Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by ElSuperGecko on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:20 pm

Topic shamelessly stolen from the BSN, because it had so much potential as a meme game.

SO HERE'S HOW WE PLAY. Start a sentence off with "Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like..." and then end it with your own comedy quote! To begin:

Isn't Synthesis a bit like solving gun crime by cutting off everyone's trigger fingers?

Isn't Synthesis a bit like ending racism by making everyone white?

Isn't Synthesis a bit like genetically-enforced communism on a galactic scale?

_________________
avatar
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Posts : 800
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Lying unconcious in a pile of rebar and rubble...

Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by BlueLogic on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:39 pm

Isn't Synthesis a bit like losing?
avatar
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Posts : 534
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 39
Location : Calibrating something in ATL, GA, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by Eryri on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:43 pm

BlueLogic wrote:Isn't Synthesis a bit like losing?

I'm not sure of the rules of this game, but I think it's safe to say you just won it. Laughing
avatar
Eryri
Phantom

Posts : 1178
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 39
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by Restrider on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:53 pm

Isn't Synthesis a bit like having a trip while drowning in sugar?
avatar
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Posts : 934
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Democratic Republic of New Germany - Phase 1 Space

Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by Rankincountry on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:14 pm

Isn't synthesis a bit like a nugget of purest green?


Last edited by Rankincountry on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not green enough. Needs more green. Lovely green. Mmmmmmm)

_________________
The black wind blows like you've never seen and your TV screen is filled with snow
And the naked truth has an unmarked grave between the waves on your radio
And war is peace and peace is war and less is more and yes is no
They want to tell you this, they want to tell you that, just hold your hat when the black wind blows

Everywhere I go I hear what's going on
And the more I hear the less I know
Everywhere I go I hear what's going on
And the more I hear the less I know

John Jones/Oysterband
avatar
Rankincountry
Nemesis

Posts : 278
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Sunny Valley Rest Home for Burnt-Out Gamers, Karpyshyn Ward

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianprice74

Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by pasza89 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:13 am

ElSuperGecko wrote:
Isn't Synthesis a bit like solving gun crime by cutting off everyone's trigger fingers?

It's not, because it doesn't solve anything. It basically changes nothing. Everyone is half-organic and half-machine, ok. So what? I still need a hammer to fix stuff. Then I will need more advanced hammer. Then I'll need an AI hammer to do the work for me. Then it will be more advanced and so on and we are in the same place where we were before "the solution" happened, except we are just half-organic.

Moreover, how does this solve any present conflict at all? I am Geth, I want this planet. I am Quarian, I want this planet. The reason of conflict wasn't anatomical difference between us, it happened, because we both wanted the same thing and didn't want to share it.

TL;DR the starkid is dumb beyond measure
avatar
pasza89
Pod Crab

Posts : 33
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 28
Location : pl

Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by Andromidius on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:18 am

ElSuperGecko wrote:
Isn't Synthesis a bit like solving gun crime by cutting off everyone's trigger fingers?

More like:

"Isn't Synthesis a bit like solving gun crime by giving everyone arm-cannons?"
avatar
Andromidius
Admin

Posts : 1153
Join date : 2013-01-07

http://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by BleedingUranium on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:08 am

pasza89 wrote:
ElSuperGecko wrote:
Isn't Synthesis a bit like solving gun crime by cutting off everyone's trigger fingers?

It's not, because it doesn't solve anything. It basically changes nothing. Everyone is half-organic and half-machine, ok. So what? I still need a hammer to fix stuff. Then I will need more advanced hammer. Then I'll need an AI hammer to do the work for me. Then it will be more advanced and so on and we are in the same place where we were before "the solution" happened, except we are just half-organic.

Moreover, how does this solve any present conflict at all? I am Geth, I want this planet. I am Quarian, I want this planet. The reason of conflict wasn't anatomical difference between us, it happened, because we both wanted the same thing and didn't want to share it.

TL;DR the starkid is dumb beyond measure

Indeed.
avatar
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Posts : 1921
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 25
Location : BC, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by BlueLogic on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:40 am

ElSuperGecko wrote:Isn't Synthesis a bit like ending racism by making everyone white?

This made me laugh hard. Funny because it's exactly right.

Eryri wrote:
BlueLogic wrote:Isn't Synthesis a bit like losing?

I'm not sure of the rules of this game, but I think it's safe to say you just won it. Laughing

Awesome :)

v0.0)>o *accepts cookie*
avatar
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Posts : 534
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 39
Location : Calibrating something in ATL, GA, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by Terramine on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:02 am

pasza89 wrote:
ElSuperGecko wrote:
Isn't Synthesis a bit like solving gun crime by cutting off everyone's trigger fingers?

It's not, because it doesn't solve anything. It basically changes nothing. Everyone is half-organic and half-machine, ok. So what? I still need a hammer to fix stuff. Then I will need more advanced hammer. Then I'll need an AI hammer to do the work for me. Then it will be more advanced and so on and we are in the same place where we were before "the solution" happened, except we are just half-organic.

Moreover, how does this solve any present conflict at all? I am Geth, I want this planet. I am Quarian, I want this planet. The reason of conflict wasn't anatomical difference between us, it happened, because we both wanted the same thing and didn't want to share it.

TL;DR the starkid is dumb beyond measure
Your point makes no sense... cutting off people's trigger fingers doesn't solve gun crime either. Synthesis is like solving gun crime by cutting off everyone's trigger fingers BECAUSE it doesn't solve the problem. In fact both of them not only don't solve the problem, they actually do worse things than simply doing nothing.

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2469
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by richie21 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:20 am

Isn't synthsis a bit like... Saren winning in ME1? lol.
avatar
richie21
Pyjak

Posts : 22
Join date : 2013-01-22
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by umadcommander on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:57 pm

Rankincountry wrote:Isn't synthesis a bit like a nugget of purest green?
thats brilliant Laughing

_________________
avatar
umadcommander
Rachni Brood Warrior

Posts : 431
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 21
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by ElSuperGecko on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:18 pm

IronicParticle wrote:Your point makes no sense... cutting off people's trigger fingers doesn't solve gun crime either. Synthesis is like solving gun crime by cutting off everyone's trigger fingers BECAUSE it doesn't solve the problem. In fact both of them not only don't solve the problem, they actually do worse things than simply doing nothing.

I like this human! He understands! Laughing

_________________
avatar
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Posts : 800
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Lying unconcious in a pile of rebar and rubble...

Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by pasza89 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:28 pm

IronicParticle wrote:
pasza89 wrote:
ElSuperGecko wrote:
Isn't Synthesis a bit like solving gun crime by cutting off everyone's trigger fingers?

It's not, because it doesn't solve anything. It basically changes nothing. Everyone is half-organic and half-machine, ok. So what? I still need a hammer to fix stuff. Then I will need more advanced hammer. Then I'll need an AI hammer to do the work for me. Then it will be more advanced and so on and we are in the same place where we were before "the solution" happened, except we are just half-organic.

Moreover, how does this solve any present conflict at all? I am Geth, I want this planet. I am Quarian, I want this planet. The reason of conflict wasn't anatomical difference between us, it happened, because we both wanted the same thing and didn't want to share it.

TL;DR the starkid is dumb beyond measure
Your point makes no sense... cutting off people's trigger fingers doesn't solve gun crime either. Synthesis is like solving gun crime by cutting off everyone's trigger fingers BECAUSE it doesn't solve the problem. In fact both of them not only don't solve the problem, they actually do worse things than simply doing nothing.

I must have misread that as something, sorry, you are right, lol.
avatar
pasza89
Pod Crab

Posts : 33
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 28
Location : pl

Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:36 am

Isn't synthesis a bit like appeasing the Reapers for the sake of survival?

...*crickets*

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:39 pm

Isn't synthesis a bit like giving everyone aids, so we can all have sex without condoms?

_________________
"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
avatar
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Posts : 2960
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Probing Uranus

Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by Eryri on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:27 pm

Isn't synthesis a bit like watching the ME Franchise jump over a whole ocean full of cyborg sharks, with frickin' lasers built into their heads?
avatar
Eryri
Phantom

Posts : 1178
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 39
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by ElSuperGecko on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:38 pm

Isn't Synthesis a bit like banning constructive discussion from an internet forum while letting the trolls roam wild and free?

_________________
avatar
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Posts : 800
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Lying unconcious in a pile of rebar and rubble...

Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by ElSuperGecko on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:44 pm

ISN'T SYNTHESIS A BIT LIKE.... sneaking up behind someone on the subway, jabbing them with a syringe, then not telling them what was in it, what it will do or what the long term effects will be, while offering them no medical credentials whatsoever and telling them that it will save them from dying of smallpox?

_________________
avatar
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Posts : 800
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Lying unconcious in a pile of rebar and rubble...

Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by Lombus on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:05 am

Isn't Synthesis a bit like making the perfect soup by mixing all the known soups together. The strength of all and the weakness of neither.

_________________
Mass Effect: Strength through diversity.  And victory through unity.

"In our darkest moments, when life flashes before us, we find something. Something that keeps us going. Something that pushes us. When all seemed lost, I found a truth. And I knew what I must become. "
cat Hell Cat  cat
avatar
Lombus
Adjutant

Posts : 559
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 25
Location : Portugal

Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by ElSuperGecko on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:24 am

Lombus wrote:Isn't Synthesis a bit like making the perfect soup by mixing all the known soups together. The strength of all and the weakness of neither.

Laughing

"...the taste of tomato... the colour of oxtail!"

...also very apt, considering what we know about how the Reapers are created...

_________________
avatar
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Posts : 800
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Lying unconcious in a pile of rebar and rubble...

Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by Lombus on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:05 am

ElSuperGecko wrote:
Lombus wrote:Isn't Synthesis a bit like making the perfect soup by mixing all the known soups together. The strength of all and the weakness of neither.

Laughing

"...the taste of tomato... the colour of oxtail!"

...also very apt, considering what we know about how the Reapers are created...
lol! didn't thought anyone would notice that detail.

_________________
Mass Effect: Strength through diversity.  And victory through unity.

"In our darkest moments, when life flashes before us, we find something. Something that keeps us going. Something that pushes us. When all seemed lost, I found a truth. And I knew what I must become. "
cat Hell Cat  cat
avatar
Lombus
Adjutant

Posts : 559
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 25
Location : Portugal

Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by Restrider on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:18 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Isn't synthesis a bit like giving everyone aids, so we can all have sex without condoms?
Believe it or not, there are people who actually infect themselves intentionally to be able to fuck around with others also having AIDS without the need to use condoms.
Unsurprisingly these individuals fail to understand that there are different types of HIV/AIDS viruses and having several types makes a proper treatment of AIDS exponentially more difficult.
Of course these people excel as good candidates for the Darwin Awards.
avatar
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Posts : 934
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Democratic Republic of New Germany - Phase 1 Space

Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by Lombus on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:20 pm

Restrider wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:Isn't synthesis a bit like giving everyone aids, so we can all have sex without condoms?
Believe it or not, there are people who actually infect themselves intentionally to be able to fuck around with others also having AIDS without the need to use condoms.
Unsurprisingly these individuals fail to understand that there are different types of HIV/AIDS viruses and having several types makes a proper treatment of AIDS exponentially more difficult.
Of course these people excel as good candidates for the Darwin Awards.
Wow the wonders of the human mind never cease to amaze me Wat that's one of the stupidest things I ever heard.


Last edited by Lombus on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Mass Effect: Strength through diversity.  And victory through unity.

"In our darkest moments, when life flashes before us, we find something. Something that keeps us going. Something that pushes us. When all seemed lost, I found a truth. And I knew what I must become. "
cat Hell Cat  cat
avatar
Lombus
Adjutant

Posts : 559
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 25
Location : Portugal

Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by BlueLogic on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:59 pm

Isn't Synthesis a bit like forgetting everything that happened before ten minutes ago?


Synthesis is working for this guy.

_________________
Prelate and Apostle of the Church of Refuse
avatar
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Posts : 534
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 39
Location : Calibrating something in ATL, GA, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Synthesis A Bit Like... THE GAME!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum