Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!)

+14
Fur28
marajade
Raistlin Majere
Arashi08
Byne
Terramine
lex0r
Angel_May_Cry
AxStapleton
Norlond
CoolioThane
Hrothdane
Hanako Ikezawa
RavenEyry
18 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!)

Post by AxStapleton Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:12 pm

There be a new Eevee!

Edit: Top with a new Pokemon!!

Last edited by AxStapleton on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!)

Post by RavenEyry Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:23 pm

It's hard to tell what type it is... unless there's a new type?

If there is a new type, poison had better be super effective against it. Poison attacks are useless except when actually poisoning.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:02 pm

RavenEyry wrote:It's hard to tell what type it is... unless there's a new type?

If there is a new type, poison had better be super effective against it. Poison attacks are useless except when actually poisoning.

Many people think its a Normal type evolution (So effectively, just a stronger Eevee).

The only other type that regularly goes with that colour scheme is Psychic, and we already have Espeon.

Its name being Sylveon, confuses matters further though. It might even be a Steel type.
AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:09 pm

I always imagined a normal type evolution would be more like eevee but a bit begger and sleeker.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:17 am

The game has been needing new types and/or new type weaknesses/resistances for some time now. With the current setup, Poison-types will always be the runt of the litter because steel dominates so much of the metagame. Even amongst players that don't EV train and breed moves, steel types are ridiculously overrepresented because they tend to be the coolest Pokemon in the game.

Now, the rise of Fighting-types and relative fall of Psychic-types has made Poison more viable, but the fact that the ubiquitous Steel-type can use a Poison-type as a free switch-in will always hamstring the type.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:26 am

If anyone has Soul Silver or Heart Gold, would they be willing to help me evolve a Kadabra?
AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:45 am

My DS doesn't like my wifi so I can't help until I get a 3DS next month.

My primary memory of HeartGold is that its the only time I found a random shiny. It was a rattata. Of course.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:35 pm

I've yet to be lucky enough to find a shiny Pokemon beyond the Red Gyarados.
AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:34 pm

I actually have three non-Gyarados shinies; Crobat, Tentacool, and--the greatest of all--my shiny Metagross.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:09 pm

Just as I say that, I'm seeing a shiny Dratini....
AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:17 am

Random facts about Pokemon you may or may not know, people think the pokemon world makes no sense at all when a lot of things including a lot of the pokemon logic can make a bit of sense(if it's not just part of a joke on the writers/devs side).:

1.Pokemon are "people" by any legal definition. They have their own language, they actually understand Humans as well Humans can sometimes understand them. They actually consent to Pokemon battles, etc. Heck, some Pokemon can speak English... as well Meowth proves any Pokemon could do it. As well, some pokemon are more intelligent than some if not all Humans.

2.Pokemon is based somewhat around Asian and world-wide spirituality and religion. You have references to gods, and an overarching theme of everything being made of a universal energy, and all physical forces, god, etc coming from a single point, etc. Afterlives, etc.

3.Mew is evil, I'm not kidding... trust me on this, he is a psychotic asshole. Don't believe me? During the movie premier for Mew VS Mewtwo, an Ancient Mew card was given out. It had something in some code, I think it is Unknowns, that when translated says: "Little God... or Devil?"

Now, during the movie Mew does not give a flying fuck that Ash gets hurt/dies, nor does he give a fuck that pokemon are hurting each other. Sure he gives a speech that what their doing is wrong in the English dub, but 2 subfacts:

1a.While he says this, he doesn't reflect it REACTION-WISE. He's as calm and careless as can be, while everyone else minus Mewtwo is all like "This, this is horrible" reaction-wise.

2a.The good guy speech is only in the English dub. As well, Mewtwo is more evil in the English version speech-wise. Whereas in the original Mewtwo is just confused about what place Clones belong in. Here's the interesting fact: Mew says unnatural life is inferior to the originals, and thus should perish.

Mew is an evil fucker, he's a little Devil.

3.Pokemon, can be killed... as well eaten. It also appears Humans and Pokemon have either fought against each other, or together, or both. Either way, a lot of pokemon are so deadly you wonder how Humans avoid so many causalities.

Here's fact Number 3: A long time ago, Pokemon and Humans managed on their own... though they did help each other out. Then the Pokemon themselves decided that in order to make things easier, they would wait for Humans to appear before them and then the Pokemon would attack ready for battle. If you cannot beat the Pokemon, and show you will treat them right, you do not deserve to train them. Pokemon can run away at will, they choose to let you train them. The only situation that this would possibly be untrue, is with a Masterball... or non-game balls like Mewtwo's or that guy's from the Celebi movie. Of course how those balls work is unknown, judging by the Celebi movie ones, it made them evil so they'd outright consent to being controlled by someone who has evil intentions.

This fact would be why, a Legendary could be captured by a "mere" Human. Because as long as you beat them, you prove you are worthy to train them. Except for the Masterball, I still don't know how it has a 100% catch rate. I hope there isn't some hidden fridge horror here, but my gut says there is and makes me not want to use a Masterball LOL

4. Humans ARE Pokemon. At one point in ancient history Humans and Pokemon were indistinguishable. If I was to suggest, Humans are the "Pokemon" who's best ability is training all other Pokemon... at some point Humans were Pokemon who split off for such a purpose. This would explain perfectly, why a Human can survive attacks from Pokemon. Why Ash can get burnt by a Charizard without being horribly fried in a grotesque fashion. As well other, not so humorous examples. Also explains Pokemon being people.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:39 am

Mew isn't evil. The point in the original version of he movie was it was a fight between two equally wrong viewpoints, aka: clones are superior/inferior. The english dub changed it to plain old good vs evil but keeps in the major collateral damage from their fight.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:24 am

RavenEyry wrote:Mew isn't evil. The point in the original version of he movie was it was a fight between two equally wrong viewpoints, aka: clones are superior/inferior. The english dub changed it to plain old good vs evil but keeps in the major collateral damage from their fight.
Not only did Mew think they were inferior... he thinks BECAUSE they were inferior, that they should perish. How isn't "you are inferior, so you should die" not equal EVIL? That's hitler, yo.

Exterminate the clones, heil mein pink fuzzy fuhrer!
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:05 am

I never use a Master Ball. Not even on Legendaries. Make sure its night (doesn't matter if in a cave), have some dusk balls, a Pokemon that knows a sleep inducing move, and you give yourself a 10% chance on each ball. It might not sound like much but its a lot better than a chance of 1/255 using a standard pokeball and twice as effective as using ultra balls.

I always like to challenge myself, Master Balls are a cheap way of doing things.
AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:24 am

I usually save Master Balls for things that run away. I find chasing them down more tedious than fun. Breeding pokemon for battling and the battles themselves are what I find fun, not so much the catching.

I used one on that shiny Metagross I found b/c they have a ridiculously low catch rate, and I didn't want to risk knocking out a shiny, ESPECIALLY a shiny of my favorite pokemon.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:38 pm

IronicParticle wrote:
RavenEyry wrote:Mew isn't evil. The point in the original version of he movie was it was a fight between two equally wrong viewpoints, aka: clones are superior/inferior. The english dub changed it to plain old good vs evil but keeps in the major collateral damage from their fight.
Not only did Mew think they were inferior... he thinks BECAUSE they were inferior, that they should perish. How isn't "you are inferior, so you should die" not equal EVIL? That's hitler, yo.

Exterminate the clones, heil mein pink fuzzy fuhrer!
And mewtwo wanted the same for all non clones. It's two equally evil extremes.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:05 pm

RavenEyry wrote:
And mewtwo wanted the same for all non clones. It's two equally evil extremes.
Well, he is the clone of the little guy... so I guess it makes sense.. also being a clone is as risky as being an AI, you got to treat em right or they corrupt easier than anyone else due to their differences in the nature of their existence.

But anyways yeah, evil Mew.... and Mewtwo.

But hey, I still like Mew... and Mewtwo, their both cool and awesome. Just, most people might mistake Mew for this brainless innocent little pink thing.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:29 pm

Hrothdane wrote:I usually save Master Balls for things that run away. I find chasing them down more tedious than fun. Breeding pokemon for battling and the battles themselves are what I find fun, not so much the catching.

I used one on that shiny Metagross I found b/c they have a ridiculously low catch rate, and I didn't want to risk knocking out a shiny, ESPECIALLY a shiny of my favorite pokemon.
Eh, thinking about it now a Pokemon could probably still run away after being captured if you used a Masterball. The only 2 balls that certainly keep this from happening, is the evil ball used by the guy in the Celebi movie and Mewtwo's ball which captures even the Pokemon's Pokeball. As I said before, if a person is abusing their Pokemon... most of the time the Pokemon will run away if they don't have Stockholm Syndrome or another reason to stay.

So I guess there isn't that much fridge horror behind a Masterball, still curious about the 100% catch rate though. My guess about the different catch rates is they "appeal" to certain Pokemon, and some also seem more appealing to all pokemon in certain situations. I remember something about the inside of a Pokeball being a simulation or something, so the better the simulation the more convincing you are at getting them to stay.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:14 pm

The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!) - Page 2 H93D534CF
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:44 pm

Pokemon logic The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!) - Page 2 Oe9VGPj
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:46 am

IronicParticle wrote:*snip*

Speaking of Mewtwo...

AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:57 am

AxStapleton wrote:
IronicParticle wrote:*snip*

Speaking of Mewtwo...

Cool, a new powerful pokemon ready to be blocked by an insignificant object.

Human<Tree

Mewtwo<Human

Newtwo<?
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Byne Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:01 am

Speaking of Mewtwo, here's a Mewtwo wallpaper.

The Pokemon Thread (dun-dun-duhhh!) - Page 2 150_me10

I have wallpapers in a similar style for the first 251 pokemon if you want them. Uploaded the folder here.
Byne
Byne
Threadmasterâ„¢

Back to top Go down

Post by Arashi08 Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:35 am

I stopped playing after Ruby because I could never get a DS. but when I look back I really didn't know how to play it at all :P
Arashi08
Arashi08
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton Wed May 08, 2013 9:36 am

Also, there's a Deoxys Wifi Event going on right now for any Gen 5 games. Just in case anyone was interested.
AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next