Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC)

+50
Hanako Ikezawa
MovieMachine
demersel
CSSteele
DaniSaur
BansheeOwnage
Soul8lighter
Home run MF
GethJuggernautMKII
SZKSYPCZE
Jusseb
CmdrShep80
shadoww6021
invetro
Lombus
ElSuperGecko
AxStapleton
ViolentSound
stargate1990
ZerebusPrime
Cyberfrog
Eryri
dorktainian
FFZero
Restrider
Jarrod_L
MaximizedAction
Raistlin Majere
Hrothdane
OneWithTheAssassins
noobcannon
BleedingUranium
HYR 2.1
Terramine
spotlessvoid
Andromidius
Rifneno
HomesV500
DSharrah
Vibez
Pascal219
401 Kill
domxeno
lex0r
foster.jb82
Humakt
BlueLogic
Ghost Of Kesak11
Charlie Sheen
DoomsdayDevice
54 posters

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 6 Empty Re: I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC)

Post by Charlie Sheen Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:10 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
Cyberfrog wrote:Mixed feelings here too.
How about this though?

EDI: "You forgot homicidal synthetics rebelling against their masters."
Liara: "That was a joke, right?"

I was like, did they just mock their own ending?

Wow, nice catch!
Making fun of AI kid/synthesis reasoning...

Support for Destroy...

Direct reference to Shepard coming out of rubble...

I'm still worried for IT, but I'm feeling a lot better about the future of the series.
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen
STG

Back to top Go down

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 6 Empty Re: I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC)

Post by Pascal219 Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:33 pm

So they are having their final ME3 meeting right now, and I came across this gem of a tweet of one BioWare worker scolding the other for taking a picture of the screen. They are mostly recapping:

Fernando Melo ‏@DiscoBabaloo
@SnaggleSprout first time whole team has gathered since Citadel out - so a retrospective mostly #lastme3meet

But this takes the cake:

Harold Chaput ‏@hchaput
Don't photograph the screen. @DiscoBabaloo: Goosebumps time #lastme3meet pic.twitter.com/s69MBXePKO

Why would that matter, if it's just a retrospective? We already saw all the content right? Or did we? ;)
Pascal219
Pascal219
Combat Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:43 pm

Pascal219 wrote:So they are having their final ME3 meeting right now, and I came across this gem of a tweet of one BioWare worker scolding the other for taking a picture of the screen. They are mostly recapping:

@SnaggleSprout first time whole team has gathered since Citadel out - so a retrospective mostly #lastme3meet

But this takes the cake:

Harold Chaput ‏@hchaput
Don't photograph the screen. @DiscoBabaloo: Goosebumps time #lastme3meet pic.twitter.com/s69MBXePKO

Why would that matter, if it's just a retrospective? We already saw all the content right? Or did we? ;)

CHOO CHOOOOOOO
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:45 pm

dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by stargate1990 Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:55 pm

i truly feel some sort of reveal is immediate a week or 2

if nothing by the end of the month then i was wrong and probably go back to a state of feeling "Cold" towards the trilogy 0_o
stargate1990
stargate1990
LOKI

Location : Bored stuck under rubble waiting for Bioware to fix it

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:01 pm

I feel something is up, but I am careful with my predictions. I was wrong about this DLC too.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by HomesV500 Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:18 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:I feel something is up, but I am careful with my predictions. I was wrong about this DLC too.
You've brought so much hope to this theory again. Much appreciated the forum was way too depressing three days ago. :)
HomesV500
HomesV500
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal219 Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Twas spoiler free! :D RT @hchaput: Don't photograph the screen. @DiscoBabaloo: Goosebumps time #lastme3meet pic.twitter.com/gqYRDvbz8f

How can there be spoilers? ME3 was done right? Guess not. :P

I predict this tuesday, but that maybe you me being crazy. Because of the week(end) operation and the fact that Casey will be appearing at Pax East.
Pascal219
Pascal219
Combat Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:22 pm

HomesV500 wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:I feel something is up, but I am careful with my predictions. I was wrong about this DLC too.
You've brought so much hope to this theory again. Much appreciated the forum was way too depressing three days ago. :)

Just being honest!

I really can't help it, at times I was almost crying with joy playing this DLC, because it kept giving me so much hope, it made me believe more than ever.

I'm so sorry if I'm wrong guys. The last thing I want is for people to be needlessly in denial and have false hope.

So by all means, just think of me as this crazy guy.

But I'm just being honest.

I really really really want to play it again, this time in Sherlock mode. *puts on IT monocle*
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:27 pm

stargate1990 wrote:

if nothing by the end of the month then i was wrong and probably go back to a state of feeling "Cold" towards the trilogy 0_o

Hey, if I'm wrong, I'll just apologize leading some people on, and life my life. No need to be cold towards a work of fiction, unless it is intentionally damaging towards you (and Mass Effect isn't, imo).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:29 pm

Pascal219 wrote:Fernando Melo ‏@DiscoBabaloo
Twas spoiler free! :D RT @hchaput: Don't photograph the screen. @DiscoBabaloo: Goosebumps time #lastme3meet pic.twitter.com/gqYRDvbz8f

How can there be spoilers? ME3 was done right? Guess not. :P

I predict this tuesday, but that maybe you me being crazy. Because of the week(end) operation and the fact that Casey will be appearing at Pax East.

lol.

I feel at peace regardless. I THINK something HUGE is up, but it's really not something I need to focus on so much anymore. We'll just see if I'm right about what I've been exploring, or not.

(and what DD has explored, etc etc)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal219 Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:34 pm

I hope, that's all I can say. I hope. Hope.
Pascal219
Pascal219
Combat Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:36 pm

Garrus: Pretty soon, blind hope is all we'll have left... and I hate being blind.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by HomesV500 Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:46 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
HomesV500 wrote:

Just being honest!

I really can't help it, at times I was almost crying with joy playing this DLC, because it kept giving me so much hope, it made me believe more than ever.

I'm so sorry if I'm wrong guys. The last thing I want is for people to be needlessly in denial and have false hope.

I really really really want to play it again, this time in Sherlock mode. *puts on IT monocle*
I love the honesty, it brings all this fresh speculation! Very Happy
HomesV500
HomesV500
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by stargate1990 Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:33 am

SwobyJ wrote:
stargate1990 wrote:

Hey, if I'm wrong, I'll just apologize leading some people on, and life my life. No need to be cold towards a work of fiction, unless it is intentionally damaging towards you (and Mass Effect isn't, imo).

Cold is probably wrong, the word indifferent would be more appropriate :) and in a couple years when i desire to play it again (unless theres a reveal in which case would be much sooner :P ) i will leave the CITADEL DLC until after Reiperbeiber and Destroy headcannon IT and then play shoreleave, but honestly i am very confident about a reveal in the next week or 2 :)
stargate1990
stargate1990
LOKI

Location : Bored stuck under rubble waiting for Bioware to fix it

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:07 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
HomesV500 wrote:

Just being honest!

I totally get what you're saying I was so hopeful as I played through and the end was the same...and I was just stunned. You are not the only one thinks that something is oddly up with the DLC or in the fact that it does make you want to play it again...I just hope it is less buggy (played just before Cronus - and the only people that showed up to the party were Liara, Edi, Traynor, Cortez, and Joker I think...).
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by spotlessvoid Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:47 am

The destroy advocating ending foreshadowing claw game.....the Batarian arcade clerk tells Shepard to try the newly repaired claw game.

Also I hate you Bioware. Y no u repair claw game?
spotlessvoid
spotlessvoid
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:36 am

spotlessvoid wrote:The destroy advocating ending foreshadowing claw game.....the Batarian arcade clerk tells Shepard to try the newly repaired claw game.

Right! The red/orange ball gives you a big prize! Blue makes you lose money, and green as well. Pink gives you your money back. Whaha! Laughing

The balls really do look like the ending explosions!

I didn't realize this until you pointed it out!

Good catch!
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by spotlessvoid Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:38 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
spotlessvoid wrote:The destroy advocating ending foreshadowing claw game.....the Batarian arcade clerk tells Shepard to try the newly repaired claw game.

Right! The red ball gives you a big prize! Blue makes you lose money, and green as well. Pink gives you your money back. Whaha! Laughing

So are they going to repair it or not
spotlessvoid
spotlessvoid
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:51 am

I noticed something odd.

Go upstairs to the painting with the purple design. Step out into the hallway and face away from the picture (Shepard's orientation, not the camera orientation). To Shepard's right, looking over the couches, note the bookshelf and basic shape similarities to the picture for the structures at the top if the bookshelf. Very vague resemblance, yes. Now turn to Shepard's left, go to the stairwell and look at the foilage above the stairs. Compare that to the picture as well.

Now go to the blue and red pictures at the top of the main set of stairs and balcony overlooking the den. Note similarities between the red picture and the modern art sculpture, which there are numerous pieces of scattered across the apartment.

I don't know where I'm going with this, but... is it me or are there visual patterns throughout the apartment?

EDIT: Miranda: "I heard you were losing your mind." And something to the effect of "The world couldn't handle two Shepards. Think of the property damage." - ReaperShepard reference?

EDIT2: Steve (paraphrase): On the ground, weapon in hand, you're invincible. In a (transport), you're vulnerable. - reference to the hallucination starting at the truck/Mako crash?

EDIT3: Mom (space shepard): Ever since you were little you've been dreaming about your life.

EDIT4: Chakwas can't make the party because of an emergency medical consult on the Citadel.

Last edited by ZerebusPrime on Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:58 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : What I'm building up to here is that what Shepard is in a coma of some sort and what he sees and hears from the real world is bleeding into the dream world. The clone, then, would be Shepard wrestling with the other "him" that he saw in drea)
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by ViolentSound Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:07 am

Visual patterns are usually something that a decorator would want. I doubt it means much. It's just a really well planned and decorated apartment and I'm kinda in love with it actually.

ViolentSound
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post by noobcannon Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:17 am

i'm too excited for heart of the swarm to care.
noobcannon
noobcannon
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:00 am

Damn you, DD. Thanks to you I have now caught a bout of the feral disease called Neutrality! Seriously, I'm really on the fence now. Arrrrrgh!
AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:45 am

Holy fuck. I found the mother of all symbolism.

The Armax Arena has a lot of miniquests. One of them takes several matches to finish, and it ends with the virtual reality going haywire. The safeties go offline and it starts swarming Shepard with a seemingly endless stream of bosses like praetorians, banshees, and primes. The round counter is also screwed, so simply winning 3 rounds doesn't get you out of it. Shepard would've died in that virtual reality. Who pulled his fat out of the fire? The IT department.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still not going to DD's side in thinking BW is going to somehow pull a reveal out of their asses in a week. But that's just... holy shit. Symbolism overload.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:47 am

So its another case of 'holodecks' not having safety functions, and are completely lethal? Figures

Also, it might be a little wink at us if its actually called the IT department.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next