Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Citadel Plans

+8
MaximizedAction
dorktainian
Jarrod_L
magnetite
noobcannon
DoomsdayDevice
Ghost Of Kesak11
BlueLogic
12 posters

Go down

Post Citadel Plans Empty Post Citadel Plans

Post by BlueLogic Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:59 pm

Having experienced what Citadel (DLC) has to offer, and excluding the possibility of a future IT reveal, what are your personal plans for the ME series?

I'm going to play the ending one last time, and then immediately start up a new run in ME1 using femShep for the first time. My plan is to revel in the glory that is 99.99% of the ME series and see some of the content I've missed during my very similar earlier runs. At the end of that, and any future plays, I never plan to set foot on Chronos. The end of the Citadel DLC will be the end of the game for me.

EDIT: Also, ME3 MP continues to be addictive. The only problem is, it's difficult moving between ME1 and ME3. My first MP match back is basically a comedy of errors.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post Citadel Plans Empty Re: Post Citadel Plans

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:33 pm

The Citadel DLC will NEVER be the end of the game for me, as it stands.

Why? Because I think it's an intentional distraction.
"Nobody here has to get their hands dirty."

London may be a fuckup, but it's far more the reality of the Mass Effect universe than this 'Citadel DLC'.

I'm feeling like I'm being strongly manipulated by Bioware to just accept the peaceful vision offered by them, instead of fighting back.

~~~~~~~~~

Anyway, future of series for me?

-Well, I'll be keeping my eyes and ears open during this, and maybe next money for more news and a surprise (true) reveal.

-If nothing happens past then, I'll possibly still check here, but I don't really know for sure. I will let Mass Effect fade from my mind a good bit, but still perk up at news.

-If nothing good happens this year or maybe just summer, I'm 90% out. I'll listen about the series if someone brings it up or there's a news article in front of my face, but otherwise, I have other games to put my attention onto.

So yeah, after playing Citadel, I'm giving them a final chance. It won't be Mass Effect 4, but something during this DLC cycle. I'm no longer of huge hopes, but it still burns in me, I guess?

The weird thing is that seeing this DLC full of such... issues... actually filled me with more faith for Bioware. I really think they're going somewhere with this story, but I just strongly insist that it happen DURING ME3, not... something to tag us along to the next gen of consoles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Of Kesak11 Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:34 pm

Well for me a ME4 without shepard and his crew would not be the same. ME3 will probably be the last one I end up playing. They would have to convince me to buy a ME4 and I personally don't see that happening. I will continue to check in here for any new news on it but otherwise I probably move on to a diffrent game series.
Ghost Of Kesak11
Ghost Of Kesak11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:11 am

What's next for me? playing this DLC two more times to fish out all the major IT hints and ending foreshadowing. There's a ton of that stuff in there.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by noobcannon Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:17 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:What's next for me? playing this DLC two more times to fish out all the major IT hints and ending foreshadowing. There's a ton of that stuff in there.

the anderson journals at the beginning were pretty strong. "sometimes you just have to have faith you made the right choice."
noobcannon
noobcannon
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:57 am

I haven't poked through the codex or read any of the planet descriptions and such. I downloaded every planet from the Wiki onto my tablet for easy reading.
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrod_L Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:05 am

Taking a break from ME for a while, while keeping my ear to the ground for possible ME4 bits of info.

As ME4 draws nearer, I'm going to come back to replay the series to check out Miranda, Liara and Jack romances - still haven't tried those in ME3.

Using my current interpretation, I can be largely at peace with the ending at the moment.

- If they do expand on IT with ME4, then ME3 was not really the end of the story - just like ME2 wasn't. ME2 ended with Shepard kicking ass of that proto-Reaper, but the war was was not won yet. ME3 ends with Shepard either submitting to indoctrination, or mentally kicking Harbinger's ass by resisting his indoctrination attempt, but either way the war is not won yet. I can live with that, even if ME4 does not star Shepard as the protagonist.

- If they don't expand on IT with ME4, I'm probably going to be disappointed. But, as someone who has tried writing stuff as a hobby, I can appreciate the writers' temptation to keep their audience indoctrinated forever. I strongly do not agree with it as a player, and I wish Bioware would understand that from the player's perspective such end of the story represents a horrible state of uncertainty in which very important things are left in. But I can respect that it is THEIR story to tell, and they have the right to tell it the way they want. I can live with that, and I certainly won't let it ruin all the awesome moments ME series has given me.

Jarrod_L
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:29 am

I was playing through the DLC on my PS3 last night and it's awesome how much stuff there is in there. For a start has anyone else noticed how many N7 operatives there are on the citadel? So many conversations about combat tactics. Brilliant.

Spoiler:

The convos at the party are great as well. Especially when they get drunk
Spoiler:

and then the morning after....lol

It made me smile. Shame because as it stands nobody really knows what happened to Commander Shepard at the end.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:33 am

magnetite wrote:I haven't poked through the codex or read any of the planet descriptions and such. I downloaded every planet from the Wiki onto my tablet for easy reading.

Hm, actually, that should've been included in the Datapad app; maybe it will when - and if - the update is released.
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Argolas Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:18 am

Citadel DLC is really like Bioware was indoctrinating us, like "Do not resist. Accept what we have to offer and live in blissful ignorance."

As nice throwing a party may be, as long as there is no post-ending content (and it seems there never will be) my Mass Effect 3 experience ends with shooting the tube. Except if I feel like a Failshep run, then it'll be Synthesis.
Argolas
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:54 pm

This week or the one after I'll probably start ME hibernation Reaper style. Waiting for the next cycle.

As it stands now, the typical trilogy playthrough will be ME1/2/3 and THEN reload and play Citadel. Else it totally screws with the mood and tone of the trilogy.
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:58 am

I plan to replay the DLC ( On anything but an adept. That class sucks), and examine it thoroughly. It might not be the IT reveal we were wanting, but there's still a good chunk of info to speculate on.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:05 am

I'm here.

It actually is the IT reveal to me.

So many details.

My god.

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:51 pm

Argolas wrote:Citadel DLC is really like Bioware was indoctrinating us, like "Do not resist. Accept what we have to offer and live in blissful ignorance."

As nice throwing a party may be, as long as there is no post-ending content (and it seems there never will be) my Mass Effect 3 experience ends with shooting the tube. Except if I feel like a Failshep run, then it'll be Synthesis.

It looks pretty. Calm and peaceful, but it's not right. It's all just an illusion.

Probably to mask all the war and death that is going on in other parts of the galaxy. Millions of people around the galaxy are losing their lives every day and we're throwing a party? Hmm, something's definitely up.

I've been kind of doing a bit of multiplayer after completing the DLC. I have around 60 more unlocks before I get every rare maxed out, I think maybe more, then I might either do weapon mods or the ultra-rares.

Hm, actually, that should've been included in the Datapad app; maybe it will when - and if - the update is released.

I think that datapad app is for iOS only. I have a Google Android tablet. Didn't want to deal with Apple's planned obsolescence.
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:58 am

"It looks pretty. Calm and peaceful, but it's not right. It's all just an illusion. "

This doesn't necessarily = "BAD!!".

It means "suspicious", at least to me.

And Citadel is suspicious. And I do consider it an illusion.

Just not a *malicious* one, unlike the 'beam run', 'Citadel' (The Return), and 'Crucible' - all of which I think the Reapers had much more of a hold on Shepard in.

(and potentially everything since Vancouver...)

This time, at least personally, I regard the Citadel DLC to instead be largely Shepard created - a place for him to prepare for the continued fight against the Reapers when he awakens.

Is it essential to the plot though? No. Just like Omega and Leviathan. However, it may be retrospectively seen as a defining time of the entire trilogy. :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia L Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:50 pm

Having to resort to head canon sucks, but that's what I'll do. Maybe I'll get MEHEM.

I've got about 15 different Shepards planned at various stages throughout the trilogy (to experience all different LIs and combinations). Some will make stupid choices and succumb to indoctrination, most will Destroy and be head canoned happily ever after or Destroy and heroicly but tragically die.

I've made a ME1 movie with fraps about my main Shep that is 3h 15 min and I plan on making movies for ME2 and 3. When I get to the end I will use the MEHEM memorial scene, then edit in parts of the Citadel party (war references omitted) to wrap things up and give my Shepard the ending she deserves (turian tango and all Wink ).

So, yes, I will continue playing Mass Effect a lot.

(I'm not a scary obsessed fan imnotascaryobsessedfan, OK I

am a scary obsessed fan, and proud! Cool )

Cecilia L
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down