Do you believe the IT reveal will come?

75% 75% 
[ 66 ]
25% 25% 
[ 22 ]

Total Votes : 88

Re: Do you believe in the reveal?

Post by BlueLogic on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:29 am

I believe. The unprecedented secrecy suggests something big on the horizon. If not this next DLC, then I would guess there is another.

Last edited by BlueLogic on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:30 am

^ Yeah, more or less my sentiments.

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokanaiya on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:59 am

Yes, if for no other reason than EA wouldn't have let ME3 get released with just the current ending. Even if a reveal wasn't originally planned, EA will force one because as it stands now, a Mass Effect sequel would make little to no money. No one's interested in any Mass Effect sequel at the moment, and even if they were they wouldn't buy it for fear of getting disappointed again. Many people probably won't buy any more Bioware, and there would definitely be no more preorders... It's a nightmare for Bioware and EA right now, and if there's any way to restore their reputation, they're going to take it. Heck, even if Bioware doesn't want to do it for any reason, EA will force them to, just so they can get their giant cash cow back.

While there's lots of other evidence for a reveal, that's what convinces me the most, since it's always safe to bet on EA's greed. ;)
Lokanaiya
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:14 am

Anything but a reveal doesn't really make sense...therefore, I believe.

"Does that mean it will kill your smug ass too?"

DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by HYR 2.1 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:15 am

'Would make a pretty strong wager against it, myself.
HYR 2.1
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:36 am

HYR 2.1 wrote: 'Would make a pretty strong wager against it, myself.

Good thing Demersel is on vacation, he would definitely take you up on it. Laughing

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:21 am

I trust my writers! And Jennifer Hale!

banSHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Norlond
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:05 am

I'm only interested in the media's reaction to this, and to silence the literalists. That's all I want out of the reveal. Finally put an end to the bickering of the many, hopefully. Or for them to be forever indoctrinated at the hands of Bioware's ingenious ending and storytelling.

And to have all the literalists bow before their conspiracy overlords and repeat the words "Looks like those ITers were right after all".
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:40 am

For myself, I wouldn't say I "believe" in the sense of faith. I merely consider it the most likely scenario based upon the circumstances and evidence.

What I'm listening to: http://www.last.fm/user/Hrothdane/library
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Argolas on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:09 am

I voted "no". I hope for "yes" with my whole heart.
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by southbeatz on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:53 am

Bioware and EA are both businesses. People create businesses to make money. If they leave ME3 as it currently is then it's unlikely they can make more money from the series so it would seem to be the smart thing to reveal IT and leave the door open for more ME games. They'll piss people off but if they add proper closure to ME3 and open up room for a 4th ME then by time that 4th ME is released I think the majority of angry people would be willing to try out the 4th ME. If they leave ME3 as it is then I think many people will have too many doubts to buy a 4th one so I think they will reveal IT, if anything for the purpose of being a business to find ways to make more money.
southbeatz
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:57 am

BansheeOwnage wrote:I trust my writers! And Jennifer Hale!
CP told us not to though!
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:11 am

actually after today i kinda think that nothing is going to happen. in fact even if it does i really dont know if i can be arsed putting up with this arsehole company anymore. any company that takes delight in trolling it's customers for such a long period of time deserves everything it gets. yeah they think theyre being clever but to be perfectly frank i've had enough of this shit now. time to let go.

Last edited by dork on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:40 pm

I know I've already voted no, but I do hope for yes.

I'm 100% confident however that Bioware has SOMETHING big planned for Mass Effect 3 players before the DLC cycle is over, something which will tantalisingly lead us into ME4 and build hype for it. Whether it's an IT (or Puzzlem or WNT, or whateveer) "reveal" or not is a different matter.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:28 pm

Hrothdane wrote:For myself, I wouldn't say I "believe" in the sense of faith. I merely consider it the most likely scenario based upon the circumstances and evidence.

Same for me. I didn't really mean 'believe' in that 'faith' sense of the word.

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:14 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
Hrothdane wrote:For myself, I wouldn't say I "believe" in the sense of faith. I merely consider it the most likely scenario based upon the circumstances and evidence.

Technically a person "believes" in facts in the sense that they don't actually KNOW that said facts are true. We are incapable of absolute certainty, so in turn that means any facts we accept... we believe their trustworthy, we do not know that they are trustworthy. Faith is belief contrary to all evidence, and so it's not faith to believe in facts because there is evidence. Just as, there is very blunt and clear evidence for IT.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:00 pm

IronicParticle wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:

Technically a person "believes" in facts in the sense that they don't actually KNOW that said facts are true. We are incapable of absolute certainty, so in turn that means any facts we accept... we believe their trustworthy, we do not know that they are trustworthy. Faith is belief contrary to all evidence, and so it's not faith to believe in facts because there is evidence. Just as, there is very blunt and clear evidence for IT.

Faith is not belief contrary to all evidence. It is belief without proof. From dictionary.com "belief that is not based on proof". That is quite a different thing.
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:35 pm

BlueLogic wrote:
IronicParticle wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:

Faith is not belief contrary to all evidence. It is belief without proof. From dictionary.com "belief that is not based on proof". That is quite a different thing.

Yeah, I was about to say that.

Knowledge is good when right, bad when wrong.
Belief is simply belief, neutral.
Faith is good when questioned, bad when unquestioned. (as it is without proof)

Back to top Go down

Post by BatmanTurian on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:27 pm

I'm more of a maybe, but I'm an optimist so I went with yes.

Nor to glory, boast or pride himself;
To do what is dictated by necessity,
Not by choice.
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
BatmanTurian
LOKI

Back to top Go down

Post by HYR 2.1 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:09 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
HYR 2.1 wrote: 'Would make a pretty strong wager against it, myself.

Good thing Demersel is on vacation, he would definitely take you up on it. Laughing

I will say this, though: IT will be a driving political force behind making "Destroy" "canon" in ME4.

I use both of those quoted words loosely.
HYR 2.1
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by spotlessvoid on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:04 pm

Said yes because there's no maybe
spotlessvoid
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:00 am

Actually in a sense you guys are right, but yet usually when humans hold faith... it IS contrary to evidence/reason. For example, you may have faith that something will work... and even though the odds are not good, you still believe even without evidence/reason.

The odds are almost always stacked against you, even an optimist recognizes this. When faith is involved we still must accept this fact, and in turn since we don't have any evidence/reasons for it, we have nothing to outweigh the odds. The odds are the evidence/reason to the contrary, essentially you are likely to be wrong more so than you are right.

Basically by default, without evidence/reason FOR something.. there is already evidence/reason AGAINST it. Thus in order to have any faith, you lack any evidence/reason FOR... even despite the inherent evidence/reason AGAINST.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:30 pm

I apologize in advance for what could be perceived as a negative tone in my responses. It isn't my intention to offend, only to disagree.

IronicParticle wrote:...but yet usually when humans hold faith... it IS contrary to evidence/reason.
That is pure speculation. There is no way to make an informed argument about the reasons most people believe what they do.

IronicParticle wrote:For example, you may have faith that something will work... and even though the odds are not good, you still believe even without evidence/reason.
The odds are almost always stacked against you, even an optimist recognizes this. When faith is involved we still must accept this fact, and in turn since we don't have any evidence/reasons for it, we have nothing to outweigh the odds. The odds are the evidence/reason to the contrary, essentially you are likely to be wrong more so than you are right.
Consider someone who believes that they can fly by jumping off a building. There is no evidence to suggest they are right and plenty to suggest otherwise. That is faith beyond reason. Faith is believing that if they jump off the building they will die. There is no way to prove that it will happen, but there are many reasons to believe it.

IronicParticle wrote:Basically by default, without evidence/reason FOR something.. there is already evidence/reason AGAINST it.
While not technically true, it is reasonable to assume that a total lack of evidence supporting a proposition suggests the opposite. However, I've never heard anyone argue a position that they had no reason to believe in. More often it is their opponents who claim they have no reason. That is not the same thing.

IronicParticle wrote:Thus in order to have any faith, you lack any evidence/reason FOR... even despite the inherent evidence/reason AGAINST.

Incorrect by definition. Lacking proof does not mean lacking any evidence or reason.
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:34 pm

Yeah, there's plenty of reasons I believe in the reveal. Some of the early PR after the game was released, some of the more recent hints, but more importantly, the overwhelming amount of foreshadowing in the game that the whole thing isn't over yet.

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by BatmanTurian on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:57 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Yeah, there's plenty of reasons I believe in the reveal. Some of the early PR after the game was released, some of the more recent hints, but more importantly, the overwhelming amount of foreshadowing in the game that the whole thing isn't over yet.

I agree. Too many weird things going on and in fiction there are no coincidences. Somebody is always at the helm planning the story out. There is no way to go forward into a sequel (because why make a prequel or a parallel story- boring) without making one or more of the endings canon. At some point, inconsistencies will have to be explained. They know their audience won't put up with this forever. Even people somewhat satisfied with the endings aren't truly satisfied with all of it.

At some point, Bioware will have to pay the piper. Maybe they're dreading that day or looking forward to it, depending on what they're planning and what their motivations and attitude concerning the fans is.
BatmanTurian
LOKI

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top