Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by Ghost Of Kesak11 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:44 pm

Nice post. I though I saw something on the citadel and London that he said he made a mistake and its before Cronos. Could be wrong and I dont have the source.

"Be ready, I wouldn't be surprised if this button summoned a Reaper."
Proud IT Theorist and Talimancer.
"I want more time" - Tali Tali
Ghost Of Kesak11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by leafs43 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:48 pm

SwobyJ wrote:
leafs43 wrote:
GethJuggernautMKII wrote:Let's talk about the truth uncovering and fighting that's supposed to occur with the entire squad cast of the trilogy.

Theres no way they're going to have 15+ squadmates show up just to take on a mission Shepard can handle with 2 squadmates. As DD said, this massive fight screams post ending content.

Also the tear jerker moments dont make much sense if they're pre ending. It ruins the game's pacing if you ask me.

I've also considered dumping this thread on BSN just to see those idiots overreact. You think they'd want post ending content more than anyone. What better way is there to expand on their sick control and synthesis fantasies?

I have a feeling some of us Grunt fans are going to be disappointed.

I bet Bioware only uses Wrex and previous romance options only. And I bet it will be all auto dialog save your previous fling.

Zaeed is a romance option?

The voice actor for Zaeed passed away not to long ago. Doubt they will use Zaeed at all.

leafs43
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:52 pm

RavenEyry wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:
RavenEyry wrote:"It's that dream again, the one with the giant ship in the presidium, and all my friends turning to ash"

Exactly!!!!

Arrival DLC - Datapad of one of the indoctrinated scientists: I woke up this morning in a cold sweat. The nightmare was back, the one with the enormous starship crawling through the Citadel and all my friends turning to dust. Even now I can see it in my mind. Why won’t this stop?

Shocked

affraid

MIND = BLOWN
Thanks, I've posted that three times today and you're the first to notice.

I wasn't on, great find!

Funny, only a couple of weeks ago I added that one to the IT quotes collection, Jarrod_L came up with it.

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Of Kesak11 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:56 pm

leafs43 wrote:
SwobyJ wrote:
leafs43 wrote:
GethJuggernautMKII wrote:Let's talk about the truth uncovering and fighting that's supposed to occur with the entire squad cast of the trilogy.

Theres no way they're going to have 15+ squadmates show up just to take on a mission Shepard can handle with 2 squadmates. As DD said, this massive fight screams post ending content.

Also the tear jerker moments dont make much sense if they're pre ending. It ruins the game's pacing if you ask me.

I've also considered dumping this thread on BSN just to see those idiots overreact. You think they'd want post ending content more than anyone. What better way is there to expand on their sick control and synthesis fantasies?

I have a feeling some of us Grunt fans are going to be disappointed.

I bet Bioware only uses Wrex and previous romance options only. And I bet it will be all auto dialog save your previous fling.

Zaeed is a romance option?

The voice actor for Zaeed passed away not to long ago. Doubt they will use Zaeed at all.

According to bioware they worked with the VA before his death

"Be ready, I wouldn't be surprised if this button summoned a Reaper."
Proud IT Theorist and Talimancer.
"I want more time" - Tali Tali
Ghost Of Kesak11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:56 pm

leafs43 wrote:

They announced on twitter Zaeed's lines were done before his death and will feature.

Edit: Ninja
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:13 am

Andromidius wrote:Here's a thing.

The Normandy is already practically a luxury liner compared to most other warships. Its got a large mess hall, reasonably sized living quarters, a bar complete with a poker table, and a lounge with a small library. Not to mention Shepard's quarters are 5 Star Hotel worthy.

Why would Shepard need R&R with that level of comfort already?

One of the things I've noticed is that although there is a poker table, bar, etc, you can't interact with them. If Shepard wants to get smashed, he can't, because you can't pour yourself a drink (no interact button).

Mass Effect 2 had a bar that you could interact with on the Normandy.
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:09 am

This amount of secrecy for an R&R DLC with some tacked on conspiracy mission really doesn't make sense.

The PR is also playing down what's supposed to be their biggest and last DLC for ME3.

These two things don't add up and definitely suggest they're hiding something big with this DLC.

PS3 ID: HJL14J ~~~~~~~ The ending is simply a pop quiz to see if you, the player, payed attention to the themes and messages present within the trilogy.
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:16 am

I'm wondering if Joker's line isn't a clue about a DLC that has been planned from the beginning. As in, when you hear an advertisement for a DLC with apartments, Blasto, etc, we're supposed to recognize it as being a facade.
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:27 am

They'll probably spill everything the day before the DLC goes live. Until then they are probably going to keep it quiet. It'll probably blow our minds. I mean if it's not a great DLC, why all the secrecy and silence? Not to mention only giving us a few scraps of pictures and tidbits to speculate on.
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:51 am

magnetite wrote:They'll probably spill everything the day before the DLC goes live. Until then they are probably going to keep it quiet. It'll probably blow our minds. I mean if it's not a great DLC, why all the secrecy and silence? Not to mention only giving us a few scraps of pictures and tidbits to speculate on.

Yeah, I'm hoping for something or either Monday or Friday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:27 am

magnetite wrote:They'll probably spill everything the day before the DLC goes live. Until then they are probably going to keep it quiet. It'll probably blow our minds. I mean if it's not a great DLC, why all the secrecy and silence? Not to mention only giving us a few scraps of pictures and tidbits to speculate on.
I don't think they'll spill anything. Remember Gamble's quote: "the content will speak for itself".
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:09 pm

Agreed with LDS.

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:19 pm

This is why I'll
a) not watch ANY trailer
and
b) Will try avoiding the internet (including this forum) as much as possible on Tuesday, hell, probably even on Monday.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:29 pm

PatrickWeekes ‏@PatrickWeekes

Some fans mistakenly thought we started work on Citadel DLC in December 2012. That would have been a VERY short timeline. :)

--------------------------------------------

PatrickWeekes ‏@PatrickWeekes

We actually began planning not long after ME3 shipped and did most of our writing in... late summer? It's been a long road. :)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider on Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:29 pm

MaximizedAction wrote:
This is why I'll
a) not watch ANY trailer
and
b) Will try avoiding the internet (including this forum) as much as possible on Tuesday, hell, probably even on Monday.

Same for me, though I would not avoid the internet, since I wouldn't be able to download the DLC... :EDI:
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrod_L on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:32 pm

Guys, guys... Don't get your hopes up about this DLC - save yourselves the disappointment later.

I predict the DLC won't alter the ending, or anything ending-related at all. Instead it's going to be a character-focused, dialog-focused story, full of fun moments with our favourite characters. And it's going to be AWESOME in that respect.

If Bioware was going to do the reveal about IT, they'd want to do it properly and in a way that'd impress the awesomeness of what they have done upon everyone. This is impossible to do in a DLC format - even technically. The sheer amount of content required would not fit even in 4 Gb they've promised for the Citadel. Instead, it needs a full-scale new game and a full-fledged 2-3 years development cycle to do properly.

A new game which - oh, wait - they have already announced.

Jarrod_L
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:36 pm

So this dlc was over 3/4 of a year in the making? Hmmmmm.....

PS3 ID: HJL14J ~~~~~~~ The ending is simply a pop quiz to see if you, the player, payed attention to the themes and messages present within the trilogy.
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:16 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:I'm wondering if Joker's line isn't a clue about a DLC that has been planned from the beginning. As in, when you hear an advertisement for a DLC with apartments, Blasto, etc, we're supposed to recognize it as being a facade.
As in that stuff never appears, the advert is an illusion? I like that idea. Doubt it, but plausible.
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Its not everyday there's lines in a vanilla game ridiculing the very concept of a yet to be released DLC.

GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:58 pm

Jarrod_L wrote:Guys, guys... Don't get your hopes up about this DLC - save yourselves the disappointment later.

I predict the DLC won't alter the ending, or anything ending-related at all. Instead it's going to be a character-focused, dialog-focused story, full of fun moments with our favourite characters. And it's going to be AWESOME in that respect.

If Bioware was going to do the reveal about IT, they'd want to do it properly and in a way that'd impress the awesomeness of what they have done upon everyone. This is impossible to do in a DLC format - even technically. The sheer amount of content required would not fit even in 4 Gb they've promised for the Citadel. Instead, it needs a full-scale new game and a full-fledged 2-3 years development cycle to do properly.

A new game which - oh, wait - they have already announced.

lol

To be fair, 4GB is more than 1/2 the size of an Xbox360 disk. Not counting all the base assets that are covered by the main game itself, a 4GB DLC, as long as it isn't taken up by tons of uselessly bloaded-sized videos (hi EC)...

...its pretty much a FULL EXPANSION :)

Not getting ahead of myself - just stating what is possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:31 pm

Here's another reason: That legend save. What's up with that?

GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by boeloe on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:30 pm

noobcannon wrote:

So Shepard is going on a mission to find out if it makes sense to go on that mission. lolwut? scratch

Bossfight with a giant red herring + his troll face minion is perhaps in the cards too?

Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:31 am

Selim Bradley wrote:
I don't think they'll spill anything. Remember Gamble's quote: "the content will speak for itself".

I keep forgetting about that. Embarassed
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by NebuchadnezzaRT on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:21 pm

Like many others on here, I'm stuck in limbo. I can't decide if I should get my hopes up or keep them low just in case... I mean wasn't the Citadel DLC leaked long ago? It's hard to keep hope up in IT (no matter how fervently one believes) when that light at the end of the tunnel is approaching very, very fast. Fingers crossed guys, this may really be our last ride.
NebuchadnezzaRT
Geth Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post by noobcannon on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:05 am

seems like they've been deleting IT threads on bsn the last day or two and not just locking them. thoughts?

"You thought you were so special? Better than everyone else outside this room? You traded your freedom for the luxury of feeling superior. You accepted the group's will over your own conviction, no matter who you hurt. You thought you were just "going along for the ride", and you could just walk away at any moment. But where were you heading? How far would you have gone?"
noobcannon
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top