If Bioware did a 180 and produced an IT dlc/expansion....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

If Bioware did a 180 and produced an IT dlc/expansion....

Post by leafs43 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:41 pm

How would you like it to end?

Me personally, a fight with Harbinger in some fashion in the backdrop of dark space (as the story would lead to dark space) should be how the trilogy should end.

leafs43
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Re: If Bioware did a 180 and produced an IT dlc/expansion....

Post by ElSuperGecko on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:54 pm

I agree Harbinger needs to be involved in some way, somehow. The first Reaper, created from the Leviathan, the being that relentlessly pursued us throughout ME2 and a complete absentee in ME3.

Harbinger is a get-out-of-jail-free card for Bioware.

He's the villain that Mass Effect 3 deservers, AND the one it needs right now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:03 pm

Agreed. A spectacularly over the top boss fight with good old Harby would finish off the trilogy nicely.
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:07 pm

I personally don't think every game has to end with a boss fight, but that's just me. Maybe a chat with Harbinger (Arrival).

In the early development process, I don't think they even mentioned Harbinger being voiced. Just having him appear in the game (beam run).

Mass Effect 3 isn't the first game to not include a final boss fight.
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by leafs43 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:18 pm

magnetite wrote:I personally don't think every game has to end with a boss fight, but that's just me. Maybe a chat with Harbinger (Arrival).

In the early development process, I don't think they even mentioned Harbinger being voiced. Just having him appear in the game (beam run).

Mass Effect 3 isn't the first game to not include a final boss fight.

Because Harbinger and the reapers tried to make it personal against Shepard....the mass effect trilogy requires a boss fight. Because the rising action and conflict of the story needs a climax to have a focal point.

leafs43
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by 401 Kill on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:20 pm

I don't think it would be a 180 at all. I think they are right on track for IT!

For me, the most important thing to be implemented would be proper closure for Shepard and squaddies (after Shepard breaks Indoctrination and defeats the Reapers of course). Possibly a vehicle section as well. They have so much opportunity to pull out something amazing.

Idea for new gun name: Divina Extinctor

Ego non expugnatura malum meum inimicorum. Ego non alliget cum meis impia inimicorum. Ego disperdam eos. Ego Solvite messoribus.
401 Kill
STG

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:58 pm

I don't necessarily want a boss fight, I want a chilling confrontation with Harbinger. I want to hear his voice. I want the Reapers to be redeemed. And not be forever remembered as the stupid tools of that annoying little starbrat.

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:57 am

leafs43 wrote:
Because Harbinger and the reapers tried to make it personal against Shepard....the mass effect trilogy requires a boss fight. Because the rising action and conflict of the story needs a climax to have a focal point.

Even if Harbinger was a boss fight, that's one Reaper down, but thousands left to go. Reapers are all over the galaxy, not just on Earth. Not to mention, Reapers are a hive mind. Destroy Harbinger, next guy comes in and takes his place. They work as one, and fight as one. Networked intelligences all working together to achieve the same goal. Doesn't exactly solve the conflict with the Reapers.

Now the Reapers getting destroyed once and for all will certainly resolve the conflict.

Besides, I'm sure Bioware's QA Story team is aware of this fact. They probably had to have at least a university degree of some kind with courses in literature in order to write the story. They probably wouldn't hire someone will just a simple English course from high school. Not to mention they'd probably had to have past experience in writing for certain projects as well.

That's not to say every game or story has to have some kind of action packed boss battle at the end. Some stuff can be suspenseful action (eg. TIM sequence), but not necessarily involve any big guns or explosions.
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheesewheel12 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:05 pm

401 Kill wrote:I don't think it would be a 180 at all. I think they are right on track for IT!

For me, the most important thing to be implemented would be proper closure for Shepard and squaddies (after Shepard breaks Indoctrination and defeats the Reapers of course). Possibly a vehicle section as well. They have so much opportunity to pull out something amazing.

I think it's safe to say that no, Bioware never intended the IT, the ending was bad enough already, and the extended cut was insulting to many people's intelligence. A lot of other people I've talked to find the ending's horrible presentation and themes to be not too unsurprising when looking at the bad stuff of mass effect 3 as a whole:

- Most choices don't matter like the racnhi scenario
- Autodialouge takes player connection from shepard away
- Cerberus basically becomes cobra from GI joe
- Tali's photoshopped face (seriously, there were way more better fan pics than a stock photo of some model)
- Past squadmates get very little attention
- Priority earth was a major letdown, boring combat, nothing like me2's suicide mission

It really was a rushed game to be honest, but the fact that they shipped an AAA game with an incomplete ending shows they really dropped the ball on what could've been.
Cheesewheel12
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:17 pm

It wouldn't be a 180, if it was always the plan.

Back to top Go down

Post by richie21 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:28 pm

i want it to start with refusing the reaper overlord's choices, then he tries to attack you with harbinger which is a boss-fight to win the game.
richie21
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Lombus on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:35 pm

Even thought part of me wants such a think to happen the other part keeps thinking how foolish I am to fall for such a dirty play by BioWare, which we like it or not it's releasing the real ending as DLC when it should have been in the game. If they ever do it, I hope it's free.

"In our darkest moments, when life flashes before us, we find something. Something that keeps us going. Something that pushes us. When all seemed lost, I found a truth. And I knew what I must become. "
cat Hell Cat  cat
Lombus
Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top