It's A Gundam (Thread)!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It's A Gundam (Thread)!

Post by Hrothdane on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:05 am

As Master Blaster and I have Gundam avatars, and MB suggested it, I have made the Official Gundam Thread for all things Gundam.

I'll get the ball rolling with a list of my favorite series:

1. Gundam Wing
2. 8th MS Team
3. G Gundam
4. Mobile Suit Gundam
5. Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket

_________________
Assume everything has value until proven wrong. Sometimes that doesn't take very long.

What I'm listening to: http://www.last.fm/user/Hrothdane/library
avatar
Hrothdane
Scion

Posts : 627
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Irvine, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: It's A Gundam (Thread)!

Post by Master Blaster on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:10 am

Fine we will keep your thread.

All your favorit Gundom/Gundam characters, and suit in one thread for the first time.
From the movies, to the tv shows, that includes the SD Gundoms, and The Three Kingdoms one to, books/comics, and the games.


I will start of my favorit Character is Herro Yue, and suit is Wing Zero.
avatar
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Posts : 1639
Join date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: It's A Gundam (Thread)!

Post by Hrothdane on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:11 am

I used my mod powers to merge them, kinda.

_________________
Assume everything has value until proven wrong. Sometimes that doesn't take very long.

What I'm listening to: http://www.last.fm/user/Hrothdane/library
avatar
Hrothdane
Scion

Posts : 627
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Irvine, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: It's A Gundam (Thread)!

Post by Master Blaster on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:18 am

So other than Char what Gundam is your favorit?

_________________
Optimus Prime: Sometimes the paths we wish we desire sometimes have to be fought by words, other than guns. However with the recent events of the Reapers arrival the time for words is over. In order to protect the humans we must stop the Reapers no matter the cost are.

Autobots transform and role out!

http://forum.bioware.com/groups/637-was-the-ending-a-hallucination-it/
avatar
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Posts : 1639
Join date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: It's A Gundam (Thread)!

Post by Hrothdane on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:25 am

Master Blaster wrote:So other than Char what Gundam is your favorit?

From Wing, Heero is my favorite Gundam pilot. Treize is one of my favorite villains in anything, and Zechs is basically Char so of course I like him.

In the UC shows, it's hard to say. Char is a great character, but there are so many good characters that it is hard to choose.

Domon Kasshu, Master Asia, and Schwarz Bruder are the best characters in G Gundam.

_________________
Assume everything has value until proven wrong. Sometimes that doesn't take very long.

What I'm listening to: http://www.last.fm/user/Hrothdane/library
avatar
Hrothdane
Scion

Posts : 627
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Irvine, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: It's A Gundam (Thread)!

Post by Master Blaster on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:45 am

Hrothdane wrote:
Master Blaster wrote:So other than Char what Gundam is your favorit?

From Wing, Heero is my favorite Gundam pilot. Treize is one of my favorite villains in anything, and Zechs is basically Char so of course I like him.

In the UC shows, it's hard to say. Char is a great character, but there are so many good characters that it is hard to choose.

Domon Kasshu, Master Asia, and Schwarz Bruder are the best characters in G Gundam.


Why haven't we talked about this before?! Everything you said is what I like to!

However my top five Gundam pilots are.
1. Herro Yue
2. Char
3. Domon
4. Treize
5. Duo
avatar
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Posts : 1639
Join date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: It's A Gundam (Thread)!

Post by Hrothdane on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:51 am

Master Blaster wrote:
Hrothdane wrote:
Master Blaster wrote:So other than Char what Gundam is your favorit?

From Wing, Heero is my favorite Gundam pilot. Treize is one of my favorite villains in anything, and Zechs is basically Char so of course I like him.

In the UC shows, it's hard to say. Char is a great character, but there are so many good characters that it is hard to choose.

Domon Kasshu, Master Asia, and Schwarz Bruder are the best characters in G Gundam.


Why haven't we talked about this before?! Everything you said is what I like to!

However my top five Gundam pilots are.
1. Herro Yue
2. Char
3. Domon
4. Treize
5. Duo

While I highly approve of that list, I would probably have to separate it out into a couple of lists, one for heroes and one for villains.

_________________
Assume everything has value until proven wrong. Sometimes that doesn't take very long.

What I'm listening to: http://www.last.fm/user/Hrothdane/library
avatar
Hrothdane
Scion

Posts : 627
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Irvine, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: It's A Gundam (Thread)!

Post by Master Blaster on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:42 pm

Hey do you like Kamili from Zeta Gundam because I hated him to be honest. He was always bitching about his needs, and it got to the point when he blamed Char for Reccoa's defection to Master Patimas.

And Don't get me wrong here I like the Moble Suit Gundam show, but Amaro Ray ruined the story most off the time. He was acting like a selfish prick that didn't want to fight from time to time, and not to mention he was so broken hearted after losing Li La, who really I thought was a bit over kill for Armors supposed hope to be love intrest.

Oh and one more Jerid, um what do you think of him? To me he is like Alistair mixed with Amora's so called talent, and Kamila's stupidity.

_________________
Optimus Prime: Sometimes the paths we wish we desire sometimes have to be fought by words, other than guns. However with the recent events of the Reapers arrival the time for words is over. In order to protect the humans we must stop the Reapers no matter the cost are.

Autobots transform and role out!

http://forum.bioware.com/groups/637-was-the-ending-a-hallucination-it/
avatar
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Posts : 1639
Join date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: It's A Gundam (Thread)!

Post by Master Blaster on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:43 pm

Hey do you like Kamili from Zeta Gundam because I hated him to be honest. He was always bitching about his needs, and it got to the point when he blamed Char for Reccoa's defection to Master Patimas.

And Don't get me wrong here I like the Moble Suit Gundam show, but Amaro Ray ruined the story most off the time. He was acting like a selfish prick that didn't want to fight from time to time, and not to mention he was so broken hearted after losing Li La, who really I thought was a bit over kill for Armors supposed hope to be love intrest.

Oh and one more Jerid, um what do you think of him? To me he is like Alistair mixed with Amora's so called talent, and Kamila's stupidity.

_________________
Optimus Prime: Sometimes the paths we wish we desire sometimes have to be fought by words, other than guns. However with the recent events of the Reapers arrival the time for words is over. In order to protect the humans we must stop the Reapers no matter the cost are.

Autobots transform and role out!

http://forum.bioware.com/groups/637-was-the-ending-a-hallucination-it/
avatar
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Posts : 1639
Join date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: It's A Gundam (Thread)!

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:09 am

Are we only allowed to talk about the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise in here, or can other shows involving giant mechs be discussed here as well?
avatar
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: It's A Gundam (Thread)!

Post by Fur28 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:00 am

Selim Bradley wrote:Are we only allowed to talk about the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise in here, or can other shows involving giant mechs be discussed here as well?
Like the upcoming Pacific Rim?
I jizz everytime I watch the trailer

_________________
I Love Selim Heart
Anti-Shield Drill (Super Effective against the Ultimate Shield)

Fur28
Commando

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 23
Location : Mexico

Back to top Go down

Re: It's A Gundam (Thread)!

Post by Hrothdane on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:18 am

Besides the obvious awesomeness of a Del Toro mecha film, I'm looking forward to it because it might cause a resurgence in interest in mecha in the US. I would like to be able to find Gundam DVDs again.

_________________
Assume everything has value until proven wrong. Sometimes that doesn't take very long.

What I'm listening to: http://www.last.fm/user/Hrothdane/library
avatar
Hrothdane
Scion

Posts : 627
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Irvine, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: It's A Gundam (Thread)!

Post by Fur28 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:27 am

Hrothdane wrote:Besides the obvious awesomeness of a Del Toro mecha film, I'm looking forward to it because it might cause a resurgence in interest in mecha in the US. I would like to be able to find Gundam DVDs again.
It won´t.
We both know there´s not enough explosión and boobs in that movie to attrach people and make them interested in Giant bots :(

_________________
I Love Selim Heart
Anti-Shield Drill (Super Effective against the Ultimate Shield)

Fur28
Commando

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 23
Location : Mexico

Back to top Go down

Re: It's A Gundam (Thread)!

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:10 am

While I love the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise the most, my favorite non-Gundam mecha anime is and probably always will be Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.


Last edited by Selim Bradley on Sat May 25, 2013 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: It's A Gundam (Thread)!

Post by Fur28 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:14 am

Selim Bradley wrote:While I love the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise, my favorite mech anything is and probably always will be Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.
hummmm I´ll agree with you, but I´ll insult you by saying you like boys, seems fair


CODE GEASS is fucking awesome

_________________
I Love Selim Heart
Anti-Shield Drill (Super Effective against the Ultimate Shield)

Fur28
Commando

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 23
Location : Mexico

Back to top Go down

Re: It's A Gundam (Thread)!

Post by Hrothdane on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:27 am

I haven't seen Code Geass yet myself. It's on the list of stuff to watch, though.

_________________
Assume everything has value until proven wrong. Sometimes that doesn't take very long.

What I'm listening to: http://www.last.fm/user/Hrothdane/library
avatar
Hrothdane
Scion

Posts : 627
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Irvine, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: It's A Gundam (Thread)!

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:30 am

Hrothdane wrote:I haven't seen Code Geass yet myself. It's on the list of stuff to watch, though.
You will not be dissapointed. It is a must watch for any anime fan, and especially for mecha fans.
avatar
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: It's A Gundam (Thread)!

Post by Fur28 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:36 am

Selim Bradley wrote:
Hrothdane wrote:I haven't seen Code Geass yet myself. It's on the list of stuff to watch, though.
You will not be dissapointed. It is a must watch for any anime fan, and especially for mecha fans.
you´ll loved I mostly hate Mecha Animes but liked this one

_________________
I Love Selim Heart
Anti-Shield Drill (Super Effective against the Ultimate Shield)

Fur28
Commando

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 23
Location : Mexico

Back to top Go down

Re: It's A Gundam (Thread)!

Post by Master Blaster on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:09 am

Giant robots you say. Well let's go transfomers then. XD, but yes LDS sure why not. I like the Zukos from SD Gundom Force.

_________________
Optimus Prime: Sometimes the paths we wish we desire sometimes have to be fought by words, other than guns. However with the recent events of the Reapers arrival the time for words is over. In order to protect the humans we must stop the Reapers no matter the cost are.

Autobots transform and role out!

http://forum.bioware.com/groups/637-was-the-ending-a-hallucination-it/
avatar
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Posts : 1639
Join date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: It's A Gundam (Thread)!

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:55 am

I found an interesting similarity to the Control Ending in the series Mobile Suit Gundam 00. It's called the Trial System. This is from the Gundam wiki about it.

The system was designed to generate a invisible field wave that shutdown any mobile weapon that's connected to Veda. While it is also useful in a rogue or traitor scenario, the system was mainly created due to the human nature of the Gundam Meisters, since even the most well trained human being under extremely stressful circumstances can break down and act irrationally due to emotions.[1] This realisation of this safeguard strategy however will only be effective if the beholder of the system is not subjected emotions himself, thus only "non-humans" were entrusted with it.[1] Those entrusted with the systems are also generally quantum brainwave users, usually Veda-approved artificial humans. When activated, the cockpit GUI would turn red, showing the words TRIAL with holographic red system screens throughout the cockpit. The user must be constantly linked with Veda to continue the duration of Trial, should the connection with Veda be severed or the permission revoked, Trial deactivates and all disable units are capable of returning to combat.

This is similar to how Control works. Since all Reaper Systems are connected through the Intelligence, this kind of system would actually work. And to overcome the distance problem, organics developed a giantpower supply, what we call the Crucible and connect it to the Mass Relay Network to gain galactic coverage.
avatar
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: It's A Gundam (Thread)!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum