Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Souls

+3
Raistlin Majere
RavenEyry
BlueLogic
7 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Dark Souls Empty Dark Souls

Post by BlueLogic Fri May 03, 2013 9:15 pm

(UPDATED 7/16/2013 with Lore video linkage.  Thanks Raistlin!  Also, added my favorite character builder.)

I tried this for the first time a few weeks ago on PC.  While it took a bit of effort to get things up and running properly, once I got going...wooooooooooooooooo!  I haven't stopped playing since.  Here's some information on the game if anyone else would be interested in trying it out.  It's certainly not for those with anger management issues, but for the rest it has a lot of unique experiences to offer.

General comments on the game:
Spoiler:

What you'll need to get started:
Spoiler:

Dark Souls Videos:
Spoiler:

Character Build Tools:
Spoiler:
Anyone else tried this gem?

Last edited by BlueLogic on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:15 pm; edited 6 times in total
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Dark Souls Empty Re: Dark Souls

Post by RavenEyry Fri May 03, 2013 9:43 pm

I saw someone else play it. They were an expert at Demon's Souls and thought they were prepared. They died a lot but avoided getting majorly frustrated at least.

I have been tempted to get it because I love the genre and style, but I hate difficulty so it's been stuck in the 'maybe' pile forever. If a steam sale puts it at a fiver or less and I haven't recently bought something I may grin and bear it.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Sat May 04, 2013 8:14 am

I have played a lot of Dark Souls on my Xbox 360 and completed it once. I bought it because I wanted a challenge and I stayed for the fantastic world it featured.

The horrors and darkness awaiting behind every corner, avoiding enemies as I balanced on narrow wooden planks far above a poisonous swamp. The majesty and yet also danger of Anor Londo.

The slow unraveling of the plot should you choose to pursue knowledge on the subject as you realize just how much the world is in decay and how those who once protected it have all succumbed to madness or disappeared.

And you were alone, so horribly alone with only messages, a few NPC's and the occasional summoning reminding you that there were others like you out there.

I also own Prepare to Die Edition for PC and I admire you for making it work. It is one of the most shoddy ports I have ever seen, I mean they did not even change the tutorial to match the PC controls and the controls, especially the camera is just horrible. I have tried to mess around with mods to make it playable, but I have not succeeded so far and less than perfect controls in a game as unforgivable as Dark Souls is not something I will suffer through.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Mon May 06, 2013 4:32 pm

Updated OP.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one interested in DS.

Raistlin Majere wrote:I also own Prepare to Die Edition for PC and I admire you for making it work. It is one of the most shoddy ports I have ever seen, I mean they did not even change the tutorial to match the PC controls and the controls, especially the camera is just horrible. I have tried to mess around with mods to make it playable, but I have not succeeded so far and less than perfect controls in a game as unforgivable as Dark Souls is not something I will suffer through.
Yeah, I don't know if it's practically possible for someone to play this game with the PC controls. I'm so glad I already had my handy 360 pad. If you ever feel the need to try again, DSfix really works wonders.

You mentioned Anor Londo, and I have to admit, that moment when you first glimpse the skyline is amazing. My personal favorite moment would have to be stumbling upon The Great Hollow, and finally making it all the way down to Ash Lake. Emerging on the sugar white sand and gazing across the blackness...that was one of those you keep with you.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Mon May 06, 2013 5:01 pm

BlueLogic wrote:Updated OP.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one interested in DS.

Raistlin Majere wrote:I also own Prepare to Die Edition for PC and I admire you for making it work. It is one of the most shoddy ports I have ever seen, I mean they did not even change the tutorial to match the PC controls and the controls, especially the camera is just horrible. I have tried to mess around with mods to make it playable, but I have not succeeded so far and less than perfect controls in a game as unforgivable as Dark Souls is not something I will suffer through.
Yeah, I don't know if it's practically possible for someone to play this game with the PC controls. I'm so glad I already had my handy 360 pad. If you ever feel the need to try again, DSfix really works wonders.

You mentioned Anor Londo, and I have to admit, that moment when you first glimpse the skyline is amazing. My personal favorite moment would have to be stumbling upon The Great Hollow, and finally making it all the way down to Ash Lake. Emerging on the sugar white sand and gazing across the blackness...that was one of those you keep with you.

Indeed the ashen lake was beautiful and yet also haunting in how strange it was to find such a completely still lake far below everything else. It was also home to my favorite Covenant, the Path of the Dragon. Not the covenant with the best benefits and really hard to farm, but the transformation you get from it is cool and if you know what you are doing it can be devastating.

If you go of its claw attack then at max covenant rank the power of it is devastating and quite fast, though with short reach. Combined with a Riposte it is absolutely brutal. With the ring increasing riposte damage I once hit a invading player for 1134 damage, killing him instantly. However it is balanced out by the lack of armor in the form.

Best benefit Covenant I have found though has to be the Gravelord Servants. An amazing large curved sword (with Toxic build up when you hit the enemy) which can easily last for the entire game if upgraded and a fantastic and bad ass miracle.

My most hated the place in the game, at least on first play through was the Poison Swamp transitioning in Qualags lair. The sewers, scaffolding above and swamp itself I hated because of the hampered movement and use of poison and I almost gave up as I reached the entrance to Qualags lair. Suffering from Arachnophobia I just stared at the webbed entrance to the mound and went through every terrible scenario I could imagine of Dark Souls and giant spiders.

Luckily my brother went through on his play through and I could learn there was only one spider and a rather non horrific at that.

On that note I really hope we wont see any spiders for Dark Souls 2.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Wed May 08, 2013 1:13 am

Raistlin Majere wrote:...as I reached the entrance to Qualags lair. Suffering from Arachnophobia I just stared at the webbed entrance to the mound and went through every terrible scenario I could imagine of Dark Souls and giant spiders.

Oh yes. This area is the only one area so far that has actually gotten to me, to the point where I thought about turning around. The..."egg bearers", are perhaps the most disturbing things I've ever seen in a video game. I was so glad that the area beyond was just molten lava and giant demons. I mean, "whew"!

The game has also reintroduced me to frustration. For a while it was the rooftop archer run in Anor Londo. Today it was Bed of Chaos. I have 30 demon titanite stockpiled just because I had to run by the prowling demon that many times. Five minutes of running, throw a few fire balls, slice up some rock worms, ok...let's try this aga...DAMNIT!! One-shotted into the pit again. *five minutes later* RUNNING JUMP!!! *swat* DAMNIT! Victory felt more like a relief than a triumph.

Been enjoying the darkwraiths. The infinite and "for free" invasions have been fun, and for the most part, people have been good sports about being invaded. Of course, I'm winning less than half the time, so that's not really a surprise :)

I'm taking a break from my main to work on a sorcerer/healer Princess Guard I'm making for co-op.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Wed May 08, 2013 8:20 am

BlueLogic:

The Bed of Chaos never really troubled me as much as many other bosses, like Ornstein and Smough (but those two are brutal), perhaps because the battle was more akin to a plat former than a fight.

However I always felt bad about killing Priscilla, the Half-breed as she is not even hostile towards you. Only did it on a dex run where I wanted the dagger from her.

Sif, that Wolf from Atorias tomb is also so sad to fight, especially if you have Prepare to Die edition and completed that before fighting it. You don't even have a choice about it if you want to complete the game.

But I guess that is the beauty of the narrative of the game. If you take your time to examine souls and talk to people you can learn about some of the tragedy which has befallen the world and its inhabitants and it makes fighting those people mentioned all the more painful, because you know they are not inherently evil, they just went insane in the attempt to correct what had gone wrong.

Especially Qualags sister really puts you through a guilt trip if you choose the Iron Ring for your starting gear and equip it before talking to her. She mistakes you for Qualag and you learn bits of her back story, like how she is deadly ill from sucking the plague from the inhabitants of the lower city.
Most of the egg bearers are these people she has helped who in return carry her brood, though it leaves her in pain with Qualag taking care of her.

If you then enter the Chaos Witch covenant and start giving her Humanity it turns out that Humanity helps relieve the pain she feels.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Thu May 09, 2013 3:52 pm

Raistlin Majere wrote:Sif, that Wolf from Atorias tomb is also so sad to fight, especially if you have Prepare to Die edition and completed that before fighting it. You don't even have a choice about it if you want to complete the game.
I know! What a great character. I fought Sif long before I got to Artorias, and it was neat when I finally did meet him, to see the similarities in their fighting style suggesting Sif learned by emulating his master.

Raistlin Majere wrote:Especially Qualags sister really puts you through a guilt trip if you choose the Iron Ring for your starting gear and equip it before talking to her. She mistakes you for Qualag and you learn bits of her back story, like how she is deadly ill from sucking the plague from the inhabitants of the lower city.
Most of the egg bearers are these people she has helped who in return carry her brood, though it leaves her in pain with Qualag taking care of her.

If you then enter the Chaos Witch covenant and start giving her Humanity it turns out that Humanity helps relieve the pain she feels.
Yeah, this one got to me. I felt bad for having just killed her sister, even though...well...that girl had issues. I stopped playing my first character and created a whole new one just so I could join the Chaos Servants. It's pretty neat from an RP perspective. I've enjoyed it so much that I've played that character more than any other. I try to look the part by wearing the gold-hemmed black set and utilizing a good bit of pyromancy along with my Iaito. It was rather funny, once I got up to the apex of Lost Izalith and found the Daughter of Chaos, I thought it was some kind of mirror challenge. Didn't make sense in context until it finally dawned on me who I'd just fought. Don't know whether to feel dumb for my mistake, or proud of my character design. :)
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Thu May 09, 2013 6:31 pm

I love Dark Souls! I have a heavy melee fighter build with Ornstein's spear and the Greatshield of Artorias with a +15 Zweihander as my alternate. I have yet to go back and play the expansion content, but I am on my second playthrough. I have it on PS3 myself.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Thu May 09, 2013 6:35 pm

BlueLogic wrote:
Raistlin Majere wrote:Sif, that Wolf from Atorias tomb is also so sad to fight, especially if you have Prepare to Die edition and completed that before fighting it. You don't even have a choice about it if you want to complete the game.
I know! What a great character. I fought Sif long before I got to Artorias, and it was neat when I finally did meet him, to see the similarities in their fighting style suggesting Sif learned by emulating his master.

So you did not save the Young Sif before fighting Older Sif in Prepare to Die Edition? If not, then you should know that it alters the opening cutscene as Sif recognizes you as you approach the tomb, but chooses to fight out of loyalty to Atorias. If you then die a short cutscene plays where Sif is clearly sad at what has happened.

Makes it so much more of a punch in the gut to fight Sif, not even remembering how it starts to limb weakly when at low health.

But on another and perhaps more positive note do you also think that Crossbreed Priscilla is probably the Daughter of Seath the Scaleless? I mean they both lack scales, they both have a white color scheme and Seath is the only dragon we know of which joined Gwyn and the humans in the battle against his kin.

As for the mother there is little to indicate who it might be, but considering the size of Seath (and Priscilla for that matter) there are few possibilities.

Furthermore I wonder why Priscilla is in the painted world. The doll allowing access hints that it was because she was an outcast and thus wished / was drawn away into the painted world. Her own dialogue does not seem to unhappy with the painted world, accepting at the very least.

However the Painting Guardians (and the fact that they do no disappear when Gwendolyn is killed and thus are not illusions) would indicate someone really wants to protect the painting and by extension what is inside. Could it be possible that Seath or whoever Priscilla's mother was created the Painted World to be a home for their child as she could not fit in in the real world? Or possibly it was to protect her from the changes coming over the world around them? Or both?

But I guess that is the beauty of the lore, it gives few clear answers and leaves a lot up to the players interpretation.

In general I hope what remains of the Dragons play a role in Dark Souls II as searching for information on them was some of my favorite lore.

Spoiler:

Edit:

Also what is your greatest experience in PvP? I was Gravelord Covenant and wandering the woods with my invasion style activated. Suddenly I get 3 invasion notices in rapid succession, followed shortly by two more invasions. 3 from my Gravelord signs, 2 from the Forest Hunter covenant.

I was sorcery and actively seeking PvP I had armed myself with the camouflage spell which is fantastic in the forest as it turns you into a bush which is virtually indistinguishable from the surroundings. So I hid and watched as the Forest Hunter covenant players attacked the three other invaders, waiting until only one was left before popping out and finishing him with a Crystal Soul Spear. Felt great Tongue
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Mon May 13, 2013 9:04 pm

Hrothdane wrote:I love Dark Souls! I have a heavy melee fighter build with Ornstein's spear and the Greatshield of Artorias with a +15 Zweihander as my alternate. I have yet to go back and play the expansion content, but I am on my second playthrough. I have it on PS3 myself.

Nice! This post inspired me to try the Dragonslayer Spear, but with 24 str and 24 dex required, I'm going to need to start a new character. Luckily I was motivated and did just that this weekend! Spears have turned out to be quite fun, though the Claymore I tried on a whim has proven difficult to put down.

Raistlin Majere wrote:So you did not save the Young Sif before fighting Older Sif in Prepare to Die Edition? If not, then you should know that it alters the opening cutscene as Sif recognizes you as you approach the tomb, but chooses to fight out of loyalty to Atorias. If you then die a short cutscene plays where Sif is clearly sad at what has happened.
*jaw drops*

Raistlin Majere wrote:Makes it so much more of a punch in the gut to fight Sif, not even remembering how it starts to limb weakly when at low health.
*tears up*

Raistlin Majere wrote:...Could it be possible that Seath or whoever Priscilla's mother was created the Painted World to be a home for their child as she could not fit in in the real world? Or possibly it was to protect her from the changes coming over the world around them? Or both?
I hadn't thought of that before. As a sanctuary, it's a terribly dismal place. It has more the feel of a prison to me, but from the perspective of an interloper, that would make sense. It is interesting that the guardians remain after the illusion is removed from Anor Londo (also, mind exploded when I read about that). I'll pay more attention the next time I'm there.

Raistlin Majere wrote:But I guess that is the beauty of the lore, it gives few clear answers and leaves a lot up to the players interpretation.
Indeed.

Spoiler:
*recoils* Gah!!! I haven't played through to the end yet! LOL ;)
I'll let you know though.

Raistlin Majere wrote:Also what is your greatest experience in PvP?...
Great story. Change into a tree, sit back, and watch the show.

I'll have to get back to you on my own favorite experience.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Mon May 13, 2013 9:28 pm

I recommend watching the extended scene with Sif on youtube or making a playthrough with it. It is tearjerking.

Regarding the illusion on Anor Londo (would not have told you had I known you did not know) there are two ways to reach Gwyndolin who maintains it.

One is to aquire a certain ring from the Catacombs, the other is to attack Gwynewere. If you equib the ring or attack Gwynewere a illusionary wall beneath the rotating staircase, in an area known as darkmoon tomb, at its lowest level will disappear.

Behind is a short path leading beneath Anor Londo castle to a fog gate. Outside the fog gate Gwendolyn will talk to you and ask you to kneel and swear loyalty to him (a covenant) but enter the gate and you can fight him.

Be advised that defeating him puts you very high on the hit list of the blades of Darkmoon covenant (his own covenant) who specialize in players accumulating sin (an invisible stat obtained by attacking non hostile NPC's) and killing Gwendolyn puts you near the top of the hit list.

Also have you beaten the Four Kings boss? Asking because there is a secret in that area as well if you beat them before giving the Lord Vessel to Kingseeker Frampt.

...I have taken way to many playthroughs of that game (and used the internet at times) to discover much of this.

Currently considering doing a Artorias themed playthrough by using his soul to create the Abyss Greatsword, Sif's soul to create his Greatshield and buying the Artorias armor set from a certain merchant who gets it after you beat him.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:33 pm

I finally pulled it together and beat this monster.  I had to start from scratch with a new build utilizing a +15 uchigatana and silver knight armor and shield.  I really really tried to get through it all with my chaos daughter theme using no shield, but the Duke's Archives brought me to my knees.  It's amazing how differently the game plays when you can block 100% of damage in many situations.  Gwyn still presented quite the challenge despite the shield, and my having leveled to 85.   All in all, it was an awesome experience.  Now what to do?  What's that you say? NG+?  MUAHAHAHAHA!
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:06 pm

Nice to hear Blue Logic :)

My first completion of the game was a Pyromancy, +5 Lightning Uchigatana, +5 Silver Knight shield build. The Silver knight shield is just great if you level endurance as you can block just about anything the game throws at you. 

Does not beat the Artorias Greatshield though in that area as I can block through even heavy hit attack like the full beserk combo of Manus. 

Saved Solaire on my pyromancy build as well so could summon him for Gwyn which made the fight a breeze. Though in general if you know how to parry well Gwyn is not hard.

Currently experimenting with builds though, focused on two different builds currently:

1: A Ascended (Everlasting Dragons covenant) strength focused two handed character using a the Great Demon Machete +15 (A scaling on Strength Love). Throw in some light sorcery for Greater Magic Weapon and combined with the attack boosting roar of the Ascended form and I hit for around 1000 damage in a two handed swing. Trade off is that I have no armor, at all, but that also makes for quick rolls.

Makes for some fun PvP during invasions as it basically comes down to me rolling in close, getting of a quick Roar (staggers all the time) and then getting in a hit during the stagger with my now boosted damage. Very much hit or miss PvP situations. 

The other is my Lord's Blade Ciaran Dexterity build. Using Ciaran's armor I dual wield Gold Tracer and Silver Tracer (Gold Tracer has two fast multi hit combos in off hand). I then have a Silver Knight Shield in secondary off hand and Pharis Bow in secondary main hand.

This is mostly a PvP build for me with which I have had some success. I start out at a distance trying to poison the enemy with arrows. Then I move in with Silver Tracer and Shield, judging my opponent and either going for parry or back stab if it is slow opponent. If that does not work I go for heavy main hand attacks to inflict toxic.

Once poison of toxic has been inflicted or I back stab them i switch to Gold Tracer and let loose a flurry of blows, not letting the enemy recover and going for knockout through the Gold Tracers bleed. 

Fun stuff to experiment with builds as there are so many.

Cant wait fro Dark Souls 2 and just bought Demon Souls as i have not played it.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:00 pm

I finally bought the DLC and I started a new character. What do I actually need to do to get to the new content and when should I access it? I plowed through the Taurus and Capra Demons and the Gargoyles, and I'm closing in on the Maw Dragon.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:41 am

Hrothdane:

To access the new content you need to acquire the Lordvessel first. 

After that you must kill the Hydra at the Darkroot Basin and move to the cave on the other side of the lake it is in. There a golden crystal golem should spawn (after exiting and reentering the game). Kill it to release Dusk of Oolacile. Answer that you would like her help and she will move to a summon sign near the shore.

Then go to Seaths Archives where a Cystal Golem has spawned in one of the first rooms. Kill it to get the broken pendant (can only be done after rescuing Dusk).

Take the broken pendant back to the Darkroot Basin cave where you rescued Dusk and a swirling mass of darkness will have appeared. Examine it and you are drawn into the DLC.

In general once you have beaten Ornstein and Smough you should be ready, but be advised that the bosses in the DLC are quite tough and very aggressive, meaning a high stability shield or good dodging along with good endurance is very important.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:30 am

Reading this thread has made me really want to get this game, so I'm going to try and get it! Looks like something I could play over and over
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:13 pm

CoolioThane wrote:Reading this thread has made me really want to get this game, so I'm going to try and get it! Looks like something I could play over and over

That's great Very Happy

I noticed newegg.com has a good deal on the PS3 and XBox versions in case one of those applies to you.  I think they're around $18 with free shipping.  
Have fun with it!
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:25 am

Just beat Artorias. Had a bit of trouble before I found out you had to interrupt his charge-up because it stacked. Once I figured that out and had seen his moves, he really wasn't that bad.

I just tanked him with a +5 Silver Knight Shield and +5 Dragonslayer Spear and the Cloranthy Ring. Soul level 80 something, 40 END, 34 STR, 24 DEX, 19 FTH, and with 30/120 equip load and almost fully-upgraded armor. Had to switch to two-handing the spear to do enough damage to interrupt the charge-up, and even then it was close.

I went off to do some farming afterwards b/c I hear Oolacile Township is a big PvP area, and I was still in human form. Figure I'll go back once I die again lol
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:33 pm

Congrats!  Artorias is a brute.  Oolacile Township gave me enough grief without running into many invaders.  There's a couple of particularly nasty ambush sections, but otherwise a really neat area to explore.  Great stuff ahead for you!
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:47 pm

Just got to Sen's...I'm scared because those lizard things are terrifying. I kinda don't want to play because they freaked me out so much
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:56 pm

It's just giant bipedal cobras.  Man up Wink

Seriously though, Sen's is a rough ride the first time through.  Congrats on getting there so quickly!
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:13 pm

Am I near the end then?! I'm loving the Pyromancy even though I'm a hunter
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:21 pm

CoolioThane wrote:Am I near the end then?! I'm loving the Pyromancy even though I'm a hunter

Not even close lol. You still have Anor Londo and it's bosses S'mores and Oreos, Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith, Catacombs and Tomb of the Giants, New Londo Ruins, Painted World of Ariamis, the Duke's Archives and the Crystal Caves, and the Kiln, not to mention the DLC content if you have it.

As a side note, since you're going with pyromancy, if you get some pyromancy from Quelana in Blighttown, don't tell Laurentius if you want to use him as a vendor still.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:37 pm

CoolioThane wrote:Am I near the end then?! I'm loving the Pyromancy even though I'm a hunter

As Hrothdane pointed out...not quite heheh.  Still, you managed to overcome A LOT.  Did you use the master key to cut out the trip through the depths?  

Fighting the Capra demon was the first brick wall I ran into hard.  It took me many many attempts to overcome him.  Then there were the pointless trips into New Londo Ruins I took trying to figure out where I should be going.  

Suffice to say, you have to get a lot of things right before you can get into Sen's fortress.  So, be proud and soldier on!  So much more to see...

Raistlin Majere wrote:...A Ascended (Everlasting Dragons covenant) strength focused two handed character using a the Great Demon Machete +15 (A scaling on Strength Love). Throw in some light sorcery for Greater Magic Weapon and combined with the attack boosting roar of the Ascended form and I hit for around 1000 damage in a two handed swing. Trade off is that I have no armor, at all, but that also makes for quick rolls.

...The other is my Lord's Blade Ciaran Dexterity build. Using Ciaran's armor I dual wield Gold Tracer and Silver Tracer (Gold Tracer has two fast multi hit combos in off hand). I then have a Silver Knight Shield in secondary off hand and Pharis Bow in secondary main hand.

This is mostly a PvP build for me with which I have had some success. I start out at a distance trying to poison the enemy with arrows. Then I move in with Silver Tracer and Shield, judging my opponent and either going for parry or back stab if it is slow opponent. If that does not work I go for heavy main hand attacks to inflict toxic.

Once poison of toxic has been inflicted or I back stab them i switch to Gold Tracer and let loose a flurry of blows, not letting the enemy recover and going for knockout through the Gold Tracers bleed. 

Fun stuff to experiment with builds as there are so many.

Awesome build ideas! 1000 dmg is amazing, but the toxic is just...just wrong. Wink
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next