Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you recommend this DLC?

52% 52% 
[ 32 ]
18% 18% 
[ 11 ]
30% 30% 
[ 18 ]
 
Total Votes : 61

Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by Andromidius on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:17 am

This poll is for those of us who will take the plunge on release day, to inform those who are on the fence or are unable to play the DLC.

Spoilers are impossible to stop, but here we can give a simple vote on how we feel about the DLC.  Please only vote after you've played the DLC!

Feel free to discuss spoilers in the main thread, but please try to note spoilers or use the spoiler tags.  Also, any new threads should attempt to avoid giving spoilers, for the benefit of those less fortunate/more patient!

Note: due to being unable to keep this thread locked while being able to vote, this thread is unlocked.  However, please don't post here!  Spoiler free zone!

Thanks in advance.
avatar
Andromidius
Admin

Posts : 1153
Join date : 2013-01-07

http://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by DSharrah on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:06 am

Its not that I didn't enjoy it...and it did surprise me...but I was hoping for more.

Edit: I voted not sure for clarity.

_________________
Renegade Shep's response to Starbinger the Reaperbieber stating that destroy would wipe out all synthetics:

"Does that mean it will kill your smug ass too?"



avatar
DSharrah
Space Cow

Posts : 816
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 37
Location : Lying in some rubble...

Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by MaximizedAction on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:54 am

I'd say...approach this DLC with an open mind.

I voted yes, because I did find the main story highly entertaining and memorable. Haven't done all the other, 'hub stuff' yet, though.

_________________
avatar
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Posts : 844
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 29
Location : Munich, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by CSSteele on Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:13 am

The 'hub stuff' .. OMG .. some of that is flippin' hillarious.
avatar
CSSteele
Nemesis

Posts : 291
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by Fur28 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:46 am

The "social" part was both hilarious and entertaining.
The actual story is a little dumb but I enjoyed,
Spoiler:
Still mad I couldn´t save the clone :(

_________________
I Love Selim Heart
Anti-Shield Drill (Super Effective against the Ultimate Shield)

Fur28
Commando

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 23
Location : Mexico

Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by Grey on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:17 am

I.....LOVED this. I have seriously never laughed so hard playing a game. The hub stuff was just brilliant. I was honestly surprised that picking different combos with Glyph at the party produced different parties, so many of which had me in tears of laughter. I'm gonna be completely honest here, this is my favourite DLC for Mass Effect.

Grey
Drone

Posts : 8
Join date : 2013-01-31
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by Hrothdane on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:22 am

The story of the first part is just terrible and it completely breaks down on the slightest questioning.

Spoiler:
The whole clone plot was ridiculous, and the squadmates all spoke in nothing but action movie one-liners and call-backs to the same old jokes.

_________________
Assume everything has value until proven wrong. Sometimes that doesn't take very long.

What I'm listening to: http://www.last.fm/user/Hrothdane/library
avatar
Hrothdane
Scion

Posts : 627
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Irvine, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:26 am

Main story - Done.
Spoiler:
I used Wrex for the 'infiltration', and Liara+EDI for the rest.
Social Apartment - Half done. I'm going through it now, but I'm in a busy patch for school.
Arena/Casino/Arcade - Barely touched. Will explore, especially the arena...

So do I recommend? Yes. I mean no. I mean maybe?

Thing is, I'm not sure. So I put that down for now.

While the DLC itself is FILLED with symbolism and references that I apply to my personal theories about the story (of which IT is only a portion of)...

It also smacks me down, over and over, with the insistence that yes, Mass Effect has fully jumped the shark and there's no turning back.

It comes down to what's in story from Bioware in the next month. If nothing, I will just refuse to recommend this DLC or even ME3 to anything. But I have hopes (oh god, WHY do I still have hope?!?) that certain things are in the pipeline for VERY soon.

So if you're happy with how things are - get the DLC and bask in its utter absurdity.

If you're angry and want things to feel better - no, stay away.

If you just want more crap to do in ME3 and screw the story, because its ok/ruined anyway - sure, go for it if you want.

Depending on any potential future announcements from Bioware, this is either one of the worst or one of the best DLCs. So I can't really give a proper assessment.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by BleedingUranium on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:44 am

Grey wrote:I.....LOVED this. I have seriously never laughed so hard playing a game. The hub stuff was just brilliant. I was honestly surprised that picking different combos with Glyph at the party produced different parties, so many of which had me in tears of laughter. I'm gonna be completely honest here, this is my favourite DLC for Mass Effect.

This! So much! I can't believe anyone wouldn't recommend this, it's the best thing in all of Mass Effect! w00t

There was a lot of this: Rofl
avatar
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Posts : 1921
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 25
Location : BC, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by Andromidius on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:55 am

This was supposed to be completely spoiler free with no posting, but okay.

Spoiler:
Also, I didn't buy this DLC to laugh. And honestly I only laughed twice - both times at Javik.

It was fanservice, and not even satisfying fanservice. I'd only recommend it to someone who doesn't give a damn about logic or good storytelling.
avatar
Andromidius
Admin

Posts : 1153
Join date : 2013-01-07

http://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by Hrothdane on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:59 am

Andromidius wrote:This was supposed to be completely spoiler free with no posting, but okay.

Spoiler:
Also, I didn't buy this DLC to laugh. And honestly I only laughed twice - both times at Javik.

It was fanservice, and not even satisfying fanservice. I'd only recommend it to someone who doesn't give a damn about logic or good storytelling.

+1

_________________
Assume everything has value until proven wrong. Sometimes that doesn't take very long.

What I'm listening to: http://www.last.fm/user/Hrothdane/library
avatar
Hrothdane
Scion

Posts : 627
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Irvine, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by spotlessvoid on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:00 am

Hrothdane wrote:The story of the first part is just terrible and it completely breaks down on the slightest questioning.

Spoiler:
The whole clone plot was ridiculous, and the squadmates all spoke in nothing but action movie one-liners and call-backs to the same old jokes.

Exactly.


There was a lot of humor but ultimately I wasn't looking for a sketch comedy routine for the final dlc.

This DLC may have some redeeming value under different circumstances, but going for nothing but laughs after all this? All the teasing and suggestion. This is why we should save our games forever? Once the jokes get stale many will see what a cop out this dlc was.

Seriously, was there a single meme that didn't make it in?
avatar
spotlessvoid
Blood Pack Warrior

Posts : 906
Join date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by MaximizedAction on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:55 am

Not that I don't respect everyone's opinion but I think the story and the dialogues were intended to be as they are, or in other words:
Spoiler:
It is supposed to be as cheesy and tongue-in-cheek as it comes across. I mean: You have a vilian who was named Khan and turns out to be the clone of Shepard. But you wouldn't seriously claim BW stealing from Star Trek without getting it right, right?
The story is basically your typically funny shore-leave fun.

To not give anyone false hope: the main story is almost completely seperated from the main plot. But that doesn't hurt either stories once you 'let go' and decide to have a good time.
And for the IT point of view: keep in mind that this is on the Citadel.

_________________
avatar
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Posts : 844
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 29
Location : Munich, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by spotlessvoid on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:08 am

MaximizedAction wrote:Not that I don't respect everyone's opinion but I think the story and the dialogues were intended to be as they are, or in other words:
Spoiler:
It is supposed to be as cheesy and tongue-in-cheek as it comes across. I mean: You have a vilian who was named Khan and turns out to be the clone of Shepard. But you wouldn't seriously claim BW stealing from Star Trek without getting it right, right?
The story is basically your typically funny shore-leave fun.

To not give anyone false hope: the main story is almost completely seperated from the main plot. But that doesn't hurt either stories once you 'let go' and decide to have a good time.
And for the IT point of view: keep in mind that this is on the Citadel.

That's tough to do when even the most modest expectations of narrative relevance weren't met and this is the final dlc. This was the plan all along?
avatar
spotlessvoid
Blood Pack Warrior

Posts : 906
Join date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by Restrider on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:34 am

Played the main mission, still need to do the party and so on.

As many pointed out, it is quite funny while the main story is detached, seems contrived and a bit cheesy.

However, looking at it from a different angle, it also contains foreshadowing more than once.
Alas, if nothing is added in the future somehow, you could say that the trilogy ended in a tragicomedy...
avatar
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Posts : 934
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Democratic Republic of New Germany - Phase 1 Space

Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by MaximizedAction on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:26 am

spotlessvoid wrote:
That's tough to do when even the most modest expectations of narrative relevance weren't met and this is the final dlc. This was the plan all along?

I don't know. But, again, just as with the expectations pre-release of the DLC: What difference does it make?
If we do get an extra DLC or expansion pack, then you can enjoy Citadel for what it is.
If we don't, and this is really the last DLC, what's the harm in just saying: F*** it, let's enjoy what we have. It's not like the DLC is trying to not appeal to players. It's like the counterproduct to the ending, it's not depressing at all.

Plus, it's the Citadel: as they say, the war hasn't reached them yet.

As for the plan: I think I adopted the thinking that something must've went south around the time EC dropped, as all hints suddenly stopped after its release. But consider this: Gamble tweeted yesterday, that they planned to release Citadel on the 1 year anniversary. Now, this doesn't mean that they *always* planned that, i.e. before devs started with the EC, but it could.


Last edited by MaximizedAction on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:40 am; edited 4 times in total

_________________
avatar
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Posts : 844
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 29
Location : Munich, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by umadcommander on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:28 am

im not sure, it was technically ok but it left me feeling hollow

_________________
avatar
umadcommander
Rachni Brood Warrior

Posts : 431
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 21
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by Restrider on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:58 am

It was definitely better than Omega when it comes to character interaction (especially because you have the main cast and not a side character and a totally new character as the focus). Combat was also decent, especially the last fight. The social stuff and hub is also nice.
Now, the main gripe is the plot of the DLC and the implications for the big picture. In the end... what is the point of this?
But I think you cannot judge the DLC for something it simply is not. The DLC, for what it is, is worth its money.
avatar
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Posts : 934
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Democratic Republic of New Germany - Phase 1 Space

Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by WeAreHarbinger on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:03 pm

I would say yes because on it's own a good dlc. My only problems are, the main story felt a little short, i expected a little more. The party and social bits were fun, it was a nice send off but i still think this particular dlc maybe should of been released mid cycle.

_________________
Renegade is Red Paragon is Blue Assuming control This hurts you Harbinger
avatar
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Posts : 770
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 29
Location : Uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by Veridiano02 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:19 pm

The DLC is a nice-short adventure. Hilarious,
Spoiler:
and fight against Shepard is
... Quitte epic :). Maybe need more "epicness", more difficult choices, more tense moments.

The DLC is fine, a perfect way of saying "goodbye Shepard, goodbye Normady crew". The main problem is still ME3 itself. The final is still stupid and non-sensical. Without the IT, of course.
avatar
Veridiano02
Pod Crab

Posts : 33
Join date : 2013-02-01
Location : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:25 pm

MaximizedAction wrote:Not that I don't respect everyone's opinion but I think the story and the dialogues were intended to be as they are, or in other words:
Spoiler:
It is supposed to be as cheesy and tongue-in-cheek as it comes across. I mean: You have a vilian who was named Khan and turns out to be the clone of Shepard. But you wouldn't seriously claim BW stealing from Star Trek without getting it right, right?
The story is basically your typically funny shore-leave fun.

To not give anyone false hope: the main story is almost completely seperated from the main plot. But that doesn't hurt either stories once you 'let go' and decide to have a good time.
And for the IT point of view: keep in mind that this is on the Citadel.

The only thing that keeps me going is the idea that the vast majority of this DLC (think to compare: Arrival DLC) seems actually designed to be done AFTER the war (or during cleanup of Earth and the Galaxy - no Reaper off switch, after all!).

Thus, they give players the Citadel DLC BEFORE their big Reveal DLC (I know, I know), just to fuck with us, at this point.

In fact, the entire DLC has a 'let's fuck with the players' attitude stuck to it. Compare Anderson's words and the symbolism put into so much of the social scenes, with the actual Saterday Morning Cartoon feeling of the thing.

This DLC truly feels like it would be a random weird adventure after the Reapers are struck through the heart.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:27 pm

Restrider wrote:Played the main mission, still need to do the party and so on.

As many pointed out, it is quite funny while the main story is detached, seems contrived and a bit cheesy.

However, looking at it from a different angle, it also contains foreshadowing more than once.
Alas, if nothing is added in the future somehow, you could say that the trilogy ended in a tragicomedy...

Yeah, basically.

You can't say this DLC didn't contain chilling elements. A big one is a conversation with Kaidan while Earth footage plays in the background (neither of them commending on it..).

But we also have nothing to truly work with at this point. Really, to have conviction that we'll get a reveal, requires full-on 'blind hope'.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:31 pm

MaximizedAction wrote:I don't know. But, again, just as with the expectations pre-release of the DLC: What difference does it make?
If we do get an extra DLC or expansion pack, then you can enjoy Citadel for what it is.
If we don't, and this is really the last DLC, what's the harm in just saying: F*** it, let's enjoy what we have. It's not like the DLC is trying to not appeal to players. It's like the counterproduct to the ending, it's not depressing at all.

Plus, it's the Citadel: as they say, the war hasn't reached them yet.
As for the plan: I think I adopted the thinking that something must've went south around the time EC dropped, as all hints suddenly stopped after its release. But consider this: Gamble tweeted yesterday, that they planned to release Citadel on the 1 year anniversary. Now, this doesn't mean that they *always* planned that, i.e. before devs started with the EC, but it could.

Not true. The DLC is specifically set between the Citadel Coup and Cronos Station, as it stands.

The Coup is where it is even said by characters that the 'war reached the Citadel'. That's why its so bizarre. People should be starting to panic, not moving around with no care.

One part that stuck out to me was hearing
Spoiler:
so many conversations with NPCs that sound like they are the 'multiplayer characters', but their wording sounds more like old war stories....
. Again, post-ending as better canon? I'm leaving an opening for a possible one last hidden DLC. But not expecting it, of course.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by Candalistic on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:10 pm

BleedingUranium wrote:
Grey wrote:I.....LOVED this. I have seriously never laughed so hard playing a game. The hub stuff was just brilliant. I was honestly surprised that picking different combos with Glyph at the party produced different parties, so many of which had me in tears of laughter. I'm gonna be completely honest here, this is my favourite DLC for Mass Effect.

This! So much! I can't believe anyone wouldn't recommend this, it's the best thing in all of Mass Effect! w00t

There was a lot of this: Rofl
+100 Very Happy Very Happy Rofl
This is the funniest DLC ever, and it has closure, that's why i like it. Very Happy :)
avatar
Candalistic
Pod Crab

Posts : 39
Join date : 2013-01-13
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by AxStapleton on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:28 pm

Candalistic wrote:
BleedingUranium wrote:
Grey wrote:I.....LOVED this. I have seriously never laughed so hard playing a game. The hub stuff was just brilliant. I was honestly surprised that picking different combos with Glyph at the party produced different parties, so many of which had me in tears of laughter. I'm gonna be completely honest here, this is my favourite DLC for Mass Effect.

This! So much! I can't believe anyone wouldn't recommend this, it's the best thing in all of Mass Effect! w00t

There was a lot of this: Rofl
+100 Very Happy Very Happy Rofl
This is the funniest DLC ever, and it has closure, that's why i like it. Very Happy :)

Closure? Don't get me wrong it was... nice, but Shepard still ends up in a pile of rubble (a feat that without IT still defies all logic) and we are still where we were this time last year.

_________________
Tali Heart

avatar
AxStapleton
Varren

Posts : 413
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 25
Location : Hertfordshire, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum