Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

+6
ThisOneIsPunny
MaximizedAction
RavenEyry
Hanako Ikezawa
estebanus
Arian Dynas
10 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun - Page 38 Empty Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Arian Dynas Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:49 am

Also, until someone other than you three posts, I am closing posting for the evening. :P
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun - Page 38 Empty Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:50 am

Arian Dynas wrote:Also, I wonder, has everyone looked at the assets sheet I posted in the main thread?
I have. We have our work cut out for us to this this kingdom back on it's feet again.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:03 am

Ok then :(
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:05 am

Guys, so you know, I'm here...just got some catching up to do...
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:09 am

Selim Bradley wrote:
Arian Dynas wrote:Also, I wonder, has everyone looked at the assets sheet I posted in the main thread?
I have. We have our work cut out for us to this this kingdom back on it's feet again.

Indeed you do; there are 10 townships, 4 fiefdoms, two major cities, three smaller ones, 9 castles, not including Castle Santoyi itself, and by extension, the loyalty of four barons to command.

And before anyone versed in what the word "County" means, by way of explaination; the kingdom had originally been the province of a Tureni Viscount, until a bandit warlord seized the castle and murdered the Viscount's family. When Sandro Santoyi was hired by the Turenic government to reclaim the land, the ambitious mercenary instead seized the county for himself, retanining the name "County Hall" for the governmental portion of the building.

Oh, and FYI, in case you guys didn't get the 400 square miles thing, the entire kingdom is roughly 20 mi by 20 mi. In other words, one could ride from one border to another on horse. A good approximation would be roughly the area of the city of Anchorage. Though, in this case, size doesn't matter because the kingdom USED to be an extremely prosperous one. It has been struck by an unfortunate drought, and a bad case of bankruptcy in the last few years. Unfortunately Max, your grandpa had been a spendthrift.

The rough population of the kingdom is on the order of about 36,000, assuming about 90 people per square mile. It]s likely a bit less than that, somewhere on line with 18,000 right now, due to all the troubles. There are two major cities, three smaller ones, 10 major towns, large enough to have their own mayors, and a large number of (now mostly abandoned) farms and outposts. I love my little cheat sheet.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:42 am

If Selim picks up the coffin with us, that's four. Should we move?
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:36 pm

CoolioThane wrote:If Selim picks up the coffin with us, that's four. Should we move?

Posting is closed for the night; I badly need some shut eye. I'll see what I can do about posting more in the morning; my first class of the da isn't till noon, so I've got time to kill.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:34 pm

Whoa, that Asset list is awesome. Man, is every forum RP so detailed and well organized? Almost feels like a real RPG, just without DirectX. Grin
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:46 pm

MaximizedAction wrote:Whoa, that Asset list is awesome. Man, is every forum RP so detailed and well organized? Almost feels like a real RPG, just without DirectX. Grin
No, not all are this detailed. Arian really went out of the box on this, to which I am thankful.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:03 pm

You're certainly planning a long game there.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:23 pm

Just accounting for all possible variables; I just put you guys in the playground, where you go is up to you.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:14 pm

I vote we join Sandro

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:15 pm

Fur28 wrote:I vote we join Sandro
Seconded.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:24 pm

Selim Bradley wrote:
Fur28 wrote:I vote we join Sandro
Seconded.
thirded.

And man, this calculation of possible attacks depending on DEX and STR is quite complex. I'm gonna need to write down a formula that has the input: the enemy's STR and the output: number of killed and injured enemies, to not calculate my attacks from scratch every time...
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:28 pm

Can I get to Enrico or are has he run off to let the goons fight?
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:30 pm

RavenEyry wrote:Can I get to Enrico or are has he run off to let the goons fight?
I think we have to eliminate his minions first. Enrico is almost definately a boss character, and as such has special characteristics that Arian hasn't shared with us yet.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:33 pm

yay, estebanus and me can kill with one hit :)
and he can do more attacks i believe

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:35 pm

Fur28 wrote:yay, estebanus and me can kill with one hit :)
and he can do more attacks i believe
I can too. i can kill three of the normal ghouls in a single post.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:36 pm

Unless I've misread it it takes two attacks for me to kill one, and I can do two standard.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:40 pm

RavenEyry wrote:Unless I've misread it it takes two attacks for me to kill one, and I can do two standard.
you are weilding your specialty weapon, so an attack with that does double. You Raven can kill two ghouls per post.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:41 pm

Selim Bradley wrote:
RavenEyry wrote:Unless I've misread it it takes two attacks for me to kill one, and I can do two standard.
you are weilding your specialty weapon, so an attack with that does double. You Raven can kill two ghouls per post.
Missed tht part. Splendid.

I can do three attacks next post and all.

I'm not gonna edit my post though. That ghoul is extra dead.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:59 pm

Looks like I can't do really much on my own; two average attacks per post.

And about working with someone else:
most of you can deal with ghouls all by yourself, my additions are likely not not really contribute, except when you are two average hits away from a kill.

In short: I can just finish someone, without adding together all the groups abilities together to have maximum efficiency.
If you want that...is there an online form available for forum RPs? Otherwise I'll need to do an Excel sheet for this. Or does Arian have one in front of him at all times to check our posts for legitimacy?

EDIT: Sorry for being a crybaby, but it's impossible to keep this all in mind for a noob. ^^
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:04 pm

I think he'll give benefit of the doubt if someone kills a non-boss when they shouldn't have.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:08 pm

MaximizedAction wrote:Looks like I can't do really much on my own; two average attacks per post.

And about working with someone else:
most of you can deal with ghouls all by yourself, my additions are likely not not really contribute, except when you are two average hits away from a kill.

In short: I can just finish someone, without adding together all the groups abilities together to have maximum efficiency.
If you want that...is there an online form available for forum RPs? Otherwise I'll need to do an Excel sheet for this. Or does Arian have one in front of him at all times to check our posts for legitimacy?

EDIT: Sorry for being a crybaby, but it's impossible to keep this all in mind for a noob. ^^
There's a post in the main thread about it. Plus, since you use magic, which you are trained in, I think the double damage rule applies to you too. If not, Arian can correct us when he gets back. Joyful
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:22 pm

Selim Bradley wrote:
There's a post in the main thread about it. Plus, since you use magic, which you are trained in, I think the double damage rule applies to you too. If not, Arian can correct us when he gets back. Joyful

Oh I saw the post. It gives the numbers and the description. But at the end it has a lot of constants (the team's stats) but only one variable: the enemy's strength.

The really complex part is: going through all possible combinations of teammembers to find out the best combination to deal the most damage. And that's not just one big formula, but actually a complex algorithm that has to be run every time a combat situation occurs.

...hm, in retrospect I think the idea of the forum RP is exactly this. If it were easy to find out the best combination at once, the game would be won pretty soon. So there's not harm if we don't deal the team's maximum damage every time?
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next