Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

+8
pasza89
Rifneno
Dwailing
MikeyTurvey
Ghost Of Kesak11
Charlie Sheen
Eryri
Terramine
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by TJBartlemus Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:01 pm

I know that as far as there is no profit with the game, that it should be alright. (That's at least what CP said to Este)

On writing, count me in. :P I don't particularly care on what (characters, main plot, etc.) as long as it is something worth while.
TJBartlemus
TJBartlemus
Husk

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Reveal mod?

Post by Terramine Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:58 pm

TJBartlemus wrote: I know that as far as there is no profit with the game, that it should be alright. (That's at least what CP said to Este)

On writing, count me in. :P I don't particularly care on what (characters, main plot, etc.) as long as it is something worth while.
I'm almost certain it falls within fair use, but as pointed out copyright can be a bit messy. I think, it can violate fair use if they have reason to think it's hurting their sales. But I dunno, it would be best to get a professionals opinion on the subject.

Anyways awesome, I'll add you to the list.

Edit: You offered for any writing role, but is there a specific one you'd prefer? I'm curious, it'll help to fit you into something specific.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:26 pm

Hey guys, at the IT department over in the General randomness section fellow ITers have started a topic for a project that is focused on a new IP specifically. So a new game universe entirely rather than a ME3 reveal mod.

Right now, we here still have to find out the exact legality of the situation for this mod. I personally don't want to see ME3 die, however if any of you for whatever reason want to change your focus to that instead. Head here:

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk/t328-it-project-x

I would understand, it sounds like a very good idea, one that was discussed here a couple of times. I also don't want to the two projects to conflict so that's also why I'm suggesting it. While I personally do not want ME3 to die, I can let it go, let it rest in peace, and move on to this other project. Depends on how you guys feel about the situation.

Until there is a consensus, we'll just keep moving along with this project. Just thought I'd put all the options on the table.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:30 pm

I feel about this the same way I feel about MEHEM; I like fan made mods for any game, but in this specific case, I'm not interested in seeing what fans do with the ending at all. I want to know what Bioware intends. I want the official story.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:33 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:I feel about this the same way I feel about MEHEM; I like fan made mods for any game, but in this specific case, I'm not interested in seeing what fans do with the ending at all. I want to know what Bioware intends. I want the official story.
I don't think that's coming. If it is, they've already done it wrong from a writing perspective anyways.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:26 am

I could write something as well if I get the time. Ill keep an eye out for when things start and see if I cant clear a hole in my schedule then.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:34 am

Raistlin Majere wrote:I could write something as well if I get the time. Ill keep an eye out for when things start and see if I cant clear a hole in my schedule then.
Sweet cheers
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:17 am

So thanks to DSarrah here's an update on the copyright thing.

DSharrah wrote:
smokingotter wrote:If you want to get more involved e-mail me at smokingotter@gmail.com and I can send you an invite to review/edit our main document.

@DSharrah that finding Shepard game looks great, I wonder if it has some IT elements to it.

More than anything I wanted to show you guys that you may not need to be as careful as you think about worrying about the "copyright" issues...I couldn't find anything negative about either of those games in my quick research (as far as Bioware/EA telling them they couldn't do it)...you may able to get away with a game in the "mass effect universe" as long as it doesn't step on any established toes so to speak...

Not that what you guys are doing with the original IP looks bad - it actually looks like it has some very good potential. Just thought I should share, since I thought that the original impetus was to create something IT related...
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2