Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Chris Priestly Thread

+12
BlueLogic
Asari tears
DoomsdayDevice
lex0r
Rifneno
Andromidius
spotlessvoid
RavenEyry
Fur28
windsurfing
Hanako Ikezawa
Davik Kang
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Chris Priestly Thread Empty The Chris Priestly Thread

Post by Davik Kang Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:03 am

Seeing as the lad Chris Priestly set off this whole new expedition into unchartered waters of Teh Internets, I thought we should dedicate a thread to this monumentous occasion, and of course more importantly to collect all our well-considered thoughts on the actions that led to this current merry state of affairs. (Perhaps they'll be less prevalent in other threads)

We can call this year 1AC, for "After Chris", and draw intricate paintings on the walls of internet domains to be discovered in thousands of years to come.

I'll kick off this thread in the most controversial way possible by suggesting that he didn't actually do much wrong, that he basically closed a BSN thread that served no purpose other than to provide chat room space for a relatively small group of posters which had the overall effect of enclosing rather than enlarging discussion, that he had been used as a defensive shield for ITers ever since he kindly posted in an early thread that IT is a valid interpretation and its discussion was a desired contributory part of the forum, and that the backlash is more to do with the fact that BSN on the whole is an angry place full of extremely childish people who have nothing better to do with their lives than to repeat on a daily basis ad nauseum how bad the ending to ME3 really was.

Discuss!

[Off to bed now, interested to see how many posts are made before Aryan slams the lock hammer down firmly on this largely pointless but potentially entertaing, perhaps even heartwarming - or heart wrenching - but more likely stomach churning - thread.]
Davik Kang
Davik Kang
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

The Chris Priestly Thread Empty Re: The Chris Priestly Thread

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:05 am

This is not going to go well. *activates Greed's Ultimate Shield*
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:19 am

Ya know, CP might be under orders to serve the purpose of "all publicity is good publicity"

Isolate the IT community/content and the people will take notice, speculation rises, not go down. Herpes-gang doesn't seem to get this, they are infact helping the rise of speculation by engaging in relentless IT topic attacks.

I can see the big honchos at Bioware laughing the butts off at those degenerates.

I am though convinced either way he is under orders.

Plus CP is going to be flattered by this thread, no seriously. Laughing

windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:21 am

Even if CP was under orders he could have acted less dickish against ITers and moderare the trolls atacking us.

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:49 am

Fur28 wrote:Even if CP was under orders he could have acted less dickish against ITers and moderare the trolls atacking us.

Agreed, but if I.T proves true.......

ROFLMAO I cant imagine how the trolls will feel like sticking it right through their hearts for all the trolling they did till now. I cant see any egos surviving that!. Atleast we can go on with how things are, as it is never explained and left open. Nothing really changes for people like us. But for them.....oh this bottle of rat poison looks soooo inviting.
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:55 am

I didn't have a problem with him locking the thread in principle, it was his manner that was the problem. And then following it up by locking any thread that can in any way be related to IT, even if it was the twat hankies that brought the topic up.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:04 am

You lock one IT thread you have to lock all of them, no other way. Sure the trolls are coming in there to pick on the topic and get it closed.

I also fully agree he can atleast ban the trolls out for good but he is 'Evil Priestly', who knows if this is all intentional knowing full well the trolls are in for a bad awakening? His twisted way of imparting justice perhaps?. Certainly is more insulting than getting banned.

I don't know.

Last edited by windsurfing on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by spotlessvoid Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:05 am

I'll say this much, Bioware's lack of discussion worthy content recently was more to blame for off topic discussion than anything else.

A warning against further off topic discussion in the next thread, backed by bans, would have solved that problem. But that might have required a combined 20 minutes of work for Mr Priestly.

IT discussion isn't allowed anywhere on the forums at this point. That's a good thing?

And seriously. It's the Bioware Social Network. Exactly what harm was the IT thread causing? Letting fans who vigorously defend your product mix in idle chat with speculation while they wait on future content is just so horrible right? IT would have gotten it's vindication or died a natural death in a couple months.

The face value view of what CP did was lazy, shitheaded

spotlessvoid
spotlessvoid
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:21 am

windsurfing wrote:You lock one IT thread you have to lock all of them, no other way. Sure the trolls are coming in there to pick on the topic and get it closed.
Most of the locked threads aren't IT threads though. They're threads on any number of topics that HH and co pop into and go "Did someone say IT :trollface:" and then it gets locked for turning into an IT thread. If he banned the instigators then he wouldn't have to keep locking every other thread.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:34 am

RavenEyry wrote:
Most of the locked threads aren't IT threads though. They're threads on any number of topics that HH and co pop into and go "Did someone say IT :trollface:" and then it gets locked for turning into an IT thread. If he banned the instigators then he wouldn't have to keep locking every other thread.

I see, that certainly doesn't help CP's case then. But if he knows whats coming then it puts things into perspective and it would be that he also knows whats going to happen to these trolls. That's an unorthodox tactic but doesn't help his image.

He better make sure he is paid well by Bioware for being this proxy villain.

Say, why don't some of us just engage in a little fun and games? Go into their threads started by them and interject some I.T into it, get those closed as well Laughing Get a rise out of them for a change. Two can play the game ya know.

Just kidding, we are gaining a lot of sympathetic support right now.
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:56 am

Vehemently disagree. His actions were uncalled for, and essentially turned the BSN forums into an utter shithole.

He deserves all the abuse he gets. He seems to revel in the concept of being 'evil', so the prick should get what comes with being evil - being hated and spat at.

He's awful at his job. End of story.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:02 pm

This thread sucks, and Fat Albert's defenders suck. Yes, posters who think Priestly is being judged unfairly. I'm talking about you. You suck.

Take off the tinfoil hats and whatever you put on that's restriction oxygen to your brains. THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY. TUBBY IS NOT UNDER SOME SEKRET ANTI-IT ORDERS. He's just a gigantic, Jupiter-sized asshole. Is that really so hard to understand? It seems simple. You ever hear that famous Freud saying, "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar?" Well sometimes a cock is just a cock, and Priestly is just a cock. He closes lots of threads unfairly. IT IS NOT UNIQUE. He went nuclear on the entire Characters & Romance forum because he was too lazy to do his job and moderate. That's all this is. Let me tell you, if he was really trying to the lid on IT because of an upcoming reveal, HH and Sevial would've been permabanned about 5 minutes in. Whether through ignorant hate or not, they're creating as much press for IT as any of us have ever done. But they're still there, puking their anti-IT nonsense in every thread they can slither into.

In closing, I pose this question. An apatosaurus (also known, incorrectly, as a brontosaurus) is theorized to have multiple hearts to deal with the sheer size of its body. One has to wonder how Priestly gets by without a single one.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:22 pm

Rifneno wrote:

In closing, I pose this question. An apatosaurus (also known, incorrectly, as a brontosaurus) is theorized to have multiple hearts to deal with the sheer size of its body. One has to wonder how Priestly gets by without a single one.
He steals spares from orphans and has them implanted.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:10 pm

Rifneno wrote:This thread sucks, and Fat Albert's defenders suck. Yes, posters who think Priestly is being judged unfairly. I'm talking about you. You suck.

Take off the tinfoil hats and whatever you put on that's restriction oxygen to your brains. THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY. TUBBY IS NOT UNDER SOME SEKRET ANTI-IT ORDERS. He's just a gigantic, Jupiter-sized asshole. Is that really so hard to understand? It seems simple. You ever hear that famous Freud saying, "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar?" Well sometimes a cock is just a cock, and Priestly is just a cock. He closes lots of threads unfairly. IT IS NOT UNIQUE. He went nuclear on the entire Characters & Romance forum because he was too lazy to do his job and moderate. That's all this is. Let me tell you, if he was really trying to the lid on IT because of an upcoming reveal, HH and Sevial would've been permabanned about 5 minutes in. Whether through ignorant hate or not, they're creating as much press for IT as any of us have ever done. But they're still there, puking their anti-IT nonsense in every thread they can slither into.

The difference is Rifneno, not everyone is sure of CP's motives or if he is under orders, I am though sure he is under orders but I got no proof just a theory.

You are under the belief he is not, fair enough but thats also no different to the way I am sure of him being under orders, no proof with you either. And in spite of that if you think those who don't share your view 'suck', then by that logic you 'suck' just as much.

One thing we can all agree on is CP's is not doing himself any favors. Dunno about others but am more interested in the motives not if he is guilty or he is being a dick.
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:13 pm

Why does anyone think he's acting on orders? Seriously why? That wouldn't make any sense at all.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:16 pm

RavenEyry wrote:Why does anyone think he's acting on orders? Seriously why? That wouldn't make any sense at all.

Because that's how PR people work, PR people get their marching orders from higher management. He is part of PR after all isn't?

PR are not autonomous superpowers in any company.

windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:18 pm

windsurfing wrote:
The difference is Rifneno, not everyone is sure of CP's motives or if he is under orders, I am though sure he is under orders but I got no proof just a theory.

You are under the belief he is not, fair enough but thats also no different to the way I am sure of him being under orders, no proof with you either. And in spite of that if you think those who don't share your view 'suck', then by that logic you 'suck' just as much.

One thing we can all agree on is CP's is not doing himself any favors. Dunno about others but am more interested in the motives not if he is guilty or he is being a dick.

Not every theory deserves respect. Your theory is like scientology. Not only is there no decent evidence backing it, there's contradictory evidence. Believe in nonsense all you want, but when your nonsense is trying to excuse someone that's basically attacking the IT community, expect to get flak for continually handwaving his douchebaggery.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:18 pm

PR was ordered to crack down on fans and let trolls run rampant? Again, that makes no sense whatsoever.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:30 pm

Rifneno wrote:
Not every theory deserves respect. Your theory is like scientology. Not only is there no decent evidence backing it, there's contradictory evidence. Believe in nonsense all you want, but when your nonsense is trying to excuse someone that's basically attacking the IT community, expect to get flak for continually handwaving his douchebaggery.

My theory has no proof I already said as much but How about some proof of your claims? Good luck with that, you wont be able to do it. So its no different. So if you cant do that then your claims are nothing better than your average pointless witch hunts.
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:58 pm

RavenEyry wrote:PR was ordered to crack down on fans and let trolls run rampant? Again, that makes no sense whatsoever.

Your point is valid. Maybe I can try something.

I'll just try to get the word from the guy himself.

I am not holding my breath for a response though but in any case I shall put it to him without any sarcasm or indirect jibes. Lets see if he talks in regard to these trolls.
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by lex0r Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:23 pm

PRIESTLYYYYYY!

The Chris Priestly Thread Diablo-rage,L-X-337749-3

This guy is awesome btw.
lex0r
lex0r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:58 pm

That's not him right? Doesn't look like him in this shot.
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:19 pm

I'll say what I said elsewhere.

We are Bioware's strongest supporters. We are the ones who believe they could actually be geniuses for the stunt they pulled with the ending.

We had the only thread that was actually really productive, in terms of investigating and analysing every aspect of the game. We had the only thread that wasn't chock full of mindless Bioware bashing and ending hate.

The fact that we had little to discuss and went off-topic a lot simply means people should have been warned.

Simply outlawing any type of IT discussion on the main story forums is not solving that problem, it is nuking IT into oblivion. It is giving the middle finger to Bioware's most loyal fans.

And Priestly's explanation of "separate but equal" is total bullshit, because if IT was supposed to be equal, we would be allowed to have IT discussions on the story forum, where it belongs.

EDIT: Removed cranky lingo. Sorry about that. Posted before coffee. :stick:

Last edited by DoomsdayDevice on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Asari tears Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:10 pm

wow there's a lot of hate in here.

I personally think it was a good thing in retrospect because it's allowed everyone to become of such a better and broader community on this site.

Also, I would never take anything someone does as a job and start attacking them personally. That's extremely immature and anyone doing that should be ashamed of themselves.

*flameshield on*
Asari tears
Asari tears
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:11 pm

Byne's thread was the single busiest (and I'd argue, most productive) on the site by far, outclassing the rest by leaps and bounds. It served as THE central hub for any information regarding IT, a theory which in essence suggests the writers for the game are better than we'd first been led to believe. In fact, they are better than anyone could have anticipated. Developers should love to have such a "problem" on the discussion boards for their games.

Then, along comes CP, who unceremoniously flushes the whole thing down the toilet (discussion groups being the sewage system in this metaphor). I forget his exact words now, but to my mind he likened his action to removing a nuisance; One that he should have been rid of sooner.

What he did was foolish from a PR standpoint. He did it in a ham-fisted nose-thumbing bird-shooting fashion that served no purpose but to anger those he was already inconveniencing. And for what? Did it make his job easier? Sure. If that's the bar, then why not shut the whole BSN down and he can spend all day...wait, I just thought of a new forum game.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next