Wrex on the Citadel DLC?

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Wrex on the Citadel DLC?

Post by Andromidius on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:57 pm

Might be a shoutout to that series. But it does bare some similarity in themes, and fits with the teasing comments on twitter about suggesting sci-fi movies with massive brainscrew plottwists.
Andromidius
Admin

http://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Humakt on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:13 pm

Kind of stretching but one of the Silversun's cover songs:

http://www.lyrics.com/you-made-me-realise-lyrics-my-bloody-valentine.html

Nightmare

http://www.celestialheavens.com/thundermaps/

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:52 pm

Humakt83 wrote:"Many Silversun episodes revolved around the relationships and issues experienced by the young crew as part of adolescence. Some episodes dealt with issues of ethics and choices unique to science fiction, such as the question of whether the commander's clone should be treated as human or not, the unique human problems encountered by a crew on a lifelong voyage to the stars, and an encounter with a pulsar whose pulse cycle is in phase with the brainwaves of the crewmember Pancha, to her detriment."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silversun

" the infection of Commander Cyriax by an alien parasite, his subsequent cure through the use of a harvest clone of him discovered in suspension among the settler pods, and the clone's accidental awakening to full consciousness. The final episode ended in a cliffhanger."

Wow...

But I'm sure it's all just coincidence! [/reductionist mode]

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:47 pm

Hey guys, I think I figured it out! This screenshot is of a fake "afterlife" Citadel that Shepard will go to during the indoctrination attempt if he didn't get the Breath Scene! It fits! Kaidan and Wrex are dead in a typical default ManShep, which is always what is shown during the previews, and Emily Wong is always dead!

Best emoticon ever.  Of all time: Dwail\'s Garrus 

Decision Chamber Hallucination Theory
RWBY/KS Crossover
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by lex0r on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:51 pm

Dwaling wrote:Hey guys, I think I figured it out! This screenshot is of a fake "afterlife" Citadel that Shepard will go to during the indoctrination attempt if he didn't get the Breath Scene! It fits! Kaidan and Wrex are dead in a typical default ManShep, which is always what is shown during the previews, and Emily Wong is always dead!

lex0r11 wrote:Wait a second..

It is Shepard's own "Purgatory"! Shepard has to go through hell and fucked up illusions before breaking free.

How many Squadmates will be supposedly killed by your own hand? Or just the LI?

hihihihi
lex0r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:53 pm

Sounds pretty cool.
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by Rankincountry on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:56 pm

lex0r11 wrote:
Dwaling wrote:Hey guys, I think I figured it out! This screenshot is of a fake "afterlife" Citadel that Shepard will go to during the indoctrination attempt if he didn't get the Breath Scene! It fits! Kaidan and Wrex are dead in a typical default ManShep, which is always what is shown during the previews, and Emily Wong is always dead!

lex0r11 wrote:Wait a second..

It is Shepard's own "Purgatory"! Shepard has to go through hell and fucked up illusions before breaking free.

How many Squadmates will be supposedly killed by your own hand? Or just the LI?

hihihihi

Wow. I would absolutely love for this to be true. And presumably the decision chamber choice will affect what happens. Perhaps there'll even be a Neverwinter Nights style fake ending where Shep thinks he's awake but actually has accepted the dream.

They want to tell you this, they want to tell you that, just hold your hat when the black wind blows

Everywhere I go I hear what's going on
And the more I hear the less I know
Everywhere I go I hear what's going on
And the more I hear the less I know

John Jones/Oysterband
Rankincountry
Nemesis

Location : Sunny Valley Rest Home for Burnt-Out Gamers, Karpyshyn Ward

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianprice74

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:19 pm

Uh. /headexplodes

That would actually make some sense. We should try and work out who all those people might be, and if they are dead.
Andromidius
Admin

http://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:22 pm

heaven?

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:34 pm

omg exciting. Why use Wrex, if Default Shep has Wrex dead? Interesante

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stargate1990 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:07 pm

if it is a hallucination or whatever were you see your dead friends im going to be very lonely except for the people who have to die through a trilogy playthrough ofcourse, on my cannon play through anyway ;) lol

Destroying the Reapers is the only choice, give them no leeway

PSN ID:istandalone1990@hotmail.co.uk (i don't have ME3 on here but feel free to add me as a friend)
stargate1990
LOKI

Location : Bored stuck under rubble waiting for Bioware to fix it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:40 pm

Can't wait to see Legion, Ashley, Mordin, and Thane then. Haha.

(I don't like characters dying when I can avoid it, except for Mordin)

(Yes, this is how the Reapers first tricked me into Synthesis -_-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:45 pm

Well, if this scrennshot does represent a form of "purgatory" within Shep's mind, and the characters we lost represent Shepard's guilt, then maybe they will turn against him if the hallucination turns more nightmarish / hellish. In which case playing well, would mean only having to fight a few characters, as our reward for keeping as many people as possible alive.

A failshep who got people killed left and right, might have hordes of angry and accusing former squad mates (or Shepard's mental representations of them) to fight through to free himself from the hallucination.

On another topic, does the Citadel have a day / night cycle on the wards? If not, why would it have street lamps?

Last edited by Eryri on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:56 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:01 pm

"why would it have street lamps?" Beauty is a part of architecture :l

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:21 pm

IronicParticle wrote:"why would it have street lamps?" Beauty is a part of architecture :l

It's more "Why would it have Earth looking street lamps on what seems to be the Citadel?"

Could be nothing, or it could be just that this is a humanity focused Ward, or it could be just a part of many signs coming together that this scene isn't real.

Or none of the above. Fuck it, we'll do it live!

Back to top Go down

Post by lex0r on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:21 pm

What better way to give the character that died on Virmire some screen time? I thought something like that might happen in those dreams, but noooo. It's just that damn VentBoy.

Depending on how well you played the Virmire victim and other squadmates like Mordin might make it very difficult for you.

Reapers using Kaidan/Ash to hammer you with guilt, even fight you? Although that would be a dead give away if shown too soon. They'd have to be shown at the end somehow. I don't know.

Both versions could be good. Either it's filled with the people that died or everyone and they are totally behaving out of character.
lex0r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by leafs43 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:29 pm

My guess is it's going to be a stupid DLC based around Ilium and have no contection to the ending and will present a false dichotomy of whatever racket is coming out of Ilium.

leafs43
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:35 pm

leafs43 wrote:My guess is it's going to be a stupid DLC based around Ilium and have no contection to the ending and will present a false dichotomy of whatever racket is coming out of Ilium.

That's my baseline.

And if Bioware just does this, I'll get it, enjoy it, then leave my wallet out of Bioware's products forever - until they prove they can do more than this.

Back to top Go down

Post by sandman2190 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:13 pm

Honestly, I dunno what to make of it at the moment.

I know of the whole 'IT IS DEBUNKED BLAH BLAH' claims (and ninjastan's locking of a thread related to the final hours app which baffles me) but this...is new. Though I DID think Liara was in the picture, but the lighting of the area DOES remind e of Purgatory somewhat.

sandman2190
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by TJBartlemus on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:01 am

It makes perfect sense!! Throughout the game in the dreams, Shepard is tormented with the voices of everyone who has died so far. How else to bring that around and finally see them post-choice? Shepard already believes he is dead now after whatever he/she chose. Why not have an illusion that reinforces what he believes? A purgatory in Shepard's own mind. Genius!!

TJBartlemus
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:06 am

Holy guacamole, speculations in full swing, I see.

If what Dwaling says is true, shiver me timbers.

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Of Kesak11 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:04 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Holy guacamole, speculations in full swing, I see.

If what Dwaling says is true, shiver me timbers.

"Be ready, I wouldn't be surprised if this button summoned a Reaper."
Proud IT Theorist and Talimancer.
"I want more time" - Tali Tali
Ghost Of Kesak11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:40 am

I posted this in the main thread, but it got lost in all the Bioware hate:

Dwaling's idea makes more sense if it's simply a piece of the post-ending content for synthesis.

Shepard meets dead people and realizes he's been harvested, living inside the Reaper matrix, connected to all who came before.

This is more or less what I originally suggested about the picture, as a joke.

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:13 am

SwobyJ wrote:
IronicParticle wrote:"why would it have street lamps?" Beauty is a part of architecture :l

It's more "Why would it have Earth looking street lamps on what seems to be the Citadel?"

Could be nothing, or it could be just that this is a humanity focused Ward, or it could be just a part of many signs coming together that this scene isn't real.

Or none of the above. Fuck it, we'll do it live!
From what I can see, it looks like there is no light bulb. It seems like it's a pole with a floating ball of light >.>

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:27 am

Somewhat unrelated, but did anyone of you wonder how there is a Night Club in the Presidium?
Wasn't that usually a more restricted area only available for officials, diplomats etc.?
The Wards were more the place for these kind of establishments.
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top