Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any of you guys go back to BSN?

+21
Eryri
symbowles
AxStapleton
Dwailing
ElSuperGecko
DoomsdayDevice
Riot86
Charlie Sheen
dorktainian
Gummy
Rifneno
Allynna
lex0r
Hanako Ikezawa
MovieMachine
Norlond
Master Blaster
RavenEyry
WeAreHarbinger
Raistlin Majere
ofrankh
25 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Any of you guys go back to BSN? - Page 6 Empty Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Riot86 Mon May 13, 2013 10:50 pm

Thanks guys for all the answers regarding my CP-question. I'm beginning to understand why he isn't actually everyones favorite person around here. And to be honest, this massive dislike in fact seems justified - even if only half of your accusations would turn out to be valid. He really seems to be an "idiot".

Rifneno wrote:
So true. The whole "evil is cool" thing is far and away the most idiotic trend I've ever seen. *snip*
Wait a minute!
There is actually an "evil is cool"-trend going on? Really? WTF?

Sometimes I think I either live under a rock to miss such things or the little city I live in is one of the last remaining "safe havens" from stupidity. Since I strongly doubt the latter: "living under a rock" it is!

Seriously, I myself enjoy a well written antagonist in works of fiction. Loghain McTir or Benjamin Linus would be good examples from the recent past. And as much as I believe those two were truly fascinating and well-written characters, I would never regard their evil actions as "cool". No, their evil actions were simply despicable and nothing else. That doesn't mean that their motives for doing so were completly wrong (especially in Loghain's case), but that doesn't makes it any better or justifiable. A key part of the narrative of both, DA:O and Lost, was exactly that they were wrong and realized their mistakes in the end. And "being wrong" doesn't translates to "being cool". At least where I come from. So even if one thinks they were interesting and great characters (my favourites, actually), it would never come to my mind to say "Remember the time, Ben killed the whole Dharma-village - that was friggin' awesome" or "Ah, Loghain selling elves into slavery...good times, good times". And mind you, these are just two fictional(!) characters.

How anybody can be of the opinion that people like Elisabeth Báthory could be "cool" is beyond me. So I have to ask again: such a trend is really existing? Wat
Riot86
Riot86
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Any of you guys go back to BSN? - Page 6 Empty Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Norlond Tue May 14, 2013 12:29 pm

Riot86 wrote:So I have to ask again: such a trend is really existing? Wat
Of course there is, especially among today's 10-15 year old kids and idiots like CP Wink
Norlond
Norlond
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Skyzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Tue May 14, 2013 4:27 pm

I don't think any of those people would actually do the evil actions they glorify. It's more of a macho posturing thing.

CP's 'I'm evil' t-shirt always makes me think 'watch out, we've got a badass over here'.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by HYR 2.1 Fri May 17, 2013 6:05 pm

Yup, but I'll be done with it soon though.

I come here every now and then when BSN isn't attending to my needs.
HYR 2.1
HYR 2.1
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Fri May 17, 2013 6:16 pm

RavenEyry wrote:I don't think any of those people would actually do the evil actions they glorify. It's more of a macho posturing thing.

CP's 'I'm evil' t-shirt always makes me think 'watch out, we've got a badass over here'.

That's exactly my point. They're complete retards who don't even understand what they're blathering on about in their bandwagon hopping. You misspelled "fatass" BTW. Trust me, whenever someone sees Priestly's shirt, they think "we've got a fatass over here."
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by FreewheelinDylan Mon May 20, 2013 10:50 am

BSN is sort of the problem with sci-fi and fantasy themed mediums.

You got all these annoying fans (Trekkies/Star Wars geek/etc) who have no understanding or conviction of the shows/films/games they watch or play. They simply hook on, blindly and madly, as a means of supplanting their reality with fantasy. So, if you offer any divergent thoughts or comments, you immediately get shut out because they can't take any criticism.

They're the kind of people who yell at teachers for giving their children bad grades but then, don't pay attention to their children's attendance or encourage them to do their homework in the first place.

It's a hive-mind for stupidity.

If ME were real, they'd be the first to be indoctrinated. Friggin' crazy, those people.
FreewheelinDylan
FreewheelinDylan
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Mon May 20, 2013 11:02 am

FreewheelinDylan wrote:BSN is sort of the problem with sci-fi and fantasy themed mediums.

You got all these annoying fans (Trekkies/Star Wars geek/etc) who have no understanding or conviction of the shows/films/games they watch or play. They simply hook on, blindly and madly, as a means of supplanting their reality with fantasy. So, if you offer any divergent thoughts or comments, you immediately get shut out because they can't take any criticism.

They're the kind of people who yell at teachers for giving their children bad grades but then, don't pay attention to their children's attendance or encourage them to do their homework in the first place.

If ME were real, they'd be the first to be indoctrinated. Friggin' crazy, those people.
True.
And the worst part is BW giving in to those fools. Look at the Citadel DLC!
What was once a somewhat dark trilogy with a few amusing moments became a cheesy, mediocre sitcom. Like some sort of badly written fan fiction.
Seriously, if you have read/seen/heard a lot of ME fan fiction, it was of that caliber. However, that was no problem, since it was FAN FICTION! But with Citadel DLC it is now official canon.
Koobismo summarized it better than me:
http://www.koobismo.com/2013/03/the-pinnacle-of-fanservice-a-citadel-dlc-review/
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by FreewheelinDylan Mon May 20, 2013 11:36 am

Restrider wrote:
FreewheelinDylan wrote:BSN is sort of the problem with sci-fi and fantasy themed mediums.

True.
And the worst part is BW giving in to those fools. Look at the Citadel DLC!
What was once a somewhat dark trilogy with a few amusing moments became a cheesy, mediocre sitcom. Like some sort of badly written fan fiction.
Seriously, if you have read/seen/heard a lot of ME fan fiction, it was of that caliber. However, that was no problem, since it was FAN FICTION! But with Citadel DLC it is now official canon.
Koobismo summarized it better than me:
http://www.koobismo.com/2013/03/the-pinnacle-of-fanservice-a-citadel-dlc-review/

I actually liked the Citadel DLC but I don't disagree with you either. It ignored the bigger issues and simply went on to cater fanboy/girls.

And it really shows you the direction BW is going. I mean, you're telling me they spent 2 months writing this? This was all they could pull out to remedy 'the situation'? It's fun but it's a distraction. It's akin to a guy cheating on his wife and then trying to lull her with a big diamond ring. It's a peace offering but it doesn't address the bigger issue.

And this, to me, is sometimes why I think Refuse is the canon ending. It's a horrible ending, sure. But by making Shepard a tragic hero rather than a redemptive one, it's a dark, consistent, and truthful ending. And so, you can't fix Shepard's Journey with a new DLC or the Extended Cut because Refuse is the end of the series. It's over. We lost. Shepard's story is over, just like the devs said.

Of course, they are going to make a ME4, which means they'll address it in some way. But I don't think they'll be truthful to us anymore. This relationship is kind of damaged and they don't understand how to make up for it.
FreewheelinDylan
FreewheelinDylan
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by clennon8 Sat May 25, 2013 1:59 am

I don't really have anything constructive to add. I just want to take this opportunity to say that Chris Priestly is a pee-soaked douche canoe.
clennon8
clennon8
Thorian Creeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6