(Not really) Important Questions ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

(Not really) Important Questions ...

Post by hukbum on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:32 pm

Just some questions that I've been thinking of lately. Not really IT related. Feel free to answer or add your own questions :)

Why is there not one Krogan on the Citadel in ME3?
(Well there's Wrex but only if you have to kill him ...)

Why are the Salarians ignored by the Reapers?

Think we can keep Aria's couch for ourselfs in the new DLC?

We have to feed the fish but not the hamster?
avatar
hukbum
Abomination

Posts : 223
Join date : 2013-01-12
Location : Berlin

Back to top Go down

Re: (Not really) Important Questions ...

Post by Raistlin Majere on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:46 pm

hukbum wrote:Just some questions that I've been thinking of lately. Not really IT related. Feel free to answer or add your own questions :)

Why is there not one Krogan on the Citadel in ME3?
(Well there's Wrex but only if you have to kill him ...)

Why are the Salarians ignored by the Reapers?

Think we can keep Aria's couch for ourselfs in the new DLC?

We have to feed the fish but not the hamster?

1: Krogan are not allowed on the Presidium (at least not without being with a Council Spectre) where we spend most of our ME3 Citadel time. This covered by the fish in the Presidium quest of ME2.

2: Several possibilities, but probably because they have been largely defensive in the war. The Reapers simply dont see a reason to delegate major forces against them when the Salarians are not hitting them in force. Or much more interestingly the Reapers might be spread to thin to mount a suitable assault upon them early in the war.

3: No one fucks with Aria, I doubt getting her cough is an option either.

4: Its a giant magical space hamster, what did you expect Laughing

_________________
Heroes get Remembered, but Legends never Die.
avatar
Raistlin Majere
N7

Posts : 1089
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 25
Location : Denmark

Back to top Go down

Re: (Not really) Important Questions ...

Post by Eryri on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:47 pm

hukbum wrote:

We have to feed the fish but not the hamster?

The Space Hamster is clearly some sort of multidimensional entity, existing simultaneously in Shepard's cabin and in Minsc's backpack on Faerun. Fortunately Minsc is a more responsible pet owner, and actually remembers to feed it now and then.
avatar
Eryri
Phantom

Posts : 1178
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 38
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: (Not really) Important Questions ...

Post by Raistlin Majere on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:48 pm

Eryri wrote:
hukbum wrote:

We have to feed the fish but not the hamster?

The Space Hamster is clearly some sort of multidimensional entity, existing simultaneously in Shepard's cabin and in Minsc's backpack on Faerun. Fortunately Minsc is a more responsible pet owner, and actually remembers to feed it now and then.

Most notably he feeds it the eyes of his enemies. A healthy diet above all else.

_________________
Heroes get Remembered, but Legends never Die.
avatar
Raistlin Majere
N7

Posts : 1089
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 25
Location : Denmark

Back to top Go down

Re: (Not really) Important Questions ...

Post by hukbum on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:54 pm

Raistlin Majere wrote:1: Krogan are not allowed on the Presidium (at least not without being with a Council Spectre) where we spend most of our ME3 Citadel time. This covered by the fish in the Presidium quest of ME2.

2: Several possibilities, but probably because they have been largely defensive in the war. The Reapers simply dont see a reason to delegate major forces against them when the Salarians are not hitting them in force. Or much more interestingly the Reapers might be spread to thin to mount a suitable assault upon them early in the war.

3: No one fucks with Aria, I doubt getting her cough is an option either.

4: Its a giant magical space hamster, what did you expect Laughing
1.) Damn ... you're right, how did I miss that??? Wat
2.) Good point.
3.) No couch? Hell if this game has to be read "literal" I want my Shep known as the one who stole Aria's couch!
4.) Don't know, that's why I'm asking Grin
avatar
hukbum
Abomination

Posts : 223
Join date : 2013-01-12
Location : Berlin

Back to top Go down

Re: (Not really) Important Questions ...

Post by hukbum on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:34 pm

A new one:
Has any of the german players here ever played the translated version of the game?
Or if you're not german but also no "native english speaker" (I still fail to find a propper translation for that) how about you?
Are you satisfied with the translation you got?

I personally can't stand german game versions in general, but I'm curious what others think about it.

_________________
N7 HQ - hukbum (PC) ... hukbum, now in PURPLE
avatar
hukbum
Abomination

Posts : 223
Join date : 2013-01-12
Location : Berlin

Back to top Go down

Re: (Not really) Important Questions ...

Post by DrumsCoyote on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:44 pm

I usually play maleshep in french cause I really like his voice (warm and...hu...sexy)
(I discoverd afterwards the same actor also voices "the cat with boots" (I don't see the translation here) in the french version of Shrek. Cute but less sexy Very Happy )

The translation in itself seems good to me. When i read quotes from the game in english I have no problem to reconnect them with the ones in french (some difference time to time but nothing disturbing).
Unfortunately, some other characters like Anderson sounds really weird and we don't have the foreigns accents.

I also have a no important question. In the Shadow Broker's video files, we can see a guy called Fred Masei (or something like that)....Who is this guy?
avatar
DrumsCoyote
Pyjak

Posts : 20
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 37
Location : Brussels

Back to top Go down

Re: (Not really) Important Questions ...

Post by hukbum on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:06 pm

Lucky you, because I've not encountered any game where I likes the german VAs.
Maybe it has something to do with our "Sie" (formal) and "Du" (informal) diffrence but it also appears that they try to translate EVERYTHING Laughing

DrumsCoyote wrote:I also have a no important question. In the Shadow Broker's video files, we can see a guy called Fred Masei (or something like that)....Who is this guy?
Interesting, he seemed to be only mentioned once and this is the vid-log.
And it's "Mazzei" (don't worry didn't know how he's spelled either but there are not that much Freds in ME so he was easy to find), anybody here knows anything about him?
avatar
hukbum
Abomination

Posts : 223
Join date : 2013-01-12
Location : Berlin

Back to top Go down

Re: (Not really) Important Questions ...

Post by DrumsCoyote on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:34 pm

This is the first time I prefer the french version to the original in a video game (and it's works only for malshep, I prefer femshep's voice in VO)
We have the same problem with pronouns formal or informal.
Shepard keeps saying "vous" (formal) even to his LI (a very unusual thing) and he says "tu" (informal) at EDI, Legion and...Grunt.
avatar
DrumsCoyote
Pyjak

Posts : 20
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 37
Location : Brussels

Back to top Go down

Re: (Not really) Important Questions ...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum