Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia - The Party Game

2 posters

Go down

Mafia - The Party Game Empty Mafia - The Party Game

Post by Restrider Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:55 pm

I have played some Mafia Mods for Starcraft II on the Battlenet and I have to say that it is a really interesting, thought-provoking game.

Basically, you have a town that is threatened by the Mafia and now the citizens want to get rid off this menace. However, during the meetings and trials, there are also Mafioso who try to get innocent people condemned. So, you have to gather clues or leave false hints, depending on your alignment.

Here is a Wikipedia entry on the game.

And here the website, where you can play Mafia with your browser.
Anyone interested?
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Mafia - The Party Game Empty Re: Mafia - The Party Game

Post by Raistlin Majere Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:02 am

Ah I know this game, played it at one of my friends Birthday recently. 15 people all with roles assigned.

Played with the Vigilante and Lover extra rules as well which led to some fun scenarios.

I remember in the first game where I was the games Doctor. One person had been revealed to be innocent and the next night I protected said person correctly guessing the Mafia would go for that person.

However the Vigilante for reasons I still don't fathom (likely choosing at random) decided to kill me.

Led to me smiling when I we were told a murder was prevented, but it vanished as I was told I was dead.

Super fun game.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:16 pm

Yep, there can be a lot of weird moments in Mafia.
I remember once being a bit bored and distracted throughout the game, because I picked the Survivor (only goal is to survive, duh).
The last rounds, where the godfather and two other towners and me were left, were really exciting. I turned the tides and managed to win the game for the town.
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down