Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by Andromidius on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:16 am

Stating the obvious. They've even admitted they only lock threads that get reported - and the only people who abuse reporting are anti-ITers, who also spam IT in threads they dislike in order to justify it.

Its very poor management.
avatar
Andromidius
Admin

Posts : 1153
Join date : 2013-01-07

http://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by magnetite on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:06 am

Andromidius wrote:Stating the obvious. They've even admitted they only lock threads that get reported - and the only people who abuse reporting are anti-ITers, who also spam IT in threads they dislike in order to justify it.

Its very poor management.

Does this fit within the context of the BSN regarding rules and forum moderation?

Regarding post ending content. As we know, Shepard is still lying there in the rubble. The Reapers are still there and the story isn't over yet. Therefore, the end of the trilogy (last DLC) will be the end of Shepard's story.

I know, Shepard may be in Mass Effect 4, which is possible, but I don't know if he/she will be a playable character and the main protagonist. May just be in the game as someone like Anderson or Hackett. Don't know unless they put some trailers out or something.
avatar
magnetite
Brute

Posts : 709
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 33
Location : Calgary, AB, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by Sammuthegreat on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:07 pm

Re. OP - I agree. Everything points to the Citadel DLC opening up post-ending content that will change the ending.

But everything's been pointing to that for the past year, and the ending hasn't changed yet. Seeing as nearly everything BioWare has done since ME3 released has flown in the face of logic, I'm incapable of believing that they've finally done the right (and sensible) thing and released any new ending-related content. Regardless of how you feel about Merizan or Priestly, no company in their right mind would sanction the sort of PR those two have come out with, and no company in their right mind would lie as outright to their fans as BioWare will have done if the ending changes with the Citadel DLC.

If Citadel ends up redeeming BioWare entirely, then I'll be the happiest chappy in the world. But I really, seriously doubt it will.

Sammuthegreat
Pod Crab

Posts : 32
Join date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:01 pm

Look at this way. The likely hood of a dlc 1 yr in the making with every writter and VA on board not affecting the ending is slim to none. Theres no need to shroud a dlc in secrecy the way they have if the PRs comments suggest the dlc will be fun, but overall underwhelming.

_________________

PS3 ID: HJL14J ~~~~~~~ The ending is simply a pop quiz to see if you, the player, payed attention to the themes and messages present within the trilogy.
avatar
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Posts : 401
Join date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by Sammuthegreat on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:13 pm

GethJuggernautMKII wrote:Look at this way. The likely hood of a dlc 1 yr in the making with every writter and VA on board not affecting the ending is slim to none. Theres no need to shroud a dlc in secrecy the way they have if the PRs comments suggest the dlc will be fun, but overall underwhelming.

(Assuming this was vaguely directed at me)

Again, totally agree - but my point is that however logical it is that Citadel will be the ending changer we want, I still don't think it will be. BioWare's track record over the last year shows that when there's an obvious right answer, they choose the other one every time.

At this stage I'm definitely choosing to expect the worst, at least my disappointment will be lesser.

Sammuthegreat
Pod Crab

Posts : 32
Join date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by Terramine on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:26 pm

Sammuthegreat wrote:
GethJuggernautMKII wrote:Look at this way. The likely hood of a dlc 1 yr in the making with every writter and VA on board not affecting the ending is slim to none. Theres no need to shroud a dlc in secrecy the way they have if the PRs comments suggest the dlc will be fun, but overall underwhelming.

(Assuming this was vaguely directed at me)

Again, totally agree - but my point is that however logical it is that Citadel will be the ending changer we want, I still don't think it will be. BioWare's track record over the last year shows that when there's an obvious right answer, they choose the other one every time.

At this stage I'm definitely choosing to expect the worst, at least my disappointment will be lesser.
My disappointment won't be lessened even if I'm pessimistic, this series means too much to ever be capable of coming to terms with it. So it would simply mean I'd be disappointed earlier rather than later, I'd prefer later thank you. Also, Bioware's career track record shows they are better than what we've observed in this measly 1 year. So, that's another reason to give them your trust 1 last time.

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2466
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 23
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by Sammuthegreat on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:53 pm

IronicParticle wrote:My disappointment won't be lessened even if I'm pessimistic, this series means too much to ever be capable of coming to terms with it. So it would simply mean I'd be disappointed earlier rather than later, I'd prefer later thank you. Also, Bioware's career track record shows they are better than what we've observed in this measly 1 year. So, that's another reason to give them your trust 1 last time.

I have no problem with that approach. I'm playing it safe this time, it's a win-win. If I'm wrong and the Citadel DLC does do what we all hope, then I'll be over the moon. If I'm right and it doesn't, I save money on future BioWare games and won't feel any more disappointed than I already do.

I know it's the glass-half-full approach, and generally I avoid such pessimism but I think it serves me best in this situation.

Sammuthegreat
Pod Crab

Posts : 32
Join date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by Terramine on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:12 pm

Sammuthegreat wrote:
IronicParticle wrote:My disappointment won't be lessened even if I'm pessimistic, this series means too much to ever be capable of coming to terms with it. So it would simply mean I'd be disappointed earlier rather than later, I'd prefer later thank you. Also, Bioware's career track record shows they are better than what we've observed in this measly 1 year. So, that's another reason to give them your trust 1 last time.

I have no problem with that approach. I'm playing it safe this time, it's a win-win. If I'm wrong and the Citadel DLC does do what we all hope, then I'll be over the moon. If I'm right and it doesn't, I save money on future BioWare games and won't feel any more disappointed than I already do.

I know it's the glass-half-full approach, and generally I avoid such pessimism but I think it serves me best in this situation.
Yeah my approach is for the sake that, as I said, I care too much about this series to come to terms with the idea of it failing. It's a personal reason.

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2466
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 23
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by ElSuperGecko on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:31 pm

If Bioware fail to even address the Indoctrination Theory, then they will have wasted the biggest storytelling opportunity that a gaming companty has ever had.

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-3/Indoctrination_Theory

_________________
avatar
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Posts : 800
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Lying unconcious in a pile of rebar and rubble...

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by Sammuthegreat on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:40 pm

ElSuperGecko wrote:If Bioware fail to even address the Indoctrination Theory, then they will have wasted the biggest storytelling opportunity that a gaming companty has ever had.

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-3/Indoctrination_Theory

Agreed 1000%.

Sammuthegreat
Pod Crab

Posts : 32
Join date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:13 pm

#biowarpls

_________________
"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
avatar
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Posts : 2960
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Probing Uranus

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by ElSuperGecko on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:34 pm

Seriously, the Indoctrination Theory has almost reached the level of an Alternate Reality Game.

Just look at the number of Youtube videos/documentaries, forum posts/commentaries/intepretation/pollss... hell, just look at this forum's stats (only online since January).

Then there's the BSN, GameFaqs, Hold The Line... the list goes on.

But for Bioware to capitalise on the hype, on the amount of dedication their fanbase has shown, they need to do something with it.

_________________
avatar
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Posts : 800
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Lying unconcious in a pile of rebar and rubble...

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:27 pm

ElSuperGecko wrote:If Bioware fail to even address the Indoctrination Theory, then they will have wasted the biggest storytelling opportunity that a gaming companty has ever had.

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-3/Indoctrination_Theory

Even IGN got bits and pieces of the theory wrong in the first few sentences. Shepard is undergoing the process. He's not indoctrinated until he chooses to ally himself with the Reapers. The understanding of indoctrination theory hinges on understanding how indoctrination works. With articles like this I can see why many fail to understand the theory and dismiss it as crazy talk.

_________________

PS3 ID: HJL14J ~~~~~~~ The ending is simply a pop quiz to see if you, the player, payed attention to the themes and messages present within the trilogy.
avatar
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Posts : 401
Join date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:30 pm

Back in march I didnt think it could be done, but regardless of their intentions Bioware has managed to keep people talking and speculating about this game for almost a full year.

The dedication and speculation will be rewarded.

_________________

PS3 ID: HJL14J ~~~~~~~ The ending is simply a pop quiz to see if you, the player, payed attention to the themes and messages present within the trilogy.
avatar
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Posts : 401
Join date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by Andromidius on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:10 pm

IGN needs a fact checker. Because they get things wrong almost as much as Kotaku.
avatar
Andromidius
Admin

Posts : 1153
Join date : 2013-01-07

http://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:19 pm

Andromidius wrote:IGN needs a fact checker. Because they get things wrong almost as much as Kotaku.

I lost faith in IGN a long time ago.

_________________

PS3 ID: HJL14J ~~~~~~~ The ending is simply a pop quiz to see if you, the player, payed attention to the themes and messages present within the trilogy.
avatar
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Posts : 401
Join date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by magnetite on Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:46 am

Well whatever happens, it's been one hell of a ride.

And, just for fun:

Joker: What do you mean, "whatever happens? Everyone knows what's going to happen. You're going to kick some Reaper ass. That's what you do"!
avatar
magnetite
Brute

Posts : 709
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 33
Location : Calgary, AB, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:03 am

magnetite wrote:Well whatever happens, it's been one hell of a ride.

And, just for fun:

Joker: What do you mean, "whatever happens? Everyone knows what's going to happen. You're going to kick some Reaper ass. That's what you do"!

Exactly. It's all buried in the data..I mean script. Joyful

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by magnetite on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:07 am

It's not over until the fat lady sings. I haven't heard anything yet.

Also, your avatar is a hint. Think that was included the N7 Collector's Edition (for consoles, not PC).
avatar
magnetite
Brute

Posts : 709
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 33
Location : Calgary, AB, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:18 am

magnetite wrote:It's not over until the fat lady sings. I haven't heard anything yet.

Also, your avatar is a hint. Think that was included the N7 Collector's Edition (for consoles, not PC). Pretty sure it is not fan art.

I know. I chose it for very specific reasons. :)

I may not post many *in-depth* analysis, but I have my own, also very specific, ideas about the story of Mass Effect. Sometimes it might mix in with your (broadly speaking 'your') interpretation, sometimes it may not. I've followed IT since March, and even the rumors about the Earth Child in the ME3 demo, and Shepard's Indoctrination since Arrival and ME2.

And so far, things are going 90% as I predicted. I'm actually surprised I'm that correct. I hope I'm on a roll... for all our sakes.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by magnetite on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:20 am

As I predicted several months ago, the final conclusion to the trilogy is this last DLC, and will finally put an end to the Reapers. Let's hope I was right.
avatar
magnetite
Brute

Posts : 709
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 33
Location : Calgary, AB, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:48 pm

I admit that when I made this thread I expected nothing but negativity and low expectations. I'm glad to see the majority of you are still optimistic about this DLC.

_________________

PS3 ID: HJL14J ~~~~~~~ The ending is simply a pop quiz to see if you, the player, payed attention to the themes and messages present within the trilogy.
avatar
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Posts : 401
Join date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by Terramine on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:06 pm

GethJuggernautMKII wrote:I admit that when I made this thread I expected nothing but negativity and low expectations. I'm glad to see the majority of you are still optimistic about this DLC.
No point in being negative, especially when it could go either way.. 50/50. Besides, right now... there is only 2 days left, what is 2 more days when we've been waiting a year?

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2466
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 23
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:27 pm

I am optimistic.

Things are not what they seem with this DLC.

Too much secrecy.

With a little luck, in a week time, we'll be watching people spitting out their drinks in youtube vids, as they play the "real ending to ME3". w00t

#biowarpls

_________________
"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
avatar
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Posts : 2960
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Probing Uranus

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by Terramine on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:52 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:I am optimistic.

Things are not what they seem with this DLC.

Too much secrecy.

With a little luck, in a week time, we'll be watching people spitting out their drinks in youtube vids, as they play the "real ending to ME3". w00t

#biowarpls
A week? Don't you mean 2 days? A week is 7 days, that's 5 extra days there lol

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2466
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 23
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the newest DLC will include post ending content.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum