Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by RavenEyry on Mon May 06, 2013 8:36 am

ofrankh wrote:

You just ignored everything to the contrary

Pot, meet kettle. Whistling
avatar
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Posts : 1703
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 25
Location : Lincoln, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by dorktainian on Mon May 06, 2013 10:14 pm

ofrankh wrote:
Rifneno wrote:Have you guys ever considered putting an IQ test of some sort on the signup page so that we can tell the trolls from the idiots?

Sit down and study
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_correlation






_________________
avatar
dorktainian
Sovereign

Posts : 3506
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Charlie Sheen on Mon May 06, 2013 10:46 pm

Welcome back Rif guy

_________________


SEVEN SUNS THEORY
avatar
Charlie Sheen
STG

Posts : 507
Join date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Guest on Tue May 07, 2013 2:29 am

10/10 would read again

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Riot86 on Tue May 07, 2013 12:33 pm

Spartacus wrote:
ofrankh wrote:
*snip*

And if you say something like "oh but Bioware didn't tweet IT is false" or something like that, wake up. Any discussion of the IT is BANNED from the BSN. What more action do you need to understand from them?

Actually we don't know if IT is still Banned. CP is gone. Allen is in charge now.
Actually ofrankh is partially right: it IS still forbidden to talk about the Indoctrination Theory on the BSN.

However, the reason is not that BioWare wanted to indirectly say "IT is false" (even if many critics would love to interpret it that way), but in fact merely the way some people were behaving.

I asked a BSN moderator about this issue and he told me, the reason it is not allowed to talk about the IT anymore is simply that both sides, supporters and objectors of the theory, acted like total idiots. Things had gotten completely out of hand, the atmosphere was hostile with insults being thrown around, thus making a fruitful discussion impossible. This lead to a large number of complaints concerning trolls in the IT-thread and IT supporters spamming IT-related stuff in other topics. In short, it was a major distraction for many users.

The mod admitted that banning the IT entirely is indeed kinda unfair, but it was the only way the BSN team could keep the situation under control. And though I disagree with this harsh decission, I somewhat can understand where they are coming from.
avatar
Riot86
Pod Crab

Posts : 42
Join date : 2013-04-02
Age : 31
Location : Witten, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Rifneno on Tue May 07, 2013 12:41 pm

Riot86 wrote:
Spartacus wrote:
ofrankh wrote:
*snip*

And if you say something like "oh but Bioware didn't tweet IT is false" or something like that, wake up. Any discussion of the IT is BANNED from the BSN. What more action do you need to understand from them?

Actually we don't know if IT is still Banned. CP is gone. Allen is in charge now.
Actually ofrankh is partially right: it IS still forbidden to talk about the Indoctrination Theory on the BSN.

However, the reason is not that BioWare wanted to indirectly say "IT is false" (even if many critics would love to interpret it that way), but in fact merely the way some people were behaving.

I asked a BSN moderator about this issue and he told me, the reason it is not allowed to talk about the IT anymore is simply that both sides, supporters and objectors of the theory, acted like total idiots. Things had gotten completely out of hand, the atmosphere was hostile with insults being thrown around, thus making a fruitful discussion impossible. This lead to a large number of complaints concerning trolls in the IT-thread and IT supporters spamming IT-related stuff in other topics. In short, it was a major distraction for many users.

The mod admitted that banning the IT entirely is indeed kinda unfair, but it was the only way the BSN team could keep the situation under control. And though I disagree with this harsh decission, I somewhat can understand where they are coming from.

I like how their bullshit reason has magically changed to an entirely different bullshit reason. Although this one is probably closer to the truth, since it's basically what that fat, worthless cocksucker Chris Priestly did with the Characters and Romance forum. Since he has no interest in exerting energy to do anything except move food toward his gaping maw, doing his job and actually moderating was clearly out of the question, so he likes the nuclear option on forumgoers. If Priestly has a dietitian, that's the only person alive worse at their job than Priestly himself.

_________________
Remember folks.  We didn't get A, B, C endings.  We got A, A, A endings.
avatar
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Posts : 2625
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 36
Location : Razgriz Straits

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Riot86 on Tue May 07, 2013 1:10 pm

Rifneno wrote:
I like how their bullshit reason has magically changed to an entirely different bullshit reason. Although this one is probably closer to the truth, since it's basically what that fat, worthless cocksucker Chris Priestly did with the Characters and Romance forum. Since he has no interest in exerting energy to do anything except move food toward his gaping maw, doing his job and actually moderating was clearly out of the question, so he likes the nuclear option on forumgoers. If Priestly has a dietitian, that's the only person alive worse at their job than Priestly himself.
Your comparision with the Character/Romance forum situation fits...I was also thinking "didn't they do the same with the Romance forums?" Grin

The thing is: on a normal board, when people act like idiots and start to troll, spam or even throw insults at other users, the mods step in and those users usually get banned if they don't stop. And depending on the severity of their misbehaviour not just temporarily but permanent.

The "problem" the BSN has, is that its users are BioWare's paying customers. And for some reason someone at BioWare seems to believe, that you cannot ultimately forbid your paying customers to use the BSN because this might result in them not buying anything from you in the future. So they rather will forbid certain "heated" topics, than ban those users who don't know how to behave when discussing those topics.

This is of course stupid, but actually the way I think the BSN works. And seeing how many users who have openely admitted to open topics just for the sake of spamming and provoking are back in action after only a few weeks, there is actually a lot of evidence for my assumption Wink

But one cannot blame the "normal" mods over there, as they are just following orders and can only act inside the space of action they are granted. I guess the real problem is much more higher up the "chain of command" Uncertain
avatar
Riot86
Pod Crab

Posts : 42
Join date : 2013-04-02
Age : 31
Location : Witten, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Gummy on Tue May 07, 2013 1:52 pm

They sure can and sometimes do, but they are really lax with it. You really have to work for it.
avatar
Gummy
Gas Bag

Posts : 69
Join date : 2013-01-31
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Rifneno on Tue May 07, 2013 1:58 pm

Riot86 wrote:Your comparision with the Character/Romance forum situation fits...I was also thinking "didn't they do the same with the Romance forums?" Grin

The thing is: on a normal board, when people act like idiots and start to troll, spam or even throw insults at other users, the mods step in and those users usually get banned if they don't stop. And depending on the severity of their misbehaviour not just temporarily but permanent.

The "problem" the BSN has, is that its users are BioWare's paying customers. And for some reason someone at BioWare seems to believe, that you cannot ultimately forbid your paying customers to use the BSN because this might result in them not buying anything from you in the future. So they rather will forbid certain "heated" topics, than ban those users who don't know how to behave when discussing those topics.

This is of course stupid, but actually the way I think the BSN works. And seeing how many users who have openely admitted to open topics just for the sake of spamming and provoking are back in action after only a few weeks, there is actually a lot of evidence for my assumption Wink

But one cannot blame the "normal" mods over there, as they are just following orders and can only act inside the space of action they are granted. I guess the real problem is much more higher up the "chain of command" Uncertain

Nope. I've seen tons of suspensions and permabans on BSN. Lots of them even just for IT'ers making threads complaining about IT being banned.

And yes, I can certainly blame the mods over there. They're part of the system. Especially the scumbag volunteers who only do it because they love to flex their puny internet muscles. Rael and Stan especially, those two should be fed to a thresher maw.

_________________
Remember folks.  We didn't get A, B, C endings.  We got A, A, A endings.
avatar
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Posts : 2625
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 36
Location : Razgriz Straits

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by dorktainian on Tue May 07, 2013 3:16 pm

Bioware banned the only thing on BSN that made sense of the ending.

Yeah. Good job Bioware.

Blue baby

_________________
avatar
dorktainian
Sovereign

Posts : 3506
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Tue May 07, 2013 4:17 pm

Not only that, they screwed over the one segment of their fanbase who believe(d) Bioware could be geniuses.

_________________
"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
avatar
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Posts : 2960
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Probing Uranus

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by RavenEyry on Tue May 07, 2013 4:59 pm

If that's the real reason for the ban it makes a lot of sense. It caused nobbishness and trolling from both sides pretty much since the beginning.

Course I've no idea why CP didn't just come out and say that when the ban happened instead of the incredibly dickish stuff he did do.
avatar
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Posts : 1703
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 25
Location : Lincoln, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Rifneno on Tue May 07, 2013 8:35 pm

RavenEyry wrote:If that's the real reason for the ban it makes a lot of sense. It caused nobbishness and trolling from both sides pretty much since the beginning.

Course I've no idea why CP didn't just come out and say that when the ban happened instead of the incredibly dickish stuff he did do.

It only "makes sense" in so far as a Jabba being desperate to avoid doing his job makes sense. The solution to trolling is to ban trolls, not to let trolls carry on for 10 months and then piss and moan that there's too many complaints and start censoring shit like China.

_________________
Remember folks.  We didn't get A, B, C endings.  We got A, A, A endings.
avatar
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Posts : 2625
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 36
Location : Razgriz Straits

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by RavenEyry on Tue May 07, 2013 8:39 pm

I meant it made a lot more sense than his bullshit excuse when locking the thread.

Banning people like Hanar would have made even more sense.
avatar
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Posts : 1703
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 25
Location : Lincoln, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by ElSuperGecko on Tue May 07, 2013 10:01 pm

ofrankh wrote:
It was debunked with the extended cut, Bioware's clear message to the players that this was the ending they intended, and that they thank all the fans for a wonderful trilogy (even though the ending ruined the trilogy imo).....

I'm seeing this exact same fail of an argument being put forward on Gamefaqs right now, and it's not cuttin g any ice there, either.

Why does the argument fail so hard?

Because Bioware never intended the Extended Cut, that's why.

They threw it together as an act of desperation when it became apparent that far too many members of the Mass Effect fanbase were simply too dense to spot the direction the story was headed.

Too many people couldn't spot the clues, pick up on the hints or were simply unwilling to pay attentiomn to the story. Too many players wanted the ending handed to them on a plate.

So Bioware threw together a bit of fan-service "clarity and closure" to quell the foot stamping from the attention deficit players while the real fans put the pieces of the puzzle together.

_________________
avatar
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Posts : 800
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Lying unconcious in a pile of rebar and rubble...

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by RavenEyry on Tue May 07, 2013 10:12 pm

EC also adds ITish stuff, without taking any away. I don't see how a longer ending cutscene debunks IT.
avatar
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Posts : 1703
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 25
Location : Lincoln, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Dwailing on Tue May 07, 2013 10:13 pm

ElSuperGecko wrote:
ofrankh wrote:
It was debunked with the extended cut, Bioware's clear message to the players that this was the ending they intended, and that they thank all the fans for a wonderful trilogy (even though the ending ruined the trilogy imo).....

I'm seeing this exact same fail of an argument being put forward on Gamefaqs right now, and it's not cuttin g any ice there, either.

Why does the argument fail so hard?

Because Bioware never intended the Extended Cut, that's why.

They threw it together as an act of desperation when it became apparent that far too many members of the Mass Effect fanbase were simply too dense to spot the direction the story was headed.

Too many people couldn't spot the clues, pick up on the hints or were simply unwilling to pay attentiomn to the story. Too many players wanted the ending handed to them on a plate.

So Bioware threw together a bit of fan-service "clarity and closure" to quell the foot stamping from the attention deficit players while the real fans put the pieces of the puzzle together.

You know, here's something to think about. Do you (meaning the OP) REALLY think that if they did not want us to believe in IT they would release an ENTIRE DLC just to do that? No, they wouldn't waste their time with that, they would just say on Twitter, "Sorry, we didn't intend IT." They released the EC for one reason, to calm the rabid masses of fans who refused to look below the surface. Besides, if they wanted to deny IT with DLC, they would have done something MUCH less ambiguous. The simple fact that there are still so many people who believe IT tells me that we have either reached truly EPIC levels of denial or that they intentionally left the ending ambiguous so that IT would still be viewed as a viable possibility for the ending.

_________________



Best emoticon ever.  Of all time: Dwail\'s Garrus 

Decision Chamber Hallucination Theory
RWBY/KS Crossover
avatar
Dwailing
Praetorian

Posts : 1714
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 21
Location : Awaiting ME4 news in Louisville, KY

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by ElSuperGecko on Tue May 07, 2013 10:15 pm


_________________
avatar
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Posts : 800
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Lying unconcious in a pile of rebar and rubble...

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Dwailing on Tue May 07, 2013 10:16 pm


Hey, Epyon's vid!

_________________



Best emoticon ever.  Of all time: Dwail\'s Garrus 

Decision Chamber Hallucination Theory
RWBY/KS Crossover
avatar
Dwailing
Praetorian

Posts : 1714
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 21
Location : Awaiting ME4 news in Louisville, KY

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by RavenEyry on Tue May 07, 2013 10:30 pm

'Red lock is an obvious glitch'.

So obvious it never appears elsewhere at all whatsoever.

Not saying it's definitely not a glitch but dismissing things out of hand is hardly a good way to prove your point.
avatar
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Posts : 1703
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 25
Location : Lincoln, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Allynna on Wed May 08, 2013 12:19 am

Dwaling wrote:The simple fact that there are still so many people who believe IT tells me that we have either reached truly EPIC levels of denial or...

Rofl

One of my greatest fears, lol. But i have to consider it irrational since there are so many things telling us IT is true. Anyone who cant see the clues is .. indoctrinated? Wink

_________________
"If you dont fit in, then you are probably doing the right thing."
avatar
Allynna
Husk

Posts : 159
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 32
Location : Normandy

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by ofrankh on Wed May 08, 2013 5:15 am

Allynna wrote:
Dwaling wrote:The simple fact that there are still so many people who believe IT tells me that we have either reached truly EPIC levels of denial or...

Rofl

One of my greatest fears, lol. But i have to consider it irrational since there are so many things telling us IT is true. Anyone who cant see the clues is .. indoctrinated? Wink

Nah yo. If you're looking for things that aren't there, its on you, especially when you refuse to listen to anything to the contrary. Bioware made it clear multiple times that the ending they wanted the ending they wanted was what we saw in the extended cut. Even though they didn't plan to make the extended cut, it's still BS that we got an incomplete ending, and they know it.

You guys aren't actually expecting the next mass effect game to "show IT" somehow, are you?
avatar
ofrankh
Pyjak

Posts : 13
Join date : 2013-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Rifneno on Wed May 08, 2013 5:18 am

ofrankh wrote:
Allynna wrote:
Dwaling wrote:The simple fact that there are still so many people who believe IT tells me that we have either reached truly EPIC levels of denial or...

Rofl

One of my greatest fears, lol. But i have to consider it irrational since there are so many things telling us IT is true. Anyone who cant see the clues is .. indoctrinated? Wink

Nah yo. If you're looking for things that aren't there, its on you, especially when you refuse to listen to anything to the contrary. Bioware made it clear multiple times that the ending they wanted the ending they wanted was what we saw in the extended cut. Even though they didn't plan to make the extended cut, it's still BS that we got an incomplete ending, and they know it.

You guys aren't actually expecting the next mass effect game to "show IT" somehow, are you?

Were your parents brother and sister?

_________________
Remember folks.  We didn't get A, B, C endings.  We got A, A, A endings.
avatar
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Posts : 2625
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 36
Location : Razgriz Straits

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by ofrankh on Wed May 08, 2013 5:23 am

Rifneno wrote:
ofrankh wrote:
Allynna wrote:
Dwaling wrote:The simple fact that there are still so many people who believe IT tells me that we have either reached truly EPIC levels of denial or...

Rofl

One of my greatest fears, lol. But i have to consider it irrational since there are so many things telling us IT is true. Anyone who cant see the clues is .. indoctrinated? Wink

Nah yo. If you're looking for things that aren't there, its on you, especially when you refuse to listen to anything to the contrary. Bioware made it clear multiple times that the ending they wanted the ending they wanted was what we saw in the extended cut. Even though they didn't plan to make the extended cut, it's still BS that we got an incomplete ending, and they know it.

You guys aren't actually expecting the next mass effect game to "show IT" somehow, are you?

Were your parents brother and sister?

Looks like I've dried you out of excuses
avatar
ofrankh
Pyjak

Posts : 13
Join date : 2013-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Rifneno on Wed May 08, 2013 5:28 am

ofrankh wrote:Looks like I've dried you out of excuses

Hey, you clearly came here to troll, so I'm just giving you what you want.

_________________
Remember folks.  We didn't get A, B, C endings.  We got A, A, A endings.
avatar
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Posts : 2625
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 36
Location : Razgriz Straits

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum