Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

+6
CoolioThane
MaximizedAction
RavenEyry
Fur28
Hanako Ikezawa
Arian Dynas
10 posters

Page 2 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 36  Next

Go down

Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun - Page 2 Empty Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by MaximizedAction Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:26 am

Oooh, the suspense!
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun - Page 2 Empty Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Arian Dynas Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:35 am

Selim Bradley wrote:
Arian Dynas wrote:Also, remember, I did the checks for everyone who did combat related posts.

And some of you people are going to come out of this with injuries I'm afraid. Death remains a possibility if things REALLY go south.
How hurt is everyone so far?

Um, well, Coolio; if you're listening, I'm going to edit your post about beating the two ghouls at close range, since it's the simplest way of doing this.

You got a critical result; a twenty; meaning no matter what your con would be, you're severely injured, and are in mortal danger. Now would be an excellent time to put your skill with healing magic to work, Max.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:42 am

Also; and FYI: Healing magic, while by no means useless, is only a temporary solution, or, at most, a long term care thing; you can likely stabilize the most badly wounded with it, but it will only do things like stop bleeding in the short term, unlike other settings, new flesh does not just appear; and, all the better it does not, for infection is a genuine risk.

Basically, it's like Thieve's World, or The Witcher. Magic promotes and speeds natural healing, stops bleeding, etc.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:49 am

Arian Dynas wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:
Arian Dynas wrote:Also, remember, I did the checks for everyone who did combat related posts.

And some of you people are going to come out of this with injuries I'm afraid. Death remains a possibility if things REALLY go south.
How hurt is everyone so far?
Um, well, Coolio; if you're listening, I'm going to edit your post about beating the two ghouls at close range, since it's the simplest way of doing this.

You got a critical result; a twenty; meaning no matter what your con would be, you're severely injured, and are in mortal danger. Now would be an excellent time to put your skill with healing magic to work, Max.
Poor Coolio. What of the rest of us?
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:50 am

Post is up; go save your friends.

Oh, and a request to the party; you're all doing great, but some of you, if you could, do me a favor by thinking about how to write your posts; vary word-choice, give details, etc. Even I need to use a thesaurus sometimes.

You're doing great, but I think there's room for superlative. :)

Last edited by Arian Dynas on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:52 am

Go read for yourself to find out.

He'll likely live though, nearly assuredly if you can help him in time.

I also might add that nearly ALL of you came CLOSE to injury at least once, if you didn't actually get injured; Fur and Estebanus especially, who ended up getting EXACTLY their scores for their checks.

If you'd like to integrate that into your posts, you have the option fellas.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:56 am

Just to check, are you keeping track of the amount of bad ghouls and what the good ghouls are doing.

I've just killed two more and two were roasted, so with six coming after me the rest of the party should be relatively safe at the moment, assuming some ghouls are fighting each other.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:58 am

who can help Rodrigo while i help Sandro?

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:01 pm

RavenEyry wrote:Just to check, are you keeping track of the amount of bad ghouls and what the good ghouls are doing.

I've just killed two more and two were roasted, so with six coming after me the rest of the party should be relatively safe at the moment, assuming some ghouls are fighting each other.

I checked that actually, Raven, edit your post;
with only above average strength and good dexterity, if you focus a flurry of your attacks on one of the ghouls you could kill him, and knock the other silly as the 6 approach.

And I think I'll add a caveat in the future about quarterstaves always giving an additional attack, so long as it is on a different target (that would be in addition to your combat training bonus).

As I recall, you've played the Witcher, so as a comparison, quarterstaff combat is more like "group style" it's more focused on keeping enemies engaged and off your back, than it is about going straight for the kill. It's not a long club, like plenty of people think it is; it's a defensive weapon just as much as, if not moreso than it is an offensive one.

Last edited by Arian Dynas on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:01 pm

If Aaron can move his fire field maybe he can move over to shield Rodrigo. Kinda like the biotic shield in the suicide mission.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:05 pm

RavenEyry wrote:If Aaron can move his fire field maybe he can move over to shield Rodrigo. Kinda like the biotic shield in the suicide mission.

Nope; it's centered on the sarcophagus, which is what he specifically chose to protect with the spell.

Though that is a good comparison.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:06 pm

Also, Raven, a good example of the sort of thing Ven would be doing; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c54dm9B02o
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:08 pm

Arian Dynas wrote:Also, Raven, a good example of the sort of thing Ven would be doing; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c54dm9B02o
Cool. I was trying to think of variation but killing zombieish enemies makes blows to the head seem most appropriate. I have been picturing him moving like that though.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:09 pm

RavenEyry wrote:If Aaron can move his fire field maybe he can move over to shield Rodrigo. Kinda like the biotic shield in the suicide mission.
I am protecting him until our wounds can be treated.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Selim Bradley wrote:
I am protecting him until our wounds can be treated.

Actually Selim; I think I'll be a bit mean. :devil:

Let's say killing the Ghoul actually made it's grip tighten, sinking it's claws in deeper, meaning you'll have to disentangle yourself first.

Feel free to adjust your post accordingly.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:13 pm

How about raising the skeletons of the dead ghouls and going all Jason and the Argonauts on these guys?

Though I suppose Aaron will be too tired from the shield, which was a good move.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:14 pm

RavenEyry wrote:
Arian Dynas wrote:Also, Raven, a good example of the sort of thing Ven would be doing; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c54dm9B02o
Cool. I was trying to think of variation but killing zombieish enemies makes blows to the head seem most appropriate. I have been picturing him moving like that though.

Did you see the other post last page?

Just making sure; I'd like you to edit your own post.

And like I said, give us some more length! That goes for everyone really; I'm a detail person, I love them, and they're important to me, so give us the juicy bits. If you need help in that regard come future posts, send me a PM and I can give some advice.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:15 pm

RavenEyry wrote:How about raising the skeletons of the dead ghouls and going all Jason and the Argonauts on these guys?

Though I suppose Aaron will be too tired from the shield, which was a good move.

Oh I'm sure the circle of protection hurt like hell.

And, necromancy is not by definition evil, though I doubt Sandro would appreciate you doing that.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:15 pm

phew, rolled an 11. Nobody do anything i´m saving Sandro

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:18 pm

question: further and future are the same?
like further attacks?

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:20 pm

Fur28 wrote:question: further and future are the same?
like further attacks?

Further; more, following this, additional.

Future: that which is to come, in this context "Future attacks" is the same as "Further attacks" since both are referring to things that will happen.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:20 pm

Also, from a PM I sent Max about healing magic; Healing multiple characters... well, there IS a small caveat about healing magic...

Most healing magic simply improves natural healing, as I said. But there IS a "battle" variety.

This however, requires the caster to directly transfer the injuries of the selected individuals to himself. If you heal a broken ankle in this fashion, your ankle breaks. However, you DO have the option of directing the injuries to someone else again, but all of this would be extremely difficult, and likely require constitution checks on your part.

Do you want to risk it?
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:24 pm

Can I still fight on my ankle? If so, do not risk it on me.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:25 pm

I´m going to kill a boss Joyful

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:29 pm

Fur28 wrote:I´m going to kill a boss Joyful
Aw, I want to help. Wait a minute... okay I rolled a three so I pass and together we can kill him :)
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 36  Next