Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Citizenship in ME

+2
Andromidius
RavenEyry
6 posters

Go down

Citizenship in ME Empty Citizenship in ME

Post by RavenEyry Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:17 pm

I was wondering if race is the only factor to ones ability to serve in governments and militaries, or if planet and for asari parentage plays a part.

This line of thought came after I was randomly imagining Shepard being sent to rendezvous with a turian captain who turns out to be an asari who goes "What? My father is turian and I was born on Palaven, why shouldn't I be in the turian army."

I was wondering what others thought on this subject, or if there's a lore piece explaining it that I've missed.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Citizenship in ME Empty Re: Citizenship in ME

Post by Andromidius Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:41 pm

I doubt it works the same way as things do on Earth.

If there were such things as true hybrids it might cause some issues, but as far as we know there are no cross-species hybrids. Asari don't really count since they are 100% Asari regardless of who the 'father' was.

Heck, if anything we can see that sometimes species even aren't willing to deal with their own kind. The Asari embassy worker having a long discussion with a human woman about her Asari child's right to be taken to Thessia for safety, for example.

We only see cross-species military organisations in very limited numbers:

1/ Citadel Security.
2/ The Spectres.
3/ Various Mercenary units.
4/ Shepard's crew.

The idea of an Asari being part of the crew of a Turian vessel seems odd.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:51 pm

I think it's unlikely too. It's just I was thinking an asari that was born and raised on an alien planet would probably have more affinity for it then the asari government. If they wanted to enlist they'd probably rather join the local military than one they've never seen before.

I wonder if baby asari are considered tourists instead of citizens or something.
And what about if a turian family lived on Thessia for multiple generations? Even if they were all pure turians, they'd probably consider themselves citizens of asari space instead of visitors.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:59 pm

You have to take into account that the mother usually is still around and both outlive their "father/husband".
And I am pretty sure that the Asari Republics keep track of every Asari living outside of Asari-space. The exact scene mentioned above with the woman trying to get her daughter to Thessia shows that they keep track of Asari living somewhere else.
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Baranus33 Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:14 pm

Ive always wondered about this too. Colonies to me would be more diverse then homeworlds but I would suspect immigration is a large part of the galactic atmosphere. Palavan might be an exception because of how the closed government sounds and how secretive the planet is to outsiders plus its all dextro food. I would suspect because of so many colonies cropping up and that being a large part of the lore that overpopulation and closed borders are a common occurrence.

I would hope that citizenship isn't all about bloodlines but sometimes ME3 felt very segregated and the only mixed species groups we usually see are mercenaries or research teams or of course the Citadel
Baranus33
Baranus33
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by solidsnake78 Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:27 am

Dude, we are all Citizens of the universe, man.

[img]Citizenship in ME Fde155c2-9308-4a34-bb20-17bd5ceb891e_zps6be70825[/img]
solidsnake78
solidsnake78
Combat Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:18 am

I have a feeling that the post-ME3 MEU will have a lot more cross-species organizations and military acceptance.

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:26 am

In the Ebassies after the coup you can hear the Asari representative at the desk say that the Asari government monitors all Asari spouses and steps in on their behalf when necessary. In short, marry an Asari and you are a part of their society. I don't see that working in many other civilizations outside of the already mixed independent colonies, the Krogans' use of Vorcha notwithstanding.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum