The Xbox One

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Xbox One

Post by dorktainian on Tue May 28, 2013 8:27 pm

i find microshafts new product to be utterly hilarious.

You want TV? Great. It knows everything you watch.
You want Sport? Great. It knows everything you watch.

You want COD? Great it knows everything you watch.

X Bodge One. Good luck with that. Nice to see Bungie have lumped on with Sony and are premiering Destiny at E3 on the playstation platform (not that it wont be out on the xbodge, but it aint television so microshaft aint interested)

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead on Tue May 28, 2013 10:22 pm

ericformans_sisterisdead
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Tue May 28, 2013 11:23 pm

Well, if it continues to become more like a computer at least people will be able to use the Internet without having to worry about things like malware crippling it like they to computers that aren't able to be updated.

Last edited by Selim Bradley on Wed May 29, 2013 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium on Wed May 29, 2013 12:26 am

If you want game prices to go down, then all the used game and game trading has to go; prices can't possibly go down unless that happens. That doesn't mean they will go down, but they certainly can't right now.
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Wed May 29, 2013 1:21 am

BleedingUranium wrote:If you want game prices to go down, then all the used game and game trading has to go; prices can't possibly go down unless that happens. That doesn't mean they will go down, but they certainly can't right now.

What a brilliant observation. Here's another observation: Nobody was complaining about the price of games until naziass DRM started preventing people from selling what they rightfully own and thus forcing everyone to buy at retail price. Now these assholes want everyone to shell out top dollar for games that they can't even try first. No more "rent it first". Fucking digusting. But oh, it's okay because the publishers might find it in the kindness of their hearts to lower the price a few bucks. Rolling Eyes

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 29, 2013 5:00 am

Half an hour of a visit to my friend and his girlfriend today was spent bashing the X-Bone. It was nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 29, 2013 5:02 am

Selim Bradley wrote:Well, if it continues to become more like a computer at least people will be able to use the Internet without having to worry about things like malware crippling it like they to computers that aren't able to be updated.

No one I know (IRL) uses their xbox for browsing and no one I know have any plans to.

They have computers for that and aren't stupid about malware.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed May 29, 2013 6:40 am

SwobyJ wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:Well, if it continues to become more like a computer at least people will be able to use the Internet without having to worry about things like malware crippling it like they to computers that aren't able to be updated.

No one I know (IRL) uses their xbox for browsing and no one I know have any plans to.

They have computers for that and aren't stupid about malware.
That doesn't mean people don't. And some people can't afford upgrades.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider on Wed May 29, 2013 12:01 pm

Why would you have to pay for upgrades for a PC you mostly use for browsing the internet?
PCs are costly if you want to use them for (newer) games and if you have demanding performances in your job/hobbies (i.e. video editting, simulations run on the GPU etc.).
If you just want to browse the internet and maybe watch a few videos/movies and listen to music, the thing costs about 200-300 $. The peripherals would cost more, especially if you want to watch movies/series on a bigger screen and want to have a good sound system.
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Wed May 29, 2013 4:19 pm

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Humakt on Wed May 29, 2013 6:42 pm

Restrider wrote:
If you just want to browse the internet and maybe watch a few videos/movies and listen to music, the thing costs about 200-300 $.

You can get used computer for a lot cheaper than that.

Heck, I gave my old laptop for free to my relative.

Nightmare

http://www.celestialheavens.com/thundermaps/

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Wed May 29, 2013 8:41 pm

I say wait until after E3 to make any judgements on whether the XboxOne will be a "gaming" console or not...

"Does that mean it will kill your smug ass too?"

DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium on Wed May 29, 2013 11:44 pm

Rifneno wrote:
BleedingUranium wrote:If you want game prices to go down, then all the used game and game trading has to go; prices can't possibly go down unless that happens. That doesn't mean they will go down, but they certainly can't right now.

What a brilliant observation. Here's another observation: Nobody was complaining about the price of games until naziass DRM started preventing people from selling what they rightfully own and thus forcing everyone to buy at retail price. Now these assholes want everyone to shell out top dollar for games that they can't even try first. No more "rent it first". Fucking digusting. But oh, it's okay because the publishers might find it in the kindness of their hearts to lower the price a few bucks. Rolling Eyes

Wait, what? I'm confused, haven't games been $60 as standard for ages (in NA at least)? What I'm saying is now that $60 standard will have a chance to drop.

Also, in regards to DD's gif: They're not not making a Halo game to make the TV series, that's just on top of everything else. The Halo series's games have been planned out until at least Halo 6 already, likely to 7.
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic on Thu May 30, 2013 3:09 pm

Rifneno wrote:

Game prices are historically low considering inflation. We were paying $50 for a new NES game back when everything else we spent money on was quite a lot cheaper. I agree with Rifneno: no one was complaining about the prices of games. It's the loss of "ownership" of a product you paid for, the feeling that it is your game to do with as you please. That's the thing that gets people fired up. MS needs to come up with a system that maximizes the convenience and a sense of ownership to the customer. It could be as simple as verifying that only one instance of a game and key is running at any time. Then if you let your friend borrow Halo 15, they could play so long as you aren't playing. I hope MS caves to the pressure and makes something like this happen, because otherwise they're in for a big helping of customer migration. Between that issue and the lack of backward compatibility, XBone isn't looking particularly attractive for early adopters on a budget.
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Thu May 30, 2013 7:44 pm

Motherfuck those fucking fucks and their motherfucking mothers.

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage on Fri May 31, 2013 2:30 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Motherfuck those fucking fucks and their motherfucking mothers.
Rofl

How many used games could a game console game if a game console could run used games?

The answer is academic. It appears they can't! Javik\'s trolling

We need a whole lot of primitive console memes. Javik

banSHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Norlond
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium on Fri May 31, 2013 4:34 am

Read in Javik's voice Joyful
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by umadcommander on Fri May 31, 2013 1:00 pm

BansheeOwnage wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:Motherfuck those fucking fucks and their motherfucking mothers.
Rofl

How many used games could a game console game if a game console could run used games?

The answer is academic. It appears they can't! Javik\'s trolling

We need a whole lot of primitive console memes. Javik

umadcommander
Rachni Brood Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Fri May 31, 2013 1:07 pm

RoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRofl

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko on Fri May 31, 2013 2:46 pm

See... this is why I love the Indoctrination Theory and this forum so, so much.

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic on Fri May 31, 2013 4:41 pm

Genius

Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage on Fri May 31, 2013 6:23 pm

ElSuperGecko wrote:See... this is why I love the Indoctrination Theory and this forum so, so much.

Alliance approves

banSHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Norlond
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by lex0r on Fri May 31, 2013 8:30 pm

"No TV Talk At The Xbox E3 Conference, Microsoft Says"

https://www.youtube.com/lex0r
"I like to think about the first law of thermodynamics, that no energy in the universe is created and none is destroyed. Every bit of energy inside us, every particle will go on to be a part of something else. And every part of us now was once a part of some other thing."
lex0r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:38 pm

lex0r11 wrote:"No TV Talk At The Xbox E3 Conference, Microsoft Says"

I think that they have to focus on the games...if they don't, it could very well be the demise of the new console...and on a somewhat related topic - I am hoping that the big reveal planned for the 360 at E3, is an announcement that the 360 will work in conjuction with the new console as a peripheral - allowing for backwards compatability and playability of all of your XBLA titles with the new system...but its just a hope...Only 9 days away!

"Does that mean it will kill your smug ass too?"

DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:36 am

Sony officially said that the PS4 won't have built-in DRM. You'd have thought that we'd need to actually see the consoles released to know which one will win, but I guess not.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top