Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lucid Dreaming

+7
Cecilia L
lex0r
Hanako Ikezawa
DoomsdayDevice
Raistlin Majere
RavenEyry
Terramine
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Lucid Dreaming - Page 3 Empty Re: Lucid Dreaming

Post by Maximus Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:26 pm

Raistlin Majere wrote:Usually all my dreams are first person, though not necessarily static first person. I often leap from person to person in dreams. Still, when I get something like a dream of flying on a dragon across a moon lit sea, a dream which I get surprisingly often, the first person view is amazing.
Mein Gott! 0,o
Must be truly amazing experience! 0,o
I wouldn't want to wake up if I had such dreams....

#off TOP happens!
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:30 pm

Awesome that your vividness is making such progress Raistlin. I mean, you don't seem to regret it at least so I'll take it as a positive thing for you. I would agree that nightmares tend to be clearer. The harsh nature of nightmares is more stressful on your sleep stability, so that could be why they tend to be clearer in general.

As for CSSteele and Maximus, very interesting that you guys are always aware you are dreaming. I've had 3rd person views, but they've become decreasingly common as I lucid dream and vividness increases. In fact they've seemingly ceased all together. There was 2 kinds, the traditional 3rd person and then another kind where it was me inside of a video game or a TV in general. Sometimes the TV's borders are on the edge of my field of vision, other times there was no TV then I pull a sudden inception-type twist where all along I was inside a TV and the dream shifts to another "me" outside of the TV. Which usually happens towards the end of my dream.

This most commonly happens when I'm dreaming of myself being Shepard in the mass effect universe.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lex0r Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:52 pm

I had a pretty intense nightmare a few nights ago. It had most of my family, friends and my girlfriend in it.

Not going to go into much detail. It began quite okay, rather happy and so on but then it started to get really dark. Something or someone made me hurt those people. As I said, I'm not going to go into much detail, partly because of something I posted in here before (I think) but it involved violence.

And it wasn't like me seeing everything while trapped in a body I couldn't control. It was more like I did it and after a while I realized what I've done and I tried to fight it. So it was one of those dreams I lost control over and it was not very pleasant. I'm used to these kind of dreams because of my history and I hadn't have one for a while now but this one was something else.

Really trying to understand the timing. Only thing that could be linked to it is, that a few days ago I found a really old video on my photobucket account (iknowright?) and in it 2 friends of mine and me were basically dancing while cooking. Just having fun. One of them died from cancer having it a second time. So I was really thinking back to the past and everyone.

Excuse the occasionally odd sentences, it's kinda late and I wanted to quickly get this off my chest.
lex0r
lex0r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:47 pm

That's very harsh, sorry to hear that man. Also I didn't think any of your sentences were odd. Anyways hope things get better for you, I know it's a bit more complicated than that but still.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum