Politics. Dirty, dirty, politics.

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Politics. Dirty, dirty, politics.

Post by Arian Dynas on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:17 am

RavenEyry wrote:Prettz is here!

Also apparently Priestly has graduated from dickishness to just being contrary for the sake of it, like a republican.

Hey now Tommy, only us 'Mericans get to make fun of our stupid politics.

I seriously wish there were a third, Moderate party. I am sick of the idiotic extremism, on both sides.

My Collected Works The Bioware Buisness Plan, The Birth of the Reapers, and An End Once and For All
"We didn't go out with a bang or a whimper. We went out with a whisper."
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:21 am

Arian Dynas wrote:

Also apparently Priestly has graduated from dickishness to just being contrary for the sake of it, like a republican.

I seriously wish there were a third, Moderate party. I am sick of the idiotic extremism, on both sides.
like mexico, we have three sides, they´re all stupid but they are three Grin , there are others but they are too small to count

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:24 am

Arian Dynas wrote:

I wish we had a "common sense" party. They don't stick to the same ideals over the decades like all other parties do, but instead just do what makes sense to solve the problems at the time.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:41 am

Arian Dynas wrote:

Honestly both your parties are extremely similar from what everyone else can see. Both are right-wing capitalists, they just focus on slightly different issues. Its just the Republicans also have a bunch of major nutjobs tainting the whole party image, and the Democrats have a bunch of lilly-livered over-liberals in their camp.

I imagine that's why you have nothing else - anything further right is seen as fascist, and anything further left is seen as communist. There's no room for true moderates.

Though I can't say much for the UK either - we have three parties that are just as far right as the ones in the USA, and even less to distinguish between them all. And most of the smaller parties are actual fascists. Scary.
Andromidius
Admin

http://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:03 am

Andromidius wrote:
Arian Dynas wrote:

Honestly both your parties are extremely similar from what everyone else can see. Both are right-wing capitalists, they just focus on slightly different issues. Its just the Republicans also have a bunch of major nutjobs tainting the whole party image, and the Democrats have a bunch of lilly-livered over-liberals in their camp.

I imagine that's why you have nothing else - anything further right is seen as fascist, and anything further left is seen as communist. There's no room for true moderates.

Though I can't say much for the UK either - we have three parties that are just as far right as the ones in the USA, and even less to distinguish between them all. And most of the smaller parties are actual fascists. Scary.

To be blunt, I hate both parties; the Republican party (not the people who follow it, the actual politicians those assholes parade around like capering monkeys) seems to be made up of a bunch of backwards, bible thumping idiots who never left the 30's. And by that I mean the 1830's. And even then it's still too little of an insult, because the backward policies Rommney and Bork (I hate that man, he figures women's sufferage was too extreme of an action.) wanted to implement would have basically turned the US back to the Gilded Age, robber barons on top, the indigent down below.

And even Rommney is only indicative of the problems WITH the Republican party; they think it unreasonable when the government asks them to share the load, rather than blowing their chump change on champagne and solid-gold yachts filled with whores, they side with Creationism, an idiotic philosophy that basically amount to sticking one's fingers in their ears every time someone approaches them with any fact they don't like, all the while maintaining that smug air of certainty (though, let it be said that those who have the least understanding of a subject usually tend to be the most sure of their knowledge. And yes, this is why the Reductionists bug me too.) They bash gays, whom I personally go with the "let em be. They have the same rights we do, and should be able to excercise them, "Man and Wife" be damned."

And the Democratic party is filled with a bunch of complete pussies who merely jump when the Republican party barks. They barely stand for any of the issues they claim to, their promises ringing as hollow as a bell, and yet, both sides keep getting elected members in, manipulating the country, cutting down our freedoms that the nation BUILT ITSELF ON in the name of "Security", I believe it was ol Ben Franklin who said "Those who would sacrifice personal freedom for temporary safety deserve neither." Perhaps our government should actually you know, READ most of the things they are pretending to protect, like, oh, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights (it is a strange "patriot" who would damage the 1st amendment to protect the second.) nearly all of the actual political works of the founding fathers, and learn to actually understand and expand upon that, rather than chaining themselves to outdated methods of thinking, that likely still run on coal. Which is another thing about both parties, that pisses me off completely, because there really is no functional difference between them, excepting perhaps the vapid surfaces they both claim to support.

And don't even get me fucking STARTED on the idiotic, shit-brained IDIOCY that is involved with their attempts to "modernize" our copyright laws.

Basically, I'm fucking sick of being seen as a single, unimportant individual, because I can't afford to buy my own politician, I'm sick stupidity and incompetence filling the ranks of our government. I'm sick of both sides treating what SHOULD be a serious, meaningful series of interactions MEANT TO DECIDE THE COURSE OF THE LIVES OF OVER THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE, as some kind of media circus-sporting event popularity-contest, meant more about scoring "points" on the opposing team's mistakes THAN ACTUALLY DOING ANYTHING EVEN APPROACHING COMPETENCE OR INTELLIGENCE!

*sigh* Be that as it may; I'm actually an optomist, and a proud American, I love the ideals this country was founded on, even if her government has a tendency to forget them. I'm also sure there are plenty of politicians with good intentions, and plenty who are good people, who are good at their jobs.

But in either event; fuck both parties.

Anyway; if we're going to continue this discussion, perhaps it should be a specifically made thread, one preferably with padded walls?

My Collected Works The Bioware Buisness Plan, The Birth of the Reapers, and An End Once and For All
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:04 am

Also, for the record; I still feel like screaming at someone after that tirade. I'll never be able to sleep now.

Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:09 am

Arian Dynas wrote:

But in either event; fuck both parties

I'm in agreement. They both suck. All three of the UK's major parties suck too, and the alternatives are even worse.

They all sing different tunes, but ultimately they all do exactly the same things. Its depressing. But it would be worse. That's the only consolation.
Andromidius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Politics. Dirty, dirty, politics.

Post by CoolioThane on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:10 am

Andro...you calling the BNP and UKIP bad guys? Laughing

I hate the way it seems cool to some people to be xenophobic and downright racist in this country.

I'm not going to stray into this topic any further lol!

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:16 am

CoolioThane wrote:Andro...you calling the BNP and UKIP bad guys? Laughing

No joke. They are as close to fascists and nazis as can be without being blatant about it. When policies revolve around anti-immigration propaganda, anti-europe hate-spewing and casual racism then I think something is wrong. Not to mention they have a considerable number of supporters who own Nazi swastika flags and like to chant various offensive 'songs' at non-white people, it paints a rather unfortunate picture of their true colours.
Andromidius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:18 am

Andromidius wrote:
CoolioThane wrote:Andro...you calling the BNP and UKIP bad guys? Laughing

No joke. They are as close to fascists and nazis as can be without being blatant about it. When policies revolve around anti-immigration propaganda, anti-europe hate-spewing and casual racism then I think something is wrong. Not to mention they have a considerable number of supporters who own Nazi swastika flags and like to chant various offensive 'songs' at non-white people, it paints a rather unfortunate picture of their true colours.

All I find UKIP to be is a more moderate BNP. Which isn't saying much because the BNP are unashamed racists.

AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:21 am

BNP are the downright racists and xenophobes, whereas UKIP are still pretty much arseholes when it comes to foreign immigrants.

I don't get involved with the politics mumbojumbo - It's all the same shit with a different colour. Not unlike the endings of Mass Effect 3.

^You can use that as a sig if you want

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:25 am

Before I start this - i should say i did not vote UKIP. However they have a right to a voice just like any other political party.

if you researched the EU governing body and understood just what an undemocratic bunch of swindling toerags they were, you would understand why a party like UKIP exists. The EU isnt an elected government. And yet it has power over all EU states as far as lawmaking and monetary policy is concerned. plus as a country the UK gives the Eu (wait for it) a staggering 54+ Million quid a day (yes.... a day) and we get back from that what exactly?

and.....contrary to the rep they have on immigrants UKIP actually wants immigration - just not from the EU or it's poorer countries.

just thought i'd mention it. As someone who's old enough and wise enough to know what exactly racism is.

Last edited by dork on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:27 am

Are you going to vote we leave the EU?

I think we should, as we'll still get the main benefits of being in the EU, like Norway.

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:29 am

I would pull us out of the EU tomorrow. We never signed up for it. We signed up for the #common market (do the research) not to be governed by a bunch of unelected penpushers. The americans only want us in europe so they can have influence there. The europeans just want our 54 million quid a day so they can piss it up against a wall.

and no i will not be voting UKIP. just to make that clear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:35 am

Too bad voting to leave the UN is never an option.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:36 am

As far as the EU goes, I think they are bumbling idiots as much as I consider most other politicians.

As for Norway, I'm not sure that's quite the ideal you think of it because despite not being a full member, they are still bound by very many of the laws set by the EU anyway, they just don't have a say in making them (not much different here to be fair). Which I doubt would sit well with most anti EU people over here.

AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:45 am

I think it's just a matter of time anyway. I've met some people a bit angry we aren't using Euros.

You cannot kick the Queen off of our money Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:57 am

Here's a joke you may find humorous: Poly in greek means "a lot of". A tick is a blood-sucking parasite. Therefore, politics is a lot of blood-sucking parasites. jocolor
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:01 am

Selim Bradley wrote:Here's a joke you may find humorous: Poly in greek means "a lot of". A tick is a blood-sucking parasite. Therefore, politics is a lot of blood-sucking parasites. jocolor
+1

AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:24 am

Old joke.

Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:31 am

Euro... stupid idea.
And the fact that the EU "parliament" is undemocratic and has no real say anyways...
Just make a European Confederacy.
Common market, frontier defense, a common set of ground rules/laws and a more coherent foreign policy and military.
No need for a common currency that can't survive till it is an adult or huge amounts of transfers for agriculture or corrupt politicians.
When people call for solidarity, they usually just want your money.
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:38 am

Arian Dynas wrote:Old joke.
Joker: "You gotta respect the classics."
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:24 am

Restrider wrote:Euro... stupid idea.
And the fact that the EU "parliament" is undemocratic and has no real say anyways...
Just make a European Confederacy.
Common market, frontier defense, a common set of ground rules/laws and a more coherent foreign policy and military.
No need for a common currency that can't survive till it is an adult or huge amounts of transfers for agriculture or corrupt politicians.
When people call for solidarity, they usually just want your money.

The European Confederacy; it has a nice ring to it, American hang-ups aside. But then again, the Rednecks would approve as much as the people who actually know what Confederacy means.

Sometimes I wonder if the Republican party realizes we already fought a war over what their policies are (Small state government, which is far more what the Civil War was about than Slavery.); and they lost.

Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:58 am

Arian Dynas wrote:
Sometimes I wonder if the Republican party realizes we already fought a war over what their policies are (Small state government, which is far more what the Civil War was about than Slavery.); and they lost.

Why should they? Stupid fucking south doesn't realize the war's even over it seems like. Everytime I see some cro-magnon with a confederate flag in their back window or a "Don't mess with Texas hurr durr" bumper sticker, I find myself wishing the Reapers were real.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:19 pm

Rifneno wrote:

Why should they? Stupid fucking south doesn't realize the war's even over it seems like. Everytime I see some cro-magnon with a confederate flag in their back window or a "Don't mess with Texas hurr durr" bumper sticker, I find myself wishing the Reapers were real.

They'll know it in the 2500.

OT:
A confederacy suits Europe more than it did the americans. All the talk of "United States of Europe" is just wishful thinking. There are too many differences in ways of life in Europe that having a centralized state govern them will not work. It would just turn into some form of Joguslawia or USSR.
As I said, strength through diversity and thus a Confederacy would be the best way to go imho.
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top