The Xbox One

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Xbox One

Post by BansheeOwnage on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:30 am

DSharrah wrote:
BansheeOwnage wrote:
RavenEyry wrote:Yeah it does. That's one reason some people were getting it despite all the nonsense.
Oh, good. There wouldn't be much point otherwise.

Yes.  This is definetly a good thing.  I am hoping that we will hear more about the console and how it works at Gamescom...for example it would awesome if they actual elaborate on the statement regarding "you can plug your 360 into the new console"...personally I am hoping that it will work as a "peripheral" device and at least provide an indirect "backwards compatability".
Agreed on all accounts. Though, I'm not sure why that would be too useful if you could just use you 360 separately. I suppose you wouldn't need to have both set up, etc.

I'm the ONE on top!

banSHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Norlond
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:24 pm

BansheeOwnage wrote:
DSharrah wrote:
BansheeOwnage wrote:
RavenEyry wrote:Yeah it does. That's one reason some people were getting it despite all the nonsense.
Oh, good. There wouldn't be much point otherwise.

Yes.  This is definetly a good thing.  I am hoping that we will hear more about the console and how it works at Gamescom...for example it would awesome if they actual elaborate on the statement regarding "you can plug your 360 into the new console"...personally I am hoping that it will work as a "peripheral" device and at least provide an indirect "backwards compatability".
Agreed on all accounts. Though, I'm not sure why that would be too useful if you could just use you 360 separately. I suppose you wouldn't need to have both set up, etc.

I'm the ONE on top!

Well...my hope is that without a "direct" way for backwards compatability to work, that if the 360 can act as peripheral device it would mean that you could use all the functionality of the new console with whatever content is on your 360. Think of the way your TV works now as the hub, and how you switch b/w inputs to see what data is coming from your 360, your cable box, your dvd/blu ray player, etc...you can attach as many of these "inputs" as your tv allows and the tv uses the hardware/software of those device to display the information that is sent to it. I'm kind of hoping that the new console works much the same way - it will be very interesting to see how many inputs they are...it may also be a cheap way for consumers that have a 360 to "add memory capacity" to their new consoles.

"Does that mean it will kill your smug ass too?"

DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:34 pm

Oh you.
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead on Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:43 am

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:05 pm

It seems Don Mattrick may be leaving MS very soon. According to GameInformer, Don was a key proponent of Kinect, and they are speculating that his departure may open the door for MS to remove the mandatory Kinect 2.0 from the XB1 package enabling them to compete head to head with Sony in pricing.

Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:12 pm

BlueLogic wrote:It seems Don Mattrick may be leaving MS very soon.  According to GameInformer, Don was a key proponent of Kinect, and they are speculating that his departure may open the door for MS to remove the mandatory Kinect 2.0 from the XB1 package enabling them to compete head to head with Sony in pricing.
:D

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:22 pm

^ YES! Good! My main complaint addressed! :D I don't want Kinect, I don't want it always on, and I don't want to pay an extra $100 for that something I don't want. I don't even have a place to set the damn thing up anyway, I play at a desk with a PC monitor :/
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:55 am

Fur28 wrote:
BlueLogic wrote:It seems Don Mattrick may be leaving MS very soon. According to GameInformer, Don was a key proponent of Kinect, and they are speculating that his departure may open the door for MS to remove the mandatory Kinect 2.0 from the XB1 package enabling them to compete head to head with Sony in pricing.

BleedingUranium wrote:^ YES! Good! My main complaint addressed! :D I don't want Kinect, I don't want it always on, and I don't want to pay an extra $100 for that something I don't want. I don't even have a place to set the damn thing up anyway, I play at a desk with a PC monitor :/
+1! If people want it that's fine, but I definitely don't. And because my setup is identical to yours, I don't have anywhere to put it anyway. If they do this I'll have pretty much no complaints at all with the Xbox One. Hope this happens! cheers cheers 

BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:51 pm

BansheeOwnage wrote:
Fur28 wrote:
BlueLogic wrote:It seems Don Mattrick may be leaving MS very soon.  According to GameInformer, Don was a key proponent of Kinect, and they are speculating that his departure may open the door for MS to remove the mandatory Kinect 2.0 from the XB1 package enabling them to compete head to head with Sony in pricing.

BleedingUranium wrote:^ YES! Good! My main complaint addressed! :D I don't want Kinect, I don't want it always on, and I don't want to pay an extra $100 for that something I don't want. I don't even have a place to set the damn thing up anyway, I play at a desk with a PC monitor :/
+1! If people want it that's fine, but I definitely don't. And because my setup is identical to yours, I don't have anywhere to put it anyway. If they do this I'll have pretty much no complaints at all with the Xbox One. Hope this happens! cheers cheers 
Ladies and gents, Mattrick has left the building: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFg1BaRWgfs  As such, it wouldn't surprise me if they remove the Kinect from the X1.  However, even if they do, I think I'm still getting Kinect.  Sorry, I've watched too much Star Trek, and I want my voice commands, dang it. Tongue

Edit: If you prefer a non-IGN video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GRM0zieeGqE

Best emoticon ever.  Of all time: Dwail\'s Garrus 

Decision Chamber Hallucination Theory
RWBY/KS Crossover
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:42 pm

Going to Zynga? One cutthroat company for another eh?
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:50 pm

"Xbox One Kinect will be able to redeem QR codes" Seriously. Microsoft is now advertising that the Kinect will be able to read codes instead of you having to take 30 seconds to input them. That's how desperate they are for good PR on the Kinect. That's so very sad.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:37 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:48 am

...can't they just put the most commonly used slot on the actual console?

Edit: And apparently every headset that works with the PS3 will work with the PS4, so it's definitely possible.
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:52 am

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/xbox_360/egm-reader-response-how-do-you-feel-about-being-segregated-in-multiplayer-based-on-your-behavior/#

Discuss! Personally I agree with the top comments there. It sounds lovely and interesting - in theory. But people already abuse the reporting system, and it doesn't even do much at the moment. I guess we'll see how this turns out.

BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:10 am

BansheeOwnage wrote:http://www.egmnow.com/articles/xbox_360/egm-reader-response-how-do-you-feel-about-being-segregated-in-multiplayer-based-on-your-behavior/#

Discuss! Personally I agree with the top comments there. It sounds lovely and interesting - in theory. But people already abuse the reporting system, and it doesn't even do much at the moment. I guess we'll see how this turns out.

I can easily see gaming slums emerge from which there is no escape except death or *shudder* a new account. Without knowing the details, it's hard to even guess how people can game the system, or how effective it would actually be.

What I'm listening to: http://www.last.fm/user/Hrothdane/library
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine on Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:01 pm

BansheeOwnage wrote:http://www.egmnow.com/articles/xbox_360/egm-reader-response-how-do-you-feel-about-being-segregated-in-multiplayer-based-on-your-behavior/#

Or you know... maybe a feature to turn off voice chat? Just use it for when only you and your friends play... don't really need to hear strangers talk. Or heck, maybe even an option to only hear the voices of friends?

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:09 pm

While improvements have been made since the initial reveal, I'm still led to wonder what they were thinking.
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:51 pm

Yeah, Raven, I'm with you there. It's one cluster after another. Just... stupidity all around.
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:48 am

IronicParticle wrote:

Or you know... maybe a feature to turn off voice chat? Just use it for when only you and your friends play... don't really need to hear strangers talk. Or heck, maybe even an option to only hear the voices of friends?
I think they have those options already, or similar. But I'm not sure, I'd have to refresh my memory.

BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:32 am

BansheeOwnage wrote:
IronicParticle wrote:

I think they have those options already, or similar. But I'm not sure, I'd have to refresh my memory.
If they have it already then is this that big of a problem, so much so to risk the possible consequences of the solution presented in that article? I'd much rather have to just shut strangers up than risk being given a bad image that affects who I play with under false pretenses.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage on Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:22 am

IronicParticle wrote:
BansheeOwnage wrote:
IronicParticle wrote:

If they have it already then is this that big of a problem, so much so to risk the possible consequences of the solution presented in that article? I'd much rather have to just shut strangers up than risk being given a bad image that affects who I play with under false pretenses.
It's similar to the current system only in intention, not in practice. Currently you have a higher likelihood of running back into someone you "preferred" and a lower chance of running into someone you "disliked". But with thousands of people online, that really doesn't make a difference. And with low populations, you'll likely have to run into them again anyway.

This system is different in that it talks about actually separating the entire multiplayerbase into categories based on their reputation. So the danger for abuse is higher, as well as the potential consequences, but it remains to be seen if it develops into a problem in practice.

BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic on Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:59 pm

As suspected, it was just revealed that XB1 is not going to require Kinect to operate.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/08/12/report-kinect-not-required-for-xbox-one-operation.aspx

GameInformer speculates that at some point post launch, XB1 will be available for purchase without Kinect in the box, allowing them to better compete with PS4 in price.

Good for you XBox fans :)

Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing on Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:24 pm

BlueLogic wrote:As suspected, it was just revealed that XB1 is not going to require Kinect to operate.  

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/08/12/report-kinect-not-required-for-xbox-one-operation.aspx

GameInformer speculates that at some point post launch, XB1 will be available for purchase without Kinect in the box, allowing them to better compete with PS4 in price.  

Good for you XBox fans :)
If I do get the Xbox One, I'll use the Kinect on it.  That said, I'm glad that people who don't want to use the Kinect can be happy.

Best emoticon ever.  Of all time: Dwail\'s Garrus 

Decision Chamber Hallucination Theory
RWBY/KS Crossover
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane on Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:34 pm

To be fair it's not a bad tactic: Tell everyone how shit the xbox is going to be then slowly announcing backtracks on all of these things, to the point where it's acceptable.

It's no better than the PS4, but the faux sense of "improvement" over the original announcement is going to convince all of the mong-headed spazzes that XBONE is amazing...

Lowest common denominator marketing?

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:49 pm

CoolioThane wrote:To be fair it's not a bad tactic: Tell everyone how shit the xbox is going to be then slowly announcing backtracks on all of these things, to the point where it's acceptable.

It's no better than the PS4, but the faux sense of "improvement" over the original announcement is going to convince all of the mong-headed spazzes that XBONE is amazing...

Lowest common denominator marketing?
It's the exact same reason people tend to find tsundere characters appealing. Basic human psychology.
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top