Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:02 pm

There are so many reasons why this DLC wont be exclusively pre ending. Let me count the ways...

1) It makes no sense at all for Shepard to buy an apartment in the middle of the what is essentially the apocalypse? Especially considering we already know what will be come of this apartment once we get to Cronus station. If this is Bioware's idea of listening to fans I dont even.....

2) It also doesn't make sense for Shepard to invite the entire squad cast of ME1 +2+3 over for a party in the middle of said apocalypse. It utterly ruins the pacing. Most of ME3 involves the Reapers gaining the upper hand in almost every battle despite the Normandy crew's best efforts. Could you imagine starting the 'party down' portion of this DLC right after the fall of Thessia? So Liara goes through a long period of mourning and nearly kills Javik with biotics, then suddenly she's ready to dance and drink the night away. Seems Legit.

3) As for this massive mission that includes all squad mates, it makes little sense for this to take place before Earth. Shepard's squadmates are all off doing their own thing up until priority Earth. Many of them deny Shepard's request to join the Normandy crew because whatever they're dealing with is more important.

4) Does it make sense for Shepard to say his good bye's in the middle of the game, and then do it AGAIN at Priority: Earth? It's about as awkward as parting ways with someone and walking in the same direction.

5) This reason is the most important. Because Bioware put themselves on the spot with this DLC with claims that this is their last ME3 DLC and they have listened to the fans. This means that this is their last chance to wow the fans and win back the one's who've walked away from Mass Effect. The two biggest demands fans have made are closure, and an ending that makes sense.. Anything else is secondary. It all comes down to this DLC. Either Bioware delivers, or they're sunk.

If you ask me, my money is on Bioware delivering an excellent DLC that truly shows they've listened to the fans. I saw we rest easy and trust the writers.

PS3 ID: HJL14J ~~~~~~~ The ending is simply a pop quiz to see if you, the player, payed attention to the themes and messages present within the trilogy.
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:16 pm

I have to agree.

If they don't do this, I will forever be confused about the whole thing.

"It's... not right. It looks pretty, calm and peaceful, but it's not right. It's all just an illusion."

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by leafs43 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:18 pm

It won't have anything post ending.

It is going to be a big download file because they are going to have cutscenes for every romance option. Not because its going to have a lot of gameplay.

Just come to terms with the fact that EAware only made this DLC to bilk money out of people who want to see some cameos of past characters.

leafs43
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:21 pm

If it did contain (post-)ending content, there's no way they would confirm it.

All we can do is wait and see on March 5th.

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by invetro on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:29 pm

I like your optimism. I also like how Weekes, even though he is backing Jess up on twitter, refuses to outright say no to post-chronos content. Hmmm.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChhncq2NBuQMAEJxxOcSBqA

Back to top Go down

Post by HYR 2.1 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:47 pm

GethJuggernautMKII wrote:There are so many reasons why this DLC wont be exclusively pre ending. Let me count the ways...

1) It makes no sense at all for Shepard to buy an apartment in the middle of the what is essentially the apocalypse? Especially considering we already know what will be come of this apartment once we get to Cronus station. If this is Bioware's idea of listening to fans I dont even.....

Yeah, well, my Shepard owns a literal trophy-apartment. He's cool like that. Then again, this was back when he had 99999999999999 credits -- and buying things would not actually ever reduce that total, either.

2) It also doesn't make sense for Shepard to invite the entire squad cast of ME1 +2+3 over for a party in the middle of said apocalypse. It utterly ruins the pacing. Most of ME3 involves the Reapers gaining the upper hand in almost every battle despite the Normandy crew's best efforts. Could you imagine starting the 'party down' portion of this DLC right after the fall of Thessia? So Liara goes through a long period of mourning and nearly kills Javik with biotics, then suddenly she's ready to dance and drink the night away. Seems Legit.

That's pretty normal behavior, actually.

Anyway, I'm a simple man, I have simple needs. If this DLC delivers another fun mission to play, I'll be happy with it. Looking forward to one last hurrah with ole Shepster.

afro
HYR 2.1
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Humakt on Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:10 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:I have to agree.

"It's... not right. It looks pretty, calm and peaceful, but it's not right. It's all just an illusion."

Bioware might not have balls to show people that each and every ending actually leads to defeat.

Crucible is a trap, alien forces getting decimated by the Reapers and the allied Earth invasion force is failing.

Unless... the third dream never ended.....

Nightmare

http://www.celestialheavens.com/thundermaps/

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing on Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:29 pm

Humakt83 wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:I have to agree.

Bioware might not have balls to show people that each and every ending actually leads to defeat.

Crucible is a trap, alien forces getting decimated by the Reapers and the allied Earth invasion force is failing.

Unless... the third dream never ended.....

Yeah more a of case of are they ready to take the tough road and inevitably piss off those control freaks and synthesis lovers? Even if they modified from the 3rd dream on-wards it really is a case of do they have the guts?

Well so far I can only see wimps. Wimpware not Bioware.
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:55 pm

Full agreement OP. Full.

Back to top Go down

Post by stargate1990 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:52 pm

i agree fully :)

Destroying the Reapers is the only choice, give them no leeway

PSN ID:istandalone1990@hotmail.co.uk (i don't have ME3 on here but feel free to add me as a friend)
stargate1990
LOKI

Location : Bored stuck under rubble waiting for Bioware to fix it

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:59 pm

hang on.

what if you go to the citadel and are captured? What if everything after that is a part of a simulation you are plugged into by whoever captured you? In that way they wouldnt have to change the ending - but the additional context would tell the whole story?

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:16 pm

Hale said to trust the writers, so that's what I'm going to do. Fans want the endings to make sense, IT is the only way for the endings to make sense.

Sorry HYR, I read everything you've written on synthesis, but that ending choice does not make sense to me nor do I view it as an ethical choice.

PS3 ID: HJL14J ~~~~~~~ The ending is simply a pop quiz to see if you, the player, payed attention to the themes and messages present within the trilogy.
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokanaiya on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:45 pm

Agreed. And here, I posted this in the megathread last night but I think it fits:

This has to be the reveal DLC. I mean, come on, everything fits-- or, rather, a lot of things fit with IT and the rest don't fit with anything else.

For one, look at what little we already know of the DLC. Those strange shadowy figures in one of the pictures have been pointed out already, in another there's Shepard wearing a normal, casual outfit when everyone else, even James, is wearing formal attire. He sticks out like a sore thumb. In the background of the same picture, there's also the orange painting of a Reaper-like thing-- A painting that was first seen in Donovan Hock's house, then later popped up repeatedly in London, but nowhere else. There's something off about that. There's also the fact that they aren't releasing a trailer for the DLC, even when, if it's what they say, there's no reason not to and it could only help. The DLC is also massive, more than 2 gig. I doubt a social and investigative DLC would be that large. ;)

Also, just ignore what Chris Priestly and Jessica say, they've never been trustworthy in the past, so there's no reason they should be now. As I said within the last few pages, it's getting so that Faux "News" is more reliable than them.

Bioware also isn't stupid. They know that this is their last chance to save themselves and the Mass Effect franchise, and even if they wanted to leave the ending the way it is because of "artistic integrity" or whatever, EA wouldn't let them. They're too greedy to let a massive reputation and sales boost like IT go to waste, and they aren't going to let Bioware just fail either. Both the Mass Effect franchise and Bioware itself have too much monetary potential for the rEApers to let fail. It's not time for the harvest quite yet. Wink

That not convincing you? Then just remember all of the other evidence. The sheer absurdity of the ending hasn't changed, and neither have the many, many illogical things in it. Harby's laser should still have fried Shepard to a crisp, and TIM still can't make oily shadows appear out of nowhere. Anderson's little pep talk still shouldn't be worth 1000 EMS points, and shooting a tube to turn something on still makes just as much sense as electrocuting yourself to transfer your mind to a computer. (in other words, it doesn't) Bioware has taken time to write and check all sorts of science to make their ships, guns, and so much else scientifically accurate-- They wouldn't throw all that hard work out the window just to give everyone green lines or to make a badly injured human survive being at the epicenter of an explosion the size of a few million Hiroshima bombs. And so, so much else... The evidence hasn't changed over the last few months, and the ending still cannot simply cannot be real.

There's more to this than meets the eye. You know it, I know it, we all know it. There's got to be a reveal at some point, and this DLC, being released almost a year after ME3 and having so many things off about it, is it.

It's time for Shepard to wake up. Harbinger
Lokanaiya
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by noobcannon on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:48 pm

i've brought this up elsewhere and for some reason i haven't seen anyone else asking this....but...

Chris Priestly has said more than once now that this new dlc will take place anytime after the citadel coup and BEFORE London on Earth. now, the first time he said this i thought maybe he messed up and meant before the cerberus base, but he reiterated it again this morning.

so let me get this straight, and feel free to point out anything i'm missing here, but after the cerberus base and after you kill leng, the reapers have hi jacked the citadel, moved it to earth, locked it up and surrounded it with reaper capital ships..... and at that point, if we want to start the dlc we can.....

thoughts? feel free to call me out on this if i've overlooked something, but i'm still scratching my head over this. i mean, i know the normandy has that reaper iff and stealth drive and all, but this still doesn't seem even remotely possible.

"You thought you were so special? Better than everyone else outside this room? You traded your freedom for the luxury of feeling superior. You accepted the group's will over your own conviction, no matter who you hurt. You thought you were just "going along for the ride", and you could just walk away at any moment. But where were you heading? How far would you have gone?"
noobcannon
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Either he's mistaken, and he means Cronos (plausible), or he has no idea what he's talking about (not very plausible), or he's deliberately spreading misinformation, either to confuse people or to hint that something is up.

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:27 pm

I think I found a little clue left by Bioware using their Djinn-level of clever wordplay.

In the Citadel DLC description, it say "and rekindle romances". Well, this has bothered me. Why would yyou need to rekindle something that never stopped. Then I got to thinking that at the FOB in London, Shepard says goodbye to all squadmates and the LI. Shepard says this in a very solemn matter, acting like they won't come back even though Shepard assures the LI they are coming back. This can be perceived as unkindling the romance, in the sense that if Shepard dies, they want their LI to move on. Suddenly, Bioware using the term "rekindle" made sense now.

This is just my interpretation, so don't get hopes up in case this is wrong. I just felt like pointing this out.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:35 pm

Ok, lifted from main thread, because this is important, IMO:

"Uncover the truth and fight alongside your squad – as well as the cast from the original Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2"

FIGHT alongside the cast from all three games?

What else could it be, besides Suicide Mission 2.0?!

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Allynna on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:38 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Ok, lifted from main thread, because this is important, IMO:

"Uncover the truth and fight alongside your squad – as well as the cast from the original Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2"

FIGHT alongside the cast from all three games?

What else could it be, besides Suicide Mission 2.0?!

I am getting excited again... bounce

Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by ThisOneIsPunny on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:38 pm

Selim Bradley wrote:I think I found a little clue left by Bioware using their Djinn-level of clever wordplay.

In the Citadel DLC description, it say "and rekindle romances". Well, this has bothered me. Why would yyou need to rekindle something that never stopped. Then I got to thinking that at the FOB in London, Shepard says goodbye to all squadmates and the LI. Shepard says this in a very solemn matter, acting like they won't come back even though Shepard assures the LI they are coming back. This can be perceived as unkindling the romance, in the sense that if Shepard dies, they want their LI to move on. Suddenly, Bioware using the term "rekindle" made sense now.

This is just my interpretation, so don't get hopes up in case this is wrong. I just felt like pointing this out.

This definitely made me think that we're not just getting extra LI content throughout the game but also snuck in post ending. Whether that's going to coincide with IT, only time will tell.

My general belief is that they're going to go out the same way they started with this dlc cycle. Really fucking creepy story dlc involving the reapers, the leviathans, and of course indoctrination. The changes post end might also be subtle, the way the Leviathan content was, and I'm not really worried about that with "Mass Effect 4" and the probable "Project X" on the horizon. But I do know that some of you probably wouldn't like that??

Shruggot.
ThisOneIsPunny
LOKI

Back to top Go down

Post by noobcannon on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:50 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Either he's mistaken, and he means Cronos (plausible), or he has no idea what he's talking about (not very plausible), or he's deliberately spreading misinformation, either to confuse people or to hint that something is up.

the thing that gets me is he said it twice over 2 days without correcting it, even after me and others have asked him if he meant cronos and not london.

"You thought you were so special? Better than everyone else outside this room? You traded your freedom for the luxury of feeling superior. You accepted the group's will over your own conviction, no matter who you hurt. You thought you were just "going along for the ride", and you could just walk away at any moment. But where were you heading? How far would you have gone?"
noobcannon
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by leafs43 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:56 pm

This DLC occurs probably right before chronos.

Because if characters like jacob are in it, you would have to of done his mission already.

Not to mention.....Jacob being in it would be kinda awkward, especially for a male shepard.

leafs43
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:58 pm

leafs43 wrote:This DLC occurs probably right before chronos.

Because if characters like jacob are in it, you would have to of done his mission already.

Not to mention.....Jacob being in it would be kinda awkward, especially for a male shepard.
Why would it be awkward for male Shepards? The only people it'd be awkward for is the Femsheps who romanced him.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by leafs43 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:00 am

Selim Bradley wrote:
leafs43 wrote:This DLC occurs probably right before chronos.

Why would it be awkward for male Shepards? The only people it'd be awkward for is the Femsheps who romanced him.

Sorry, I meant a gay male shep.

It's be slightly awkward that Jacob runs off with a woman earlier in the game then comes back and wants to be butt buddies one last time, don't you think?

leafs43
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Sheen on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:36 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:If it did contain (post-)ending content, there's no way they would confirm it.

Best way for IT post-ending DLC would be a confirmation cliffhangar in one DLC and then the final battle in the next.
Charlie Sheen
STG

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:42 am

Drewton wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:If it did contain (post-)ending content, there's no way they would confirm it.

Best way for IT post-ending DLC would be a confirmation cliffhangar in one DLC and then the final battle in the next.

Maybe, but what's funny though is this:

FIGHT alongside the ENTIRE CAST of all three games?

That sounds:

1. Huge
2. Epic
3. Epicly huge
and
4. Hugely epic

What the foodfreezing fuck are we fighting? Cerberus LOL?

What else could it be, but suicide mission 2.0?

With every squad member EVER?

I don't want to get my hopes up, but I don't know man. It sounds BIG.

Not to mention "Uncover the truth..."!

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top