Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll

+21
Ruwce
Hrothdane
Eryri
Home run MF
ericformans_sisterisdead
BlueLogic
Ghost Of Kesak11
dorktainian
HomesV500
skillz1986
Charlie Sheen
AxStapleton
Dwailing
Hanako Ikezawa
hukbum
DSharrah
Rifneno
Andromidius
Byne
WeAreHarbinger
BansheeOwnage
25 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Are you excited or interested for the next Mass Effect?

Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap45%Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 28 ]
Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 10 ]
Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap34%Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 34% 
[ 21 ]

Total Votes : 62

Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll

Post by skillz1986 Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:08 pm

Interested...for lack of a better term. I'll se what they've got in store. If it is IT i'll buy the game,no preorder though. I've preordered me3's collector edition right on the first day it became available, which means i've been waiting 6or so months until release (i might be wrong here..just remember that it was a very long time..might be longer or shorter than 6 months, not sure). I was hyped like a motherf*****...and i honestly regret it.

If it is ANYTHING other than i'm definitely not buying it. I still might play it, depending om what they decide to do with it..
skillz1986
skillz1986
Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll

Post by BansheeOwnage Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:08 pm

Dwaling wrote:
AxStapleton wrote:

I'm never pre-ordering again. Certainly not from EA.

I don't care that it's EA. The publisher should not be blamed for the failings of the developer.*snip*
I stopped reading there because that's just plain wrong. I've seen firsthand what short developments times do to a great series. And I've seen what long development times can do. The difference is astounding, and that's on the publisher. That's not even the only thing they do, but it is the most important.
BansheeOwnage
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:09 pm

WeAreHarbinger wrote:Even if it's just BSN i've noticed one thing since Citadel was released.

Because Bioware released a fan fap DLC with all the sqauddies and all the meme's people have said "all is forgiven" which means to me they're looking past the ending because of this DLC. That means (at least how i see it) the endings are still broken, people are just happy with the DLC.

Do you really think if Bioware pull another ME 3 and screwed up an ending, people would look past it again? i think not. ME: next has a lot riding on it for Bioware (and EA). They became the laughing stock of the gaming world for at least a year, i think another screw up would end them. Which is why i'm hoping they use this to make the new game, great.

Agreed. Add to that the fact that I'm still not entirely convinced they screwed up the endings completely, and I'm think ME:Next will be great. They have to know what's riding on this.
Dwailing
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:14 pm

BansheeOwnage wrote:
Dwaling wrote:
AxStapleton wrote:

I don't care that it's EA. The publisher should not be blamed for the failings of the developer.*snip*
I stopped reading there because that's just plain wrong. I've seen firsthand what short developments times do to a great series. And I've seen what long development times can do. The difference is astounding, and that's on the publisher. That's not even the only thing they do, but it is the most important.

BioWare had 26 months to work on ME2 between when ME1 was released and when ME2 was released. BioWare then had... oh look, 26 months AGAIN to work on ME3 between when ME2 was released and when ME3 was released. Sure, I know they were working on ME2 DLC, but it doesn't take an entire team to develop DLC. ME3 has proven that. The entire crew working on Citadel was the exception, not the rule. My point is that they had the same amount of time between ME2 and ME3 that they had between ME1 and ME2, and yet ME2 was great and ME3 was... well, not quite as great by way of endings.

Last edited by Dwaling on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dwailing
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:14 pm

Well if it all came out as a reveal and Indoc etc, then yes the endings would be pure beauty and fit perfect. Left as they are, they're broken. lol
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:15 pm

WeAreHarbinger wrote:Even if it's just BSN i've noticed one thing since Citadel was released.

Because Bioware released a fan fap DLC with all the sqauddies and all the meme's people have said "all is forgiven" which means to me they're looking past the ending because of this DLC. That means (at least how i see it) the endings are still broken, people are just happy with the DLC.

Do you really think if Bioware pull another ME 3 and screwed up an ending, people would look past it again? i think not. ME: next has a lot riding on it for Bioware (and EA). They became the laughing stock of the gaming world for at least a year, i think another screw up would end them. Which is why i'm hoping they use this to make the new game, great.
The bigger problem, is that even if the next game has a great ending, what if the third one in the new trilogy suffers the same fate? (Assuming a new trilogy.) Then everyone's like: "Oh, okay, this is good." Spend 180$ on it only to be screwed over again.
BansheeOwnage
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:17 pm

Dwaling wrote:
AxStapleton wrote:

I don't care that it's EA. The publisher should not be blamed for the failings of the developer. If ME:Next sucks, then that's on BIOWARE, not EA. EA has NO direct control over the development process. They can influence, and they can place deadlines, but they have no direct creative control. Jeez, more than anything else, this is what bothers me when people talk about games. Nobody cared that EA was the publisher of ME2, because ME2 was GREAT. Instead, they praised BioWare for making a great game. However, when the s*** hit the fan with ME3, EA automatically got blamed because no one wanted to accept that the once great BioWare could screw up on their own. If ME3's ending really was that bad, then that's on BioWare. EA didn't design the levels. EA didn't program the code. EA didn't design the gameplay. EA didn't hire the voice actors. EA didn't write the story. That was all BioWare. If it's bad, then that's on BIOWARE for not being able to make a decent product.

I'm not supporting EA in general anymore. It was EA that said it wanted microtransacatons in every game. EA that forced Bioware into making a game in 18 months. EA that forced always on-line DRM into SimCity. EA that has bought out decent developers only to shut them down later down the road. EA that shows a blatant disregard for their consumers. I feel the same way about Capcom and I feel the same way about Activision.

And I know they had nothing to do with the ME3 ending. Please refrain from labelling me as one of those people who are still butthurt over it. I expect better from you Dwailing.
AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:18 pm

BansheeOwnage wrote:

The bigger problem, is that even if the next game has a great ending, what if the third one in the new trilogy suffers the same fate? (Assuming a new trilogy.) Then everyone's like: "Oh, okay, this is good." Spend 180$ on it only to be screwed over again.

The question is, are the endings really that screwed up? See, I'm not entirely convinced that the endings of ME3 are meant to be completely conclusive. If it was the last we were going to hear of the series, then yeah, they'd be failures. However, they aren't the end of the universe (quite literally, in this case). Until we see what's next in the series, I'm not passing total judgment on them.
Dwailing
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by HomesV500 Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:20 pm

I'm interested at the moment if they don't reveal IT in ME3 ( which will Likely happen) then I have a small glimmer of hope that it will be revealed in ME4.
HomesV500
HomesV500
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:23 pm

Dwaling wrote:
It's more Mass Effect! Seriously, until you show me something that confirms it will suck, I'm going to be excited for another journey in this universe.
QFT
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:26 pm

Dwaling wrote:
The question is, are the endings really that screwed up? See, I'm not entirely convinced that the endings of ME3 are meant to be completely conclusive. If it was the last we were going to hear of the series, then yeah, they'd be failures. However, they aren't the end of the universe (quite literally, in this case). Until we see what's next in the series, I'm not passing total judgment on them.
I am passing judgement on them, because regardless of the fact that the third installment of a trilogy is always supposed to close things off, they said it would. I don't need to link the quotes, do I? Come on Dwailing. You're better than this. Soul
BansheeOwnage
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:26 pm

I think i'm not getting excited simply as we know nothing and it could turn out to be a prequel. I don't want a prequel so i could buzz myself up and end up where i'm not going to want the game.

I guess i'm playing it safe for now.
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:30 pm

AxStapleton wrote:
Dwaling wrote:
AxStapleton wrote:

I don't care that it's EA. The publisher should not be blamed for the failings of the developer. If ME:Next sucks, then that's on BIOWARE, not EA. EA has NO direct control over the development process. They can influence, and they can place deadlines, but they have no direct creative control. Jeez, more than anything else, this is what bothers me when people talk about games. Nobody cared that EA was the publisher of ME2, because ME2 was GREAT. Instead, they praised BioWare for making a great game. However, when the s*** hit the fan with ME3, EA automatically got blamed because no one wanted to accept that the once great BioWare could screw up on their own. If ME3's ending really was that bad, then that's on BioWare. EA didn't design the levels. EA didn't program the code. EA didn't design the gameplay. EA didn't hire the voice actors. EA didn't write the story. That was all BioWare. If it's bad, then that's on BIOWARE for not being able to make a decent product.

I'm not supporting EA in general anymore. It was EA that said it wanted microtransacatons in every game. EA that forced Bioware into making a game in 18 months. EA that forced always on-line DRM into SimCity. EA that has bought out decent developers only to shut them down later down the road. EA that shows a blatant disregard for their consumers. I feel the same way about Capcom and I feel the same way about Activision.

And I know they had nothing to do with the ME3 ending. Please refrain from labelling me as one of those people who are still butthurt over it. I expect better from you Dwailing.

It's not so much you as everyone who blames EA for everything wrong in every game they make. That kind of thing just really bugs me. Additionally, I'll answer each point.

Point One: They backpedaled on that statement later by saying they only meant microtransactions in all future mobile games they make. Additionally, what's wrong with microtransactions? If they're done like they were in ME3 and Dead Space 3 (I.E. helpful but in no way necessary to advance), then I don't see the problem. The devs get more money, and the players who use them get stuff.

Point Two: Okay, this one I can't respond to in any other way than to say that hopefully EA will learn from this and not do it again. Ubisoft learned their lesson on always online DRM, hopefully EA will as well. I will say that I'm not going to buy any EA products with this DRM in them.

Point Three: Remind me which developers you're talking about? Because none seem to come to mind.

Point Four: That's very much a blanket statement. Also, the consumers can't be feeling too disregarded, or else EA wouldn't be making millions of dollars.

Now, I'm not saying EA is perfect, but what I AM saying is that they're not the devil. Sure, if you don't want to support them anymore, go ahead. But I'm not going to agree with you.
Dwailing
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Sheen Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:31 pm

If there is no IT reveal, then BioWare deserves every bit of negativity they get and I hope ME4 fails.
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen
STG

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:31 pm

Okay. This needs to be said. Someone missed the point of this poll entirely. The point being: To highlight the difference between being interested and excited for the next game. Someone seems to be under the impression that the are one in the same thing, which is not the case.

"But it's Mass Effect!" is not a reason to be excited, it's a reason to keep it in mind. As such, we are interested. We may or may not become excited with new info.
BansheeOwnage
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:31 pm

not interested. does that make me a bad person?

they've a lot of ground to make up before i buy another of their games. sadly while they have fuckwits at the helm and nobrots on PR, it aint gonna happen is it?
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:33 pm

Drewton wrote:If there is no IT reveal, then BioWare deserves every bit of negativity they get and I hope ME4 fails.
I agree with the first part. For the second, I don't know - yet. It's technically a new studio doing it now, keep that in mind.
BansheeOwnage
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 pm

BansheeOwnage wrote:
Dwaling wrote:
I am passing judgement on them, because regardless of the fact that the third installment of a trilogy is always supposed to close things off, they said it would. I don't need to link the quotes, do I? Come on Dwailing. You're better than this. Soul

Well, let's see, every major plot thread in the trilogy was tied up during the game, the Reaper threat was stopped (if literal), and Shepard's team is still alive. Additionally, Shepard him-/herself is still alive in at least one ending, though not in the best way. Now, I'm not saying it's perfect, but look at the game as a whole. Pretty much every major plot thread is wrapped up. Now, Shepard him-/herself may not be wrapped up in one ending, but that suggests we'll see more from him/her in the future. Think about it this way, what would make the fans happier than to see Shepard come back? Nothing. If BioWare wants to win back a good chunk of their fanbase, they won't leave Shepard in the rubble.
Dwailing
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:40 pm

Dwaling wrote:
BansheeOwnage wrote:
Dwaling wrote:

Well, let's see, every major plot thread in the trilogy was tied up during the game, the Reaper threat was stopped (if literal), and Shepard's team is still alive. Additionally, Shepard him-/herself is still alive in at least one ending, though not in the best way. Now, I'm not saying it's perfect, but look at the game as a whole. Pretty much every major plot thread is wrapped up. Now, Shepard him-/herself may not be wrapped up in one ending, but that suggests we'll see more from him/her in the future. Think about it this way, what would make the fans happier than to see Shepard come back? Nothing. If BioWare wants to win back a good chunk of their fanbase, they won't leave Shepard in the rubble.
I guess I do need to use the quotes. But I'm too tired to do that. Anyone have them handy? Also, I fear Bioware are either too proud or too deluded to take Shep out of the rubble.
BansheeOwnage
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:46 pm

BansheeOwnage wrote:
Dwaling wrote:
BansheeOwnage wrote:
Dwaling wrote:

I guess I do need to use the quotes. But I'm too tired to do that. Anyone have them handy? Also, I fear Bioware are either too proud or too deluded to take Shep out of the rubble.

Name ONE story arc from ME1 or ME2 that wasn't resolved in ME3. The Genophage: resolved. The quarians and the geth: resolved. The Reapers: maybe resolved, maybe not; not enough data to say one way or the other. Conrad Verner: resolved. SHA'IRA THE CONSORT: resolved (seriously, she appears in Citadel). The protheans: resolved. The rachni: resolved. Shiala and the Feros colonists: resolved. What's honestly left from the series that isn't at least POSSIBLY resolved? Well, Shepard. However, that's only in Destroy, seemingly. If it's literal, then that's pretty much the ONLY ending with a loose end left to tie up. That suggests we'll see more in the future.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot Omega. It was resolved, too.
Dwailing
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:47 pm

Rachni? They certainly played a big part. :/sarcasm
AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:48 pm

AxStapleton wrote:Rachni? They certainly played a big part. :/sarcasm

I never said they played a big part (okay, Big Mac seems to have been less than honest with that one), I just said that their story arc was resolved.
Dwailing
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:50 pm

Okay, here's one thing that I'd like to point out. The endings don't need to resolve story arcs that have already been resolved. They need to finish resolving story arcs that haven't been resolved yet, and they need to either finish the series for good, or set up the universe for future things. The endings do the latter, because the series will continue.
Dwailing
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:51 pm

Dwaling wrote:
AxStapleton wrote:Rachni? They certainly played a big part. :/sarcasm

I never said they played a big part (okay, Big Mac seems to have been less than honest with that one), I just said that their story arc was resolved.
Nuupe, sorry. The have massive consequences - even in the ending! According to Mike G.
BansheeOwnage
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Of Kesak11 Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:52 pm

AxStapleton wrote:I can't really say I'm either interested or excited at the moment. Maybe that could change, but ME3 knocked a lot of the desire to return to the series out of me.

IT is the only thing keeping me interested in ME at all.

Also, I'm not too keen in supporting EA any more (which is essentially what you do when you buy an EA product).
I have to say I agree with this. Wish I did not and could get excited for another ME game but not with the ending and probably not without shepard and the crew.
Ghost Of Kesak11
Ghost Of Kesak11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next