The Chris Priestly Thread

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Chris Priestly Thread

Post by RavenEyry on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:14 pm

Asari tears wrote:
Also, I would never take anything someone does as a job and start attacking them personally. That's extremely immature and anyone doing that should be ashamed of themselves.

*flameshield on*
It's not doing his job that's the problem for me, it's being an arse bout it. The other active mods never act smug and superior when locking threads.
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:31 pm

I haven't attacked Priestly for it.

I just think it's a total dick move.

This place is better than what we had though, I'm with Jade on that.

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Davik Kang on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:40 pm

spotlessvoid wrote: I'll say this much, Bioware's lack of discussion worthy content recently was more to blame for off topic discussion than anything else.

And seriously. It's the Bioware Social Network. Exactly what harm was the IT thread causing? Letting fans who vigorously defend your product mix in idle chat with speculation while they wait on future content is just so horrible right? IT would have gotten it's vindication or died a natural death in a couple months.
It's true they haven't given anyone much to talk about, hence the recycled threads saying the same things and ultimately saying, and discussing, nothing at all.

It was also slightly surprising to see the thread closed after being open for such a long time. Perhaps they got a whole bunch of complaints? I don't know. Maybe it's more that IT is a popular subject drawing people from around the world to the BSN, but people browsing the forum would see friendly chit-chat and random bitching... though I must admit, a random persusal of random IT thread pages was almost exclusively filled with IT-related discussion, even after all this time.

Andromidius wrote:Vehemently disagree. His actions were uncalled for, and essentially turned the BSN forums into an utter shithole.
CP isn't responsible for BSN being a shithole. The current swathe of "fans" who constantly attack each other and the Bioware/EA guys who made their games for them are constantly digging around and turning up more shit. Who's fault is that? Maybe the internet, maybe the truly lame nature of most human souls, maybe the writers for making a story that the masses just don't understand... I don't know. Not CP though.

The IT thread did dominate the boards and was one of the few useful and interesting discussion areas, and the ONLY such discussion area to persist since ME3's release... but maybe they figured that closing the IT thread would allow useful discussion to permeate elsewhere in the boards. The sheer volume of trolls means, of course, that this won't work, but maybe that's what they thoguht.

Rifneno wrote:This thread sucks, and Fat Albert's defenders suck. Yes, posters who think Priestly is being judged unfairly. I'm talking about you. You suck.
...etc.
Well ok then, but I didn't actually propose any kind of tinfoil conspiracy. I just said that maybe what CP did wasn't so bad, in which case it really makes no difference whether it was under orders or not. I'm not saying that he made the right choice, but what he actually did was:

- close your thread

- make a post saying that the thread only has a small number of vocal people (I guess he meant relative to its size and influence)

IMO he made the wrong choice, he f'd up, but it's a stretch to be quite so angry as people are now.

And honestly I actually prefer this place away from the trolls.
Davik Kang
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:37 pm

Yo mama may be so fat that her belt size is equator, but Chris Priestly's so fat that his belt size is accretion disk.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:44 pm

Accretion disk LOL. How appropriate.

Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane on Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 am

I hate the man. He's a vile, putrid stain on the planet. He's treated customers with contempt, and lied to thousands. He condones evil like it's some kind of positive life choice and can't handle criticism.

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:58 am

CoolioThane wrote:I hate the man. He's a vile, putrid stain on the planet. He's treated customers with contempt, and lied to thousands. He condones evil like it's some kind of positive life choice and can't handle criticism.
in other words he's a complete and utter twat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:59 am

dork wrote:
CoolioThane wrote:I hate the man. He's a vile, putrid stain on the planet. He's treated customers with contempt, and lied to thousands. He condones evil like it's some kind of positive life choice and can't handle criticism.
in other words he's a complete and utter twat.

Twats have a use; the only use for CP is measuring the rate that fungus grows.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:01 pm

CP.   Tarrasque or Greater Tarrasque?  You be the judge.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Steelcan on Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:37 pm

Yeah this thread is about what I thought it would be.

Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:21 pm

Steelcan wrote:Yeah this thread is about what I thought it would be.

You thought it'd be a 7 month old thread made by people under the glorious delusion that CP was acting on orders from higher up to put IT under wraps because of a reveal in the next DLC (Citadel), which I recently resurrected for the sole purpose of making an accretion disk joke?

...  What an odd guess.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Steelcan on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:49 pm

Rifneno wrote:
Steelcan wrote:Yeah this thread is about what I thought it would be.

You thought it'd be a 7 month old thread made by people under the glorious delusion that CP was acting on orders from higher up to put IT under wraps because of a reveal in the next DLC (Citadel), which I recently resurrected for the sole purpose of making an accretion disk joke?

...  What an odd guess.
Its the Reaper implants
Steelcan
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norlond on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:10 am

got bored

http://www.youtube.com/user/Skyzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content