The Four Choices: A Breakdown.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Four Choices: A Breakdown.

Post by richie21 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:32 am

I actually think refuse is worse than syntheseis at least Shepard is trying to stop the genocide or dreaming that in IT.
richie21
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:15 am

richie21 wrote: I actually think refuse is worse than syntheseis at least Shepard is trying to stop the genocide or dreaming that in IT.

Refuse is its own animal, imo. Both better AND worse than Synthesis.

Basically, its an easter egg for downloading EC, and it illustrates that not everything is 'all right' with the Catalyst and your situation in the game, even as the EC elaborates on the chosen 3 endings.

But yeah, I consider:
-Low-EMS Destroy
-Low-EMS Control
-Refuse
to all = Shepard dying. Synth and Control might still have him alive, in some form, in my IT interpretation.

EDIT: and thanks DD! I put a lot of thought into it, though I did put in some of my more personal thoughts about my ex (possible narcissist) into the thing ;)

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:46 am

The ONLY thing that is relevant is resolve. It doesn't matter if Shepard's resolve truly was Synthesis, if that was his resolve then that is the way out. But of course if Shepard's resolve was Synthesis, the Reapers would not need to indoctrinate him LOL! However at the same time this is exactly why Synthesis cannot be Shepard's resolve, because it is most definitely an indoctrination ending. Though this is irrelevant to what I am wanting to point out, my point is specifically that Shepard's resolve is what is important.

There is nothing that says Shepard thinks destroying the Reapers is MOST important. Refuse could be his resolve because freedom and hope could be most important compared to destroying the Reapers. If you think about it, Refuse from a reductionist perspective is simply an ATTEMPT at conventional victory. Now, one must ask what symbolism could be behind this.

As far as I can tell, Refuse is the resolve that says you'd rather die trying to protect what is most important(freedom and hope)... than not try at all. Destroy sacrifices both freedom and hope of the Geth and EDI, without even TRYING to protect freedom and hope. Resolve is specifically your core values, so basically what is most important.

Now for all I know, Shepard values the quantity of life... compared to the quality of life, and so Destroying the Reapers is more important. However a vast majority of people believe the Quality of life is more important, and for good reason too. So while Shepard might not, it would only be logical on his part if he did.

The only thing Reaper indoctrination does, is it tries to change your resolve. So even if your resolve was to suck Reaper tentacle, then sticking to that resolve would keep you from getting indoctrinated. As I said though, this would be pointless because you are already allied with the Reapers lol

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by richie21 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:42 pm

there's nothing deeper about refuse it's just Bioware's middle-finger to people rejecting their art and the Reaper-warlord.

it should be the winning choice in IT but they obviously didn't do that, they just tried to polish the turd instead.

idiots.
richie21
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by southbeatz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:30 pm

I still am mostly against the endings. I know it's just a video game and it in no way reflects on anything that has to be realistic but it does need at least some shred of realism. The Protheans fought for over 200 years only to lose to the Reapers. Shepard and others within 6 months or so are offered a hand delivered set of choices basically. It's like the Reapers are giving up. Who can honestly say they believe that the Reapers would simply give up to 1 single human after millions of years of harvesting cycles?

Shepard gets to the decision chamber and this Reaper Kid thing simply offers Shepard 3 choices.

Control can be seen different ways but likely only 1 way is true. Control can be seen as Shepard becoming THE Reaper to control them which is lame and pointless. Even if Control was legit then Shepard would eventually think like a Reaper. Video has proven that Shepard is indoctrinated for that ending and appears to either become a husk or dissolves.

Synthesis is about as likely as Joker's line in the club saying it's not like he's gonna date Harbinger lol. So The Reapers want to merge with Everyone thus essentially making everyone Reapers. Maybe at first it would work but the Reapers would eventually make it into a Reaper galaxy over time. Synthesis ending also appeared to prove in a video that Shepard would be indoctrinated so that ending also should be considered bad and a trap.

Destroy is what many I think would feel is the choice for Shepard to make but since it's obvious the Reaper Kid is offering these choices, we should take into account that after millions of years the Reapers would not simply allow for a choice for them to all deactivate would be possible. After millions of years it's almost hard to believe that the Reapers did not know what the Crucible would do. If the Reaper Kid is indeed the Catalyst then it likely knows all about the Crucible and therefore could easily have turned it into a Reaper trap.

The best and imo most logical way to see this decision chamber seen is merely an attempt at indoctrinating Shepard. The Reapers have been doing this for millions of years so we should know that the Reapers are pretty damn smart and would never let something like the decision chamber be real. I don't care what ending Bioware makes the true ending, I personally will never buy into this lame stupidity that this decision chamber even has a chance to be real. That's such a huge slap in the face to the Reapers and to every Species that existed for millions of years dating back to when the Leviathan created the Intelligence.

I know Bioware has done awesome things in the past but I don't know if they will on ME3. If they don't make a huge swerve for this ME3 ending then imo they've blundered an opportunity and made an ending hardly believable even as Sci-Fi. I think Refuse should be the viable option but not as a conventional means of winning. I think Refuse should be an option for Shepard to realize that this decision chamber is fake and a Reaper attempt at indoctrination.

After this is when I think Shepard should be able to find out what the Crucible really can do. I believe the Crucible should end up being a plant by the Reapers but with all of the smartest people working on the Crucible we could find out that they figured out that it was a Reaper trap and they made adjustments so that it could function against the Reapers.

I know it's unlikely any of what I said will be done by Bioware but it's still what I believe makes far more sense than the current far fetched laughable joke endings the game currently has. The Reapers would never allow for something to be hidden like plans to the Crucible for millions of years that could potentially put an end to the Reapers. After millions of years the Reapers are simply too smart and too efficient to allow such a thing to happen.

I will say I can agree with some that the Refuse ending may simply be a middle finger from Bioware but going by the story of the entire series and the Reaper background, it's the only ending that can lead to an ending that can even be possible even in a Sci-Fi game because the current endings make the Reapers look like morons and idiots imo for allowing the Crucible to be around for millions of years with the potential to put an end to them.

If anything maybe the Crucible plans have been modified over time by the Reapers. Maybe they change it after each harvest since they obtain more knowledge from Species but also as Sovereign said in ME1, the Reapers plant technology to guide Species. He says the pattern has repeated itself more times than you can fathom. The Reapers leave technology for others to find so that their new technology is based off of Reaper technology so that Species develop how the Reapers want them to.

Here's that conversation if anyone wanted to listen to it again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG1JGJqb184

I know Bioware may likely not do anything to support any of this but it's still how I think the game could have been better and less stupid imo regarding the decision chamber and endings.
southbeatz
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top