Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Multi-Player a Simulation? The Multi-Player Discussion Thread MKI

+13
DoomsdayDevice
BleedingUranium
Fur28
RavenEyry
clennon8
Hrothdane
demersel
Rifneno
ElSuperGecko
Maximus
solidsnake78
Humakt
GethJuggernautMKII
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is Multi-Player a Simulation? The Multi-Player Discussion Thread MKI - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Multi-Player a Simulation? The Multi-Player Discussion Thread MKI

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:18 pm

I skip missiles too, on the Destroyer.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Is Multi-Player a Simulation? The Multi-Player Discussion Thread MKI - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Multi-Player a Simulation? The Multi-Player Discussion Thread MKI

Post by magnetite Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:43 pm

One of my characters:

Is Multi-Player a Simulation? The Multi-Player Discussion Thread MKI - Page 2 HViC8l

They've all got IT related names. LOL.

My manifest

Been slacking off it seems.
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:52 pm

Rifneno wrote:
Phantom Infiltrator wrote:Ive always found it annoying that a name is required to play a character. Thoughtful names can be difficult to come up with.

They made me name my krogan shaman. Lorebreaking bastards.
Lol. Well, I named mine "The Shaman" Wrex
BansheeOwnage
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:28 am

Guys, question.

Did they change something about the Acolyte pistol?

I haven't used it in a while, but I was under the impression that it no longer needs charging?

However, I can still charge it.

What more? Well, it doesn't do any damage against shields or anything else for that matter. No matter if I charge it or just one-click it, it doesn't do any damage.

I even rebooted my console to make sure it wasn't the connection, but no matter what I try, it doesn't work.

Am I doing it wrong?

Earlier I was warping across the map when trying to use the acolyte.

I'm so confused. This gun doesn't do anything, and my SMG is working, what the?
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:52 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Guys, question.

Did they change something about the Acolyte pistol?

I haven't used it in a while, but I was under the impression that it no longer needs charging?

However, I can still charge it.

What more? Well, it doesn't do any damage against shields or anything else for that matter. No matter if I charge it or just one-click it, it doesn't do any damage.

I even rebooted my console to make sure it wasn't the connection, but no matter what I try, it doesn't work.

Am I doing it wrong?

Earlier I was warping across the map when trying to use the acolyte.

I'm so confused. This gun doesn't do anything, and my SMG is working, what the?

They reverted the Acolyte charge change, at least temporarily. I don't know anything about the other problems, but I suspect they are related.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:00 am

Yeah, it was really glitchy. Whatever it was, it's working now.

Needs to be fully charged, like it used to be back when released.

DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:12 am

I normally play on silver by myself. I've played on gold before, but I always PUG it, so there's a chance that we may not make it to wave 11. Although if I get with a good team we usually make it to wave 11 and complete it. I find that I can consistently farm and complete silver so the whole credits per hour is higher. Versus on gold, if you wipe before wave 10 completes, you only get 35,000 credits. So 25 minutes for 35,000 credits or 15 minutes for 34,000 credits?

I've kind of noticed that a lot of people don't use cover that much. Versus I use it all the time. Although, I kind of need to practice the whole situational awareness thing. Sitting there spraying bullets and there's a enemy that comes up and gets me.
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:41 am

magnetite wrote:I normally play on silver by myself. I've played on gold before, but I always PUG it, so there's a chance that we may not make it to wave 11. Although if I get with a good team we usually make it to wave 11 and complete it. I find that I can consistently farm and complete silver so the whole credits per hour is higher. Versus on gold, if you wipe before wave 10 completes, you only get 35,000 credits. So 25 minutes for 35,000 credits or 15 minutes for 34,000 credits?

I've kind of noticed that a lot of people don't use cover that much. Versus I use it all the time. Although, I kind of need to practice the whole situational awareness thing. Sitting there spraying bullets and there's a enemy that comes up and gets me.

Cover doesn't get used very much because the game punishes players that stay in cover for very long, ESPECIALLY on higher difficulties. Many enemies can essentially ignore cover, and grenades and other cover-clearing methods are incredibly common.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:43 am

Soft cover is the way to go.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:40 am

I think I'd say 'yes'. The games are either 'out of universe' and 'just a game' or they are part of an in-universe training simulator. It just doesn't fit into the lore of the core game any other way.

1/ Multi-species teams. As far as we know, the only multi-species teams in Mass Effect are:

Shepard's Normandy Crew
Spectres
C-Sec
Mercenary gangs

Also there are certain races that we know don't work in these organisations (bar Shep's crew) - Geth, Quarians, Volus and Drell. Batarians and Krogan only work with other races in mercenary gangs (or as private security, basically the same thing in context).

2/ Missile Launchers. Never shown in-game as being like this (ignoring the final part of Priority: London), let alone every soldier carrying them.

3/ Mission objectives. Just don't work at all for a lore perspective!

4/ Enemies in unlikely places. Geth on Earth? Collectors on Tunchunka?

I'll stop there. I don't think it 'means' anything in the larger context, but I know that my Krogan Sentinel isn't running around the Galaxy 'in lore'. Still loads of fun, though.

Anyway! Recently I've been in love with the Geth Trooper - that Flamer is just ridiculously overpowered on Silver! And I'm starting to like the Geth Pulse Rifle as well, its light and rapid firing and reasonably accurate.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:07 pm

Still waiting to get the Geth Trooper. *mutter*
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:13 pm

Don't worry, I STILL don't have the Krogan Soldier.

Also got the Vorcha Hunter Engineer. Submission Net = awesome. If that character had grenades or Flamer, it would be the best.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:19 pm

Yeah, the combination with Incinerate isn't very strong on the Vorcha Engineer, IMO.

They really missed out on giving the Vorcha engineer those awesome Vorcha goggles.

What I'm missing in terms of characters:

Drell Assassin
Volus Mercenary
Geth Trooper
Volus Protector
Asari Huntress
Quarian Marksman

For the rest, I have everything. Mostly levelling up my weapons for now.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:26 pm

Got all of those...bar the Drell Assassin, I think.

I'm missing...

Krogan Soldier
Ex-Cerberus Vanguard
N7 Devastator
N7 Fury
Asari Valkyrie
Turian Sabateour
Batarian Sentinel
Drell Assassin

My weapons are looking...worse. Still haven't even unlocked the Harrier yet. Or the Typhoon.

And I love Incinerate when I have to fight a boss creature. But Flamer would be much better. Better with the N7 Paladin, where I can set off Tech Explosions all day long.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:34 pm

Hah, that's weird. You're missing mostly 'old' kits, I'm missing newer kits.

Thankfully I have all the weapons.

I only use incinerate for making fire explosions.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:49 am

So it's been almost a year since the game was released. Is the multiplayer still active? I play on PC as my platform.
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by FFZero Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:35 pm

magnetite wrote:So it's been almost a year since the game was released. Is the multiplayer still active? I play on PC as my platform.

I find that it's still fairly active. Not as much as it used to be of course but you won't be lacking people for long in a public game. I can start a public gold game and have 3 more people join before the end of the first wave normally. Also PC is my main platform too.

In terms of unlockables I've got all of the characters unlocked, now I'm just working on my UR's. Only 2 levels away from the coveted Harrier X.

Also I'm curious, how many of you have completed the Lone wolf challenge?
FFZero
FFZero
Thorian Creeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2