Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Age of Wonders

3 posters

Go down

Age of Wonders Empty Age of Wonders

Post by BlueLogic Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:08 pm

Triumph Studios just announced a new Age of Wonders in the works for release in late 2013.

http://www.ageofwonders.com

Trailer

Looks pretty exciting, especially for those of us who are familiar with the original.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Age of Wonders Empty Re: Age of Wonders

Post by Argolas Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:21 pm

Looks nice, good to hear. I only played Shadow Magic before, but I loved that.
Argolas
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Argolas Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:43 am

Don't seem to be many fans out here. Hmm...

Age of Wonders Xcjq9oqg

cheers
Argolas
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Humakt Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:24 am

Looking forward to it. Usually "new 3D-engine" just hasn't been that great of a thing for turn-based fantasy games. HoMM V would have been without a doubt a much better game without its heavy 3D-engine.
Humakt
Humakt
Nightmare

http://www.celestialheavens.com/thundermaps/

Back to top Go down

Post by Argolas Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:50 pm

Humakt83 wrote:Looking forward to it. Usually "new 3D-engine" just hasn't been that great of a thing for turn-based fantasy games. HoMM V would have been without a doubt a much better game without its heavy 3D-engine.

Yeah, I was disappointed by HoMM V, too. My favourite game of that Series is still III (although the chain mechanic really breaks the game once you figure it out), and V sadly did not import the few things that IV did right (like the caravans). I did not try anything beyond V yet though.

Nevertheless, I think a 3D engine can be good in turn-based fantasy if it is done right. Let's see.
Argolas
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:53 pm

Argolas wrote:
Humakt83 wrote:Looking forward to it. Usually "new 3D-engine" just hasn't been that great of a thing for turn-based fantasy games. HoMM V would have been without a doubt a much better game without its heavy 3D-engine.

Yeah, I was disappointed by HoMM V, too. My favourite game of that Series is still III (although the chain mechanic really breaks the game once you figure it out), and V sadly did not import the few things that IV did right (like the caravans). I did not try anything beyond V yet though.

Nevertheless, I think a 3D engine can be good in turn-based fantasy if it is done right. Let's see.

I get suspicious as well when I see "New 3D Engine!!!1!" in an announcement. I just hope they keep the same basic mechanics with the isometric perspective and hex grid layout. I like the whole thing where you pick a race and then a...speciality? I don't really know what to call it, but I'm going to have to try tech goblins at some point.

As for HoMM, I prefer the look of II myself. Makes me want to break out the collection except that I can barely find time for my renewed interest in ME3 MP lately.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum