If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Terramine on Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:23 pm

Selim Bradley wrote:
IronicParticle wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:
IronicParticle wrote:Problem: Nothing changed, yet they did it later when they knew the crucible was finally ready.
You mean once the superweapon was completed and would be able to wipe the Reapers out once it had that final component was ready? Sure, no reason for the Reapers to keep that last component away from the rest of the weapon.
They didn't keep it away. Of course we already had this discussion and your oh so compelling proof that they are TRYING to stop their own destruction was pathetic, because 2 destroyers out of 200 Capitals is not trying. That's playing pretend.
And all your evidence was personal postulations with no in-game evidence besides one line from EDI to support, I remember.
You can keep twisting things Selim to fit a completely absurd idea... you are the type of person who believes Synthesis even after finding out about IT after all. I mean others on here picked synthesis too, but their excuse was that they weren't thinking about it enough.

What's yours? Even after hearing the facts and evidence, you still believed for a good while.

The evidence is that the Reapers knew BEFORE it was completed. You are suggesting they took it away to defend it, but that's a load of horse shit BECAUSE they waited. Why didn't they take it right away when they knew the Crucible was being built? Then why do they let Hammer get close to the beam when factually they are holding back at the time?

None of it makes sense, not even for video game logic.

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2465
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 23
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Terramine on Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:28 pm

Also Selim, if Bioware made it so Shepard just happens to stumble along and Harbinger is just on the spot like "well since he's here, might as well indoctrinate him"... then they did it wrong. That would mean Bioware is not genius because there is no Meta involved in what you are saying and there is no mastermind plan.

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2465
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 23
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:32 pm

IronicParticle wrote:You can keep twisting things Selim to fit a completely absurd idea... you are the type of person who believes Synthesis even after finding out about IT after all. I mean others on here picked synthesis too, but their excuse was that they weren't thinking about it enough.

What's yours? Even after hearing the facts and evidence, you still believed for a good while.

The evidence is that the Reapers knew BEFORE it was completed. You are suggesting they took it away to defend it, but that's a load of horse shit BECAUSE they waited. Why didn't they take it right away when they knew the Crucible was being built? Then why do they let Hammer get close to the beam when factually they are holding back at the time?

None of it makes sense, not even for video game logic.
You realize that I have yet to choose any ending other than Destroy after becoming an ITer, right? Just because I support people choosing whatever they want does not mean I do it.

As for the rest, we had this discussion already and we both were guilty of "twisting things around" to fit what the other saw as an absurd idea. That's just personal interpretation so no matter what one says, the other's view won't change.


Last edited by Selim Bradley on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:36 pm

IronicParticle wrote:Also Selim, if Bioware made it so Shepard just happens to stumble along and Harbinger is just on the spot like "well since he's here, might as well indoctrinate him"... then they did it wrong. That would mean Bioware is not genius because there is no Meta involved in what you are saying and there is no mastermind plan.
It's not as simple as "well, now that you're here" but rather "it appears the current amount isn't working, so now that you're here let's crank it up a notch" and boom indoctrination sequence with Intelligence. And just because it's not 100% what you think it should be doesn't make them not geniuses. For example, if they did what you were saying where everything was preordained and planned I'd think it'd be kinda stupid (don't argue this, it won't go anywhere).
avatar
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Terramine on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:44 pm

Selim Bradley wrote:
IronicParticle wrote:Also Selim, if Bioware made it so Shepard just happens to stumble along and Harbinger is just on the spot like "well since he's here, might as well indoctrinate him"... then they did it wrong. That would mean Bioware is not genius because there is no Meta involved in what you are saying and there is no mastermind plan.
It's not as simple as "well, now that you're here" but rather "it appears the current amount isn't working, so now that you're here let's crank it up a notch" and boom indoctrination sequence with Intelligence. And just because it's not 100% what you think it should be doesn't make them not geniuses. For example, if they did what you were saying where everything was preordained and planned I'd think it'd be kinda stupid (don't argue this, it won't go anywhere).
You can say not to argue it, but by saying it won't go anywhere is an admittance you are close minded and ergo irrational. You didn't just support other people, you were a synthesizer the last time I recall. You were hanging around the IT BSN thread while still a Synthesizer.

You are actually wrong, in order for bioware to trick the player it had to be happening the entire time. Not until the last 15 minutes. As well, the alternative as I said is completely nonsensical.

It makes no sense, what the hell are you talking about the Reapers realized nothing they were trying was working? Gummy had a little bit of a point, by saying the Reapers are so strong that they thought it was enough. But that idea is completely contradictory to your idea, because you are saying the Reapers are trying there hardest. WRONG, they are not trying there hardest BECAUSE THEY WAITED TILL THE CRUCIBLE WAS FINISHED.

Gummy's idea also falls apart, because there is no room for such idiocy from the Reapers. They know the facts, how much effort is needed to destroy [insert structure here]. They are machines, to say they are organics and skip thinking about it is hardcore fail because calculating[thinking for organics] is inherent to how they work.


Last edited by IronicParticle on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2465
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 23
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Gummy on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:51 pm

Drewton wrote:
Gummy wrote:It was obvious since ME1 that a deus ex machina would have to be used, and it's obvious that we somehow would succeed building one.
So why was the focus on uniting the galaxy to fight the Reapers?
Well since Mars the focus was on delaying the Reapers to build and deploy the Crucible. Before it was already "we fight or we die" but with no real chance of success (see Protheans which were already more advanced but didn't stood a chance).


Also my point does not fail if the Reapers just used the wrong values for their estimates. You know "you have changed the variables" :3


Last edited by Gummy on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Gummy
Gas Bag

Posts : 69
Join date : 2013-01-31
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Terramine on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:53 pm

Selim stop saying I only have interpretations on my side. You are not a fucking literalist.

Facts are the Reapers knew about the Crucible as soon as TIM did. Which was well before the damned thing was even finished. They did not take the citadel UNTIL the Crucible was ready, they waited for it like they plan to use it.

Because if it was all about protecting it, why didn't they just take the Citadel right away?

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2465
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 23
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Terramine on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:54 pm

Gummy wrote:
Drewton wrote:
Gummy wrote:It was obvious since ME1 that a deus ex machina would have to be used, and it's obvious that we somehow would succeed building one.
So why was the focus on uniting the galaxy to fight the Reapers?
Well since Mars the focus war on delaying the Reapers to build and deploy the Crucible. Before it was already "we fight or we die" but with no real chance of success (see Protheans which were already more advanced but didn't stood a chance).
You are a literalist, GTFO.

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2465
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 23
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:57 pm

IronicParticle wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:
IronicParticle wrote:Also Selim, if Bioware made it so Shepard just happens to stumble along and Harbinger is just on the spot like "well since he's here, might as well indoctrinate him"... then they did it wrong. That would mean Bioware is not genius because there is no Meta involved in what you are saying and there is no mastermind plan.
It's not as simple as "well, now that you're here" but rather "it appears the current amount isn't working, so now that you're here let's crank it up a notch" and boom indoctrination sequence with Intelligence. And just because it's not 100% what you think it should be doesn't make them not geniuses. For example, if they did what you were saying where everything was preordained and planned I'd think it'd be kinda stupid (don't argue this, it won't go anywhere).
You can say not to argue it, but by saying it won't go anywhere is an admittance you are close minded and ergo irrational. You didn't just support other people, you were a synthesizer the last time I recall. You were hanging around the IT BSN thread while still a Synthesizer.

You are actually wrong, in order for bioware to trick the player it had to be happening the entire time. Not until the last 15 minutes. As well, the alternative as I said is completely nonsensical. It makes no sense.

It makes no sense, what the hell are you talking about the Reapers realized nothing they were trying was working? Gummy had a little bit of a point, by saying the Reapers are so strong that they thought it was enough. But that idea is completely contradictory to your idea, because you are saying the Reapers are trying there hardest. WRONG, they are not trying there hardest BECAUSE THEY WAITED TILL THE CRUCIBLE WAS FINISHED.

Gummy's idea also falls apart, because there is no room for such idiocy from the Reapers. They know the facts, how much effort is needed to destroy [insert structure here]. They are machines, to say they are organics and skip thinking about it is hardcore fail because calculating[thinking for organics] is inherent to how they work.
No, I'm saying I've heard your arguments already and disagree with them. Saying the exact same arguments therefore is just a piontless excersize. And you recall wrong. The moment I started supporting IT, all endings other than Destroy were never chosen after that point in time. I support people having the right to choose whatever ending they want as long as it allows them to enjoy the game, but that's it. So to me, all interpretations are valid, just I have preference for IT.

The Reapers are more strong enough, that's the pioint. They have become arrogant because of this. It's them saying "We've destroyed this countless times before, so let the cycle weaste all their resources on it again. We'll just destroy it again." They therefore focused on higher priorities, like the harvest aka the reason they came at all.
avatar
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Gummy on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:59 pm

IronicParticle wrote:
Gummy wrote:
Drewton wrote:
Gummy wrote:It was obvious since ME1 that a deus ex machina would have to be used, and it's obvious that we somehow would succeed building one.
So why was the focus on uniting the galaxy to fight the Reapers?
Well since Mars the focus war on delaying the Reapers to build and deploy the Crucible. Before it was already "we fight or we die" but with no real chance of success (see Protheans which were already more advanced but didn't stood a chance).
You are a literalist, GTFO.
I can be whereever I want. There is no rule against any type of thought here. It was actually made quite clear that there aren't rules at all so far.
avatar
Gummy
Gas Bag

Posts : 69
Join date : 2013-01-31
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:00 pm

IronicParticle wrote:Selim stop saying I only have interpretations on my side. You are not a fucking literalist.

Facts are the Reapers knew about the Crucible as soon as TIM did. Which was well before the damned thing was even finished. They did not take the citadel UNTIL the Crucible was ready, they waited for it like they plan to use it.

Because if it was all about protecting it, why didn't they just take the Citadel right away?
If that's true, then they also learned that the Citadel was needed as soon as TIM did, which was hours ingame before the assault on Chronon Station. Coincidentally, a few ingame hours later the Reapers hijacked the Citadel and moved it to Earth.
avatar
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Terramine on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:02 pm

Selim Bradley wrote:No, I'm saying I've heard your arguments already and disagree with them. Saying the exact same arguments therefore is just a piontless excersize. And you recall wrong. The moment I started supporting IT, all endings other than Destroy were never chosen after that point in time. I support people having the right to choose whatever ending they want as long as it allows them to enjoy the game, but that's it. So to me, all interpretations are valid, just I have preference for IT.

The Reapers are more strong enough, that's the pioint. They have become arrogant because of this. It's them saying "We've destroyed this countless times before, so let the cycle weaste all their resources on it again. We'll just destroy it again." They therefore focused on higher priorities, like the harvest aka the reason they came at all.
That's not how it works Selim, if you can't refute the arguments then you must accept the logic. You don't just get to believe what you want regardless of logic and reason. It's a pointless exercise because when you fail to refute my arguments, you still keep believing. Just like as I said, a creationist will do no matter how much you show them they are wrong.

The Reapers being arrogant is bad writing, so it is not acceptable.

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2465
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 23
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:02 pm

Gummy wrote:
IronicParticle wrote:
Gummy wrote:
Drewton wrote:
Gummy wrote:It was obvious since ME1 that a deus ex machina would have to be used, and it's obvious that we somehow would succeed building one.
So why was the focus on uniting the galaxy to fight the Reapers?
Well since Mars the focus war on delaying the Reapers to build and deploy the Crucible. Before it was already "we fight or we die" but with no real chance of success (see Protheans which were already more advanced but didn't stood a chance).
You are a literalist, GTFO.
I can be whereever I want. There is no rule against any type of thought here. It was actually made quite clear that there aren't rules at all so far.
Gummy's right, IP. You have no right to tell people to leave. At least she isn't trolling the threads and picking arguments with others, so since she's behaving she has as much right as you to post here.
avatar
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Terramine on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:03 pm

Selim Bradley wrote:
IronicParticle wrote:Selim stop saying I only have interpretations on my side. You are not a fucking literalist.

Facts are the Reapers knew about the Crucible as soon as TIM did. Which was well before the damned thing was even finished. They did not take the citadel UNTIL the Crucible was ready, they waited for it like they plan to use it.

Because if it was all about protecting it, why didn't they just take the Citadel right away?
If that's true, then they also learned that the Citadel was needed as soon as TIM did, which was hours ingame before the assault on Chronon Station. Coincidentally, a few ingame hours later the Reapers hijacked the Citadel and moved it to Earth.
Wrong, they've seen the blueprints before. They directly thought they eliminated the blueprints, allegedly anyways. So they've seen the blueprints.

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2465
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 23
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Terramine on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:03 pm

Selim Bradley wrote: Gummy's right, IP. You have no right to tell people to leave. At least she isn't trolling the threads and picking arguments with others, so since she's behaving she has as much right as you to post here.
It's one thing to keep your beliefs to yourself, you want to spew literalist bullshit go to the BSN.
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2465
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 23
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:06 pm

IronicParticle wrote:That's not how it works Selim, if you can't refute the arguments then you must accept the logic. You don't just get to believe what you want regardless of logic and reason. It's a pointless exercise because when you fail to refute my arguments, you still keep believing. Just like as I said, a creationist will do no matter how much you show them they are wrong.

The Reapers being arrogant is bad writing, so it is not acceptable.
The villian being arrogant is a common theme in storytelling. Are all those bad writings too? I see your points, but I disagree with YOUR logic. Same as you disagree with MY logic. Logic isn't a constant, it's different to each individual.


Last edited by Selim Bradley on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:07 pm

IronicParticle wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote: Gummy's right, IP. You have no right to tell people to leave. At least she isn't trolling the threads and picking arguments with others, so since she's behaving she has as much right as you to post here.
It's one thing to keep your beliefs to yourself, you want to spew literalist bullshit go to the BSN.
Gummy keeps her beliefs more to herself than you, who seems to need to shove it unto everyone else. Posters like you are the reason ITers got hated in the first place.
avatar
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Terramine on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:13 pm

Selim Bradley wrote:
IronicParticle wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote: Gummy's right, IP. You have no right to tell people to leave. At least she isn't trolling the threads and picking arguments with others, so since she's behaving she has as much right as you to post here.
It's one thing to keep your beliefs to yourself, you want to spew literalist bullshit go to the BSN.
Gummy keeps her beliefs more to herself than you, who seems to need to shove it unto everyone else. Posters like you are the reason ITers got hated in the first place.
Wrong again Selim, logic is not subjective. The superior logic wins, and so far I've actually been trying to supply logical reasons. Instead you are now just going on and on about subjectivity, etc because you don't WANT to change your mind regardless. As well, you are twisting things. I may speak my mind, but I actually leave myself open to being wrong and try to debate about it. literalist ideas have their own forum, and will not be entertained here even if they are brought up.

She does do well in keeping her reductionist ideas to herself... as she should keep doing, she can keep spewing it I guess. But it's inherently invalid here as far as anyone is concerned.

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2465
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 23
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Terramine on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:16 pm

Selim Bradley wrote:
IronicParticle wrote:That's not how it works Selim, if you can't refute the arguments then you must accept the logic. You don't just get to believe what you want regardless of logic and reason. It's a pointless exercise because when you fail to refute my arguments, you still keep believing. Just like as I said, a creationist will do no matter how much you show them they are wrong.

The Reapers being arrogant is bad writing, so it is not acceptable.
The villian being arrogant is a common theme in storytelling. Are all those bad writings too? I see your points, but I disagree with YOUR logic. Same as you disagree with MY logic. Logic isn't a constant, it's different to each individual.
Logic is universal :l

It's bad writing here because it dumbs the Reapers down even more than they already are. It's bad enough we have no real major mastermind because Harbinger gets no coverage, but to make reapers idiots instead of the terrifying monsters they were in ME1? No, that is just horrible. You should feel horrible for not being a true ME fan and entertaining the idea of the death of ME.

Also I'm not "disagreeing" with your logic. I refute it, ergo it'd be irrational of me to change my mind based on your logic. Whereas you fail to do the same.

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2465
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 23
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:20 pm

IronicParticle wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:
IronicParticle wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote: Gummy's right, IP. You have no right to tell people to leave. At least she isn't trolling the threads and picking arguments with others, so since she's behaving she has as much right as you to post here.
It's one thing to keep your beliefs to yourself, you want to spew literalist bullshit go to the BSN.
Gummy keeps her beliefs more to herself than you, who seems to need to shove it unto everyone else. Posters like you are the reason ITers got hated in the first place.
Wrong again Selim, logic is not subjective. The superior logic wins, and so far I've actually been trying to supply logical reasons. Instead you are now just going on and on about subjectivity, etc because you don't WANT to change your mind regardless. As well, you are twisting things. I may speak my mind, but I actually leave myself open to being wrong and try to debate about it. literalist ideas have their own forum, and will not be entertained here even if they are brought up.

She does do well in keeping her reductionist ideas to herself... as she should keep doing, she can keep spewing it I guess. But it's inherently invalid here as far as anyone is concerned.
You are twisting things just as much. People like to see what they want in art. I have been trying to show logical reasons as well, yet you just handwave it aside. I'm willing to change my mind and admit to being wrong if you provide adequate support for your ideas, yet you have yet to do so. And it's interesting how you say that you're open-minded, yet in the same paragraph say literalists have their own forum because it's "invalid". Awfully closeminded, if you ask me.
avatar
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Gummy on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:25 pm

I mean just think about it: it took the whole Citadel defense force plus multiple alliance fleets and the Normandy to destroy the Geth and Sovereign.
Then in ME2 in the first minutes their lackeys destroyed the Normandy and killed her. Also remember TIMs words when you have your first chat in ME2:
Shep: "You could have trained an entire army for what you've spend to bring me back."
TIM: "You're unique. Not just in ability or what you've experienced but in what you represent. You stood for humanity in a key moment, you're more than a soldier. You're a symbol. And I don't know if the Reapers understand fear, but you've killed one and they have to respect that."
The Reapers might have to respect that, but at the same time their lackeys could destroy and kill her with ease before. Now what value do they give a person like Shep?
avatar
Gummy
Gas Bag

Posts : 69
Join date : 2013-01-31
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:27 pm

IronicParticle wrote:Logic is universal :l

It's bad writing here because it dumbs the Reapers down even more than they already are. It's bad enough we have no real major mastermind because Harbinger gets no coverage, but to make reapers idiots instead of the terrifying monsters they were in ME1? No, that is just horrible. You should feel horrible for not being a true ME fan and entertaining the idea of the death of ME.

Also I'm not "disagreeing" with your logic. I refute it, ergo it'd be irrational of me to change my mind based on your logic. Whereas you fail to do the same.
And logic isn't universal because too much shapes a person's view of it. Things like culture, religion, ethics, etc.

So I'm not a true ME fan because I don't want exactly what you want? Again, you seem awfully closeminded for someone who preaches that we should be openminded.

At any rate, I'm done. When someone results to petty insults like that, I know any further dialogue with them is a pointless endeavor.
avatar
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Terramine on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:30 pm

Selim Bradley wrote:You are twisting things just as much. People like to see what they want in art. I have been trying to show logical reasons as well, yet you just handwave it aside. I'm willing to change my mind and admit to being wrong if you provide adequate support for your ideas, yet you have yet to do so. And it's interesting how you say that you're open-minded, yet in the same paragraph say literalists have their own forum because it's "invalid". Awfully closeminded, if you ask me.
Don't try to say it's close-minded of me, IT is proven sorry to say.

People like to see what they want in art = Speculations! <----- Speculations, is not a logical argument. You keep spewing this subjectivity crap, it's not logical Selim. Whenever you do try to use logic, it falls apart, for example I refuted the assertion that they didn't know the citadel was the Catalyst, they already knew it because they saw the blueprints.

You tried to claim they don't know the citadel is needed, which is wrong, another example of failed logic.

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2465
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 23
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Terramine on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:34 pm

Gummy wrote:I mean just think about it: it took the whole Citadel defense force plus multiple alliance fleets and the Normandy to destroy the Geth and Sovereign.
Then in ME2 in the first minutes their lackeys destroyed the Normandy and killed her. Also remember TIMs words when you have your first chat in ME2:
Shep: "You could have trained an entire army for what you've spend to bring me back."
TIM: "You're unique. Not just in ability or what you've experienced but in what you represent. You stood for humanity in a key moment, you're more than a soldier. You're a symbol. And I don't know if the Reapers understand fear, but you've killed one and they have to respect that."
The Reapers might have to respect that, but at the same time their lackeys could destroy and kill her with ease before. Now what value do they give a person like Shep?
Problem: They should still calculate the physics in order to know how much firepower is needed to destroy the Crucible.

Any claim that the endings are real, is just horrible. Since everyone on the main forum thinks the word retard should never mean the disability, but instead mean an insult to a person. You are retarded if you suggest that. The literalist endings are so horrible, hell is preferable. Heck chilling with Ray Comfort in hell, is preferable.

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2465
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 23
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Charlie Sheen on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:35 pm

Gummy wrote:
Drewton wrote:
Gummy wrote:It was obvious since ME1 that a deus ex machina would have to be used, and it's obvious that we somehow would succeed building one.
So why was the focus on uniting the galaxy to fight the Reapers?
Well since Mars the focus was on delaying the Reapers to build and deploy the Crucible. Before it was already "we fight or we die" but with no real chance of success (see Protheans which were already more advanced but didn't stood a chance).


Also my point does not fail if the Reapers just used the wrong values for their estimates. You know "you have changed the variables" :3
Exactly, it only seemed to become about a deus ex machina in ME3 when that plot thread popped out of the blue at Mars. They only just discover a Reaper-destroying superweapon at the start of the war? Convenient.

On the contrary, Shepard was constantly defying the Reaper's expectations. With Sovereign, and the Suicide Mission. Shepard was an anomaly. And had the races of the previous cycle been so united?

Why didn't the Prothean VI mention a Reaper-destroying superweapon if a deus ex was always planned?

_________________


SEVEN SUNS THEORY
avatar
Charlie Sheen
STG

Posts : 507
Join date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Re: If you think the breath scene isn't on the Citadel and that Cronos Station is real: WHY?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum