X-Com: Enemy Unknown

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown

Post by MaximizedAction on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:31 am

Norlond wrote:Yeah, sniper ftw! :P

Canadian, purple, mad scientist sniper ftw!

EDIT: absolutely unnecessary top

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane on Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:18 am

Raistlin Majere wrote:So I was running a Sniper with my above mentioned idea of build and it was quite amazing, this fast stealthy sniper moving across the roofs picking of enemies quickly became my main squad member so I named her after another hadcore girl with a big gun, Seras Victoria from Hellsing Ultimate.

So I get her to the level where the soldier earns a nickname and what does Seras get? Vampire! It is just so amazingly fitting I can scarcely believe it is a coincidence.
You made the right call!

If only you could give her the Harkonnen II....

What I'm listening to: http://www.last.fm/user/Hrothdane/library
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:10 am

Raistlin Majere wrote:So I was running a Sniper with my above mentioned idea of build and it was quite amazing, this fast stealthy sniper moving across the roofs picking of enemies quickly became my main squad member so I named her after another hadcore girl with a big gun, Seras Victoria from Hellsing Ultimate.

So I get her to the level where the soldier earns a nickname and what does Seras get? Vampire! It is just so amazingly fitting I can scarcely believe it is a coincidence.
That is cool. Perhaps the game recognizes certain names that are used and are programmed accordingly?
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere on Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:01 am

Selim Bradley wrote:

That is cool. Perhaps the game recognizes certain names that are used and are programmed accordingly?
I actually tested this in a new game and there Seras Victoria (same build as before) got the nickname 'zero' so I guess it was just unbelievably lucky.

N7

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:33 am

Another lucky one I saw mentioned on TVTropes was a soldier called 'Kerrigan' getting the nickname 'Blades' and eventually turning out to be psionic.
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere on Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:42 am

RavenEyry wrote:Another lucky one I saw mentioned on TVTropes was a soldier called 'Kerrigan' getting the nickname 'Blades' and eventually turning out to be psionic.
Nice :)

My first completion of the game had my sniper 'zero' as the chosen Psionic. I could not help but smile a bit when he sacrificed his life to end it. Had I known there would be a sacrifice involved I would have named him Lelouch.

N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:03 am

Raistlin Majere wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:

I actually tested this in a new game and there Seras Victoria (same build as before) got the nickname 'zero' so I guess it was just unbelievably lucky.
Then that is a very cool set of circumstances.
Raistlin Majere wrote:
RavenEyry wrote:Another lucky one I saw mentioned on TVTropes was a soldier called 'Kerrigan' getting the nickname 'Blades' and eventually turning out to be psionic.
Nice :)

My first completion of the game had my sniper 'zero' as the chosen Psionic. I could not help but smile a bit when he sacrificed his life to end it. Had I known there would be a sacrifice involved I would have named him Lelouch.
It would be even better if your Zero was the one who had to kill Lelouch.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere on Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:48 pm

Just completed Enemy Within on Classic Ironman, took some sweet revenge on the Ethereals of the final room by wiping them all out instead of just going for the boss as revenge for last time I battled them.

N7

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko on Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:32 pm

Played it to death last week or so. I clearly should have started on Classic because I've breezed through it so far. I didn't actually bother triggering the Alien Base Assault until September... which left me battling multiple Sectopods and Mechtoids that were protecting the Alien Commander.

....which was nice.

Up next: EXALT Base fun in Australia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:55 am

So I have decided to try and go for all achievements in X-COM: Enemy Within. Currently going for the two involving completing the game with just a 4 man squad and with one character having survived every mission. The 4 man squad one has a requirement of Classic or higher so that is what I am at, but luckily it need not be Ironman.

My chosen Soldier for complete survival is a Sniper who I named Raistlin Majere with the nickname Archmage.

So far things are going well, just completed base defense and starting to get Plasma Weaponry ressearch completed.

Edit:

Finished that, though annoyed to learn Edison achievement is bugged in Enemy Within, so got to do a quick Enemy Unknown play through to get that. Oh well still need to complete the game from Africa and Europe anyway.

After that I can start looking at a Impossible play through...that should be fun.

N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top