Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you recommend this DLC?

52% 52% 
[ 32 ]
18% 18% 
[ 11 ]
30% 30% 
[ 18 ]

Total Votes : 61

Re: Citadel DLC - Spoiler Free Poll (polls open)

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:41 pm

Yeah, playing Citadel at this time provides absolutely no closure in plot.

That's why my interpretation is that we're missing a DLC. Do the DLC, then Citadel DLC, and we have a proper victory.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:42 am

Closure?

CLOSURE?

CLOSURE?!?!

It's set in the middle of the game! Right before we know certain horrible things are going to happen! Do people forget basic chronology because they've been given some shiney shiney to look at?

Pulp Fiction Effect all over again. Give the audience a scene from the middle that ends in a happy hopeful manner and most of them are tricked into thinking the ending is happy - even though they know one of the main characters died earlier on in the movie.
Andromidius
Admin

http://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by spotlessvoid on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:45 am

The worst thing is that this is going to ultimately wash away much of the lingering resentment and Bioware is probably going to continue be successful pandering to the lowest common denominator.
spotlessvoid
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:30 am

Greatest DLC in the history of the series. And for me personally the highlight along with the suicide mission of the entire series.

Now Bioware- fix the ending.

Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by OneWithTheAssassins on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:21 am

I want to believe this DLC takes place post-end, but the one thing, ONE thing, was something Shepard said about Trainer (whatever her name is) saying that she has been very helpful and that because of her, they were going to strike the heart of cerberus soon or something; chronos station.

Or we can get coffee, its whatever.
I want to smear you in green paint and spank you like a disobedient avocado.
OneWithTheAssassins
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:08 pm

Shit

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:49 pm

The DLC is totally worth $15 USD. Unless, you know, you need the $15 to eat. There are some absolutely money scenes in this. I can't stress this enough. The scene with Grunt alone is worth the price of admission. ("You're my hero, Grunt")

The primary plot mission is fun. I'm actually impressed by the Golden Saucer, I'm sorry, Silver Coast Strip. The arena is quite deep, especially compared to their original attempt at this idea with Pinnacle Station. Granted, I don't see me playing it all that much considering I enjoy MP a lot more, but for those who don't or can't play MP, it's a nice alternative.

The trick to enjoying this DLC is to try to focus on the here and now.

Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by noobcannon on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:34 pm

i had to stop and take a break, right when i'm at the party, go up to glyph, and "order drinks" or "order snacks". this little part made me so angry i couldn't play anymore. i quicksaved and exited before i smashed my keyboard. i think i even muttered "fuck this game" under my breath.

"You thought you were so special? Better than everyone else outside this room? You traded your freedom for the luxury of feeling superior. You accepted the group's will over your own conviction, no matter who you hurt. You thought you were just "going along for the ride", and you could just walk away at any moment. But where were you heading? How far would you have gone?"
noobcannon
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:40 pm

A crazy idea I pu in the main thread last night. If levi was control and omega was destroy then this one is synthesis. AKA: A bunch of out of place wacky nonsense.
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by spotlessvoid on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:39 pm

This was nothing but a bribe pandering to the lowest common denominator and a total cop out after a yearlong deception. I can't believe how many are willing to let Bioware off the hook for their horribly cynical manipulation of their loyal fans to protect themselves from backlash and sell more DLC. But it's all okay because they make some jokes and give people the ultimate fan service meme fest? This DLC was incredibly shallow narrative wise and it's a shameful way to end speculation they encouraged.
spotlessvoid
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:37 pm

RavenEyry wrote:A crazy idea I pu in the main thread last night. If levi was control and omega was destroy then this one is synthesis. AKA: A bunch of out of place wacky nonsense.

Even with the blue color to the title, I always considered the possibility of Citadel as being the Synthesis 'writing themed' DLC.

Omega is shooty shoot shoot.
Leviathan is mystery and manipulation.
Citadel is space/dream magic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Of Kesak11 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:47 pm

TurianRebel212 wrote:Greatest DLC in the history of the series. And for me personally the highlight along with the suicide mission of the entire series.

Now Bioware- fix the ending.

I agree with this.

"Be ready, I wouldn't be surprised if this button summoned a Reaper."
Proud IT Theorist and Talimancer.
"I want more time" - Tali Tali
Ghost Of Kesak11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:50 pm

Meh, poll is closed for voting.

I really do recommend this DLC. It's great.

The fact that it's not what we wanted it to be shouldn't matter.

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:43 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Meh, poll is closed for voting.

Glad you're okay, DD. I agree with this, I think.

banSHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Norlond
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:47 pm

Also, if you want to hear Jack tell Miranda that her tits are fantastic, I highly recommend this DLC.

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:41 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Also, if you want to hear Jack tell Miranda that her tits are fantastic, I highly recommend this DLC.

Shocked ...Damnit! I did the laid back party! WHYYYYYY???????

Also, the evolution of your avatar is inspiring.
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:43 am

BlueLogic wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:Also, if you want to hear Jack tell Miranda that her tits are fantastic, I highly recommend this DLC.

I did the energetic party, turned the music up, only climaxing things out.

Spoiler:
At some point EDI explains she can tell that Traynor is sexually aroused by her voice by doing a thermal reading of her erogenous zones.

There's a lot of sex talk going on, it's awesome.

Also drunk Grunt in the shower. BEST. SCENE. EVER.

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:45 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
BlueLogic wrote:

I did the energetic party, turned the music up, only climaxing things out.

Spoiler:
At some point EDI explains she can tell that Traynor is sexually aroused by her voice by doing a thermal reading of her erogenous zones.

There's a lot of sex talk going on, it's awesome.

Also drunk Grunt in the shower. BEST. SCENE. EVER.

Someone needs to add that to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf9Xzu3bIv4

What I'm listening to: http://www.last.fm/user/Hrothdane/library
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:24 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Meh, poll is closed for voting.

Not in terms of it being a good DLC, in that respect I agree, but good DLC does nothing in the bigger picture. It's good, but Bioware should burn down if their not going to release the reveal/post-indoc attempt DLC.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:31 am

Is a DLC DLC if it's a free, mandatory, content update for everyone?

Is Extended Cut really a DLC? Yes, because it's optional.

Is a patch optional? Not on xbox, unless you disconnect from Internet every time. :S

Would be interesting if Bioware has a 'patch' that unlocks a lot more content, but for everyone for free. Having DLC (especially Citadel?) will just make it much better, but its still free... and mandatory.

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite on Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:12 am

spotlessvoid wrote:This was nothing but a bribe pandering to the lowest common denominator and a total cop out after a yearlong deception. I can't believe how many are willing to let Bioware off the hook for their horribly cynical manipulation of their loyal fans to protect themselves from backlash and sell more DLC. But it's all okay because they make some jokes and give people the ultimate fan service meme fest? This DLC was incredibly shallow narrative wise and it's a shameful way to end speculation they encouraged.

Most people who play games aren't diehard loyal fans like us. They usually are casual gamers who play games on occasionally, and not all the time. Would kind of explain why there was only 30-50% of the people who actually finished Bioware's games or less (eg. Dragon Age I think had a 36% completion rate, as in people who finished the game, beat the final boss).

Is a DLC DLC if it's a free, mandatory, content update for everyone?

Thing with DLC being paid is that if it was required in order to complete the game, people would have an issue with that. Leviathan, Omega, as well as this DLC are not required in order to beat the game. Back in March 2012, you could still complete the game without these DLC packs.
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:23 am

Yeah, I can only really see a 'secret DLC reveal' at this point, as being done not through DLC (maybe maybe expansion pack), but through a mandatory update for everyone, as long as they have Internet really.

And even then, it won't be mandatory to have this update in order to transfer our stories and choices to the next game. The update would just fill in the hole for the rest of London, the Rio awesomeness, and possibly more. The purely 'moral choice' is just given actual weight and force in the ME3 experience, but it won't impact future games much if at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:27 am

The only way a reveal could ever work is through free, mandatory update, that everyone who has the game gets.

DLC - is optional content.
Leviathan is optional, while very interesting - you don't really need it to enjoy Mass Effect.

Omega is entirely optional, though it is awesome, and very fun. - you don't really need it to enjoy Mass Effect.

Citadel - is very fun and light, and a lot of funservice - you' don't need that to enjoy Mass Effect

From Ashes is purely optional - though very fun - you don't need it to enjoy Mass Effect.

Extended Cut is purely option, and free - you don't need it to enjoy Mass Effect, though if you want it - it is availible.

The thing is - DLC is entirely optional content for those who wish to expand upon their expierience with the core game, for extra charge.

The reveal - is not optional. Winning the war is not optional. It is required to enjoy Mass Effect.

Thus it isn't optional - it is a patch, un update. what ever you call it. It is part of the core game, and it is already included in the price. It should just be there, and everybody should have.

So they only option for it to be really the ongoing war experience they set out to deliver with their support of the game thorugh MP and DLC - is have it end after the support cycle is done.

there are only two options now -
a) - it will come in the next weeks, a mounth tops, and it will be free.
b) - it won't come at all, because it got cancelled due to outcry, and replaced with the EC instead. But since the EC has an expiration date - i find that higlyunlikely. The EC is a temporary patch. A place holder. it would be a shame if it isn't, but you know how they say - you can;t miss something you never had.

Side note - if there is an reveal and it is awesome and everything we didn't even dream for it to be - but it is not free - fuck it - i'm not buying it. I've had my headcannon for a year now - and i don't have to pay extre for it.

EDIT: if you're confused with my post, here's a quick summary - I'm very optimistic. )
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:31 am

SwobyJ wrote: as long as they have Internet really.

Moot point - Mass Effect 3 has "always online" DRM on all the systems.

You can't really play the game if you're not connected to the internet. (well, you can on origin - but no DLC whatsoever this way only the very bare bone experience.)
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:32 pm

Since DLC is optional, then they may have Shepard get out of the rubble in the next game. They said before that future games will take place before or during Mass Effect 3, but not after. So, if it's not a prequel, which a lot of people didn't want, the next game will take place sometime during Mass Effect 3 with the Reaper war still going on.

Kind of how if Shepard lives, a lot of people didn't like the ending, because the Reapers were still there. The war isn't over yet. I may have mentioned in other threads about the war lasting more than one game, and this is just the battle to retake Earth as said during the pre-release statements.
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top