I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC)

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC)

Post by ZerebusPrime on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:48 pm

The following in an excerpt from an email from Diana Allers given shortly before Priority: Earth.

And when the fight is over, and my signal goes out on tightbeam, people are going to come together from all over the galaxy. They're going to watch from their couches, and they'll celebrate. And one day, they'll laugh again.

People coming together from all over the galaxy? Check. - the ME1, ME2, and ME3 squadmembers
Celebration? Check - the party
Couch? Check - the picture
Laughing? Check - the party again

The email is entitled "Normal is the Best Revenge." It's about how the best way to stick it to the Reapers is to make everything normal again.
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Re: I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC)

Post by HomesV500 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:55 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:The following in an excerpt from an email from Diana Allers given shortly before Priority: Earth.

And when the fight is over, and my signal goes out on tightbeam, people are going to come together from all over the galaxy. They're going to watch from their couches, and they'll celebrate. And one day, they'll laugh again.

People coming together from all over the galaxy? Check. - the ME1, ME2, and ME3 squadmembers

The email is entitled "Normal is the Best Revenge." It's about how the best way to stick it to the Reapers is to make everything normal again.
I've gotten that e-mail before but wow I never knew it's true meaning. Nice catch!
HomesV500
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by DaniSaur on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:08 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
Humakt83 wrote:First song that plays in your apartment when you turn stereos on, isn't it the same odd song you can play on Normandy?

Yes... I love that song. Wish I could hear the lyrics somewhat better. Something about choices and... voices?

Anyway, it's been stuck in my head for three days now.

Really sorry about the terribly late reply, but I just found this song on YouTube and I remembered you guys talking about it. Hopefully you can hear it a little better here. It's called Shout Out Out Out Out - Bad Choices. Weird song...
DaniSaur
Gas Bag

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:00 am

I wasn't trying to insult anyone, just that ... I'd be more inclined to speculate along and open a discourse of discussion if there was more, well, evidence to back up these ideas. I have no problem tossing ideas around, but I feel they need to be supported by in-game evidence more than anything else.

For example, the Traynor thing and the Toothbrush. The datapad - I've read it, every play through and it says that they smuggled in EEZO in the toothbrush. Why did they? Because the toothbrush REQUIRES eezo to run, since it uses mass-effect fields. Traynor brought it up as a way of tossing it into the universe and your awareness so you know WTF the datapad is talking about later when you find it.

That's my take anyway, the used it to get eezo so they could power weapons, and we're aware of how expensive the Cision toothbrushes are because Traynor had previously explained that she had one, letting you know they weren't common due to expenses. *shrug*
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:35 pm

^ I agree.

DaniSaur wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:
Humakt83 wrote:First song that plays in your apartment when you turn stereos on, isn't it the same odd song you can play on Normandy?

Yes... I love that song. Wish I could hear the lyrics somewhat better. Something about choices and... voices?

Anyway, it's been stuck in my head for three days now.

Really sorry about the terribly late reply, but I just found this song on YouTube and I remembered you guys talking about it. Hopefully you can hear it a little better here. It's called Shout Out Out Out Out - Bad Choices. Weird song...

Hey thanks! I appreciate that. I really like that song.

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:55 pm

CSSteele wrote:of how expensive the Cision toothbrushes are because Traynor had previously explained that she had one, letting you know they weren't common due to expenses. *shrug*

hm... what does that remind me of? something not being common due to expenses? Oh, yes. Of course. The QEC.

So we now have Traynor associeated with 2 high tech extremely usefull things not being common due to expenses...
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere on Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:13 pm

demersel wrote:
CSSteele wrote:of how expensive the Cision toothbrushes are because Traynor had previously explained that she had one, letting you know they weren't common due to expenses. *shrug*

hm... what does that remind me of? something not being common due to expenses? Oh, yes. Of course. The QEC.

So we now have Traynor associeated with 2 high tech extremely usefull things not being common due to expenses...

If you want to get technical by merely being on the Normandy SR2 she is probably associated or close to several technologies which are not common due to expenses. I mean the Normandy SR2 is probably the most expensive ship in the entire universe (the Normandy SR1 had the cost of a heavy cruiser, going by what we know of the SR2 it s probably more expensive than a Dreadnought).

N7

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:43 pm

About the bad choices song - here's the lyrics -

"i'm self destructing i admit
i make so many bad bad choices
here's the thing that i admit
i always know they're bad choices

i make bad bad choices,
I make so many choices"

And people STILL think that there is even a slight chance that IT was not intended and is not what ME3 is all about??

demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:42 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:The following in an excerpt from an email from Diana Allers given shortly before Priority: Earth.

It's also the very last thing 99% of players are going to see before assaulting Earth. I would expect most people talk to everyone like me, so after Cronos you talk to everyone on each deck, then go back to the galaxy map to launch the mission. But you get this e-mail after talking to Allers the final time, so it will be in your inbox after talking to everyone, after you've finished up everything else. Amazing placement.
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:12 pm

demersel wrote:About the bad choices song - here's the lyrics -

"i'm self destructing i admit
i make so many bad bad choices
here's the thing that i admit
i always know they're bad choices

i make bad bad choices,
I make so many choices"

And people STILL think that there is even a slight chance that IT was not intended and is not what ME3 is all about??

Fantastic!!!

I -KNEW- there was something going on with those lyrics! cheers

I love that song!

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:44 am

Reposted from main thread:

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Okay, it happened again. But Kaidan's and Grunt's lines aren't related. They are random one-liners that you can hear when you walk around. I got both lines again, but on separate occasions, not right after each other. So, they're randomized.

I was standing in the bedroom upstairs, near the hot tub, and I could hear Kaidan through the floor (he's downstairs in the kitchen), saying:

"But I thought Shepard was dead!"

This time it was followed up by someone else (I think Cortez) saying: "You guys are great!"

It could simply be referring to the Collector attack and Shepard's death in ME2 though, but it is pretty damn amazing how much dialogue in this game (with squad mates, but also random people on the citadel) is about thinking someone is dead, or hoping that someone is still alive.

I got the "Never seen him again" line too. On second thought it sounds more like Wrex than Grunt, but it's not related to the Shepard comment anyway. And yes, he says "him".

Another thing that I think is really interesting is the reflections in the apartment. Just look at the reflective surfaces as you walk around the house. Notice anything?

It's the same pattern everywhere... two lights paired together, repeated over and over. The surfaces don't actually reflect what is in the room, just a default texture that is the same everywhere in the house. It's on the floors, the walls, the shower, the glass panels... it's very noticeable in the shower.

It could be entirely coincidental, but once you notice it, you can't stop noticing it. The perspective as you walk makes the reflections look like Harbinger's eyes are following you everywhere. Because the closer reflections are further apart than the ones further away from you. This really makes it somewhat look like Harby's eyes: Harbinger

Again, it could be coincidental, but it totally reminds me of the tree reflections on the walkways in the decision chamber.

More interesting lines by people at the party:

Garrus: One man's decorative glass wall fixture is another man's explosive glass wall fixture.

Grunt: Never trust that guy.

Garrus: And at the very end, we push the button. Job well done.

Zaeed: And it would have worked if not for goddamned DNA!

Fantastic line about the implausibility of synthesis there by Zaeed!

God damn, so many gems in the dialogue! cheers

DoomsdayDevice wrote:LOL:

Garrus: One man's decorative glass wall fixture is another man's explosive glass wall fixture. (...)
Zaeed: Weaponized wall fixtures, Shepard. Wave of the future in home defense.

Wow, hint much, Bioware? Laughing

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:12 am

Reposted from main thread:

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Damn guys, I'm not joking.

IT stuff is everywhere.

Check this:

Mordin: Now children, science key to advancement, but can seem esoteric, indirect. Practical demonstration helps. (...) See children, key to science is testing hypotheses, making observations.

This next one is just epic:

Mordin (singing):

Through many dangers, foils and snares
I have already come
'Tis grace that brought me safe thus far
And grace will lead me home

*sharp breath*

(Speaking):

Maybe next time! Until then, will stick to Patter songs!

I mean, seriously! The message is everywhere... "grace will lead me home"!

And then a sharp breath followed by 'maybe next time!'

EPIC troll, Bioware. Laughing

Again, it feels like Bioware is just laughing at us.

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:51 am

The thing about being laughed at is that it stops being funny rather quickly.
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:23 am

I don't really think they're laughing at ITers.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:54 pm

Yeah I didn't mean it that way.

Not laughing at IT-ers.

They're laughing at the people who think it's all coincidence and bad riting lulz.

There's a lot of hidden messages in the dialogue.

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko on Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:09 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
They're laughing at the people who think it's all coincidence and bad riting lulz.

Can't blame them really. I've been laughing at the "ME3 is bad writing" snobs since the game came out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:35 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Yeah I didn't mean it that way.

Not laughing at IT-ers.

There's a lot of hidden messages in the dialogue.

I remember telling my boyfriend that this DLC is like the writers going to the Romance forum people: "You want your fanservice? HERE'S YOUR GODDAMN FANSERVICE!!!" and stuffing their stomachs with it until they explode with Javik romance scenes and Uncle Wrex quotes.

While the Romance forum people don't seem to clue in that those characters they just fell even more in love with, aren't even the right characters (so many strange details and behaviors from them) or possibly written by the same people as before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyberfrog on Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:38 pm

"Wave of the future". Hah.

Yeah, you've found some neat stuff Happy
Thought I'd take a break from my little war with the forum overlords to tell you that.
Cyberfrog
Gas Bag

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:46 pm

Cyberfrog wrote:"Wave of the future". Hah.

Yeah, you've found some neat stuff Happy
Thought I'd take a break from my little war with the forum overlords to tell you that.

Appreciate that.

You'll get no heat from me though - I completely understand where you're coming from. It's good to be sceptical. I just happen to disagree with you on the subject of the tree reflections. No big deal. It's common in IT. We don't all agree on what is evidence and what is not. I personally think that a lot of finds don't hold all that much weight. I have this thing with finding stuff in the dialogue though.

There is just so much in there, that even if say, 75% of our finds were simply confirmation bias, then there's still a lot of valid clues in there.

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:49 am

I don't know if everything that we find was "part of the plan" for IT...but at the very least it shows that the writer's are at least competent (even if accidentaly) - for all the "tongue in cheek" comments that they were able to sneak in.

"Does that mean it will kill your smug ass too?"

DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:08 am

Can anyone get some high resolution pictures of Anderson's library of books? I'm trying to read the book titles, but it's next to impossible on my Xbox.

"The Visual Display of Qu(something) Information" piqued my curiosity
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by spotlessvoid on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:01 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:Can anyone get some high resolution pictures of Anderson's library of books? I'm trying to read the book titles, but it's next to impossible on my Xbox.

Quantum?
spotlessvoid
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:00 pm

spotlessvoid wrote:
ZerebusPrime wrote:Can anyone get some high resolution pictures of Anderson's library of books? I'm trying to read the book titles, but it's next to impossible on my Xbox.

Quantum?

I thought that, too, but it doesn't seem to fit.
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:07 am

In case it gets missed.... Demersel pointed out that the name Miranda has a root meaning of "memory." And we know that Maya from Maya Brooks means "illusion." So the clone's line....

"You have Miranda, and I have Brooks. Only mine's better."

Becomes

"You have memory, and I have illusion. Only mine's better."

And then the fight versus the Clone, if it drags on long enough, has Shepard shouting out all the places he's been to, one memory after another as he pummels the clone and kicks him off the ship.

One possible implication is that the Normandy is Shepard's body, the clone is a manifestation of an indoctrinated Shepard's mind, and Shepard himself is struggling to get back control of himself.
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:16 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:In case it gets missed.... Demersel pointed out that the name Miranda has a root meaning of "memory." And we know that Maya from Maya Brooks means "illusion." So the clone's line....

"You have Miranda, and I have Brooks. Only mine's better."

Becomes

"You have memory, and I have illusion. Only mine's better."

That's if Miranda is dead, correct?

That's interesting.
Andromidius
Admin

http://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top