Headsets You Use

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Headsets You Use

Post by CmdrShep80 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:31 am

I'm wondering what kind of headsets people use for their games. Mine's a Plantronics 780. If anyone has one of these, I have some sounds for you to listen to. This headset I use really picks up all the little sounds we don't really notice and really makes it pop out

A Translation of the Final Decision Chamber
What the Crucible Does - An Attempt to Explain How it Works

So, the VI was Right After All...
Was the Beam Run a Hallucination?
Spock=Byne; Chekov=Commander Shepard; Melkotions=Reapers; Setting=Decision Chamber; Kirk/McCoy=The players
CmdrShep80
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Re: Headsets You Use

Post by windsurfing on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:21 am

HD 598 Sennheiser.

That and Dolby Headphone switched on if your sound card supports it and you are in surround sound field bliss when it comes to games with decent sound mixing and audio engines.

Its an open back headset with audiophile range frequency response, It perfect for games and music alike. Its bass is not over exaggerated like garbage grade stuff from Dr Beats or Skullcandy and other fashion like headsets. These are serious headphones for the serious sound enthusiast.

If you are into boomy bass this headphone is not for you. Its only meant for accurate sound reproduction as the artists and sound directors intended it to be like.

The bass is rich and deep and just sounds natural. The sound stage is wide and great in its imaging. Of course higher end models from them are even better but for the price HD 598 is great for 249.99 USD. The high range is good. No distortion at all, just clear reproduction. Most headphones struggle in the mid range and this headphone impresses.

The open back design may concern some users as it leaks sound but its also the reason for its extraordinary sound staging.

Similar classes of headphones can be had from other great brands like AKG, Beyerdynamic, Shure, Audio Technica etc.
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:37 am

Sennheiser HD 212 Pro. I used to have a headset with a mic, but it broke, so I replaced it with these headphones. Very nice.
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by invetro on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:50 am

Turtle beach px21. I had a generic Game store headset before that, and the difference in quality is amazeballs.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChhncq2NBuQMAEJxxOcSBqA

Back to top Go down

Post by Humakt on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:17 pm

Sennheiser HD 280 PRO, comfy headset though it is starting to show signs of use.

Nightmare

http://www.celestialheavens.com/thundermaps/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top