Lucid Dreaming

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lucid Dreaming

Post by lex0r on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:52 am

Well well, I did not expect to see this topic here but at the same time I wonder why it took so long for it to happen too. I mean IT, right?

I know of this 'technique'. Very well in fact because me and many others had the opportunity to take classes and use it for work. They are still researching it of course for our specific field of application but it can work for many things as I am still learning.

So after 4 years I am still smiling at this one sentence a guy said while talking about this technique in general. He basically just warned us, told us to expect some backfiring.

And he was right. While lucid dreaming can be wonderful, it can also be very devastating for people like me who have seen or experienced some horrible things. Mind you, it's just natural for life to be that way. How can you appreciate the good things in life without knowing the bad? Being able to live it in a dream just takes it to a whole new level. That I am sometimes not in control at my stage is not the problem for me personally but it will be different for everyone I guess.

It is really difficult at times but I have a tendency to find awkward ways to confront fear. Growing up I was always afraid of heights. I jumped out of an airplane when I was 19 for the first time and did so many more times after that.

So a fear was conquered but there were one or two others to replace it, it is difficult to explain. Let's just say certain things that happened have changed my view on mortality and life in general. Sounds a bit cheesy maybe but it is what it is.

I just wanted to say to people wanting to "trying it out" that it is a double-edged business.

https://www.youtube.com/lex0r
"I like to think about the first law of thermodynamics, that no energy in the universe is created and none is destroyed. Every bit of energy inside us, every particle will go on to be a part of something else. And every part of us now was once a part of some other thing."
lex0r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:57 pm

I see what you mean, Lex. Thanks for sharing.

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:40 pm

lex0r11 wrote:*snip*

I just wanted to say to people wanting to "trying it out" that it is a double-edged business.
Raistlin Majere and DD provided great examples of what one can gain from lucid dreaming, and now you have presented a great example of why it can backfire. I too thank you for sharing, I agree it is natural for life to be like that... this sort of control, is not the usual MO for humans and we don't control every aspect of ourselves just because we are controlling a new aspect. This alone, would mean an inevitable risk that another part of you somewhere, will greatly effect the experience.

So as a more blunt warning, to anyone whom may have had experienced something VERY bad, VERY horrible... there is a very real risk in becoming Lucid, especially if such things already plague your dream world you wouldn't want to experience them like their actually real, which gets even worse if there is no escape till the dream is over.

Heck there is even a risk with regular, normally practically harmless, nightmares, because when lucid your senses will be much more vivid. You know... pain can be experienced in dreams... which is also why, Alice from Alice in Wonderland is an idiot for thinking that pinching herself was a good way to know if something is a dream or not. There is much better reality checks lol Sure it can work, but just because you don't wake up or realize it's a dream... that doesn't mean it's necessarily real. Though regular nightmares aren't that bad, especially in comparison to what other people could end up experiencing, and Lucidity usually does not happen during nightmares.... usually when you become Lucid, it will stop being a nightmare if it was one. Assuming we are talking about nightmares, and not something much worse.

Anyways yeah, become Lucid responsibly. The peeps of IT have been warned.

Also I agree Lex, the IT and LD go hand in hand.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine on Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:53 pm

So last night I had a Lucid Dream, now I don't want to talk about the details of the dream itself because of the *ahem*perverse*ahem* nature of it lol

But it was a Lucid Dream. Which also, it was more vivid than usual, in fact it was near perfect if not perfectly like when awake. This is a huge success for me because normally my Lucid Dreams are not that vivid. While I pointed out the value of vividness in a dream, it is not necessarily necessary, if that makes sense. Becoming Lucid can depend on how logical and rational you can be on a usual basis, I just so happen to be logical and rational in such a "stubborn" way that vividness hardly matters for me. However, if you are NOT getting Lucid Dreams then increasing vividness WILL inevitably cause you to attain Lucidity in your dreams. If your logic and Reason skills are diminished in your dreams, then the best solution is to make your dream self more aware so you can realize it's a dream.

Anyways enough of the explanation, this was a huge success for me so I wanted to share it. Also since this is page 2, I want to again offer to anyone who wants it: I have a program that will take images from a folder and it will flash the images on-screen in a fraction of a second. This is not my program, the guy who made it I forgot the name. Anyway the premise is to fill your subconscious with specific content from a folder of images. I find tt can help achieve lucidity GREATLY. What you do is you make images of text that say things like "You are dreaming!", "You will have a Lucid Dream!", "You are having a Lucid dream", etc in many variations. I'll include my images of such text if anyone wants me to.

You can also include other images of specific content to fill your subconscious with. Say you want the majority of your dreams to take place in a beautiful place, fantasy or reality, past/present/future, etc. Or you can include pictures of a certain person, so they'll be in your dreams. Or you can use pictures pertaining to a specific event, or action. Like say images of people sword fighting, so your dreams will be filled with epic sword fights, and experience specific epic battles, etc. Also I should note that it's best for the image to be of the same resolution as your screen, because if it's larger then part of it will be off-screen and if it's smaller it will be centered instead of taking up the whole screen. Smaller images, aren't that much of a problem. Though the easiest way to get a good amount of images in your resolution, is to look for the specific subject as a Wallpaper.

If anyone wants this program, let me know, I'll upload it somewhere and link to it. It helps a lot.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:54 pm

I would like that program IronicParticle :)

N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:31 pm

Raistlin Majere wrote:I would like that program IronicParticle :)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4pccozzchcwmmzs

Here ya go. What is your screen resolution? Just curious, it doesn't matter.

Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:01 am

To specify, it's best to customize the images of text involving lucid dreaming for your screen size. I will make anyone a set of Lucid dreaming text images

As well as I said, searching for wallpapers of what you want your dreams to be about in your resolution helps a lot.

Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia L on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:50 am

I've had two lucid dreams in my life. In one I was able to use Force Lightning on people that chased me, in the other I used an omni-tool to open a door to get away from pursuers. I remember thinking something like "Wait, if this is a dream then I might as well be able to do this"

Geeky, huh? :) Too bad both dreams were mainly about horrible people chasing me and I awoke pretty soon after being able to control things and get my Sith powers and omni tool.

I want to learn to have lucid dreams, but I'm afraid I might just remember nightmares more easily. Interesting topic anyway.

Cecilia L
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:00 am

Cecilia L wrote:I've had two lucid dreams in my life. In one I was able to use Force Lightning on people that chased me, in the other I used an omni-tool to open a door to get away from pursuers. I remember thinking something like "Wait, if this is a dream then I might as well be able to do this"

Geeky, huh? :) Too bad both dreams were mainly about horrible people chasing me and I awoke pretty soon after being able to control things and get my Sith powers and omni tool.

I want to learn to have lucid dreams, but I'm afraid I might just remember nightmares more easily. Interesting topic anyway.
Like 95% of my dreams are nightmares, weirdly enough whenever I go lucid either a nightmare was not happening or the nightmare will become a dream. All I know is that if you can control your dream, how scary is it when you got force lightning? lol!

As mentioned before the main risk is when you lack control of your dream, so you are fully aware but you can't for example stop a person from burning you alive, or you have to relive an experience or something horrible to that effect, so you're forced to live through that.

But dude, you're a god in the dream world if you KNOW you can control it to such an extent as you do. Just tell the scary people to fuck off while you cause poles to go up their asses with the force lol

Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:15 pm

Holy crap, had ANOTHER Lucid dream. I guess it's beginning to become natural for me.

Sweet, all that practice is bearing fruit.

Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by CmdrShep80 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:34 am

Interesting topic...

Nice to know there are other people engaged in similar types of dreaming. I have had several. Some connected to bad dreams others connected to awesome dreams.

The one pertaining to controlling dreams, I had run into a period where I started having dreams within dreams. It also wasn't the most positive dream either. I would start out in the house and having to have to escape it and the bad stuff happening there. It kind of sucked to go to sleep because the same dream happened every night for what felt like weeks (recurring dream). After a bit I actually got myself to recognize if I was still in a dream or not since I had the experience of waking up and finding out I never woke up but was still stuck in the dream and still stuck having to escape (also same recurring dream). Red happened to be the predominant theme in that dream where the rooms would go red, things will turn red, etc. I learned to use the light. I found out one day the lights don't turn on in the dreams (given it was scary already as it was the lights not turning on didn't help). So I learned to recognize that, getting some control over the dream. Escape it easier to the point where the escape was me waking up, wake up after and check the light if it came on. If it did, I was awake. If it didn't I knew where I was then and try to get me to wake up again. Probably why I leave the lights on all over the house for. Eventually that one stopped. But if it is dark and the lights aren't working and the power isn't out I will probably freak out over it lol

I had one where I actually threw someone onto a dresser (literally). I thought I dreamed the whole thing. She said no I actually did throw her. She said I mumbled a bunch of things and tossed her. What happened for me I was all paranoid that day cause someone had thrown a rock through the window a few days earlier. She left wasn't supposed to be back till the following night, I blinked and poof there she was (came home early I was still paranoid thinking that she was not here). I freaked out ran out of bed grabbed her, shook her saying tell me who are you, what's your name (weird I know)? Bonked her on the wall (real life it was the dresser) she eventually said her name (real life no she didn't). I was like ok you're definitely you and not an impostor you and went back to bed (real life I mumbled a bunch of things tossed her on dresser, mumbled some more and went to bed. She was freaked after lol and didn't want to sleep in the same bed for like a week.

Then there's the interesting ones I like to call the déjà vu type of dreams. Most of these are my personal opinion where I'll dream something, things will happen. I wake up go through life then one day something in real life happens and I go wtf? I've done this before. Almost like foreshadowing things. Could be things like working with someone I've never met then one day going wtf you're like that person from the dream a year ago. One was having gotten up gotten ready for school, went to school, did a whole exam then after I turned it in I woke up. I was like f%^*!!! And tried to remember all my answers cause I had gotten it all right in the dream. Real life I didn't do as good as that lol. And had to take the same damn test twice. One dream test and one real test.

I kind of like to view the dreams I have as having gone somewhere else. Think of it as 16 hours you're you here and 16 hours you're you there. You live two different and distinct timeframes and even lives. The connecting point between the two happens to be the transition of the dream. Kind of sets up the whole am I dreaming me right now kind of thing. Worse and stupidest thing you can do just before you go to bed is say "I wonder what happens to my consciousness when I go to sleep." I guarantee you it will keep you up for hours trying to ponder an answer for that for where your conscious awareness actually goes while you're asleep and/or dreaming and can keep you from actually falling asleep/sleeping

I know it's probably all weird but then dreams don't make a whole lot of sense or do they? But thanks for taking time to read it all =)

A Translation of the Final Decision Chamber
What the Crucible Does - An Attempt to Explain How it Works

So, the VI was Right After All...
Was the Beam Run a Hallucination?
Spock=Byne; Chekov=Commander Shepard; Melkotions=Reapers; Setting=Decision Chamber; Kirk/McCoy=The players
CmdrShep80
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:12 am

CmdrShep80 wrote:Interesting topic...

Nice to know there are other people engaged in similar types of dreaming. I have had several. Some connected to bad dreams others connected to awesome dreams.

*snip*

I know it's probably all weird but then dreams don't make a whole lot of sense or do they? But thanks for taking time to read it all =)
For future reference... there is much easier ways to know if it's a dream or not. The esiest kind, is the kind that calls reality into question. For example if there is writing in the dream, look at it, if it's squiggled lines then it's a dream. If it's not squiggled lines, look away from it then look back at it, usually in dreams the text will change because your subconscious does not care to be consistent.

You can also try to plug your nose and close your mouth, then try to breathe. If you can breathe despite it being impossible, you are in a dream. You can also try to "will" things that wouldn't normally work, like put your hand against a wall and push, and "will" it to go through it. If it goes through you are in a dream.

Looking into mirrors can work, sometimes you'll have no reflection or you'll see someone else. Similarly focus on your hands, if they aren't your normal hands, you know it's a dream. You can also jump up and see if you float back down to the floor instead of falling like normal, or if you fly for that matter lol

As for the "foreshadowing", there is some more logical explanations for that. First of all our brains are like supercomputers, the ammount of data calculated is unreal. Their powerful enough to calculate the odds of certain things, however sometimes people exhibit foreshadowing of things that they couldn't have known... now for those, there is this theory that Human's subconsciouses contact each other exchanging information, potentially things like what your plans are, etc. So you could dream of meeting someone, then you meet that person in real life, theoretically it's probably because your subconscious traded information with them at some point, your brains told each other your daily habits, you routines, your plans, etc. Then bam, the "prediction" was right. Even if such a trade of info between brains had a limited range, you could've been close enough to the person without meeting them, like if they were in another store next door while you were shopping, etc.

I don't think dreams actually go to other worlds, I think it's all "imaginary", not real. There is a lot we don't understand, but it seems more so that dreams are just our imagination, especially when you think about how dreams depend heavily on memory. A person born blind will never dream with images because they have no memories of shapes, colors, etc, but if they swapped bodies with some person in another universe or something, why COULDN'T they have visual dreams? It's limited based on your memories.

I like to think of dreams as my own personal world, free of all restriction except those that I impose on it.

Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia L on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:33 am

Ok, not lucid dream-related, but I just had to share this one I had last night.

I don't remember that many details, but I was watching The Hobbit part 2 and it turned out that Jack was Elrond's daughter. He was pissed off about Cerberus hurting his long lost child and she was returning to Middle Earth (switching dimensions from the MEU or something). Jack, on the other hand was not happy about being back. She was crying.

So now you know what to expect in december!
Surprising that subject zero is in fact a half-elf :) I don't buy it.

Sorry for going off topic, but at least ME related.

Cecilia L
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine on Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:31 am

Cecilia L wrote:Ok, not lucid dream-related, but I just had to share this one I had last night.

I don't remember that many details, but I was watching The Hobbit part 2 and it turned out that Jack was Elrond's daughter. He was pissed off about Cerberus hurting his long lost child and she was returning to Middle Earth (switching dimensions from the MEU or something). Jack, on the other hand was not happy about being back. She was crying.

So now you know what to expect in december!
Surprising that subject zero is in fact a half-elf :) I don't buy it.

Sorry for going off topic, but at least ME related.
Technically you are more on topic because it was a dream, this is the General randomness forum :P

BTW that sounds like a pretty funny dream.

Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine on Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:00 pm

So I had a lucid dream last night! It was way more vivid, like perfectly real. It also lasted much longer. I find it is much harder to remember dreams the more vivid they are, so I need to improve my dream recall with my dream journal. But what I can remember is:

I was following Terroja aka TheAmazingAtheist from YouTube in my dream. It was like he was doing a YouTube video, except in person to me. My family was also with me, they were pointing out how strange he is, etc. Then I realized it was a dream because I realized there is no possible way I would be talking to, and in the presence of, TheAmazingAtheist since IRL he is in a different state.

I started to lose the dream scape eventually, and so I remembered to stabilize the dream. For those who don't know, if you start waking up, or you just start losing vividness, you can stabilize the dream scape by focusing on your senses. So rubbing your hands together to stimulate touch, focusing your sight on something in the dream, paying attention to sounds in the dream, etc, etc.

I also remembered to do reality checks finally. Aside from realizing the impossibility of the situation, I jumped up and realized I was dreaming because I floated back down slowly. After realizing it was a dream, I explored. As I said, I need to improve my dream recall in order to remember what happens in better detail.

Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:21 pm

So I think that there is a general increase in the vividness of my dreams, even non lucid ones have been increasingly more vivid.

Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:34 pm

Ok so been a while since I've posted anything in here. I've had a few lucid dreams since my last update but I actually took a break on going out of my way to lucid dream. Until now, now I'm getting back to it.

But one night I finally managed some serious dream control. I managed to freeze everyone and everything in my vicinity. Which is awesome. Next time I lucid dream I'm gonna aim for increasing the length of it. But when I get back to lucid control again I'll try telekinesis, flying and summoning in no particular order.

Also, found out my tattoos are the perfect reality check. They are always weird or are not there in my dreams, so I know right away that I'm dreaming.

Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane on Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:59 pm

Nice to hear from you again IP. I love nightmares more than normal dreams tbh, so vividness would be fantastic for them. Good to hear you're back in the game, I will start from tonight

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine on Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:07 pm

CoolioThane wrote:Nice to hear from you again IP. I love nightmares more than normal dreams tbh, so vividness would be fantastic for them. Good to hear you're back in the game, I will start from tonight
Hey Coolio, if you want to increase vividness I don't know what all you've read but a dream journal is the biggest thing that will help. When you wake up, just try to remember as much as you possibly can... and I mean, try your best to remember even the smallest details. You'll remember more and more over time, and I don't know if they are linked but your dreams will become more vivid. I know they appear to be linked, because as you make progress in dream recall you also make progress in increasing vividness.

Anyways that's an interesting change, actually liking nightmares, any particular reasons why?. Do you just plan on increased vividness, or does becoming lucid appeal to you? I think lucidity is when things are the most lucid possible... trust me, I've woken up in my bed and everything was identical to real life even my emotions and my 5 senses. Turned out I was still dreaming LOL

Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane on Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:32 pm

I think lucidity doesn't really appeal to me that much at the moment, because I feel like having control is cheating in nightmares. I love being terrified, and a vivid nightmare would be amazing.

I don't really know why I like feeling that sense of terror and fear, but I know all of my favourite dreams in life have been horrifying. I'll list a few that I loved:

1) Had a recurring nightmare as a child where my brothers and I would run down the road to the medical centre, then come back but the car was gone from the drive and the door was locked. At this point my brothers went around to the back door and left me in the driveway. Here, a man rides up on a motorcycle, steps off and comes towards me, without taking his black helmet off, and throttles me. Had it quite a few times as a kid.

2) Couple months ago I was camping with some friends for my pal Emily's birthday. I was sharing a tent with her and our friend Charlotte when I fell asleep and started dreaming. I was in a house, but everything felt wrong and there was that amazing eery, terrifying feeling which was great. As I walked by a doorway, there were a pair of twins that looked like the girl from The Ring just levitating over a table. One of them was holding a knife which frightened my dreamself enough for him to wake up, but I was still dreaming. So I woke up in this four poster bed with white sheets hanging all around, and I could hear these horrifying whispers that were getting louder and louder, while shadows started appearing behind the sheets and they started billowing. This was the most terrifying experience I've ever had in a dream and I loved every minute. I woke up screaming in this tent with my two friends. Needless to say they thought I was a right weirdo

3) Only a week or two after #2 I was lying in bed at home, back from uni for summer now, and I was a Paranormal Investigator looking through these really creepy buildings. I really want to find creepy abandoned places in real life to look through, I think it's the closest I could get to the terrifying feel of happiness for me. Anyways, things were really eerie, and I came to a door with a note on it. Annoyingly I can't remember what it says, just that it creeped me out; something like "Beware the presence of evil, for its eyes are everywhere" or something, and as I tried to shut the door, a force pushed me backwards and smashed the door out of the frame. I instantly woke up screaming and I loved it again. I've not had a scary dream since then sadly ;_;

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine on Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:25 pm

CoolioThane wrote:*snip*
Lucidity and dream control are 2 different things technically speaking, a lot of people aspire for lucidity to in turn control the dream. But I made a typo in my last post, I meant to say things are most VIVID when lucid. Anyways, when you are lucid your subconscious does not stop creating the dreamscape, it continues to produce a regular dream(or nightmare). It's more like logging onto a computer's guest account that also has administrative permissions. You have absolute power but the subconscious has just as much power and by all rights if it didn't want you to control it, it could stop you, thus meaning it actually has MORE power.

Plenty of people, when lucid, avoid trying to control the dreamscape so they can let the subconscious do what it normally does. Basically, they choose to be an observer. The thing is lucidity is required if you want your dream experience, controlled or not controlled, to be as close to real life as possible. What I mean is, lucidity is either required or inevitable when it comes to 100% vividness. I'm not sure which it is, but the end product is the same... being that you are lucid when things are identical to real life, your 5 senses and your emotions are working fully as if you are awake. Acknowledging the typo I made in my last post, I meant to say that because things are so vivid when lucid... I have a hard time telling the difference between dream and reality. I have to do a reality check, otherwise I'm afraid of consequences and I am restrained to the laws of physics. I have achieved such vividness because I have been maintaining full awareness for longer and longer times aka been getting better at achieving lucidity.

But above all, even dream control could be good for you believe it or not. There is different ways to control the dream... for example, you can talk to your subconscious and believe it or not but your subconscious complies pretty nicely. You can ask through dream people, or just shout your question into the dreamscape. You can ask it anything, a lot of stuff will affect the dreamscape especially since the subconscious likes to respond by changing the dreamscape. For example, and this is where you might love the idea:

Asking your dream what your greatest fear is. But you could ask it other questions too... you could just demand your subconscious to create a nightmare and your subconscious will comply with some pretty damn good accuracy because your subconscious knows your intentions, etc more than anyone else. Even more than yourself LOL You can also look into some forms of dream control that involve being awake... like intending to have a nightmare before going to sleep.

But even after hearing all this you still don't think it appeals to you. Dream Journal, I'm pretty sure a Dream Journal is 100% necessary for increasing vividness. It's the only method I've heard about for directly increasing vividness.

Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere on Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:48 pm

Just had a very vivid dream/nightmare last night.

I was in a post apocalyptic world, zombie apocalypse to be precise, living near a compound where people had holed up to try and survive. I could not get into said compound as I was infected, but in some kind of mid stage part of it where I retained my sanity, but was also ignored by zombies. What i remember the most is a craving for meat.

I lived in a nearby abandoned town surrounded by beautiful grass filled hills. There were more like me in the village, living out or last moments, days, weeks no idea how long it would last. I remember though that we protected uninfected people from the zombies as they did not attack us.

It was...strange, walking through the countryside with regularly seeing zombies around, but feeling no fear and even at one point conversing with another human by means of shouting to him across the wall.

Though pretty stable in a single perspective, that changed as the dream became more of a nightmare and started to fall apart. A woman, one of the infected I remember, helped zombies gain access to the compound for some reason and i remember running in there to try and help.

As soon as i did that my dream started jumping around, becoming unstable as I looked through the eyes of victims cornered by zombies and the zombies themselves, changing constantly.

It was terrifying and I woke shortly after heaving for breath and could not sleep for an hour after that.

It is certainly one of my more intense experiences in regards to vivid dreaming. Usually my dreams, at least the ones I remember, are more quiet and scenic, showcasing amazing and alien landscapes. But in that way despite the dark turn at the end it was also a very refreshing and interesting experience and i certainly feel the vividness of my dreams increasing steadily.

N7

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele on Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:32 am

I have had some sort of control in some of my dreams in the past, however.. I always know I'm dreaming because in my dreams, I am generally --- meaning 98% of the time really -- in a 'third-person' perspective.. I watch the events of my dreams from outside of myself.. which.. is odd. So I always know when I'm dreaming.

Odd? Anyone else?
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus on Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:39 pm

I rarely have any dreams...
But when I do, their weird as hell and I always know that I'm dreaming. Always...
3rd person, 1st person, 2nd person - be my guest, I have it all...
Nothing is clear in my dreams. Hard to tell what is goin' on and where am I..
When it IS clear, however - they're nightmares...
Odd? 0,o

Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:18 pm

Maximus wrote:I rarely have any dreams...
But when I do, their weird as hell and I always know that I'm dreaming. Always...
3rd person, 1st person, 2nd person - be my guest, I have it all...
Nothing is clear in my dreams. Hard to tell what is goin' on and where am I..
When it IS clear, however - they're nightmares...
Odd? 0,o
Nightmares do tend to be clearer for some reason, though don't ask me why.

Usually all my dreams are first person, though not necessarily static first person. I often leap from person to person in dreams. Still, when I get something like a dream of flying on a dragon across a moon lit sea, a dream which I get surprisingly often, the first person view is amazing.

N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top