New IP Project

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which IP Idea?

36% 36% 
[ 5 ]
43% 43% 
[ 6 ]
21% 21% 
[ 3 ]
 
Total Votes : 14

Re: New IP Project

Post by TJBartlemus on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:58 am

Then it is settled then. Otter has been appointed CEO. :P I actually am quite glad with this cause I see Otter being the best for the business side of the company.

Now moving on with the agenda. It's time for Otter to determine what member will do what. (Members can do multiple things if they wish. Please give suggestions for Otter so he can determine what will go down better.)

So there are 3 regions of production for game development. Writing, Programming, and Art.

May I ask that I am appointed as Executive Producer along with you Otter? I would be interested in the writing portion of development, and I can also provide help in the programming.
avatar
TJBartlemus
Husk

Posts : 164
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 21
Location : Alaska

Back to top Go down

Re: New IP Project

Post by Fur28 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:10 am

Programming: Dont know Computer Witchcraft so no
Art: cant draw for shit so no
Writing: I can try that ^^

_________________
I Love Selim Heart
Anti-Shield Drill (Super Effective against the Ultimate Shield)

Fur28
Commando

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 23
Location : Mexico

Back to top Go down

Re: New IP Project

Post by smokingotter on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:35 am

Ok all it's time for a vote on names for company:

ITC
Right Choice
IT Realms
Renegon Productions
Paragade Games
Bynary
Banal
Bynacle
Clueless

we will all pick our first, second and third choice since there are so many, 1st (3 points) 2nd (2 points) 3rd (1 point) the choice with the most points wins

Advise you all sleep on it Feel free to add names btw.
avatar
smokingotter
Thorian Creeper

Posts : 143
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : College Park, MD

Back to top Go down

Re: New IP Project

Post by Terramine on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:44 pm

Fur28 wrote:Programming: Dont know Computer Witchcraft so no
Art: cant draw for shit so no
Writing: I can try that ^^
I'm good at doing writing portions of school work, writing was fairly easy for me and I can be a little creative even if it's not my best characteristic. So, I could be writing I guess. But we have a lot of writers on this forum, so I might look into figuring out programming.

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2468
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New IP Project

Post by Terramine on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:49 pm

smokingotter wrote:Ok all it's time for a vote on names for company:

ITC
Right Choice
IT Realms
Renegon Productions
Paragade Games
Bynary
Banal
Bynacle
Clueless

we will all pick our first, second and third choice since there are so many, 1st (3 points) 2nd (2 points) 3rd (1 point) the choice with the most points wins

Advise you all sleep on it Feel free to add names btw.
Hallucinatory Deception productions, or Deceptive Squid Killers are my contributions to the list.

1st: Deceptive Squid killers
2nd: IT Realms
Edit: 3rd: Deception Studios


Last edited by IronicParticle on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2468
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New IP Project

Post by smokingotter on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:28 pm

1st. Paragade
2nd. IT Realms
3rd. Deception Studios

Gonna modify IP's suggestion.

Changing my vote to Paragade


Last edited by smokingotter on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
smokingotter
Thorian Creeper

Posts : 143
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : College Park, MD

Back to top Go down

Re: New IP Project

Post by Terramine on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:50 pm

smokingotter wrote:1st. Right Choice
2nd. IT Realms
3rd. Deception Studios

Gonna modify IP's suggestion.
I'll switch my 3rd to Deception Studios.

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2468
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New IP Project

Post by smokingotter on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:54 am

Hey Guys I made my first "game" with RPG maker, check it out:

http://youtu.be/ZnHFu3nh37g

I called the game "game over" no idea why it's in Japanese.
avatar
smokingotter
Thorian Creeper

Posts : 143
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : College Park, MD

Back to top Go down

Re: New IP Project

Post by Terramine on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:47 am

smokingotter wrote:Hey Guys I made my first "game" with RPG maker, check it out:

http://youtu.be/ZnHFu3nh37g

I called the game "game over" no idea why it's in Japanese.
Well alright then, why is there a big hole there?

I just realized, his bed is right there and he is stuck on an island. I don't think I want to know how much poop is in that hole affraid

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2468
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New IP Project

Post by TJBartlemus on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:13 am

1st: Paragade Games
2nd: ITC Games
3rd: Deception Studios (however this name HAS been taken by some companies)
avatar
TJBartlemus
Husk

Posts : 164
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 21
Location : Alaska

Back to top Go down

Re: New IP Project

Post by TJBartlemus on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:25 am

smokingotter wrote:Hey Guys I made my first "game" with RPG maker, check it out:

http://youtu.be/ZnHFu3nh37g

I called the game "game over" no idea why it's in Japanese.

Cool. Tons there is stuff still to figure out but it's a good first start! I would love to download that maker however I don't feel like dishing out money for it. (How much does it cost anyway? Nvm. 60-70$!?!?! That's crazy.) I did get UDK though. However it seems my computer can't handle it. :P What's the minimum requirements for RPG Maker?
avatar
TJBartlemus
Husk

Posts : 164
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 21
Location : Alaska

Back to top Go down

Re: New IP Project

Post by smokingotter on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:27 am

Hey TJ: System requirements can be found here:

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/products/rpg-maker-vx-ace

Looks like if you pirate it you get all the text in Chinese which I guess is fair. Anyway looks like I will probably be buying it.
avatar
smokingotter
Thorian Creeper

Posts : 143
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : College Park, MD

Back to top Go down

Re: New IP Project

Post by TJBartlemus on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:37 am

smokingotter wrote:Hey TJ: System requirements can be found here:

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/products/rpg-maker-vx-ace

Looks like if you pirate it you get all the text in Chinese which I guess is fair. Anyway looks like I will probably be buying it.

Okay. Well my computer can handle that. Doesn't me do any good if I can't use it though. :P You should check to see if you can distribute a copy within your company so all your employee's can use the software. I mean, that should be fair for the 70$ price range.
avatar
TJBartlemus
Husk

Posts : 164
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 21
Location : Alaska

Back to top Go down

Re: New IP Project

Post by Terramine on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:50 am

smokingotter wrote:Hey TJ: System requirements can be found here:

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/products/rpg-maker-vx-ace

Looks like if you pirate it you get all the text in Chinese which I guess is fair. Anyway looks like I will probably be buying it.
Actually, I found an English version right away. But I don't think I want to pirate it.

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2468
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New IP Project

Post by smokingotter on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:53 am

I will wait until next week to buy the copy have to pay off student loans ya know.

Give us time to work on storyboarding.

It looks like IT Realms is the winner!
avatar
smokingotter
Thorian Creeper

Posts : 143
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : College Park, MD

Back to top Go down

Re: New IP Project

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:30 am

TJBartlemus wrote:
smokingotter wrote:Hey Guys I made my first "game" with RPG maker, check it out:

http://youtu.be/ZnHFu3nh37g

I called the game "game over" no idea why it's in Japanese.

Cool. Tons there is stuff still to figure out but it's a good first start! I would love to download that maker however I don't feel like dishing out money for it. (How much does it cost anyway? Nvm. 60-70$!?!?! That's crazy.) I did get UDK though. However it seems my computer can't handle it. :P What's the minimum requirements for RPG Maker?

It's $60-70 because it's not a game, but a dev toolkit.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New IP Project

Post by TJBartlemus on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:15 pm

smokingotter wrote:I will wait until next week to buy the copy have to pay off student loans ya know.

Give us time to work on storyboarding.

It looks like IT Realms is the winner!

Aright. I thought Fur and Banshee were going to vote as well, but I'm fine with that name I guess. :P The IT stands for Indoctrination Theory I assume? Or perhaps Integrated Technology... :P
avatar
TJBartlemus
Husk

Posts : 164
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 21
Location : Alaska

Back to top Go down

Re: New IP Project

Post by TJBartlemus on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:17 pm

[quote="SwobyJ"]
TJBartlemus wrote:

It's $60-70 because it's not a game, but a dev toolkit.

I realize that. :P I just reacted like that cause that's out of my price range for right now. I'd have to save up my entertainment fund for a couple weeks to get it.

avatar
TJBartlemus
Husk

Posts : 164
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 21
Location : Alaska

Back to top Go down

Re: New IP Project

Post by Terramine on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:37 pm

TJBartlemus wrote:
smokingotter wrote:I will wait until next week to buy the copy have to pay off student loans ya know.

Give us time to work on storyboarding.

It looks like IT Realms is the winner!

Aright. I thought Fur and Banshee were going to vote as well, but I'm fine with that name I guess. :P The IT stands for Indoctrination Theory I assume? Or perhaps Integrated Technology... :P
Well I'm sure it stands for Indoctrination Theory, but only people in the company will really be aware of it. I mean not that we can't share details like that in the future with possible fans, but we won't parade around saying what it stands for. At least I hope not,when something means something to you, it's more personal.

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2468
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New IP Project

Post by TJBartlemus on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:47 pm

IronicParticle wrote:Well I'm sure it stands for Indoctrination Theory, but only people in the company will really be aware of it. I mean not that we can't share details like that in the future with possible fans, but we won't parade around saying what it stands for. At least I hope not,when something means something to you, it's more personal.

I still like Paragade Studios (or Games) much better though... :P Cause then there is no guess work and it's simple to see we got inspiration from Mass Effect.
avatar
TJBartlemus
Husk

Posts : 164
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 21
Location : Alaska

Back to top Go down

Re: New IP Project

Post by smokingotter on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:51 pm

Actually TJ you are right changed my vote to Paragade so as far as it stand that wins now let's focus on premise. You know mine any ideas?
avatar
smokingotter
Thorian Creeper

Posts : 143
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : College Park, MD

Back to top Go down

Re: New IP Project

Post by TJBartlemus on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:21 pm

smokingotter wrote:Actually TJ you are right changed my vote to Paragade so as far as it stand that wins now let's focus on premise. You know mine any ideas?

I actually like your idea a lot. Legacy seems to be the perfect game to start with in my opinion.
avatar
TJBartlemus
Husk

Posts : 164
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 21
Location : Alaska

Back to top Go down

Re: New IP Project

Post by TJBartlemus on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:04 am

I think Game Maker should be our engine for our first game for the following reasons.

It is really easy to use, doesn't require much to run, and has a ton of potential. They even have software that can span over different platforms.

Just some proof of the potential:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdgQyOIyWPY

However I think that to get the full use of it, we will have to purchase the full version. But it is quite cheaper than all the other engines I have found so far.
avatar
TJBartlemus
Husk

Posts : 164
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 21
Location : Alaska

Back to top Go down

Re: New IP Project

Post by Terramine on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:57 am

TJBartlemus wrote:I think Game Maker should be our engine for our first game for the following reasons.

It is really easy to use, doesn't require much to run, and has a ton of potential. They even have software that can span over different platforms.

Just some proof of the potential:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdgQyOIyWPY

However I think that to get the full use of it, we will have to purchase the full version. But it is quite cheaper than all the other engines I have found so far.
I think it looks better and has more potential than the other one.

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2468
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New IP Project

Post by TJBartlemus on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:43 pm

IronicParticle wrote:I think it looks better and has more potential than the other one.

So what does everyone else think of Legacy?
avatar
TJBartlemus
Husk

Posts : 164
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 21
Location : Alaska

Back to top Go down

Re: New IP Project

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum