Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!)

+14
Fur28
marajade
Raistlin Majere
Arashi08
Byne
Terramine
lex0r
Angel_May_Cry
AxStapleton
Norlond
CoolioThane
Hrothdane
Hanako Ikezawa
RavenEyry
18 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!) - Page 6 Empty Re: The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!)

Post by RavenEyry Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:48 pm

The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!) - Page 6 H03A8A485
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!) - Page 6 Empty Re: The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!)

Post by RavenEyry Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:54 pm

On a less funny note, we have a leak finally and YOU DONE GONE FUCKED IT UP GAMEFREAK! Two final form fire starters in a row I hate.

The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!) - Page 6 607181

At least I get a charmander and downloadable torchic to make up for it.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:01 pm

I rather like the other two, though.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:41 pm

Yeah, I'm going for the water now. Wasn't keen on the first form when announced but it evolves into quite the suave ninja frog.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:23 pm

My Froakie turns into the coolest starter evolution! Excellent. Don't like either of the others though :'(

also turns out that because the place I'm renting for uni has such high utility bills...I can't afford to buy a 3DS...so can't get Gen 6 until xmas at the earliest
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:06 am

The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!) - Page 6 H81518AFC
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:17 am

So how's the new Pokeymans games? I have my $30 credit on the store from last summer, but I need a new memory card to hold the new game. How highly should I prioritize acquiring such a device?
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:19 am

Can I just say, that I don't understand the mentality behind judging gamefreak like they made a mistake. It's going to be highly subjective, in all sincerity the fire starter wasn't my favorite before but it evolves into something I like the most out of the 3.

It's not like there is any form of objectivity here. Over how many Pokemon by now, and you expect to like all of them? I played since Gen 1, and I remember that I had Pokemon I liked the least. Some I didn't like at all so guess what: I just used Pokemon I did like. I didn't complain and say that all 151 Pokemon had to suit my tastes.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:41 am

It was hyperbole silly. I find it a mild annoyance at best when I don't like a new design.

@hroth: The game is awesome. Their are a few niggling problems here and there but on the whole it's a notable improvement on an already great series. And there is a large variety of mons that come fast so there is plenty of choice to making a good team quickly, unlike some past games.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:48 am

Oh well I look stupid.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norlond Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:33 pm

The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!) - Page 6 117
Norlond
Norlond
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Skyzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by BRAVO543211 Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:27 pm

So I've decided to finally shell out 20 or so dollars for Pokemon White, or Black. Anyone got a suggestion for which one I should get?
Also random question, might have already been asked, your favorite gen 1 team.
Mine:
Charizard
Rhydon
Sandslash
Gyarados
Jolteon
Dragonite
BRAVO543211
BRAVO543211
Varren

Location : The horrble irradiated remains of Boston, on a quest to locate the Scourge of the Wastes, DCHoaxer

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:33 pm

The main difference between black and white is the aesthetics. White is more rural and black is more urban in it's towns.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by BRAVO543211 Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:58 pm

I was thinking more pokemon wise, not what the environment is
BRAVO543211
BRAVO543211
Varren

Location : The horrble irradiated remains of Boston, on a quest to locate the Scourge of the Wastes, DCHoaxer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:34 am

Mega Garchomp :D

The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!) - Page 6 1bd
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by BRAVO543211 Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:16 pm

F*** yeah, Garchomp is one of my favorites.
BRAVO543211
BRAVO543211
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:25 pm

Garchomp? Looks cool, but....my Glaceon with Ice Beam would kill the shit out of it...
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:02 pm

Glaceon is slow and fragile as a glacier. Garchomp would go first and one shot it.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:29 pm

O rly? I'd say that Glaceon is good at defense, so he can survive one, two hits from that beast of a garchomp...don't forget that Ice is 4x effective against Dragon/Ground type - like Garchomp...
1.Hit.K.O.Boom! ;>
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:51 pm

Maximus wrote:O rly? I'd say that Glaceon is good at defense, so he can survive one, two hits from that beast of a garchomp...don't forget that Ice is 4x effective against Dragon/Ground type - like Garchomp...
1.Hit.K.O.Boom! ;>
You vastly underestimate a Garchomp's offensive power, especially with full EV training, Outrage, and a Life Orb or Choice Band. Any decent Garchomp user will have Stone Edge, but they might not even need to use it. How exactly are you planning on getting that Glaceon into the match-up? Opening with Glaceon is ill-advised, and Garchomp is almost never an opener. If you do a cold switch (pun intended), you will get hit with an Outrage on the switch-in (and possibly entry hazards). If he ain't dead, Garchomp gets hit number 2 and guarantees it. If you get a neutral switch-in after Garchomp KOs one of yours, either Stealth Rock/Spikes will put you in 1HKO range, they'll risk the RNG on Stone Edge, or they'll switch out to a hard counter like Bullet Punch Scizor.

I've run with a Garchomp since Gen IV, and he's an utter beast, especially in a Sandstorm. I also considered running a Glaceon at one point, for the same reason you do, but it's just incredibly ill-advised.

Now, as far as ice-types go, a max speed Froslass would work against anything except Choice Scarf Garchomp, but it's of limited use. Just in general, pure ice-type is garbage. You don't need the STAB against things with 4X weaknesses, and ice-type has very debilitating weaknesses and few resistances. That's what I referred to when I called Glaceon fragile. A bulky water with Ice Beam would be better. Or anything else with Ice Beam, for that matter. Glaceon is also just kinda bad. His move distribution is terrible and predictable.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:08 am

You seem to be assuming when garchomp strikes first it'll be using a move you resist. They can have many moves to one shot you before you one shot them.

Anyway, having played X for a while just gonna put some thoughts on it.
The good:
-Mon selection is fantastic, stuff from every gen comes thick and fast. I've had a full and varied team before the second gym twice now.
-The new graphics work really well, it's a damn pretty game.
-There's several minigames, battling and otherwise, spread out that can be ignored or overplayed or whatever easily. No contest it forces you to do once then a tower at the end this time.
-Trainer customisation is pretty good for a first try, selection isn't too massive and it takes a while to reach many of the shops.
-Your four friends keep popping up sometimes to battle, or help, or just for a chat. Same as with Bianca and Cheren, you feel like these really are your character's friends and not just an excuse for a rival like I thought Barry and Hugh were.

The bad:
-Story is rather meh, villians don't seem to have any real motivation until near the end, just getting up to general antics before a reveal that does not explain there former actions. Also the 'twist' of who their boss is is as easy to guess as Colress being in plasma in B/W2. I did like the variety of individuals Flare had though and the last minute plot is alright.
-Most dissapointing champion ever. At least Wallace actually did something in the plot, and people acted like he was an important trainer. This person is solely referred to by their other profession. Nobody even implies they're also basically the head of government. Also a rather easy fight when it comes.
-Post game is rather sparse, especially compared to B/W.

The weird:
-There seems to be more innuendos than usual. "I never drop my balls!" shouts some guy in a hotel, and there's this chap called Mr. Bonding who repeatedly bonds with you in a fade to black. There's also a few rather dumb things said (and a really old meme), though I wonder if some of that is due to translation issues from the simultaneous release. 'Meteors from space' comes immediately to mind. Not something that affects my enjoyment at all, just sticks in my head.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:17 pm

Hrothdane wrote:*snip*
HAHA! Ok, I give up! You won, alright?! ;>
I've never lost against Garchomp, so I had reasons to underestimate dat beast.
What can I say? Not everybody is as pr0 as you are, heh!
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by BRAVO543211 Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

In all honesty the only Eevee evolution I have ever really liked is Jolteon. Tried all the other, but found them..... meh. I have had a Jolteon as one of my Pokemon for my team since Gen 1, works as a super fast Pokemon I can send out to handle any pokemon with low spec def, or is weak to electric, and ghost moves. Typically have the moveset Thunderbolt, Shadow ball, Dig, and Irontail. Wide variety of moves let him take on any situation.
BRAVO543211
BRAVO543211
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by BRAVO543211 Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:32 pm

So what's everyone's fav non legendary dragon? For me it is either Garchomp or Salamance.
BRAVO543211
BRAVO543211
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:37 pm

Haxorus
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next