The Dragon Age Thread

Page 5 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 33  Next

Go down

Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by Byne on Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:41 am

DSharrah wrote:
And to be honest with you...if there isn't at least some indirect involvement with both the Warden and the Champion in Inquisition than I will be disappointed.

I think they said the Warden's story is over, but they said a lot of things that were lies, so who knows. As for Hawke, starting a world war and then disappearing forever seems like a very Hawke thing to do.

I think the hardest part of having the warden come back is that they would need different VAs for different origins. A dalish elf warden isnt going to sound like a human warden, or even a City Elf warden. I know its possible since games like Saints Row 3 have 7 entirely different voices you can choose for the protagonist, but the question is whether Bioware thinks its worth the effort. Looking at how little effort they put into DA2, I dont really see it happening.

Top.

Threadmaster™

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:38 am

How many of you guys have read the books? I have read all three but have missed the comics, as my disposable income is rather limited. As Renfro said, Gaider likes to establish plots and write based on those, where the player decisions are 'alternate' timelines, and I am okay with that if it keeps us from having another ME3 ending debacle.

In the last novel I read, Wynne was alive and working with another DAO character, and from what I've gathered, the resurrection of the various characters has an in universe explaination coming.

Off the specific topic, can we get a Dragon Age sub-Forum specificly? So we can discuss all things DA related?
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by lex0r on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:57 am

CSSteele wrote:

[...]

Off the specific topic, can we get a Dragon Age sub-Forum specificly? So we can discuss all things DA related?

Couldn't hurt I guess. I'll let the others know.

edit
There. Now off you go, fill the new forum with new stuff!
lex0r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Byne wrote:
DSharrah wrote:
And to be honest with you...if there isn't at least some indirect involvement with both the Warden and the Champion in Inquisition than I will be disappointed.

I think they said the Warden's story is over, but they said a lot of things that were lies, so who knows. As for Hawke, starting a world war and then disappearing forever seems like a very Hawke thing to do.

I think the hardest part of having the warden come back is that they would need different VAs for different origins. A dalish elf warden isnt going to sound like a human warden, or even a City Elf warden. I know its possible since games like Saints Row 3 have 7 entirely different voices you can choose for the protagonist, but the question is whether Bioware thinks its worth the effort. Looking at how little effort they put into DA2, I dont really see it happening.

Top.

I get that about the warden...I would hope that they could find some in universe reason to make it work...maybe it is as simple as having the Warden succumbing to the call nd have the "voice" altered b/c of that?

As for Hawke just disappearing I get that too...but that's why I said at least indirect involvement. Perhaps having the Inquisitor picking up where Casandra left off...now knowing the story behind Hawke, we follow the trail through the world "cleaning up messes" along the way in hopes that by eventually finding Hawke (and cleaning up these messes) it will resolve the conflict?

"Does that mean it will kill your smug ass too?"

DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:10 am

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:19 am

WHY!? That is NOT enchanting at ALL!
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Norlond on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:09 pm

Mike Laidlaw wrote:For the record, yes, I was the guy who said we were human-only for the Inquisitor. At the time, it was true. NO LONGER. #woo
- Source
Mark Darrah wrote:To get ahead of this: We always intended to bring races back just not always in #DAI. Glad to say that we changed that...
- Source

GameInformer Article

https://www.youtube.com/user/Skyzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere on Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:03 am

As much as I am trying to not get hyped up, DA:I is looking really good so far. Perhaps most importantly it seems to be getting the time it needs to be properly finished as opposed to DA2.

Also Varric is back Smile 

N7

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:55 pm

If they let me do a three dwarf teamup (Varric, Oghren, Dwarven Inquisitor), then the party is on.
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:58 am

Watching the video in that link...hard not to get excited about DA:I...makes me want to finish up the DA:O play through I started awhile ago (and maybe even play a little bit of DAII, but I shouldn't get ahead of myself)!

DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Norlond on Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:42 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:50 am

Thanks for posting the video...its a good watch. Some interesting stuff in there...I thought the discussion about what the dev team was using as "canon" was interesting...I find that it is interesting that in DA II the chosen canon was a female dalish elf as warden - but for DA:I they have switched it up to the male dalish elf as warden...makes me want to revisit my playthrough with that origin. Kinda of want to get my hands on that issue of GameInformer!

DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Wait, did Morrigan actually end up in "red velvet with gold embroidery" "cut low in the front"?
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:09 am

With the GameInformer issue on the horizon...what are the expectations of what Bioware will show of DA:I at Gamescom?

DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Norlond on Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:36 pm

The important people all go to PAX, not gamescom, so I don't expect anything

Also, Jenny Hepler left Bioware :(
She wrote most of the dwarven NPCs in Orzammar, the Dwarf Commoner Origin, the Anvil of the Void quest line, Anders (DA2), Bethany, Leandra, Elthina, Cullen, Sebastian and Legacy

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Sounds like she was the best writer on DA2 then. Apart from Sebastian.
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:06 am

Minor spoilers from Dragon Age: Awakening and Dragon Age 2: Legacy follow. Surely we've all played it by now, but hey...

Spoiler:
I must say, replaying Dragon Age: Awakening after having played DA2: Legacy is a bit of an eye opening experience.  Assuming the Architect is essentially the same as Corypheus, then Utha and Seranni (the silent sister and Velanna's sister, resp.) are both tainted ghouls under the Architect's thrall.  What's worse, the reason you can't rescue Seranni is seemingly because it allows the Architect to possess her in the event the Warden slays his current body.  In other words, the Architect can live on no matter your decisions in Awakening, much like Corypheus in Legacy.

And IIRC, Velanna disappears in every epilogue, either outright or from chasing after her tainted sister.  I'd be willing to bet that if the Architect shows up again, Velanna will be with him in one form or another.
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:33 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:Minor spoilers from Dragon Age: Awakening and Dragon Age 2: Legacy follow.  Surely we've all played it by now, but hey...

Spoiler:
I must say, replaying Dragon Age: Awakening after having played DA2: Legacy is a bit of an eye opening experience.  Assuming the Architect is essentially the same as Corypheus, then Utha and Seranni (the silent sister and Velanna's sister, resp.) are both tainted ghouls under the Architect's thrall.  What's worse, the reason you can't rescue Seranni is seemingly because it allows the Architect to possess her in the event the Warden slays his current body.  In other words, the Architect can live on no matter your decisions in Awakening, much like Corypheus in Legacy.

And IIRC, Velanna disappears in every epilogue, either outright or from chasing after her tainted sister.  I'd be willing to bet that if the Architect shows up again, Velanna will be with him in one form or another.
Spoiler:
What amazes me is that there's still people who don't think the Architect is a corrupted magister. What is this I don't even

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Steelcan on Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:04 pm

I want a resurgent Tevinter in DA:I for the lulz

Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:26 pm

Having just replayed Witch Hunt, I have to wonder if the foreshadowing hints in that DLC weren't more for DA:I than for DA2. There were several entries on the Seekers that never really panned out in DA2. The tevintor statue also foretold some kind of prison break from the Fade (or beyond) when the veil of the Tower of Magi's storeroom was mysteriously torn up here there and everywhere.

I would postulate that the writers were hinting at long term plans, some of which were meant to be in DA2 but never panned out.
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Steelcan on Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:09 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:
I would postulate that the writers were hinting at long term plans, some of which were meant to be in DA2 but never panned out.
A lot in DA2 didn't pan out
Steelcan
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:51 pm

Steelcan wrote:
ZerebusPrime wrote:
I think that people don't give DA II the credit it deserves...if you look beyond how the game looked and played, and you look at the lore, there was alot of great things in DA II.  I wouldn't be surprised if you are right...I think that they always knew that they wanted to take the universe to a place that would have Thedas in conflict over Mages.  And not just because of the current climate of the world, but because it is such a great example of being "doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past"...and in a way, it allows players to "play and expierence" the conflict b/w the Chantry and Mages that creates such a huge part of the background of Thedas w/o having to do a "prequel".

DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:33 pm

DSharrah wrote:
Steelcan wrote:
ZerebusPrime wrote:
I think that people don't give DA II the credit it deserves...if you look beyond how the game looked and played, and you look at the lore, there was alot of great things in DA II.  I wouldn't be surprised if you are right...I think that they always knew that they wanted to take the universe to a place that would have Thedas in conflict over Mages.  And not just because of the current climate of the world, but because it is such a great example of being "doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past"...and in a way, it allows players to "play and expierence" the conflict b/w the Chantry and Mages that creates such a huge part of the background of Thedas w/o having to do a "prequel".
Ahh yes, the lore.  Where mages can't simply "teleport" because magic doesn't work that way.  But they learned to cast spells that turn them invisible and let them run to a new destination at the speed of light where they appear at the same time they disappeared elsewhere.  Where a booming metropolis (by medieval standards) doesn't notice they're living in a portal to Hell, complete with demons living under the cracks in the sidewalks.  Where a man discovers the secret to the black powder, the most closely guarded secret in the world, and no one even asks how he learned it because the rest of the plot is too much of a clusterfuck to bother with something that's at least potentially explainable.  Where the majority of the story requires everyone involved to be functionally retarded to work.

Indeed, let us not look past the lore.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Steelcan on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:46 pm

I am disturbed by the amount of threads on BSN asking for qunari romances...

Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 33  Next