Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Master Blaster on Wed May 08, 2013 5:39 am

Hey badger did you here that Doomsday plans on banning this troll? Also this is how Rif acts to assholes like you. We gave you an answer a long time ago, and it's NO. N O! NO!

Also most of us here don't expect for an IT reveal. We are just having fun now, so please go back to the BSN and tell HH Heratic Hanar to fuck off.

_________________
Optimus Prime: Sometimes the paths we wish we desire sometimes have to be fought by words, other than guns. However with the recent events of the Reapers arrival the time for words is over. In order to protect the humans we must stop the Reapers no matter the cost are.

Autobots transform and role out!

http://forum.bioware.com/groups/637-was-the-ending-a-hallucination-it/
avatar
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Posts : 1639
Join date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by ofrankh on Wed May 08, 2013 5:52 am

Spartacus wrote:Hey badger did you here that Doomsday plans on banning this troll? Also this is how Rif acts to assholes like you. We gave you an answer a long time ago, and it's NO. N O! NO!

Also most of us here don't expect for an IT reveal. We are just having fun now, so please go back to the BSN and tell HH Heratic Hanar to fuck off.

Who?

avatar
ofrankh
Pyjak

Posts : 13
Join date : 2013-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by ofrankh on Wed May 08, 2013 5:53 am

Rifneno wrote:
ofrankh wrote:Looks like I've dried you out of excuses

Hey, you clearly came here to troll, so I'm just giving you what you want.

Your definition of troll is anything that is contrary to what you believe?
avatar
ofrankh
Pyjak

Posts : 13
Join date : 2013-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Rifneno on Wed May 08, 2013 6:00 am

ofrankh wrote:
Rifneno wrote:
ofrankh wrote:Looks like I've dried you out of excuses

Hey, you clearly came here to troll, so I'm just giving you what you want.

Your definition of troll is anything that is contrary to what you believe?

My definition of troll is some birth defect that shows on a board that's made for a particular viewpoint or belief and then rants about how it's wrong and stupid. I think scientologists are the unnatural result of some sort of bestiality, but I don't go on www.worshipglornak.com and tell them that. That would be trolling.

_________________
Remember folks.  We didn't get A, B, C endings.  We got A, A, A endings.
avatar
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 36
Location : Razgriz Straits

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Allynna on Wed May 08, 2013 8:23 am

ofrankh wrote:
Allynna wrote:
Dwaling wrote:The simple fact that there are still so many people who believe IT tells me that we have either reached truly EPIC levels of denial or...

Rofl

One of my greatest fears, lol. But i have to consider it irrational since there are so many things telling us IT is true. Anyone who cant see the clues is .. indoctrinated? Wink

Nah yo. If you're looking for things that aren't there, its on you, especially when you refuse to listen to anything to the contrary. Bioware made it clear multiple times that the ending they wanted the ending they wanted was what we saw in the extended cut. Even though they didn't plan to make the extended cut, it's still BS that we got an incomplete ending, and they know it.

You guys aren't actually expecting the next mass effect game to "show IT" somehow, are you?

And you are not looking for the things that are there. I am trying really hard to understand how people's mind who cant see or comprehend the theory works... i cant.

Why is it so important to you to show us how wrong we are?

_________________
"If you dont fit in, then you are probably doing the right thing."
avatar
Allynna
Husk

Posts : 159
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 32
Location : Normandy

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Raistlin Majere on Wed May 08, 2013 8:36 am

Allynna wrote:
ofrankh wrote:
Allynna wrote:
Dwaling wrote:The simple fact that there are still so many people who believe IT tells me that we have either reached truly EPIC levels of denial or...

Rofl

One of my greatest fears, lol. But i have to consider it irrational since there are so many things telling us IT is true. Anyone who cant see the clues is .. indoctrinated? Wink

Nah yo. If you're looking for things that aren't there, its on you, especially when you refuse to listen to anything to the contrary. Bioware made it clear multiple times that the ending they wanted the ending they wanted was what we saw in the extended cut. Even though they didn't plan to make the extended cut, it's still BS that we got an incomplete ending, and they know it.

You guys aren't actually expecting the next mass effect game to "show IT" somehow, are you?

And you are not looking for the things that are there. I am trying really hard to understand how people's mind who cant see or comprehend the theory works... i cant.

Why is it so important to you to show us how wrong we are?

Good question, what do you get in convincing us we are wrong?

From what I have seen you don't like the ending, so why do you insist on bashing people who believe there may be more to it than what was shown? Even if you are right in such a case it would be one hell of pyrrhic victory.

_________________
Heroes get Remembered, but Legends never Die.
avatar
Raistlin Majere
N7

Posts : 1089
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 25
Location : Denmark

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by AxStapleton on Wed May 08, 2013 9:31 am

RavenEyry wrote:If that's the real reason for the ban it makes a lot of sense. It caused nobbishness and trolling from both sides pretty much since the beginning.

Course I've no idea why CP didn't just come out and say that when the ban happened instead of the incredibly dickish stuff he did do.

And yet ending discussions are still allowed? That's been volatile 100% of the time from Day 1.

_________________
Tali Heart

avatar
AxStapleton
Varren

Posts : 413
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 25
Location : Hertfordshire, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by ElSuperGecko on Wed May 08, 2013 10:27 am

Raistlin Majere wrote:Good question, what do you get in convincing us we are wrong?

He's not actually trying to convince us we're wrong; he's trying to convince himself that he's right.

Unfortunately, he's not doing a very good job of it.

_________________
avatar
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Posts : 800
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Lying unconcious in a pile of rebar and rubble...

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Master Blaster on Wed May 08, 2013 1:39 pm

ElSuperGecko wrote:
Raistlin Majere wrote:Good question, what do you get in convincing us we are wrong?

He's not actually trying to convince us we're wrong; he's trying to convince himself that he's right.

Unfortunately, he's not doing a very good job of it.

Both I say, Also @ Ofl why don't you go back to the BSN? Thats what you want us to do, but we already said hell no. This is pointless. Go about your way, and just stay in the BSN. You can find many friends there. Grimlock says gtfo.

_________________
Optimus Prime: Sometimes the paths we wish we desire sometimes have to be fought by words, other than guns. However with the recent events of the Reapers arrival the time for words is over. In order to protect the humans we must stop the Reapers no matter the cost are.

Autobots transform and role out!

http://forum.bioware.com/groups/637-was-the-ending-a-hallucination-it/
avatar
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Posts : 1639
Join date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by WeAreHarbinger on Wed May 08, 2013 1:45 pm

Using the argument "Leviathan debunked the IT" isn't going to make me believe anyone is right. It's just going to make me believe you either didn't play it or didn't pay attention.

Leviathan - "Your memories give voice to our words" Starbrat
They use mind f**k's just to talk to you. Yeah totally seems legit!

_________________
Renegade is Red Paragon is Blue Assuming control This hurts you Harbinger
avatar
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Posts : 770
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 29
Location : Uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Wed May 08, 2013 1:48 pm

Yeah, Leviathan is the one thing that establishes the ending can be a total illusion.

_________________
"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
avatar
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Posts : 2960
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Probing Uranus

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by ElSuperGecko on Wed May 08, 2013 2:11 pm

At no point has any Bioware source, material or project officially or unofficially "debunked" the Indoctrination Theory. And why would they? It would be completely counter-productive to what they were trying to achieve.

Anyone who says otherwise is either a troll or just plain ignorant.

_________________
avatar
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Posts : 800
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Lying unconcious in a pile of rebar and rubble...

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by RavenEyry on Wed May 08, 2013 4:34 pm

AxStapleton wrote:
RavenEyry wrote:If that's the real reason for the ban it makes a lot of sense. It caused nobbishness and trolling from both sides pretty much since the beginning.

Course I've no idea why CP didn't just come out and say that when the ban happened instead of the incredibly dickish stuff he did do.

And yet ending discussions are still allowed? That's been volatile 100% of the time from Day 1.
I rephrased that a couple of posts later, it came out wrong at first.
avatar
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Posts : 1702
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 24
Location : Lincoln, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Riot86 on Wed May 08, 2013 7:15 pm

Rifneno wrote:
Nope. I've seen tons of suspensions and permabans on BSN. Lots of them even just for IT'ers making threads complaining about IT being banned.

And yes, I can certainly blame the mods over there. They're part of the system. Especially the scumbag volunteers who only do it because they love to flex their puny internet muscles. Rael and Stan especially, those two should be fed to a thresher maw.
Well, the impression I got was more alike to what Gummy was saying - permanent bans are possible, but you've got to work really hard for it. However I'm not online 24/7 and don't visit the BSN that much anymore, so of course it is possible that I'm wrong here Joyful

And concerning the mods: the only one I really experienced as bad, incompetent and "abusing his power" so far was Stan...so I personally cannot and will not judge them all just based on the bad impact Stan had on me. Don't forget, there are about 30 people with mod-authority in the Mass Effect 3 section of the BSN alone, so I doubt every single one of them is a bad person, even if one might have had bad experiences with a few of them.

RavenEyry wrote:If that's the real reason for the ban it makes a lot of sense. It caused nobbishness and trolling from both sides pretty much since the beginning.

Course I've no idea why CP didn't just come out and say that when the ban happened instead of the incredibly dickish stuff he did do.
I can't tell if this is the real reason for the ban...it is just what a moderator told me, after I asked him politely via a lengthy PM why all those IT-threads get locked down without even giving a proper reason other than "IT related stuff should be discussed in the IT groups".

But I don't see why he should lie about it - it would be much easier to either don't answer at all (like Merizan did after I asked her the same question) or just roll with Priestly's official reason given in the original IT-thread.

As to why CP didn't say so earlier - well, maybe 'cause openly stating that the BSN team couldn't keep the situation under control without banning the topic completely would be a bit like admitting that he wasn't that good at his job as community manager as he'd like to be...but that is just specualtion on my part Wink

Rifneno wrote:The solution to trolling is to ban trolls, not to let trolls carry on for 10 months and then piss and moan that there's too many complaints and start censoring shit like China.
RavenEyry wrote:
Banning people like Hanar would have made even more sense.
Agreed - that is how a forum should work and how to manage a community.

The german board I use mostly has a very nice atmosphere and a great community allowing really good discussions...to a large part thanks to the mods punishing misbehaviour in a very strict way.

Spartacus wrote:Also Riot:
*snip*

I am sorry, but that is utter BS. Really thats their reason. You know fuck them then. Since they choose trolls, Reaper lovers, people who believed Bioware created a shity ending over us ITers, who thought they out done themselves. Shuting down the IT was the best thing to do, bull shit. Shuting down synthesis and control would have been okay, well how about shuting down all of the whole BSN. Everyone on the BSN is nasty than eachother, and none of this would have happened, if they pulled head from ass and taken direct control of the situation at hand, and kept on saying " Lot's of speculation for everyone."
Even though you posted this in the Mark IV thread I'm going to answer this in this topic, to avoid cunfussion as my post you are refering to was posted here ^^

What are you apoligizing for? It was not my reason, it was (allegedly) BioWare's reason for banning the IT...and I admitted that I disagree with the decision. So I guess we're on the same team here Joyful

The only thing I said, was that I can somewhat see where they are coming from with their reasoning...which doesn't mean I like their reason as I (as posted above) believe there are much better ways to manage a community.




_________________________________________

On a bit of an unrelated note...

Rifneno, on the one hand you're accusing the BSN mods to "flex their puny internet muscles" but on the other hand you are using the anonymity granted by the internet to insult other people...which does make you look much worse, to be honest:

Rifneno wrote:
...since it's basically what that fat, worthless cocksucker Chris Priestly...
Rifneno wrote:
It only "makes sense" in so far as a Jabba being desperate...
Rifneno wrote:
Were your parents brother and sister?
Rifneno wrote:
My definition of troll is some birth defect...
That's weak, man Sad

(...same goes for masster blaster calling ofrankh an "asshole")

avatar
Riot86
Pod Crab

Posts : 42
Join date : 2013-04-02
Age : 31
Location : Witten, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by RavenEyry on Wed May 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Riot86 wrote:

Rifneno, on the one hand you're accusing the BSN mods to "flex their puny internet muscles" but on the other hand you are using the anonymity granted by the internet to insult other people...which does make you look much worse, to be honest:

You've clearly not met Rif before. Complaining about his attitude will just make him turn it on you.
avatar
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Posts : 1702
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 24
Location : Lincoln, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Riot86 on Wed May 08, 2013 8:01 pm

RavenEyry wrote:
You've clearly not met Rif before. Complaining about his attitude will just make him turn it on you.
Just because someone might get angry with you, does not mean that you shouldn't point out his misbehaviour.
avatar
Riot86
Pod Crab

Posts : 42
Join date : 2013-04-02
Age : 31
Location : Witten, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by RavenEyry on Wed May 08, 2013 8:14 pm

Riot86 wrote:
RavenEyry wrote:
You've clearly not met Rif before. Complaining about his attitude will just make him turn it on you.
Just because someone might get angry with you, does not mean that you shouldn't point out his misbehaviour.
And what makes you think your lecture will change his ways after the last five people failed?
avatar
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Posts : 1702
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 24
Location : Lincoln, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Riot86 on Wed May 08, 2013 8:47 pm

RavenEyry wrote:
And what makes you think your lecture will change his ways after the last five people failed?
Nothing. I don't know Rifneno well enough, so I cannot predict his reaction.

But I believe people getting insulted is something that should be addressed nonetheless.
avatar
Riot86
Pod Crab

Posts : 42
Join date : 2013-04-02
Age : 31
Location : Witten, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed May 08, 2013 9:05 pm

Riot86 wrote:
RavenEyry wrote:
And what makes you think your lecture will change his ways after the last five people failed?
Nothing. I don't know Rifneno well enough, so I cannot predict his reaction.

But I believe people getting insulted is something that should be addressed nonetheless.
I agree completely.
avatar
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by symbowles on Wed May 08, 2013 9:33 pm


_________________
"I don't have time to justify myself to your viewers. I have a galaxy to save. Excuse me."
avatar
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Posts : 308
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 28
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Rifneno on Thu May 09, 2013 11:04 am

Riot86 wrote:

*snip*



RavenEyry wrote:You've clearly not met Rif before. Complaining about his attitude will just make him turn it on you.

Not even worth it. Guy even cried about MB calling the world's most obvious troll an asshole, on a board with no actual rules. It's like this is his first day on the Internet.

_________________
Remember folks.  We didn't get A, B, C endings.  We got A, A, A endings.
avatar
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 36
Location : Razgriz Straits

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Riot86 on Thu May 09, 2013 3:23 pm

Rifneno wrote:
Not even worth it. Guy even cried about MB calling the world's most obvious troll an asshole, on a board with no actual rules. It's like this is his first day on the Internet.
I was brought up to treat others with respect even if I strongly disagree with their opinion or don't like them on a personel level. I don't need "actual rules" to tell me to do so, as these are basic social- and communication skills which should be the results of education and/or good parenting.

And don't confuse "criticizing" with "crying". If someone wishes to participate in an open debate he should be able to take critism - turning every form of critique into ridicule by saying it is "crying" without using actual arguments to refute another's objection shows a lack of that skill.

Moreover I fail to see what difference it makes that this disccusion takes place on the internet. Good manners are not restricted to conversations that take place in person.
avatar
Riot86
Pod Crab

Posts : 42
Join date : 2013-04-02
Age : 31
Location : Witten, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by symbowles on Thu May 09, 2013 4:56 pm

Riot86 wrote:

Why do you care?

Rif has a pretty simple rule: Act like an idiot, and he will treat you like an idiot.

CP deserves insults, he's a dick.

And the troll was coming here to do just that, troll. If someone wants to come here and have a civil debate and argue the points of IT, Rif, along with the rest of us, will be more than thrilled to share evidence and have a debate. The troll, however, came here simply to cause trouble "EC debunked IT, why are you here" was his basic premise. We can be where ever we want to be, but we choose to be here to get away from the crap on the bsn. Let us believe what we want, it's not hurting anyone.

And if you really have a problem with Rif's style, ignore him. It's really that simple.

_________________
"I don't have time to justify myself to your viewers. I have a galaxy to save. Excuse me."
avatar
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Posts : 308
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 28
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Riot86 on Thu May 09, 2013 7:48 pm

symbowles wrote:
Why do you care?
I was simply bringing it up, because there was a little discussion in this thread about how the atmosphere on the BSN had become toxic due to nobody caring (especially the mods). So I don't see any harm in pointing out if an user has said something that I considered to be a bit "out of line". Especially in the context of said discussion. That's how a good community should work, openly addressing the issues someone has. You don't always need mods for that. Mods are there to mediate or penalize if things get out of hand.

symbowles wrote:
Rif has a pretty simple rule: Act like an idiot, and he will treat you like an idiot.
In my eyes, lowering oneself to the same level as the "idiot" you're trying to argue against, does not make you any better.

It is maybe even worse, as a dumb person doesn't know any better. However a smart person acting "stupid" does this willingly.

symbowles wrote:
CP deserves insults, he's a dick.
I don't like CP either Joyful

And I have absolutely no problem if someone expresses his dislike for him. And of course it is unnessesary to sugar-coat everything, I myself am no saint and often voice my opinion in a very direct and sometimes harsh way. But I still try to watch my tone and try to be as respectful as possible nonetheless (which is admittedly often really hard when dealing with "trolls" and the like).

Wouldn't you agree that there is a huge difference between simply calling someone an "idiot" or calling him a "worthless cocksucker"?

symbowles wrote:
And the troll was coming here to do just that, troll. If someone wants to come here and have a civil debate and argue the points of IT, Rif, along with the rest of us, will be more than thrilled to share evidence and have a debate. The troll, however, came here simply to cause trouble "EC debunked IT, why are you here" was his basic premise. We can be where ever we want to be, but we choose to be here to get away from the crap on the bsn. Let us believe what we want, it's not hurting anyone.
I'd prefer using wits and solid arguments to counter a troll. Because getting angry at him is exactly what he wants. And if this (maybe even understandable) anger culminates in asking whether his parents were brother and sister, I believe it has gone a step too far.

symbowles wrote:
And if you really have a problem with Rif's style, ignore him. It's really that simple.
The thing is...

I really don't have a problem with Rifneno's style in general. I've lurked here for quite a while and I actually enjoyed many of his postings. So I don't want to ignore him, as I don't dislike him. And how could I? I don't know him well enough for that.

It only bothered me that he was throwing around extremely rude insults. And if an issue bothers me, I generally address it. That's all.
avatar
Riot86
Pod Crab

Posts : 42
Join date : 2013-04-02
Age : 31
Location : Witten, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by RavenEyry on Thu May 09, 2013 7:59 pm

Riot86 wrote:
Wouldn't you agree that there is a huge difference between simply calling someone an "idiot" or calling him a "worthless cocksucker"?
There is. Chris Priestly however is a worthless cocksucker, so I don't see the problem.
avatar
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Posts : 1702
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 24
Location : Lincoln, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Any of you guys go back to BSN?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum