Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If IT was ever disproven by Bioware....How would you like to go out?

+14
magnetite
shadoww6021
ZerebusPrime
GethJuggernautMKII
FreewheelinDylan
Charlie Sheen
Andromidius
Steelcan
Restrider
Allynna
DoomsdayDevice
dorktainian
Ghost Of Kesak11
Master Blaster
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

If IT was ever disproven by Bioware....How would you like to go out? Empty If IT was ever disproven by Bioware....How would you like to go out?

Post by Master Blaster Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:51 am

If IT is disproven, and literalist, and trolls come on here, and the IT group on the BSN....How would you like to go down? You can either post links to movies, tv shows final stands, or book sections of the final stand.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

If IT was ever disproven by Bioware....How would you like to go out? Empty Re: If IT was ever disproven by Bioware....How would you like to go out?

Post by Ghost Of Kesak11 Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:09 am

If I had to like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCtuZ-fDL2E
IT'ers= Samurai
Trolls,bioware, ect. = Chinese, Japanese(what ever they are).

Ghost Of Kesak11
Ghost Of Kesak11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

If IT was ever disproven by Bioware....How would you like to go out? Empty Re: If IT was ever disproven by Bioware....How would you like to go out?

Post by dorktainian Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:37 am

nuke the citadel. if i'm going out, i'm taking the rest of you bassas with me.

Harbinger
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:01 pm

"If IT was disproved..?"

Listen to yourself!

You're indoctrinated!

Javik

If IT was ever disproven by Bioware....How would you like to go out? ListenToYourself
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Allynna Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:02 pm

Allynna
Allynna
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:16 pm

Regardless of how it would turn out...
It would be my turn.
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Of Kesak11 Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:09 pm

If they do announce IT being disproven and endings will not change or when I have played their final dlc I have a letter im going on bsn that I have been working on announcing my discontinued support of bioware. Creating it while hoping I wont post it.

Last edited by Kesak11 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ghost Of Kesak11
Ghost Of Kesak11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Steelcan Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:28 pm

I'd link to MB's speeches
Steelcan
Steelcan
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:43 pm

I doubt they will. They've gone out of their way to say its viable, but never prove or disprove it.

If they did, I'd lose all respect for them and their art. The main thing about art is it needs to be interpretable. If you're told "No, you're wrong!" then its not art anymore.

And if I don't respect Bioware, well. No more purchases ever again.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Sheen Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:45 pm

Andromidius wrote:
If they did, I'd lose all respect for them and their art. The main thing about art is it needs to be interpretable. If you're told "No, you're wrong!" then its not art anymore.
By that same logic, IT shouldn't be declared true because then the art wouldn't be interpretable?
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen
STG

Back to top Go down

Post by FreewheelinDylan Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:01 pm

If permitted, I would like Andromidius to shut down the forums and cut off any access from the outside.

Then, long after ME3 has died out. He will PM the top posters and lead a charge into BSN to disrupt Bioware's central network.

They will warn the next great game series about EA and how it used Bioware to make money before destroying them.
FreewheelinDylan
FreewheelinDylan
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:05 pm

But see Andro, that's the point.

I'm all for endings being interpretable, BUT...

If IT is true, then there is no ending. The story isn't over.

So if you could interpret the ending as being indoctrination, and it would still be an ending, then there'd be no need for a reveal.

But that's the thing. IT implies Reapers weren't destroyed, crucible never fired, Shepard still in London.

If you believe one interpretation, the story is over. If you believe the other, the story is not over. It's that simple.

The only way for the ending to be IT and have Bioware never follow up on it, is if some version of the deception theory is true. But it can't be, because it makes even less sense than the literal endings. That's what makes deception theory so contrived. Ironically, most literalists on BSN think deception theory makes more sense than IT. Go figure.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:47 pm

If IT is untrue and the trolls attack in full force, we HOLD THE LINE.

If IT was ever disproven by Bioware....How would you like to go out? KirrahePoster-1
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Allynna Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:13 am

^
Winner.
Allynna
Allynna
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:58 am

Seems people are having reading comprehension difficulties today.

I've ALWAYS been of the opinion IT shouldn't be 'proven'. That cheapens it.

What I said was it shouldn't be DISPROVEN.

LEARN TO READ.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Sheen Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:16 am

No need to be rude. This isn't BSN.

I just assumed that since you are on an IT forum, you would be in favor of IT being proven.

I disagree that art has to be interpretable to be art anyway, at least in anything so major as the ending of the series or the fate of the main characters. If that's true then 99% of movies aren't art.
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen
STG

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:51 am

Whatever, I made my point.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:02 am

There are many variables at play with an IT or Literalist confirmation. I would react to a shades of gray confirmation that retrospectively makes sense much more favorably than a black and white literalist confirmation that declares all IT'ers to be misguided zealots.

It is entirely possible for BioWare to weave an ending that uses Indoctrination and altered perceptions but still has the Crucible fire... so long as it only really fires in the Destroy choice... or does something entirely unexpected and unrelated to any of the three choices. I would be ok with this.

At the other end of the spectrum, if Synthesis is made canon I may become physically ill.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by shadoww6021 Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:33 am

fighting
If IT was ever disproven by Bioware....How would you like to go out? Shoot
If IT was ever disproven by Bioware....How would you like to go out? LotSB-LiaraBiotics
If IT was ever disproven by Bioware....How would you like to go out? LotSB-RightHook
If IT was ever disproven by Bioware....How would you like to go out? JackPUNCH
If IT was ever disproven by Bioware....How would you like to go out? Surprise
If IT was ever disproven by Bioware....How would you like to go out? 6850039765_c39c7432c2_o
shadoww6021
shadoww6021
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:58 am

A big hellish firestorm that kills everything including the Starchild as well as all the literalists on the BSN would be good enough for me.

Mass Effect trilogy would be a one way trip for many people. Most will not be coming back. It's a suicide mission.

Would be my guess. Laughing

I still think Bioware is just going to give us more clues though.
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Of Kesak11 Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:58 pm

Allynna wrote:^
Winner.
Already did that once, Could do it again :)
Ghost Of Kesak11
Ghost Of Kesak11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Davik Kang Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:08 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
The only way for the ending to be IT and have Bioware never follow up on it, is if some version of the deception theory is true. But it can't be, because it makes even less sense than the literal endings. That's what makes deception theory so contrived. Ironically, most literalists on BSN think deception theory makes more sense than IT. Go figure.
Oi!! I reckon only the Decision Chamber is imaginary, and no way does that make less sense than the Literal endings! To this day I still think it makes more sense than IT too!! And I ain't alone!!

However if they came out and said nah, Synth is best ending, ME4 will be post-Synth and the Breath Scene was just an Easter Egg for 'traditional' players - come on, even as I'm typing it, how completely ridiculous does that sound?

Did you guys ever see the hour-long press conference where Pat Weekes, Mike Gamble and others talked about the EC, Tali's racism and other things (as well as briefly touvhing on IT but dismissing a prolonged discussion) - sure, it's possible these guys figured Synthesis is the answer to the galaxy's problems... but really?

Thread seems highly hypothetical to me.
Davik Kang
Davik Kang
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:56 am

Davik Kang wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:
Oi!! I reckon only the Decision Chamber is imaginary, and no way does that make less sense than the Literal endings! To this day I still think it makes more sense than IT too!! And I ain't alone!!

However if they came out and said nah, Synth is best ending, ME4 will be post-Synth and the Breath Scene was just an Easter Egg for 'traditional' players - come on, even as I'm typing it, how completely ridiculous does that sound?

Did you guys ever see the hour-long press conference where Pat Weekes, Mike Gamble and others talked about the EC, Tali's racism and other things (as well as briefly touvhing on IT but dismissing a prolonged discussion) - sure, it's possible these guys figured Synthesis is the answer to the galaxy's problems... but really?

Thread seems highly hypothetical to me.

Fair points.

But your interpretation isn't deception theory. It's more like walking nightmare theory.

Deception theory is, everything is literal but the catalyst is trying to trick Shepard out of destroy. Blank
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Davik Kang Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:16 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
Fair points.

But your interpretation isn't deception theory. It's more like walking nightmare theory.

Deception theory is, everything is literal but the catalyst is trying to trick Shepard out of destroy. Blank
Yeah, it's sort of in-between WNT and Deception, which are in-between IT and Literal.

Still, there are more than just the outlined possibilities :)

Whether we'll ever find out for sure... I guess one thing is, you'd think Bioware would want us to know what they'd intended if Indoctrination is indeed used at the end. But maybe they are artists of such integrity that tye'll allow the intent to rest within the imaginations of their followers... ah, if only that would be enough to sell blockbuster games tongue
Davik Kang
Davik Kang
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by noobcannon Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:24 am

major breaking bad spoilers for those who haven't seen the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoAWzdAVuTo&t=1m51s

Ninja Stan: "Last chance to look at me noobcannon..."
noobcannon
noobcannon
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next