Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by Terramine on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:03 pm

OK so I thought this deserved it's own topic. I've been thinking and discussing about a Reveal mod. Games sometimes end up having mod projects that are huge, and can have either or both volunteers who empathize or sympathize with the cause, and people you hire to help work on it.

Resources:

Potential voice actor for Tali: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4llcvelvSs

Potential voice actors for Commander Shepard: Could find some Impersonators... possibly even Hale or/and Meer themselves would be willing to help.

Writers: None, anyone can help out if they want to. We have a good few writers in our own community if anyone is interested.

Modelers? We might not need modelers, it'd be safer copyright wise to not have anything copyrighted by Bioware included in the mod. Mostly just files from our mod, like scripts, audio files, etc. But then again, locations would be important. Which I think is fine.

Screenwriters: MassEffectFshep

Character Writers: Dwaling(primarily Garrus I think)

Pending/Undefined: TJBartlemus(Writer), Raistlin Majere

Ideas: Thanks to Dwailing, we may want to consider http://www.unrealengine.com/udk/ the unreal UDK instead of an actual mod, we'd build a separate game. It's free and it would give us practically unlimited possibilities, the main concern would that it creates more questions... as in are we able to make a reveal this way concerning legal matters, etc. How would we make the reveal, etc.

Concept: The gist of the idea, is for Shepard to wake up and kick Reaper ass. Hopefully it will be triggered by an interrupt. It will probably be a pretty big project.

This topic is for discussing, how to get this going, and if you have anything to contribute at all that'd be great. Anyone with some experience in any of the above would be a good start, as well any contributions will help.

The mod itself would have to be free, both because the fans deserve it, and also so any copyright could at least fall under fair use.


Last edited by IronicParticle on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:36 am; edited 11 times in total

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2469
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by Terramine on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:13 pm

I wonder if the guy from the MEHEM mod would help out :P

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2469
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by Eryri on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:20 pm

IronicParticle wrote:I wonder if the guy from the MEHEM mod would help out :P

Be great if he could, but from what I've read, he had to work really hard just to make the relatively modest changes in MEHEM. Apparently ME3 is not very mod friendly.
avatar
Eryri
Phantom

Posts : 1178
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 39
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:24 pm

I'm wrapping up my first full-length ME screenplay (Shepard's story pre-ME1)--I took a screenwriting class back in college and have been really into it for the past few years. I'd be happy to help with screenwriting if you guys need it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by Charlie Sheen on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:40 pm

Frankly, I hate the idea of an IT mod of any kind.

Even if it was successful, it wouldn't be any kind of confirmation or reveal. It would justify BioWare in not releasing any IT content.

People would say, you already have an IT mod where you can play through your crazy theory, what more do you need?

_________________


SEVEN SUNS THEORY
avatar
Charlie Sheen
STG

Posts : 507
Join date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by Terramine on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:58 pm

Drewton wrote:*snip*

People would say, you already have an IT mod where you can play through your crazy theory, what more do you need?
What would that matter, if no reveal comes they don't even NEED a justification in the first place. EA, messed with Simcity the way they did, it's already obvious their trolls. It'd be no sweat off my back, if they say some bullshit like that as the difference between them saying it and them not saying it, are nonexistent.

The problem is, the best case scenario, if not the only one POSSIBLE... is for ME4 to be the reveal. Which is unacceptable, I would not eat it up... I'd hit it with a barbwire baseball bat if it comes within 5 feet of me. I'm gonna wait a bit longer, but I'd rather kick start this project ahead of time... so if there is a proper reveal then we can cancel it. If there isn't, then why not give it a shot?

"it wouldn't be any kind of confirmation or reveal"

Not from bioware, without confirmation IT is our idea officially then :l

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2469
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by Terramine on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:06 pm

MassEffectFshep wrote:I'm wrapping up my first full-length ME screenplay (Shepard's story pre-ME1)--I took a screenwriting class back in college and have been really into it for the past few years. I'd be happy to help with screenwriting if you guys need it.
Sure, sounds awesome cheers

Edit: Mental note, we might be able to get Prettz to use his awesome trailer making skillz Gasp

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2469
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by Ghost Of Kesak11 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Sounds great. I would help but I have no clue how to write mods. Laughing I wish anyone luck who tries this.

_________________
Haunting a thread near you!
"Beneath this thread there is more than words. Beneath this thread there is an idea Mr. Priestly...and Ideas are Modproof!" -Ld 1449 HTL fourms
"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard." - Commander Shepard Song.
"Be ready, I wouldn't be surprised if this button summoned a Reaper."
Proud IT Theorist and Talimancer.
"I want more time" - Tali Tali
avatar
Ghost Of Kesak11
Centurion

Posts : 377
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 21
Location : Behind You!

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by MikeyTurvey on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:26 pm

So what are you hoping the end product would be for this? Like a couple extra scenes? Or maybe a post breath mission?
avatar
MikeyTurvey
Thorian Creeper

Posts : 139
Join date : 2013-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by Terramine on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:34 pm

MikeyTurvey wrote:So what are you hoping the end product would be for this? Like a couple extra scenes? Or maybe a post breath mission?
I would actually be hoping for a post end mission/gameplay. The idea of a Suicide Mission 2.0 is an interesting one...

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2469
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by Terramine on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:35 pm

Kesak11 wrote:Sounds great. I would help but I have no clue how to write mods. Laughing I wish anyone luck who tries this.
Well you can always help with ideas and whatnot, if you find any potential resources we could use give a shout out about it.

Eryri wrote:
IronicParticle wrote:I wonder if the guy from the MEHEM mod would help out :P

Be great if he could, but from what I've read, he had to work really hard just to make the relatively modest changes in MEHEM. Apparently ME3 is not very mod friendly.
Well actually in the world of modding anything can be modded, it can just take a bit of effort... also for example, c++ could be used, as well other such programming languages. I'm sure it'd be buggy too, so it'd need testing, etc.

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2469
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by Dwailing on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:20 pm

I could probably try writing for this as a character writer. I don't know how well I'd do as a story writer, but it sounds like that's covered. I mean, couldn't you just see me writing Garrus? Tongue

Oh, and BTW, this is an awesome idea. However, I think it would be too restrictive to do this in ME3. Instead of doing this as a mod, how about making it an entirely separate indie game? Even if we never officially release it, I think it would be easier to do it as something entirely independent of ME3 rather than trying to fit it into the restrictions of the existing game. The Unreal Development Kit is free for non-commercial use, so I'd start there. Or rather, here: http://www.unrealengine.com/udk/ Tongue

_________________



Best emoticon ever.  Of all time: Dwail\'s Garrus 

Decision Chamber Hallucination Theory
RWBY/KS Crossover
avatar
Dwailing
Praetorian

Posts : 1714
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 21
Location : Awaiting ME4 news in Louisville, KY

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by Terramine on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:33 pm

Dwaling wrote:I could probably try writing for this as a character writer. I don't know how well I'd do as a story writer, but it sounds like that's covered. I mean, couldn't you just see me writing Garrus? Tongue

Oh, and BTW, this is an awesome idea. However, I think it would be too restrictive to do this in ME3. Instead of doing this as a mod, how about making it an entirely separate indie game? Even if we never officially release it, I think it would be easier to do it as something entirely independent of ME3 rather than trying to fit it into the restrictions of the existing game. The Unreal Development Kit is free for non-commercial use, so I'd start there. Or rather, here: http://www.unrealengine.com/udk/ Tongue
Well then wouldn't that kinda push the boundaries on fair use? Or are you saying we could start our own game and forget about ME? It'd be cool to make our own game, but in any case I still want a reveal for ME... if Bioware won't treat her right, then we should. I'm not sure of the technicalities, but thanks for the idea. It will have to be looked into more deeply before we finally get some progress on making the game content IN-game-wise. So your idea will be considered.

As well, you can be a Character writer if you want to. Fans can be good at guessing what such Characters would do and say in situations, but sometimes fans let their personal bias get in the way and want to go way off track. So do you think we can count on you to stick to purely, what Garrus would do, who Garrus is, etc?

Of course, you'll also want to proof read and make revisions to what the screen writers come up with.

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2469
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by Dwailing on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:43 am

IronicParticle wrote:
Dwaling wrote:I could probably try writing for this as a character writer. I don't know how well I'd do as a story writer, but it sounds like that's covered. I mean, couldn't you just see me writing Garrus? Tongue

Oh, and BTW, this is an awesome idea. However, I think it would be too restrictive to do this in ME3. Instead of doing this as a mod, how about making it an entirely separate indie game? Even if we never officially release it, I think it would be easier to do it as something entirely independent of ME3 rather than trying to fit it into the restrictions of the existing game. The Unreal Development Kit is free for non-commercial use, so I'd start there. Or rather, here: http://www.unrealengine.com/udk/ Tongue
Well then wouldn't that kinda push the boundaries on fair use? Or are you saying we could start our own game and forget about ME? It'd be cool to make our own game, but in any case I still want a reveal for ME... if Bioware won't treat her right, then we should. I'm not sure of the technicalities, but thanks for the idea. It will have to be looked into more deeply before we finally get some progress on making the game content IN-game-wise. So your idea will be considered.

As well, you can be a Character writer if you want to. Fans can be good at guessing what such Characters would do and say in situations, but sometimes fans let their personal bias get in the way and want to go way off track. So do you think we can count on you to stick to purely, what Garrus would do, who Garrus is, etc?

Of course, you'll also want to proof read and make revisions to what the screen writers come up with.

I could do that, I think. Also, we would have to be careful not to use anything from Mass Effect 3, or even the rest of the series. I would say even the levels would probably be off limits. I'm thinking we could make our own Mass Effect game, just for the ITists. There would be no public release, no profit, and no copyrighted material, just an IT based game for the IT community. Also, I think making this it's own game would offer several areas in which we could do things BioWare could never do. Since I'm assuming this would be a PC game, we could improve the control scheme (FINALLY getting rid of that one button does everything stuff that consoles force upon us), up the graphics so they would make our eyes bleed (DX11 FTW!), make the levels bigger and more open, etc. This would be awesome.

Edit: Also, I THINK as long as we didn't make any money from this it would count under fair use. I THINK. I honestly don't know. Copyright law in the US is a VERY messy subject, based on what I've seen. I think at one point Chris Priestly told estebanus on the BSN we could make a visual novel thing as long as we didn't use anything directly taken from ME3, but I can't quite remember.

_________________



Best emoticon ever.  Of all time: Dwail\'s Garrus 

Decision Chamber Hallucination Theory
RWBY/KS Crossover
avatar
Dwailing
Praetorian

Posts : 1714
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 21
Location : Awaiting ME4 news in Louisville, KY

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by Terramine on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:30 am

Dwaling wrote:
I could do that, I think. Also, we would have to be careful not to use anything from Mass Effect 3, or even the rest of the series. I would say even the levels would probably be off limits. I'm thinking we could make our own Mass Effect game, just for the ITists. There would be no public release, no profit, and no copyrighted material, just an IT based game for the IT community. Also, I think making this it's own game would offer several areas in which we could do things BioWare could never do. Since I'm assuming this would be a PC game, we could improve the control scheme (FINALLY getting rid of that one button does everything stuff that consoles force upon us), up the graphics so they would make our eyes bleed (DX11 FTW!), make the levels bigger and more open, etc. This would be awesome.

Edit: Also, I THINK as long as we didn't make any money from this it would count under fair use. I THINK. I honestly don't know. Copyright law in the US is a VERY messy subject, based on what I've seen. I think at one point Chris Priestly told estebanus on the BSN we could make a visual novel thing as long as we didn't use anything directly taken from ME3, but I can't quite remember.
Well, I think the controls should have a "classic" option and a not so classic option. While I understand other people's complaints I actually don't mind ME3's control scheme personally. Anyways, so would that mean if we make the models ourselves... that it will work? Or does that still count as using ME3 stuff/copyrighted stuff? I'm not trying to create any risks here for anyone. Though it would be pretty funny to spite Bioware by keeping it a secret and keeping it to ITers only and just not care much about copyright since we are not selling it and we would make our own stuff.

I just don't know how you avoid copyright if you want to do a reveal-based game. That's the main motivation, so that we have SOMETHING for after Shepard wakes up. I guess we could actually minimize the copyright, first of all... levels would be a bit different as well a good amount of them would be unique.

Is the look of default MaleShep and FemShep copyrighted? Is that possible? If that is a problem for us, we could also make it so Shepard must be customized lookwise. I mean I don't think we can have save importing, but we could make it so you could pick what you did in your ME3 save when you start a new game, as well the character customization will allow you to recreate your custom Shep if you had one or just create a new customized Shepard if you didn't... though we need better customization than ME3 had cause it can definitely be improved.

We also can circumvent Reaper copyright, by explaining that Shepard was hallucinating the similarity between Reapers. So we could bring back the old idea that Reapers looked unique. Harbinger is going to be the real pain in the ass, don't know how we'll circumvent him...

See it's so much easier when you just assume it's under fair use, and you just keep it on the down low :P

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2469
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by Rifneno on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:29 am

Nice in theory. In practice, I can't see it working. There's too many large hurdles. Mass Effect 3 is simply not mod friendly. Anything beyond coalesced edits are just... I don't see how it'd be possible. There's no editors for dialogue, levels, ect. Even if you did manage much of anything, it'd almost certainly require you use a cracked masseffect3.exe. I had to use one just to fix a bug with the typhoon FFS.

An entirely new game? That's an incredible undertaking. And it can be shut down at any time by the copyright holders. Remember that story where some Chrono Trigger fans were working on a fan made sequel, SquareEnix let them get 95% done and then served them the cease and desist papers? Holy shit. Just imagine that happening. Avoiding copyrights? Impossible. You can make some story about a person who breaks out of a virtual reality run by space monsters. You can't make an IT reveal game without heavy copyright violations.

_________________
Remember folks.  We didn't get A, B, C endings.  We got A, A, A endings.
avatar
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Posts : 2625
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 36
Location : Razgriz Straits

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by pasza89 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:41 am

You can't make an additional mission.
You can't add entirely new dialogue with new options.
You can't make a new game, even if you knew how to and wanted to.

You can replace assets (models, sounds, prerendered movies) in existing stuff.

Edited ending cutscenes sound like something reasonable and relatively easy to do.
avatar
pasza89
Pod Crab

Posts : 33
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 28
Location : pl

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by Terramine on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:45 am

Rifneno wrote:Nice in theory. In practice, I can't see it working. There's too many large hurdles. Mass Effect 3 is simply not mod friendly. Anything beyond coalesced edits are just... I don't see how it'd be possible. There's no editors for dialogue, levels, ect. Even if you did manage much of anything, it'd almost certainly require you use a cracked masseffect3.exe. I had to use one just to fix a bug with the typhoon FFS.

An entirely new game? That's an incredible undertaking. And it can be shut down at any time by the copyright holders. Remember that story where some Chrono Trigger fans were working on a fan made sequel, SquareEnix let them get 95% done and then served them the cease and desist papers? Holy shit. Just imagine that happening. Avoiding copyrights? Impossible. You can make some story about a person who breaks out of a virtual reality run by space monsters. You can't make an IT reveal game without heavy copyright violations.
How exactly did you hear about that story? I've heard these kinds of stories before, especially since I'm a Bethesda fan... because people keep trying to remake their games on the next gen engines but despite being mod friendly and requiring you to own the respective game their remaking, Bethesda always shuts it down. The thing is, they do it in the open.

But then again I don't know how you'd ensure it stays on the down low, especially when there are literalist moles on this site who hate us so much that they don't care if ME3 is dead as long as they can spite us. We could go on to make our own original game, but then that's a whole different scenario because the same motivation isn't there. We could've easily gotten people to help out because they too hate the loss of ME3.

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2469
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by Terramine on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:47 am

pasza89 wrote:You can't make an additional mission.
You can't add entirely new dialogue with new options.
You can't make a new game, even if you knew how to and wanted to.

You can replace assets (models, sounds, prerendered movies) in existing stuff.

Edited ending cutscenes sound like something reasonable and relatively easy to do.
Yes, but that would kind of fall short of a proper reveal.

Can you even make videos longer than the original videos?

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2469
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by Lokanaiya on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:35 am

I'd love to help, although I'm not really sure how. Maybe I could help with the Suicide Mission 2.0 part if we have one? I've also noticed I'm quite good with coming up with alternate ways to interpret stuff or different ways to do things, so if there's some way that would be useful I'd be glad to help.

Also, my grandfather is a retired pension lawyer, so if we get past April 11th or whatever the cutoff date is for expecting a reveal from Bioware, I can email him and maybe he can help us figure out what we can legally do.

Either way, this is a great idea and I'm really looking forward to helping out with it. :)
avatar
Lokanaiya
Husk

Posts : 166
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 21
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by Charlie Sheen on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:47 am

You should try making a separate game in LittleBigPlanet 2.

I'm serious. That game has amazing potential. It wouldn't have to be a platformer.

Or you could mod the very moddable KotOR games, as long as you didn't import exact assets. Modders have made 6+ hour campaigns for that game. I could help create characters.


Last edited by Drewton on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:50 am; edited 2 times in total

_________________


SEVEN SUNS THEORY
avatar
Charlie Sheen
STG

Posts : 507
Join date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by Terramine on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:49 am

Lokanaiya wrote:I'd love to help, although I'm not really sure how. Maybe I could help with the Suicide Mission 2.0 part if we have one? I've also noticed I'm quite good with coming up with alternate ways to interpret stuff or different ways to do things, so if there's some way that would be useful I'd be glad to help.

Also, my grandfather is a retired pension lawyer, so if we get past April 11th or whatever the cutoff date is for expecting a reveal from Bioware, I can email him and maybe he can help us figure out what we can legally do.

Either way, this is a great idea and I'm really looking forward to helping out with it. :)
That sounds good to me, I shouldn't really expect much help if there is still hope in everyone's eyes. I agree it's a great idea if we can get it done, don't want to let ME die even if Bioware does die. Think of it like a mother is pregnant, and both her and her baby are going to die. I want to, at least save the baby at least Angel

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2469
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by Lokanaiya on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:30 am

IronicParticle wrote:
Lokanaiya wrote:I'd love to help, although I'm not really sure how. Maybe I could help with the Suicide Mission 2.0 part if we have one? I've also noticed I'm quite good with coming up with alternate ways to interpret stuff or different ways to do things, so if there's some way that would be useful I'd be glad to help.

Also, my grandfather is a retired pension lawyer, so if we get past April 11th or whatever the cutoff date is for expecting a reveal from Bioware, I can email him and maybe he can help us figure out what we can legally do.

Either way, this is a great idea and I'm really looking forward to helping out with it. :)
That sounds good to me, I shouldn't really expect much help if there is still hope in everyone's eyes. I agree it's a great idea if we can get it done, don't want to let ME die even if Bioware does die. Think of it like a mother is pregnant, and both her and her baby are going to die. I want to, at least save the baby at least Angel

Odd metaphor, but yeah, I don't want Mass Effect to die either, especially if it's with a whimper.
avatar
Lokanaiya
Husk

Posts : 166
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 21
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by Terramine on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:35 am

Lokanaiya wrote:
IronicParticle wrote:That sounds good to me, I shouldn't really expect much help if there is still hope in everyone's eyes. I agree it's a great idea if we can get it done, don't want to let ME die even if Bioware does die. Think of it like a mother is pregnant, and both her and her baby are going to die. I want to, at least save the baby at least Angel

Odd metaphor, but yeah, I don't want Mass Effect to die either, especially if it's with a whimper.
Well, I guess I'm too used to ME giving me moral dilemmas and making me save the day :P

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2469
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:40 am

IronicParticle wrote:
pasza89 wrote:You can't make an additional mission.
You can't add entirely new dialogue with new options.
You can't make a new game, even if you knew how to and wanted to.

You can replace assets (models, sounds, prerendered movies) in existing stuff.

Edited ending cutscenes sound like something reasonable and relatively easy to do.
Yes, but that would kind of fall short of a proper reveal.

Can you even make videos longer than the original videos?

You can probably do any and all of the things Pas listed.

...if you have a few years to spare.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum