Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starchild by Wintersun Analysis Continued (Citadel!)

+6
Eryri
ivenoidea
Starscream
Charlie Sheen
MovieMachine
DoomsdayDevice
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Starchild by Wintersun Analysis Continued (Citadel!) Empty Starchild by Wintersun Analysis Continued (Citadel!)

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:28 am

Hey guys, remember Starchild by Wintersun? ;)

A part of the lyrics:

"I'm floating in the sea of stars,
I'm drifting away from the shore
I will be lost in the dream when the dark days come
But I will make the time run backwards and
I'll make the stars shine again
I will light up the sky to a bright crimson nights ...
And they'll shine together forever
With brilliant silver colours they'll shine forever"

Exact point https://youtu.be/rm82gjZDIDU?t=6m25s

Video:

Wow.

Shore = The SILVER COAST
Time run backwards = Hmmm, I wonder why almost all of Citadel DLC feels like POST-ENDING? Almost like something from the future, was drawn back into the past... backwards
Bright crimson lights = RED
Brilliant silver colours = THE SILVER COAST

EDIT: Thank you to for this great bit. TurianRebel212
Time run backwards- Kinda like how water runs uphill at the beam. Or how the carnifex has infinite ammo, like a mod did in ME1..... Going backwards. Or Citadel the Return. Going back. Interesting. Bright Crimson- Like N7 armor default color stripe. Brilliant silver colors- Like the normandy SR2 cause of it's armor. Yeah, the truth is there. Buried in the data.

Shore- Like shore leave. The final DLC of ME3. It's getting good now. Does BioWare have the ballzzz to do it? Time will tell.

Back to top Go down

Starchild by Wintersun Analysis Continued (Citadel!) Empty Re: Starchild by Wintersun Analysis Continued (Citadel!)

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:08 pm

Could this mean something?

http://reboot.wikia.com/wiki/Reality_Distortion_Engine

"But I will make the time run backwards and
I'll make the stars shine again"

Is the Crucible a reality distortion engine?

"A Reality Distortion Engine, or R.D.E., is a small device that can reveal possible outcomes of the future given certain actions. Its disrupting waves move backward into the past and forward into the future, like ripples in a pond. It is a small disk-shaped object that can split in two. The device is activated by placing the two pieces on another person's temples. When the visions of the future are seen, the voice of the person that activated it will be heard saying, "What you are experiencing is a temporary distortion of reality." (Identity Crisis, Part 1)

Phong used one on Dot Matrix when they were trying to free one of Ghetty Prime's sub-sectors from Megabyte's control. The backward-moving waves caused Dot to start seeing small visions of the future before Phong actually activated the R.D.E. At the time the engine was activated, Dot immediately went into a full vision of the future where she could interact with it.

Once the vision was complete, Phong came forward and explained what happened to Dot. She had one final vision where she saw the creation of the Energy Park."

“In our cycle, the races never came together. There was no rallying cry. I envy you. The future is still out there. It is something my people could never say - there will be a tomorrow."-Javik

"Only if we win today."-Shepard

"Any advice for me now?"(paraphrase)
"Win." - Shiala (Citadel)

Back to top Go down

Starchild by Wintersun Analysis Continued (Citadel!) Empty Re: Starchild by Wintersun Analysis Continued (Citadel!)

Post by DoomsdayDevice Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:31 pm

I am wondering what the relation of that song in the OP is to Mass Effect. Is there any official connection?
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by MovieMachine Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:39 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:I am wondering what the relation of that song in the OP is to Mass Effect. Is there any official connection?

Compare that pic in the vid to the one in the Stargazer scene.
MovieMachine
MovieMachine
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:40 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:I am wondering what the relation of that song in the OP is to Mass Effect. Is there any official connection?

You didn't know about this video?

-It was posted BEFORE ME3. July 6, 2011, and it hasn't been edited.
-Star. Child.
-Same background as Mass Effect 3 end scene. Near exact.
-Various colors changing, especially shades of red, blue, green.

Lyrics:

So mysterious is your world,
concealed beyond the stars

Far away from the earth,
it flows one with time and dark as the night
Million shapes and colours
are storming inside your mind

Creating endless dimensions
Forming universes without walls

Let go! of the stars, the stars that fell into the sea
Let go! of your thoughts and dreams,
what can you see now

You cannot save them anymore
- Wanderer of time -
It's too late now
- Creator of Dimensions -
Destroy the walls of time
Hands of the blind are holding your fate
Tides of life will take you away, will take you away

Starchild!
Visions are born from the unknown force
It dominates the way of time
The dream only ends, when the worlds come to an end
Starchild!
You cannot escape to the dark streams of the sea,
to suppress your dreams
Nothing can keep you away from the need to create
'cause your path is free...

I've hold the fire within myself
Years I've walked in the coldest winds
Through the deserts of sand and snow
The time is passing and I know;
that I'm wasting my life, destroying my dreams
I'm diving into the bottomless sea
From sorrow and pain I find my strengh
the more pain I feel, the more I see
Now I'm watching my life flowing in the dark
like streams of fear running through my heart
And it's wearing me down until I'm gone

Soon I'll join the endless whirls of stars
And I fall deeper into the unknown voids
Something is dying, yet something is born
And I fall into infinity like a burning star
When will I find my silent dawn
I fall like a burning star!

The curtains of mist are fading
and the veils of star clouds are revealed

Storms of new energy
flows in the depths of my mind
New constellations are born
in total harmony of perfection
And the dissonant unbalance was broken
as the colours fell straight from the light

I'm floating in the sea of stars,

I will light up the sky to a bright crimson lights
... And they'll shine together forever
With brilliant silver colours they'll shine forever

The whirls of stars takes you now far away
away from the cold nightmare
Let go of you thoughts and dreams
and you will feel the warmth once again
Starchild! in the Sea of Stars you fall
You fall like a burning star!
Starchild! in the Sea of Stars you fall
... But there is no end to creation

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Vancouver 2010 Olympics
-London 2012 Olympics
-Sochi 2014 Olympics
-Rio 2016 Olympics

Sochi... Russia... Snow... Winter... Lack of information.

:)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:40 pm

MovieMachine wrote:

Compare that pic in the vid to the one in the Stargazer scene.

MIND = BLOWN
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:46 pm

DD, that's why I pay particular attention to the lyrics.

Seems Citadel was the second last part.

We still have the last part of the song to fulfill...

https://youtu.be/9c2ZJPKz5u8?t=1m35s

The piano is firing up.. starting the drums... let's go... NOW.

EDIT: Holy fuck, remember how half the Battlestar finale were PEACETIME FLASHBACKS? Is this what Citadel is? - a time travel (one way or another) to see Shep and his allies get their 'R&R' before charging the Reapers and defeating them?

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:01 am

SwobyJ wrote:DD, that's why I pay particular attention to the lyrics.

Seems Citadel was the second last part.

We still have the last part of the song to fulfill...

https://youtu.be/9c2ZJPKz5u8?t=1m35s

The piano is firing up.. starting the drums... let's go... NOW.

EDIT: Holy fuck, remember how half the Battlestar finale were PEACETIME FLASHBACKS? Is this what Citadel is? - a time travel (one way or another) to see Shep and his allies get their 'R&R' before charging the Reapers and defeating them?

You know, I felt like so many of these things in the social part were foreshadowing stuff, and a lot of it felt like it could have a pay off later.

Like supporting Joker getting weapons training! Or EDI's victory ring... so much of that stuff. <3
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:50 am

I think it could be both DD.

I don't think Shepard is done, even after ME3. Bioware be doin' some roleplay..

EDIT: To be clear, I don't think (so far) that Shepard is the playable protagonist of whatever future Mass Effect game is coming. I do think he/she will be in some way involved with it though, even if in a minor way.

Last edited by SwobyJ on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:26 am

Javik: "The Reapers are cunning in their deception. Letting us believe ourselves masters of the cosmos, cycle upon cycle. Then the truth becomes known. There are monsters out there in the dark. And we are their prey."

Last edited by DoomsdayDevice on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Sheen Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:29 am

Woah, is that from Citadel?
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen
STG

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:31 am

Drewton wrote:Woah, is that from Citadel?

No man, that is in 'From Ashes'.

Javik has the best IT quotes.

You can find all that stuff in my two quotes topics. Which reminds me, time to bump those and remind people to help find me IT quotes from the new DLC.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Sheen Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:42 am

Damn, I was dead set against buying this DLC but you've renewed my optimism enough to really want to buy it and find every IT hint I can. Laughing
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen
STG

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:47 am

I recommend this DLC anyway. It's my favourite, out of the three.

Although Leviathan also had really cool IT parallels. Major stuff in there too.

But this DLC is just so hopeful... it's so bitter sweet.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:54 am

Intentionally bittersweet.

Pacify most players.

While getting the rest agitated waiting for what is to come?

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:23 am

Thane: "Then go and finish it (the fight). And when you go to the sea, I'll be waiting for you at the shore."

Back to top Go down

Post by Starscream Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:49 pm

Seriously, we're looking for clues in a Finnish metal band now?

I love melodic death-metal as much as the next guy, and I wish IT was true as much as the next guy, but this is just crazy. Sorry, no offense. I just had to say it.
Starscream
Starscream
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by ivenoidea Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:55 pm

Starscream wrote:bleurgh

It's a song with the name of a major character and the image in the youtube video is the background for the stargazer scene. It's safe to say the writers like this song, so why not look into it?

Edit: This synchs up pretty nicely.

http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?video1=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Drm82gjZDIDU&start1=0&video2=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DoRXR8oxKtBA&start2=1276&authorName=FAV

Even the lyrics fit in some places. "colors storming through your mind" is right when we see the big "wave". And when singing about stars the camera pans upwards.
ivenoidea
ivenoidea
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:46 pm

Starscream wrote:Seriously, we're looking for clues in a Finnish metal band now?

I love melodic death-metal as much as the next guy, and I wish IT was true as much as the next guy, but this is just crazy. Sorry, no offense. I just had to say it.

Too bad if you're not paying attention to the reasons why I chose it.

EDIT: I'm not entirely on board with the video synch idea though. *shrug*

Back to top Go down

Post by ivenoidea Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:00 pm

SwobyJ wrote:
Starscream wrote:Seriously, we're looking for clues in a Finnish metal band now?

Too bad if you're not paying attention to the reasons why I chose it.

EDIT: I'm not entirely on board with the video synch idea though. *shrug*

I don't think they synched it on purpose, it just happens. But it's fun.

I mean they would be quite dumb if this was intended as well. "Space Magic" synchs perfectly with Synthesis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsz47q4utDk
ivenoidea
ivenoidea
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Starscream Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:04 pm

ivenoidea wrote:

It's a song with the name of a major character and the image in the youtube video is the background for the stargazer scene. It's safe to say the writers like this song, so why not look into it?

Except the name "Starchild" is not the name of the Catalyst. It's just a nickname the fans gave to the Catalyst. The nickname "Starchild" was never used by the developers, at least not before the fans came up with it.

So no, it's not "safe to say" that the writers like this song. There is only a very thin and vague connection between this song and the Mass Effect endings. The obvious truth here is that it's just a funny and totally ironic coincidence that the title of the song and some parts of the lyrics actually fit the Mass Effect endings.

Even the lyrics fit in some places. "colors storming through your mind" is right when we see the big "wave". And when singing about stars the camera pans upwards.

The lyrics only fit in some places, yes. Most of the time the lyrics are completely unrelated to the Mass Effect ending.

And Jaari doesn't sing "colors storming through your mind", he sings "millions of shapes and colors storming through your mind". Last time I checked, the Mass Effect ending only had 3 shapes and colors, not millions.
Starscream
Starscream
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:09 pm

If I'm honest I'll say I don't believe there is any meaningful relation in the lyrics (I mean I can see some things, but I'm aware how easily one can apply lyrics to almost any situation), but it is pretty amazing how that picture resembles the stargazer scene.

Perhaps Bioware made it purposely like that to refer to the lyrics, or perhaps the picture simply inspired the scene.

What I would like to know is: is that picture officially related to the artist, or is it just some random image some youtuber decided to use?
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Starscream Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:17 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
What I would like to know is: is that picture officially related to the artist, or is it just some random image some youtuber decided to use?

Random image some youtuber decided to use. The image is in no way related to Wintersun. The real album-cover of the debut album where Starchild was on, looks like this:

Starchild by Wintersun Analysis Continued (Citadel!) 83353743
Starscream
Starscream
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:23 pm

It's a random image, inspired likely by the actual original cover.

If Bioware used this as a hint or 'inspiration', well, that's what they did - there is no direct relation or proof of anything.

But I knew this already, for... nearly a year now. And it's not my point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:24 pm

Guys, I think I've cracked it, with all your help.

Think of it this way.

1. Shepard goes through Cronos (Creation), London, 'Citadel', 'Crucible'.
2. In this example, he picks either Control or Synthesis
3. ... and........
4. We're back in the Normandy! Ok, let's play the Citadel DLC.
5. We play it. Learn some lessons. Redo Cronos, etc. Pick DESTROY, based on the lessons learned.
6. Shepard wakes up.

What does this mean?

Citadel DLC is NOT indoctrination, at least not in a menacing way.
And it is NOT exactly 'post-ending', but a hope for it.

What is it?

It's Shepard waking up.

I've said before how the DLC lineup connects to the passage of Shepard (and by extension, us) gradually going through an enthrallment/indoctrination/dream, and waking up from it. Now I have it mapped out.

1. Original Ending = Soundly asleep.
2. Extended Cut = Deep Sleep.
3. Leviathan = Reaching the depths of slumber, but wait... something's not right...
4. Omega = Full-on dreaming, but in a good way! You're 'reignited'. Huh.. yeah, now I remember what to do!
5. Citadel = Restlessly waking up, details merging into another, lack of logic.... almost ready....

"Wake up."
"Breathe."

Citadel is beautiful because it is Shepard remembering everything that makes him who he is. It's a reestablishing and acknowledgement of Destroyers and even ITers (YES!), and a 2nd...or 3rd chance for Synthesizers and Controllers.

CloneShep isn't real.
Heck, even your allies aren't.

But Shep's relationships to them ARE.

I bring us back to Starchild, which I am 100% sure now, IS the plot for ME3.

"I'm floating in the sea of stars,

I will light up the sky to a bright crimson nights ...
And they'll shine together forever
With brilliant silver colours they'll shine forever"

Citadel was the time running backwards.

Now all we need are the bright crimson lights to shine again, and for us to wake up, and for the "Starchild" (Harbinger?) to fall from the skies... and just die already.

But there is no end to Creation...

This is it, isn't it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next