The Xbox One

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Xbox One

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Wed May 22, 2013 12:03 am

The Xbox One will not be backwards compatible.

God fucking damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*^*&#%@&^%^@!&#RT*QRT** @

Last edited by DoomsdayDevice on Thu May 23, 2013 10:49 am; edited 3 times in total
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Re: The Xbox One

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed May 22, 2013 12:22 am

Just hang onto your Xbox 360 to play your Xbox 360 games then. Simple solution for simple problem.

Last edited by Selim Bradley on Wed May 22, 2013 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing on Wed May 22, 2013 12:26 am

Put quite bluntly, this doesn't bother me at all. Since when were consoles ever really backwards compatible? I mean, the PS3 dropped that fairly quickly and people got over it, and the Xbox 360 was never fully backwards compatible. I don't see this as a huge issue. Also, I doubt they'll drop the Xbox 360 entirely. Look at what they've done with Xbox Classics on Xbox Live. They already have their Games on Demand system, they'll probably adapt that for the Xbox One. Yes, you won't be able to use your last gen discs on the Xbox One, but that doesn't mean there won't still be Xbox 360 games on it. Also, there's another simple solution if it's such a big deal: wait. Don't sell your Xbox 360 and save your money the old fashioned way until you can buy it. It might take longer, but you know the old line about good things and people who wait...

Best emoticon ever.  Of all time: Dwail\'s Garrus 

Decision Chamber Hallucination Theory
RWBY/KS Crossover
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Wed May 22, 2013 12:44 am

awwwww :(, I was planning to sell my 360 to buy games
dammit
Evil or Very Mad

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead on Wed May 22, 2013 3:06 am

Do not also forget u gotta pay to use ur gm on anotha system because of mandatory instillation. U Cant buy a new hard drive a kinect is a necessity u also are gna have to pay for ur internet through memberships again and they are nowhere near as good as ps plus this system is gna suck hahahah. O btw they say drm isnt required but honestly it kinda is and they are really shady with answers when it comes to this. Thats why i always stick to pc gaming and playstation. The ps4 isnt gna be backwards compatible either but at least sony is offering gakai a streaming service which makes every sony title available ever gakai>>>>>>>>>>>>>>xbox shitty tv service

Btw im sure alot of you are gna hate this video but this is how i feel about xbox http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVT0b3nPyB8
ericformans_sisterisdead
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Wed May 22, 2013 7:34 am

Of course it wont. Can't have those dirty completely legal used market pirates cutting into the profit margin.
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Norlond on Wed May 22, 2013 2:00 pm

http://www.youtube.com/user/Skyzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Wed May 22, 2013 4:30 pm

Selim Bradley wrote:Just hang onto your Xbox 360 to play your Xbox 360 games then. Simple solution for simple problem.

The problem is:

1. My 360 will die at some point. This is pretty much guaranteed because it's a shoddy design.
2. 360 support will stop at some point

I'd like to be able to play my old games.

The only thing I wanted for the new Xbox is to have backwards compatibility.

I mean, the 360 is what, 8 years old? How hard is it to include a 360 emulator in the thing? Especially because 360 emulators already exist for PC.

Last edited by DoomsdayDevice on Thu May 23, 2013 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Wed May 22, 2013 4:35 pm

Makes sense.

...and I just googled xbox 360 emulators for PC:
It seems like there really is no proper emulator that is confirmed to work. There seem to be two positions on the internet:
1) This emulator works!
2) There exists no emulator that works properly!

Now, the second one I can find on most official and serious websites or forums. The former one I can only find on shady sites. And considering how even forums or question boards say there exists no emulator, I'm inclined to believe 2).

Back to top Go down

Post by OneWithTheAssassins on Thu May 23, 2013 5:30 am

Soooooo... Any thoughts on Microsoft's new XBOX ONE?
OneWithTheAssassins
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Thu May 23, 2013 7:05 am

Dwaling wrote:Since when were consoles ever really backwards compatible?

The Nintendo Wii was completely backwards compatible with the GameCube.

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Thu May 23, 2013 7:32 am

OneWithTheAssassins wrote:Soooooo... Any thoughts on Microsoft's new XBOX ONE?

I've been reading the reactions on gamespot. It's not going down well at all. This "unspecified fee" for activating used games looks like a disastrous move.

And as for its looks... Making a big, boxy case was a probably a practical and sensible decision to allow proper cooling of the components, but is anyone here old enough to remember Betamax VCRs?
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage on Thu May 23, 2013 7:36 am

Eryri wrote:
I've been reading the reactions on gamespot. It's not going down well at all. This "unspecified fee" for activating used games looks like a disastrous move.

And as for its looks... Making a big, boxy case was a probably a practical and sensible decision to allow proper cooling of the components, but is anyone here old enough to remember Betamax VCRs?
Yeah, regardless of personal opinion of the used game thing (I do think it's dumb) a lot of people see it that way. Doesn't look good for MS. And it does look like a VCR! And I'm only 17! Laughing

Last edited by BansheeOwnage on Thu May 23, 2013 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total

banSHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Norlond
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by OneWithTheAssassins on Thu May 23, 2013 7:45 am

BansheeOwnage wrote:
Eryri wrote:

Yeah, regardless of personal opinion of the used game thing (I do think it's a dumb) a lot of people see it that way. Doesn't look good for MS. And it does look like a VCR! And I'm only 17! Laughing
Have you seen Microsoft's stocks? After the show, Sony's stock skyrocketed while MS stayed the same! They can ignore the uproar gamers are throwing at MS right now, but they can't ignore that! That HAD to hurt!
Also Xbox One is a retarded name. Infinite was much better.
OneWithTheAssassins
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Thu May 23, 2013 7:53 am

BansheeOwnage wrote:
Eryri wrote:

Yeah, regardless of personal opinion of the used game thing (I do think it's a dumb) a lot of people see it that way. Doesn't look good for MS. And it does look like a VCR! And I'm only 17! Laughing

What's dumb is they tried to make excuses instead of admitting it was a money thing. They decided to make it so you could play games without the discs, but then people might trade the discs around and we can't have that. Us personally getting more money instead of the games stores that need it to keep afloat is an unintended side effect I assure you Whistling
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Thu May 23, 2013 8:00 am

OneWithTheAssassins wrote:
BansheeOwnage wrote:
Eryri wrote:

Have you seen Microsoft's stocks? After the show, Sony's stock skyrocketed while MS stayed the same! They can ignore the uproar gamers are throwing at MS right now, but they can't ignore that! That HAD to hurt!

I only hope Sony doesn't have a similar plan for quashing used or borrowed games. Then we would be screwed.

I agree XBox: Infinite would be a better name, although it does mean that they will have run out of numbers when they come to name the generation after that.
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Thu May 23, 2013 8:03 am

Eryri wrote:
OneWithTheAssassins wrote:
BansheeOwnage wrote:
Eryri wrote:

I only hope Sony doesn't have a similar plan for quashing used or borrowed games. Then we would be screwed.

I agree XBox: Infinite would be a better name, although it does mean that they will have run out of numbers when they come to name the generation after that.

If they go with some of the lolocaust ideas I've heard rumored about DRM, I doubt there'll be another generation of Xbox after this to bother naming.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane on Thu May 23, 2013 8:15 am

Microsoft is really squandering any advantage they may have had going into this console generation.

What I'm listening to: http://www.last.fm/user/Hrothdane/library
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by OneWithTheAssassins on Thu May 23, 2013 8:25 am

Is there any chance of Microsoft doing a 180 on these stupid decisions, and come back to the world of reality where the rest of us live in?
OneWithTheAssassins
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane on Thu May 23, 2013 9:33 am

OneWithTheAssassins wrote:Is there any chance of Microsoft doing a 180 on these stupid decisions, and come back to the world of reality where the rest of us live in?

I don't know, but it would only be damage control. They have already lost a lot of goodwill with fans, and that is not won back as easily.

Unless of course they add some fanart to the end of the Xbox One trailer and randomly stick in a few hours of fanservice somewhere in the middle.

What I'm listening to: http://www.last.fm/user/Hrothdane/library
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

The new Xbox One

Post by ElSuperGecko on Thu May 23, 2013 10:08 am

OneWithTheAssassins wrote:Soooooo... Any thoughts on Microsoft's new XBOX ONE?

The Kinect sensor reminds me of HAL from 2001. There's a meme in there surely. There HAS to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Thu May 23, 2013 10:45 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
Dwaling wrote:Since when were consoles ever really backwards compatible?

The Nintendo Wii was completely backwards compatible with the GameCube.

Reposting because merged topics.

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Thu May 23, 2013 12:34 pm

i must admit i laughed during the x bodge reveal.

I was following Angry Joes feed on twitter and the guy was doin his nut. I said to my young lad to watch for a review/rant and sure enough shortly thereafter he poster his vid.

Reading between the lines Microshaft are going for an entertainment console whereas sony have found out that trying to do that simply doesnt work so they're going to release a gaming console.

Ironically we should be hoping both consoles do well as they need to bounce off each other for us gamers to benefit in the long term.

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Thu May 23, 2013 12:42 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by lex0r on Thu May 23, 2013 1:01 pm

lex0r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content