EA 'Customer Service' (Angry, Ranty, Sweary)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

EA 'Customer Service' (Angry, Ranty, Sweary)

Post by Andromidius on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:47 am

/sigh

This is why I don't like Customer Support helplines. They are hopeless, and never do what they are supposed to do, just run you down a list and then try to pass you off to someone else. Wasted 30 minutes trying to get a free DLC that I was actually willing to pay for, but get stonewalled by having to jump through hoops.

EA. One chance I gave you to impress me with good Customer Service...

----------------------

You are now ready to chat with Hector.
you: morning
Hector: Thank you for contacting EA Help! My name is Hector. How may I help?
you: i was just trying to get a hold of the free cd key for Mass Effect: Bring Down The Sky, but the code given on the EA website doesn't appear to work for my Steam version
Hector: I see. I'm so sorry to hear that you are having issues with the dlc for Mass Effect.
Hector: Before we begin, may I ask for your name please.
you: its okay, i understand there's going to be issues with a somewhat older game
you: M
Hector: Thanks M.
Hector: You downloaded ME through Steam, correct?
you: yes
Hector: Alright.
Hector: May I have your EA account email please.
you: x
Hector: Thanks. One moment please.
Hector: Please follow the steps in the link: https://help.ea.com/article/bring-down-the-sky-troubleshooting
you: the problem was when i entered the cd key, it said "The game can not start For security reasons, only a limited number of machines can ever be licensed by a single purchase. This limit has been reached. Please purchase another registration code, reinstall, and then try again.' thing is, this is the first time i've attempted to install this dlc (or any dlc) for this copy of the game
you: and i looked around online and basically people said they needed a new cd key from EA
Hector: One moment please.
Hector: Wait a sec, you bought ME 1 from Steam, right?
you: yes
Hector: And you have followed the steps in the link I gave you ,correct?
you: yeah, the game itself works just fine, the installtation just won't accept the dc key given on the website https://help.ea.com/article/mass-effect-bring-down-the-sky-dlc-redemption
you: and it says to contact support if there is an error with the activation
Hector: Well, since you mentioned that you have done the steps in the link we provided and you are still unable to download the dlc...
Hector: Please call our phone support team for escalation at 0870 243 2435.
Hector: Your case number is 07428684. You may use this cumber as reference.
you: i can download it, i just can't install it
Hector: Same thing. Please call.
you: its not the same thing, and the website said you'd be able to unlock it
you: i don't see how phoning up will make any difference, quite honestly
you: either you can or you can't do what the website says
Hector: No, I mean it would still be the same procedure. Since the link did not work for you, the next step is for escalation.
you: i get the feeling i'm not even being listened to now...thanks for whatever this was

Last edited by Andromidius on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Andromidius
Admin

http://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: EA 'Customer Service' (Angry, Ranty, Sweary)

Post by invetro on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:45 am

And this is why I loathe calling customer support. They are drones reading from a set question and answer list.

I once called my internet provider to find out why I was disconnected, and the guy told me to empty my recycle bin and see if that fixed the problem. Suspect Two weeks later, constant phone calls to them, we find out the problem is on their end. :x

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChhncq2NBuQMAEJxxOcSBqA

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:48 am

The whole situation is a fucking joke.

Its FREE DLC. FREE. And you have to use a CD KEY for it? Even when its bought on Steam? And guess what? Those files they offer for download... DON'T WORK WITH THE STEAM VERSION!

Oh, but you need to register Mass Effect on the Bioware forums? Great... Oh wait.

YOU CAN'T REGISTER MASS EFFECT ON THERE ANYMORE FOR SOME UNKNOWN FUCKING REASON. EVERY FUCK OTHER GAME SINCE? OH YEAH! BUT MASS EFFECT 1? NO!

Okay, so we have to go to EA to get a special CD Key? Great. Oh, the CD key doesn't work? Okay, I'll contact support like it suggests. Every forum I've read said they will help no problems.

Oh wait. THE GUY I GET IS A FUCKING TOOL AND TELLS ME DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING ARE THE SAME FUCKING THING! And I get given a phone number to call to 'escalate' the problem?

NO! FUCK YOU EA! FUCK YOU! HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GET OFF OFFERING FREE DLC THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FUCKING GET AND YOU CAN'T EVEN OPT IN TO BUY?!?!
Andromidius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:59 am

Oh, and guess what? I managed to make it work.

How? Oh, I looked at the Steam ME1 Community Page. Someone posted this CD-Key on the wall: C6KKRJD4BBHTHX9KH49H

Works perfectly. Thank you, random kind person. Thank you for being immensely helpful with this simply act of consideration for fellow users.

And thank you for being 100% effective, when the 'experts' were completely fucking useless.
Andromidius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:05 am

EA customer support didn't let me remove my Russian edition of BF3 since I got the English premium limited edition 1 year later.

They said they need to verify my identity, ok that should be easy. Turns out their systems have a different date of birth than what it should be.

Ok maybe, I made the account long back and didn't want to put real dates in there, like you know you are trying origin out for the first time, not really serious in buying anything yet. This was way back in 2008.

So now they wanted some means to prove its me, they asked for the last 4 digits of me credit card. Gave them that.

Its been over a month now its still in the BS they call "escalation"

We cant change DoB from origin, but they can do it from their side, and its takes more than 1 month to change this thing? Rolling Eyes

EA is just garbage but I knew that from before and had no choice but to go with them if I need to play BF3.
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by umadcommander on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:14 am

my friends experience:
Him: my xbox copy of FIFA 13 isnt connecting
*large amount of BS later*
EA: have you tried resetting your PS3
Him: ............i play on xbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:15 am

Only thing I'd suggest is making a new account. If that's even possible.

But yeah, EA support has never helped me. Back when I had constant disconnect issues they were never able to help.

Makes me apprieciate how good Blizzard is most of the time.
Andromidius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:28 am

invetro wrote:And this is why I loathe calling customer support. They are drones reading from a set question and answer list.

I once called my internet provider to find out why I was disconnected, and the guy told me to empty my recycle bin and see if that fixed the problem. Suspect Two weeks later, constant phone calls to them, we find out the problem is on their end. :x

Blank
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:35 am

BleedingUranium wrote:
invetro wrote:And this is why I loathe calling customer support. They are drones reading from a set question and answer list.

Blank

Once I lost internet for several weeks. The reason?

They changed the address, and were providing internet to the wrong house. To a house with no computer.

Seriously.
Andromidius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:03 am

I cannot find words for that, so I'll just leave these here: Pinched Pinched Pinched
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by FFZero on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:53 am

I hate EA customer service too. I couldn't access ME3 MP for over a month because I got the redeem/purchase online pass bug. It got to the point where I had multiple tickets out on the issue and I was practically having to do their job for them, asking them to try this and that. Unbelievable. In the end I got it fixed by calling their phone support team and the bloke I spoke to had it fixed within 30 minutes. There was much joy after it was fixed, along with head-desking at the stupidity/laziness of the online 'support'
FFZero
Thorian Creeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rankincountry on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:50 pm

Andromidius wrote:Only thing I'd suggest is making a new account. If that's even possible.

But yeah, EA support has never helped me. Back when I had constant disconnect issues they were never able to help.

Makes me apprieciate how good Blizzard is most of the time.

I've not been unfortunate enough to need EA customer support so far. Agree about Blizzard though - their in-game GM's used to be really good - especially when a friend's account got hacked and our guild bank was emptied - everything was restored without a quibble within a couple of days. On the odd few occassions that I reported bots or griefers they were quick to act as well, and some of them were very funny and friendly in chat - gave the feeling that they weren't just following a set procedure, even if in reality they were.

Bad customer service usually happens when a company doesn't train its staff properly, treats them like crap, pays them badly, gives them no career prospects and, in many cases, allows a culture of bullying or abuse to flourish. And a company that doesn't care about its own staff certainly isn't going to give a flying fuck about its customers.

I try not to rage at call centres and helpdesks simply because there's every chance the poor sod I'm talking to is having a worse day than me.

They want to tell you this, they want to tell you that, just hold your hat when the black wind blows

Everywhere I go I hear what's going on
And the more I hear the less I know
Everywhere I go I hear what's going on
And the more I hear the less I know

John Jones/Oysterband
Rankincountry
Nemesis

Location : Sunny Valley Rest Home for Burnt-Out Gamers, Karpyshyn Ward

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianprice74

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:07 pm

umadcommander wrote:my friends experience:
Him: my xbox copy of FIFA 13 isnt connecting
*large amount of BS later*
EA: have you tried resetting your PS3
Him: ............i play on xbox

Now thats impressive, even for EA.
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Davik Kang on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:47 pm

I did work in Customer Service for a bit so I try to refrain from bashing it but every single example of CS from EA I've ever seen has been seriously weak.

With my own techinical problems I've figured out my own way to solve each issue before they were able to do it for me, so fed up did I get of waiting.

When I looked up issues so general I figured they must be commonly explored on forums, every single issue I'd found posted was addressed with standard "We Care" response, but not resolved by EA. Every single issue that actually was resolved, was done so by another user who happened to have figured out a fix for the given problem.

I think the reason is that EA put no money into CS at all, meaning that the Support guys aren't necessarily idiots, but no receive no training whatsoever other than to delay and pacify, and more often than not, you know more about the problem than they do.
Davik Kang
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:18 am

I try to be polite as well, and even after I got annoyed I refrained from doing more then an insincere 'thank you' and leaving the chat. Directly, at least.

But one of my pet peaves is being told I'm wrong when its something that I'd know more about then the other person. Or in regards to someone else I care about, like when doctors tell my mum she isn't really in pain and its just an illusion. If I would be in the room when they said that, I'd probably have punched them and slammed their face into the desk repeatedly, and then informed them they aren't 'really' hurting.

Which is why I'd probably make a terrible parent, I'm overly protective.

Wow, I got off topic fast.
Andromidius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:45 am

What a nightmare. Angry

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top