There's Something About Asari... (idle speculation)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: There's Something About Asari... (idle speculation)

Post by Andromidius on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:55 am

dork wrote:
how come the Asari ends up being stargazer in the refuse ending?

In theory even a single Asari surviving the harvest would mean the species could continue. So long as there was another creature to breed with.
Andromidius
Admin

http://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Steelcan on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:59 am

Andromidius wrote:
dork wrote:

In theory even a single Asari surviving the harvest would mean the species could continue. So long as there was another creature to breed with.
It's an Asari model, not an actual Asari. BioWaree just didn't take the time to make a whole new species for the Refuse Stargazer scene.
Steelcan
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosewind on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:11 am

Steelcan wrote:
Andromidius wrote:
dork wrote:

It's an Asari model, not an actual Asari. BioWaree just didn't take the time to make a whole new species for the Refuse Stargazer scene.

There was a stragazer scene for refuse? Thought it cut of after Liara's beascon played.

"Just once why cant some one say, Sure! Lets go! Right Now! No strings attached!"
Rosewind
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Sloth25 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:26 am

Restrider wrote:
ElSuperGecko wrote:Just idle speculation, as I mentioned. Not saying the Asari are Reaper agents, but just that there's something not quite right about them... they're hiding something, and not just the Prothean Beacon or the Ardat Yakshi (Space Vampires for the win!)

The bachelor party conversation on Illium is hilarious, and at the same time intriguing...

First of all, their fast development is not that surprising. Take into account that scientific growth is exponential. Compare the scientific breakthroughs from 1990-2010 with those of the years 1600-1620...
However, I would say that they develop slower than humans/shorter lived races. Their long lives may not be advantageous for rapid changes. It's mentioned in the codex that they are known for a centristic, balanced and somewhat unhasty way of thinking.

Secondly, I think it was mentioned in Mass Effect: Revelations that the aliens were surprised that human females resembled the Asari. Some time has passed since I read that book, so can someone confirm that?
If it is true, then their physical appearence should be as we see them. However, some kind of mindfucking with their potential mates to be adored/loved/liked is still more than likely.

On Thessia (ME2), if you listen to the bachelor party going on, there's a turian, salarian and human all saying that asari looking like hot versions of females in there species, so you may be onto something there.
The_Sloth25
Drone

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:30 am

Steelcan wrote:
Andromidius wrote:
dork wrote:

Speculations!
Andromidius
Admin

http://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosewind on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:45 am

The_Sloth25 wrote:
Restrider wrote:
ElSuperGecko wrote:Just idle speculation, as I mentioned. Not saying the Asari are Reaper agents, but just that there's something not quite right about them... they're hiding something, and not just the Prothean Beacon or the Ardat Yakshi (Space Vampires for the win!)

The bachelor party conversation on Illium is hilarious, and at the same time intriguing...

First of all, their fast development is not that surprising. Take into account that scientific growth is exponential. Compare the scientific breakthroughs from 1990-2010 with those of the years 1600-1620...
However, I would say that they develop slower than humans/shorter lived races. Their long lives may not be advantageous for rapid changes. It's mentioned in the codex that they are known for a centristic, balanced and somewhat unhasty way of thinking.

Secondly, I think it was mentioned in Mass Effect: Revelations that the aliens were surprised that human females resembled the Asari. Some time has passed since I read that book, so can someone confirm that?
If it is true, then their physical appearence should be as we see them. However, some kind of mindfucking with their potential mates to be adored/loved/liked is still more than likely.

On Thessia (ME2), if you listen to the bachelor party going on, there's a turian, salarian and human all saying that asari looking like hot versions of females in there species, so you may be onto something there.

They said they look like their females not a hot version of them :P

"Just once why cant some one say, Sure! Lets go! Right Now! No strings attached!"
Rosewind
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Avin180 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:08 am

Ah, I can explain that, there is a mystery drink you can buy in the bar next to that conversation (the one where Aethyta is tending on) which seemingly makes the asari more attractive. You know this because you can talk to Aethyta right after who look completely different.
Avin180
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:18 am

Avin180 wrote:

Ah, I can explain that, there is a mystery drink you can buy in the bar next to that conversation (the one where Aethyta is tending on) which seemingly makes the asari more attractive. You know this because you can talk to Aethyta right after who look completely different.

She looks like a drag queen when you're too drunk to see straight.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by solidsnake78 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:21 am

Rifneno wrote:
Avin180 wrote:

She def looks better when your sober IMO.

Combat Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avin180 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:39 am

solidsnake78 wrote:
Rifneno wrote:
Avin180 wrote:

She def looks better when your sober IMO.

Agreed. But I'm guessing that answered the speculation on the entire bachelor party thing.
Avin180
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthSliver on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:04 am

Steelcan wrote:
Andromidius wrote:
dork wrote:

Think if that was the case Bioware couldve of created a model for the Rioli(SP?), wouldve been nice to see what they looked like even if it was a backside look.
DarthSliver
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top