Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!)

+14
Fur28
marajade
Raistlin Majere
Arashi08
Byne
Terramine
lex0r
Angel_May_Cry
AxStapleton
Norlond
CoolioThane
Hrothdane
Hanako Ikezawa
RavenEyry
18 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!) - Page 5 Empty Re: The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!)

Post by RavenEyry Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:49 pm

Of course some were impossible to avoid. How do you plan on winning the game without getting into any battles?
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!) - Page 5 Empty Re: The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!)

Post by Hrothdane Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:53 pm

RavenEyry wrote:Of course some were impossible to avoid. How do you plan on winning the game without getting into any battles?
The point is to have battles when you want, not when the game arbitrarily forces them upon you. You have to beat the gym leaders to win, but you can fight them anytime you want.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:11 pm

I'm sure it'll be appreciated by many people but it'll just make things more annoying for me
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:30 pm

RavenEyry wrote:I'm sure it'll be appreciated by many people but it'll just make things more annoying for me
A single button press.... it really seems like you're too easily annoyed >.>
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:36 pm

I said 'more annoying' not 'so annoying I refuse to play' or anything like that. Even 1% more is still 'more'
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:49 pm

RavenEyry wrote:I said 'more annoying' not 'so annoying I refuse to play' or anything like that. Even 1% more is still 'more'
But... we all have stuff like that all the time, we don't mention it because it's trivial. Aint nobody got time for that, etc, etc.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:53 pm

Oh, like you only ever comment on things when it's absolutely necessary
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:29 pm

RavenEyry wrote:Oh, like you only ever comment on things when it's absolutely necessary
I am not talking about necessity, I simply mean that a 1% increase in annoyance would for all intents and purposes not even be noticed by anyone else. But anyways, enough off topic stuff...

Speaking of mega evolution not actually being evolution. Since they call it evolution, does that mean mewtwo is an evolving legendary?
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:06 am

I'm taking the mega-evolutions as "formes" until we find out whether or not they involve the increase of "base stats". Then Iwill class them as evolutions. My wishlist for megas:

i) Charizard
ii) Dragonite
iii) Aggron
iv) Gengar
v) Altaria
vi) Flygon
vii) Arcanine
viii) Sudowoodo
ix) Salamence
x) Pinsir
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:34 pm

It's not evolution or formes, it's a mid battle power up.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:36 am

I don't know how I feel about that. It's like...weird
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:42 am

MegaMewtwo sux...hard!
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:52 pm

Anyone a huge fan of Nuzlocke comics on the interwebs? I really like the darker ones
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:03 am

The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!) - Page 5 BRZ-jFhCAAEcIdh

...gotta agree with the last panel there.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:22 pm

Hypno is known to reside away from humans and on less traveled roads. If anyone comes by, the Hypno will hypnotize it and presumably eat its dreams. It carries around a pendulum, the item it uses to hypnotize victims, everywhere it goes. Hypno hypnotizes its victims by rocking its pendulum back and forth steadily, with the arcing movement and glitter of the pendulum lulling the victim to sleep, even if they just woke up. Hypno's Hypnosis technique is so effective, it can induce sleep in only three seconds, although the longer it swings its pendulum, the longer the effects of Hypnosis will last. Since eye contact is required for Hypno’s Hypnosis technique to work, the effect is negated if the victim quickly closes its eyes. While it waits for victims, it polishes its pendulum using its mane.

He also likes kidnappin' little children and umm...play with 'em, eat their dreams and stuff.
Remember Lostelle from FireRed?
This guy is PedoBear of the Pokemon World...

Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:05 am

Big news, the intermediate forms of the starters has been revealed. I don't really like any of them but it wouldn't be the first time the middle stage is the least appealing. The fire one is looking even more to become fire/psychic.

Also mega Mewtwo has a different form in X and Y. They both look like X turns into Frieza instead of Buu, continuing to reinforce mega's being super saiyans to me.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/English_names_of_October_2013_CoroCoro_Pok%C3%A9mon_revealed
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:54 am

John, Frogadier looks like a total bro. I follow the theme of the starter being the main player with support from the others. Therefore Froskie is going to be my choice based in the sexiness he exudes.
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:17 am

He was my favourite of those seconds but third is the only one I base on usually. It's the form you'll have longest so it's make or break.

I like all three Hoenn starters for instance. But only one of them becomes a kickboxing chicken.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:42 pm

Pure joy in a Pokemon game is catching a legendary using only 2 ultra balls.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Norlond Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:53 pm

You should calculate how lucky you got :P http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Catch_rate

The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!) - Page 5 Tumblr_lzawokZ0I71r46j4ro1_500_zps021f73f4
Norlond
Norlond
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Skyzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:21 pm

Norlond wrote:You should calculate how lucky you got :P http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Catch_rate

The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!) - Page 5 Tumblr_lzawokZ0I71r46j4ro1_500_zps021f73f4
Actually just calculated it and...apparently I was not all that lucky, Reshiram as it was has a pretty low CatchRate as it turns out, meaning i actually had around 45% chance to catch it per Ultra ball with the Hp I had dropped it to and without any status effects...what do you know.

I was just happy it went in so fast as i remembered all my horrible times with past Legendaries.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:01 pm

Plot legendaries are often easier than bonus ones. Reshiram for instance had to be caught to advance the plot so giving it the standard catch rate of 3 would have caused a lot of hair to be ripped out in frustration.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Heh, oh well. I have seen many complain about capturing Terrakion, but I did not have much trouble.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:37 am

The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!) - Page 5 Doublade

The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!) - Page 5 73a0e8defecbe899f8dcbf26b65bbf69_zps54de5691
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:46 am

The 'just add more of them' school of evolution is still in I see, not that I'm complaining, this guy looks as good as dugtrio and magneton.

Also read recently that the exp. all is back. This along with EV training minigames seems like the game's gonna be easier than usual, but the actual enemy difficulty is yet to be seen so it may balance out in the end. Competetive battlers will probably love this one though.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next