Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indoctrination and other shady things going on at Omega

+5
CSSteele
TheSuperAwesome_383
DoomsdayDevice
invetro
demersel
9 posters

Go down

Indoctrination and other shady things going on at Omega Empty Indoctrination and other shady things going on at Omega

Post by demersel Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:20 pm

Basicly - Omega is very weird.
The thing that most did not pick upon is that there is a very strong signal constanlty present on all frequencies in omega and it is tied and hidden in cerberus propoganda, and is powered by the reactor that, just like the force fields (which actually protect from it.)

If you don't belive me - consider this - there is at LEAST the signal cerberus uses to control adjuntants.

Now, in the very beginning - in the docs - there are some cerberus propoganda screens, and you can see that they are being powered separetly than other monitors- who apper to be mulfunctioning. - if you look closely - there is a weird oily-like distortion constantly going on there.

Now. The mulfanctioning screens - sometimes you can see that the feeds when they mulfunction - they freeze frame on the cerberus ad for sanctuary (which when you think about it had the same problem with mulfuncioning screens with no apperent reason. What do we know about sanctuary? that they created a control signal that even owerpowers the control signal of reapers to their troops- and everything that has to do with reapers - indoctrinate, especially signals)

In omega you can see that EVERY SINGLE MONITOR IS FAULTY.

BUT, when Aria makes her speach, and overrides the broadcast through out omega - ALL THE SCREENS ARE SUDDENLY FINE AND SHOW CRYSTAL CLEAR IMAGE. FULL HD LIVE BROADCAST. True colors and stuff.

That means that what you see on the faulty monitors - is THE ACTUAL BROADCAST - the broadcast itself is faulty - and it affects all systems, even when it shows the instuments and vital life support controls - so there is an underlaying signal in EVERYTHING. and it is so powerfull that it creates this much statis and distortion.
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Indoctrination and other shady things going on at Omega Empty Re: Indoctrination and other shady things going on at Omega

Post by demersel Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:37 pm

Another very interesting thing in Omega - when you first enter it, at some point you're passing through a working weapon scaner. Just like on the citadel. Except, that unlike the citadel - you pass through it in full armor and gear. And Armed. It scans you. Just like it does on the cotadel. And you know what happens? Nothing. Nothing at all.
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Indoctrination and other shady things going on at Omega Empty Re: Indoctrination and other shady things going on at Omega

Post by invetro Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:13 pm

You know, I never noticed any of that when I played. I'm working my way back to it, so I'll stay alert.

I was trying to find out what the "352004" on most of the consoles meant. I have a feeling it's related to frequency, but I can't find anything so far. All there is is a hex colour which is majority red, a bit of green and even less blue, and a chemical called N-Boc-3-piperidinepropionic acid. No idea what that does.

Or it's a random number that means nothing.
invetro
invetro
Thorian Creeper

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChhncq2NBuQMAEJxxOcSBqA

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:18 pm

In Arrival there was a similiar number. it Was 304942 - that was an estiamte number of batarians that would die in the alpha relay incident. Don't think these are related though.
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:50 am

Nice, Dem. It does seem fishy.

What I'm posting here is completely :*tinfoil*: , but interesting and funny.

Remember how they were tweeting coded messages the day before Omega launched?

Things that we had to decode using rot13, in order to know what it said?

That made me think it was a hint that there could be hidden codes in Omega.

Now a lot of those screens in Aria's base (and in other places) show odd combinations of letters. I ran them all through rot13, and nothing came out of it. However!

There's one screen (found in various places) that says:

BRDG
CNTR
WRNG

Now, if you'd add vowels to that, the most logical (to me at least) words would be:

BR i DG e

C e NT e R

WR o NG

Think about that. Wink
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSuperAwesome_383 Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:13 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Nice, Dem. It does seem fishy.
BRDG
CNTR
WRNG

Now, if you'd add vowels to that, the most logical (to me at least) words would be:

BR i DG e

C e NT e R

WR o NG

Think about that. Wink
It's more likely "Bridge Control Warning", and I can't see that having any implications at all...
TheSuperAwesome_383
TheSuperAwesome_383
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:43 am

TheSuperAwesome_383 wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:Nice, Dem. It does seem fishy.
BRDG
CNTR
WRNG

BR i DG e

C e NT e R

WR o NG

Think about that. Wink
It's more likely "Bridge Control Warning", and I can't see that having any implications at all...

No, because warning has 2 N's, and there's no L. It says CNTR.

I'm going with the idea that only the vowels are left out.

Hint!

I'm not actually very serious about this, it's just funny that it's possible.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:06 am

Control is usually CTRL anyway, for 'Bridge CONTROL Warning'. Neat thing to find, Doomsday.
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:20 pm

Yeah, it can't be "CONTROL", because there's no L in 'CNTR', and it can't be 'WARNING' because then it should have said 'WRNNG', with 2 Ns.

Again, assuming that only the vowels are left out.

So, it says 'BRIDGE CENTER WRONG'.

Anyway.

Since we're talking about Omega, I'll repost the ending foreshadowing that I found.

And I'm actually serious about this:

The reactor scene is really foreshadowing the end:

Petrovsky: *appears as a hologram* I commend you. Your plan of attack was impeccable.
Shepard: Looks like we were expected.
Nyreen: More like "lured".
Petrovsky: I knew the reactor would be the hard target. I gave you no choice but this route.
Shepard: Why don't you do this in person, Petrovsky? Get your own hands dirty?

This first part seems to foreshadow the run to the beam. The beam was the obvious target. The Reapers lured us there, as it would be our only way onto the Citadel. We had no choice but to go through there. The last bit seems to foreshadow Harbinger not handling things directly, just sending a 'hologram' to deal with Shepard.

Petrovsky: I take no pleasure in any of this, Commander. You're the ones trying to start a war... for the glory of Aria. But now it's over.
Aria: This isn't over until your next of kin can't identify you.
Petrovsky: I love your bravado, but have the sense to know when you're beaten. You've been neutralized, and I can leave you there to rot. You might as well give up.

This part begins with a moment that is reminiscent of the catalyst denying there's a war going on. The rest seems to foreshadow Harbinger having taken out Shepard. He could just leave her/him to rot, but now he's convincing Shepard to give up, basically. At the same time, Aria saying that it isn't over until you're dead beyond identification (N7 dog tag!), seems to directly foreshadow things not being over with the breath scene. Shepard is still alive. This war isn't over.

Aria: Never! *starts to tear a hole in the Forcefield*
Shepard: Aria, what are you thinking?
Aria: I'm not going out like this!
Nyreen: Aria, don't!
Petrovsky: What the hell is she trying to do?
Aria: *continues to tear open the forcefield*
Petrovsky: Damn it, Aria, you're forcing my hand! We'll do it your way, then. *hologram disappears*
Shepard: *Dives through the hole and escapes*
Nyreen: Spirits, Aria! How did you know you could do that?
Aria: I didn't.

In this part, Aria really seems to foreshadow Shepard in the destroy ending. She will not go down without a fight, and literally starts to tear apart the fabric of what is imprisoning her. Just like Shepard attacks the illusion when shooting the tube. Then the catalyst being frustrated that his trap didn't work, and acknowledging that he is going to have to face Shepard on Shepard's terms. Shepard made an escape without knowing the escape was possible.

I love these parallels.

There's just so much more to find than there seems to be at first glance.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:27 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Yeah, it can't be "CONTROL", because there's no L in 'CNTR', and it can't be 'WARNING' because then it should have said 'WRNNG', with 2 Ns.

Again, assuming that only the vowels are left out.

So, it says 'BRIDGE CENTER WRONG'.

Anyway.

Since we're talking about Omega, I'll repost the ending foreshadowing that I found.

And I'm actually serious about this:

The reactor scene is really foreshadowing the end:

Petrovsky: *appears as a hologram* I commend you. Your plan of attack was impeccable.
Shepard: Looks like we were expected.
Nyreen: More like "lured".
Petrovsky: I knew the reactor would be the hard target. I gave you no choice but this route.
Shepard: Why don't you do this in person, Petrovsky? Get your own hands dirty?

This first part seems to foreshadow the run to the beam. The beam was the obvious target. The Reapers lured us there, as it would be our only way onto the Citadel. We had no choice but to go through there. The last bit seems to foreshadow Harbinger not handling things directly, just sending a 'hologram' to deal with Shepard.

Petrovsky: I take no pleasure in any of this, Commander. You're the ones trying to start a war... for the glory of Aria. But now it's over.
Aria: This isn't over until your next of kin can't identify you.
Petrovsky: I love your bravado, but have the sense to know when you're beaten. You've been neutralized, and I can leave you there to rot. You might as well give up.

This part begins with a moment that is reminiscent of the catalyst denying there's a war going on. The rest seems to foreshadow Harbinger having taken out Shepard. He could just leave her/him to rot, but now he's convincing Shepard to give up, basically. At the same time, Aria saying that it isn't over until you're dead beyond identification (N7 dog tag!), seems to directly foreshadow things not being over with the breath scene. Shepard is still alive. This war isn't over.

Aria: Never! *starts to tear a hole in the Forcefield*
Shepard: Aria, what are you thinking?
Aria: I'm not going out like this!
Nyreen: Aria, don't!
Petrovsky: What the hell is she trying to do?
Aria: *continues to tear open the forcefield*
Petrovsky: Damn it, Aria, you're forcing my hand! We'll do it your way, then. *hologram disappears*
Shepard: *Dives through the hole and escapes*
Nyreen: Spirits, Aria! How did you know you could do that?
Aria: I didn't.

In this part, Aria really seems to foreshadow Shepard in the destroy ending. She will not go down without a fight, and literally starts to tear apart the fabric of what is imprisoning her. Just like Shepard attacks the illusion when shooting the tube. Then the catalyst being frustrated that his trap didn't work, and acknowledging that he is going to have to face Shepard on Shepard's terms. Shepard made an escape without knowing the escape was possible.

I love these parallels.

There's just so much more to find than there seems to be at first glance.

Thats just brilliant, but am skeptical to think they went that deep. You know like the fans are more passionate than the writers themselves. Because not all of them agree on things when put ideas across during developments. I guess they even admitted as much?

However the parallels are uncanny. Shocked You maybe be onto something.
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Yep, Omega is entirely thematic.

I dislike it a bit for not being some overt reveal about Cerberus (only a bit for us to chew on for theories), and for it being an action-fest, with cutscene bugs...

But the thematic stuff makes it worth it. For $10. The $15 was too much.

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:36 pm

all true, themes and forshadowing are very prominent in Omega.

But there are other things.
There IS indoctrination going on Omega. And it is evidenced by Nyreen and the Talons.
First - let's get things straight - You may like nyreen, because she seems to have "honor" and "cares for the people". And there is a fact that she's a female turian with a gun. And is mysterious.

But here's the thing. Nyreen while being all noble and caring for the people did not achieve ANYTHING, while she was on Omega during it's occupation. It took Aria and Shepard less than a day to take back Omega, and the two of them did most of the work. As proven by Aria and Shepard - it just takes a will to do this, determination - and Omega is taken back. Those things that Shepard and Aria do - Nyreen could have done ages ago, but she didn't and it isn't like most of the stuff they did harm the innocents - as proven by shepard even the reactor can be turned off without sacrificing anyone.
And as Aria repeatedly points out - THERE IS NO INNOCENTS ON OMEGA - Omega is the den of thievs and murderers and mercinaries, and scum and villiany. What innocents???

Then. While Nyreen still might have a point, let's give her that. There is another thing to consider.
We, player, did not know Nyreen before. To us she seems normal, if a bit idealistic - because that is how we met her.
Aria, however KNOWS her for a long time. And she is TAKEN A BACK by the radical change in character. You might have missed it if sided with Nyreen in conversations - but when you support Aria - Nyreens commens become more and more detached from reality, and Aria reapetedly questiones the change that she undergone. She desperatly tries to find the person she used to know in Nyreen, but the fact that she can't is really devastating to her - she grow more and more angry in her outcries - to the point of being histerical - at several points she just screams at her - "what is the matter with you????".

After the reactor stand off Aria confronts Nyreen - accusing her for hesitating to strike when fighting the adjuntants - and says that when they are around Nyreen becomes as if paralized with fear.

During the DLC - when you meet the adjuntants in the mines - you get hints that Nyreen has encountered them before and that something happend to her during that encounter.

Her self sacrifice is very strange - since her last word to Aria on the radio - "I think I hear something, I going to check it out."

And then she goes A VERY LONG WAY alone - to the spot of her final stand off. As if drawn by adjuntants.

The thing about adjuntants - they are not really that loud fellows.

How could she hear them, during an all out riot all over omega from across all this distance? The only way would be a whispering in her head. (which she mentions during the mine mission)

The other strange thing is sublte - it concerns the Talon gang. Sure, Nyreen is their leader. And she orders them whatever she wants.

But here's the catch - Aria banished her from Omega, long before Cerberus occupation. But she didn't leave, because she already was the leader of the Talons.
Then, when you fight your way to the Talon hide out - Aria notes the crates of red sand just tossed around. And says that the Talons she knows would never do that, and something is not right.
No let's just combine those two - Talons that she know - the Talons she knew, before Omega was taken from her. The Talons ALREADY led by Nyreen (it was her secret gang from the get go. and they've risen to power after she was banished by Aria). So there wasn't any sudded change in leadership - Nyreen was the leader, and Nyreen is the leader. But there was a sudden change in behavior.

Oh, and there are guards on post in the Talon hideout who can barely stand and are drooling, just staring into some imaginary point. And the another such drooling Talon in the med bay - he is exactly like those virmire salarians. Check it out - Talon hideout is a very creepy place - it even gives Aria (!) shivers - she says so.

And again there is this thing that Nyreen and the Talons didn't do anything to take back Omega, before Aria came. It reminds of one thing that EDI says about the Reaper prisoner camps on earth, and that no one reports escape attemts. This is all nice and well, but there are STILL no succesfull escape attemts. True, all the prisoners behave noble, and don't rat on each other, and protect each other and all that. But still no one menages to escape. So the system set by the reapers works regardless of whether you succumb or resist with 100% efficiency. Just like no one attemts to get rid of cerberus while aria is gone from Omega. Yet Nyreen finds it appropriate to lecture Aria on caring of the people.

Aria's sudden and painfully out of character change if siding with Nyreen has been discussed, so i will just mention it.

And consider this.
Omega is crawling with cerberus soldiers. ALL OF THEM ARE HALF_HUSKS. Don't you think that even if nothing else was at work - all those soldiers sure would emit enough passive indoctrination (the indoctrinated host's body itself becoms a transmitter of reaper's indoctrination signal - codex says so. Who cares if it is the reapers or cerberus sending the signal?)
And all those indoctrinated troops has been on Omega for Aa very long time - so the effect can't be discarded simply due to the exposure being too brief.

So that's it for today. Tomorrow I'll tell you about very interesting stuff about adjuntants, which you might have missed.

demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:12 pm

Regarding Nyreen, she did not have any chance at taking back Omega until Aria hit it with Shepard. Part of that is her honor, the other is that she simply did not have the manpower.

Nyreen and her troops did not have the manpower to beat Ceberus on Omega. Neither does Aria after the losses from the space battle is accumulated which is why they are forced to join up.

Aria is also completely okay with using the "civilians" something Nyreen is against adding more forces Nyreen never had before Aria arrived.

Then there is things such as lay out maps (as in maps with all the secret passages) efficient, access to systems and other such stuff which Aria had in her bunker (which among other things allow us to find the generator powering the force fields).

Nyreen may be affected by indoctrination, does not really matter either way. But she did not have any chance of taking back Omega until Shepard and Aria hit Omega. Cerberus is quite literally at the Talon's doorstep when Shepard crashes the party.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:20 pm

Bullshit. Especially the part about man power.
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:23 pm

I agree that it's telling that Nyreen is paralysed when confronted with the adjutants.

I thought there was something off about Nyreen as well.

As for the whispering sound of the adjutants... it's a sound you can actually hear. They make it all the time.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:25 pm

Well it is not a good sign if you hear whispers in ME, remember? )
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:27 pm

Yeah, I'm just saying it's probably an actual sound - not something that is just in your head.

But yeah, I agree that it's very possible that things like adjutants are sources of indoctrination signals. Nyreen's reaction seems very telling.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:31 pm

Look, for all it's worth - cerberus troopers are sources or retransmitters of indoctrination signals! And by the way - those orange fields - they might be shielding from that signal as well. Unlikely - but possible - Petrovsky seems completely unaffected by indoctrination, But we don't really have anything to compare to.
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:36 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Yeah, I'm just saying it's probably an actual sound - not something that is just in your head.

But yeah, I agree that it's very possible that things like adjutants are sources of indoctrination signals. Nyreen's reaction seems very telling.

I've not played Omega, so I've not heard the whispering, but I'm quite interested in this. If you don't mind me asking, what makes you think it's a "real" in-universe sound, rather something that we can hear in Shepard's head? Does the whispering come though different speaker channels depending on where Shepard is relative to an adjutant, or does it just seem to emanate from no particular point whenever they're around?
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:38 pm

Eryri wrote:Does the whispering come though different speaker channels depending on where Shepard is relative to an adjutant, or does it just seem to emanate from no particular point whenever they're around?
Yes. Also the entire squad hears it, and in fact directs you to listen before the sound comes again louder.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:58 pm

Selim Bradley wrote: Yes. Also the entire squad hears it, and in fact directs you to listen before the sound comes again louder.

Ah right. So it is a physical noise then. Thanks.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:01 pm

demersel wrote:Bullshit. Especially the part about man power.

Aria says specifically that not enough men made it through to take on Cerberus. It is the entire reason you are forced to join up with the Talons. To quote Aria directly: "Our losses were significant. We cant field an army large enough to face down Cerberus."

There black on white from Aria and we have no reason to believe the Talons are any better of considering Cerberus is banging down their front door when we reach their base. We literally have to protect their landing pads ourselves and then reinforce the front.

Then comes the problems with the force fields. They are blocking our path, that is why you need them out of the way. But if the Talon's did not know (again the bunker Aria uses has access to a lot of security as well as schematics from across Omega allowing them to pin point where power is being siphoned from, the Talons might not be so lucky) or couldn't reach (those Adjutants may not be much to Shepard / Aria in game play, but they tear through normal soldiers) then there is simply know way the Talons could reach the most important Cerberus positions.

Last edited by Raistlin Majere on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:01 pm

Eryri wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote: Yes. Also the entire squad hears it, and in fact directs you to listen before the sound comes again louder.

Ah right. So it is a physical noise then. Thanks.
No problem.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down