Thoughts, Opinions, and Rants on the Endings

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thoughts, Opinions, and Rants on the Endings

Post by Dwailing on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:13 pm

Okay, I've been wondering about something. Guys, just what do you like/dislike about the endings? I mean, I know what I like and dislike, but I want to hear what people still don't like, even after the Extended Cut. The format I would like to see is as follows:

A. Likes

1. Point

2. Points

3. Etc.

B. Dislikes

1. Point

2. Point

3. Etc.

C. Extra thoughts (I.E. rant time)

Best emoticon ever.  Of all time: Dwail\'s Garrus 

Decision Chamber Hallucination Theory
RWBY/KS Crossover
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts, Opinions, and Rants on the Endings

Post by Dwailing on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:29 pm

Okay, I'm going to start this.

A. Likes

1. The deaths of the Reapers

2. The Breath Scene

3. The hopefulness for the future

4. The Indoctrination Theory

5. The Stargazer scene

B. Dislikes

1. The implementation of Synthesis

2. The Breath Scene

3. The deaths of EDI and the geth

4. The lack of a reunion

5. The anti-climactic death of TIM

6. The lack of War Assets in cutscenes

7. The Normandy evac scene

C. Okay, I can tell everyone's going to ask why Star-Brat isn't on either list. It's because he's one of the most successful villains ever. He's garnered more hatred than almost any character in the history of gaming. I can't honestly put him on my likes list, but I can't put him on my dislike list, because these are things that I dislike on a storytelling level, not on an in-game level. On a different level, that's also why I have the deaths of EDI and the geth on the dislikes list, because it's impossible to avert without choosing Synthesis or Control, two endings which I cannot choose. It feels... unnecessary, honestly. It's even worse because I actually have the OPTION to save them, but cannot choose it because of how it's implemented. Not only that, but they get offscreen deaths. I WANT to see them die. If I'm going to kill them, I WANT to feel the emotion that comes with that. Instead, they're just sort of ignored. They deserve so much more. Also, the reason I say the Implementation of Synthesis rather than just Synthesis is because I actually REALLY like the results of Synthesis, just not the action I have to choose to make it happen. I LOVE the idea of a Singularity. It's awesome. However, I cannot, in good conscience, choose Synthesis when it requires the Reapers surviving, Shepard dying, and it being forced on everyone. If a Singularity occurs, it should happen because everyone WANTED it to happen, not because it was forced on everyone.

Best emoticon ever.  Of all time: Dwail\'s Garrus 

Decision Chamber Hallucination Theory
RWBY/KS Crossover
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:29 pm

Looking at some of the events of ME3, I would argue that the "singularity" is starting to occur without the impetus of the Reaper's synthesis...

"Does that mean it will kill your smug ass too?"

DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:18 pm

DSharrah wrote:Looking at some of the events of ME3, I would argue that the "singularity" is starting to occur without the impetus of the Reaper's synthesis...

That's actually a damn good point.

I think people are (deliberately by Bioware's plans) mistakenly mistaking Quarian Peace and Genophage Cure Synthesizing as promotion for Synthesis as the final choice.

"Now we know it is inevitable." Heh.

In essence, the Reapers/Harbinger is noticing that the Cycles are now gradually resisting more, and co-operating with each other more, much more especially in this Cycle.

They want a piece of that action (aka all of Shepard's secrets, whatever they are), before it blows up in their faces.

Destroy, is blowing that up in their faces.

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:17 pm

Just to be clear, is this literal or IT? Because it changes everything.

banSHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Norlond
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:20 pm

I hate the ending for one simple reason. Reapers still reaping.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:43 pm

the ending makes about as much sense as using a chocolate condom as a blast shield in a furnace.

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:21 am

SwobyJ wrote:
DSharrah wrote:Looking at some of the events of ME3, I would argue that the "singularity" is starting to occur without the impetus of the Reaper's synthesis...

That's actually a damn good point.

I think people are (deliberately by Bioware's plans) mistakenly mistaking Quarian Peace and Genophage Cure Synthesizing as promotion for Synthesis as the final choice.

"Now we know it is inevitable." Heh.

In essence, the Reapers/Harbinger is noticing that the Cycles are now gradually resisting more, and co-operating with each other more, much more especially in this Cycle.

They want a piece of that action (aka all of Shepard's secrets, whatever they are), before it blows up in their faces.

Destroy, is blowing that up in their faces.

It's not just the bolded quote (if anything that's the icing on the cake). The best examples to really look at are the two "leading" synthetics of the story...EDI and Legion. Both have grown so much in the last two games (from ME 1 for EDI). And because of the influence of Shepard their evolution is much different than that of the Reapers...in a way you could almost say that Shepard, being the guiding figure in their development, is their "parental" figure. In a way, it makes a lot of sense that Reaperbieber threatens them with death if you choose destroy. And because of that emotional attachment that has formed, it gives reason to the hesitation to make that choice...after all who would want to kill their "kids". Its the perfect bait...play upon your fears as a parent and trick you into making the choice that isn't in your best interests...

"Does that mean it will kill your smug ass too?"

DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:51 am

BansheeOwnage wrote:Just to be clear, is this literal or IT? Because it changes everything.

I'm not talking about IT or literal, I'm talking about what you like about the endings as they are play out in the game, not interpretations of those events. Now, you can list an interpretation AS one of the things you like or dislike...
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:39 am

dork wrote:the ending makes about as much sense as using a chocolate condom as a blast shield in a furnace.

Analogy of the day.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top